• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Malakandra is mod confirmed town. Who is “everyone” on your list? At the time you made this post, I was voting for Ryker. Just going back one page to Page 13, Vicarin’s list Post #494 does not agree
Vic’s is a lot more similar than you’re letting on; the general layout is kinda the same, but like at the same time I haven’t been able to completely instill trust in them yet. RR’s is similar, FF’s is similar, Fonti’s is similar, actually most of the reads lists at the end are pretty similar. Sure Vic’s is a bit different in the sense that they scum read different people, but like for the most part I thought it was the same.

Maven89

Smash Master
LaserGuy LaserGuy , I actually had no recollection of playing with you since we played on your home site. The last few years of mafia for me have been me joining, falling behind, failing to catch up, and then either being replaced, mod killed, or lynched for inactivity. After a few months I figure I have time to actually play and wind up repeating the process. They all blend together at a certain point.

Either way, you’re misinterpreting my point. I’m not voting you for meta reasons, I’m voting you for lack of content. Even now you’ve only really started to play when you’re on the chopping block. My comment about your abilities was just me answering Rykers question. I’d be voting for you even if we had never played before.

Also, I did check back on the Oasis Mafia game you linked, where I apparently criticized you for the same thing I did this game, and you were scum in it?

Maven89

Smash Master
You also mention Xiviis “paper thin” case on you but didn’t give a read. How are you feeling about Xivii on this?

Maven89

Smash Master
Is there any reason we should believe that your passive ability works as claimed and is on a town player?
It’s easily tested, so yes. The town part, I can either give you a ****load of WIFOM about it, or you can just look at my content from here on out

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Malakandara is mod confirmed town. Who is “everyone” on your list? At the time you made this post, I was voting for Ryker. Just going back one page to Page 13, Vicarin’s list Post #494 does not agree, he has Xivii and Maven near the bottom. So your “everyone” seems to be a select group of people. Or perhaps by everyone you actually mean fonti?

At the time I made the post you quoted, I was referring to Ryker’s refusal to answer the same question multiple times.

And yes, even non answers can be useful, like FrozenFlame's non-answer to this:

Frozen quoted but did not answer my question in Post #404. So @#HBC | FrozeηFlame you want to answer this, or you want to continue to avoid giving a read on Maven's content?

Ok, first of all, my vote for Ryker was in Post #262, and if you go back and read the post, no I didn’t give a direct reason, but I implied that it was for not answering my question (this is my meta style and you can pick an xkcd player or Xivii to confirm). I did explain in detail in Post #436. My snarky remarks at Ryker for being mean to Sabrar did not come until Post #412, after Sabrar replaced out.

I was asked by Ryker directly if I was voting for him because I dislike him, and I did not address the dislike part of the question because it is irrelevant. And none of you know what I would answer, so quit extrapolating and attributing your assumptions to my personal thoughts.

Ok, Red Ryu, from your evaluation, what has Ryker done to generate content, and what are the results? I’m not denying that he has, but I would like to know what conclusions you draw from it.

I don’t understand this question. Are you asking my evaluation of these players with respect to their voting?

View attachment 290300
I’ll get back to this when I am at a PC, I work is busy and trying to navigate this on mobile will be a mess.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ryu sabrar is an experienced player who deals fine with pressure.

Ryu why did you pick somis read of UP out of all the content?
it stuck out to me as a post. Since it was hyper focused on set-up analysis when I think at this stage it is less important and imo not worth the effort to think on. It seems to disregard actual play of the player over saying the set-up is why they voted.

is Sabrar very experienced? Ohh that changes how I view earlier content then.....how much experience do they have?

Wam

Smash Ace
it stuck out to me as a post. Since it was hyper focused on set-up analysis when I think at this stage it is less important and imo not worth the effort to think on. It seems to disregard actual play of the player over saying the set-up is why they voted.

is Sabrar very experienced? Ohh that changes how I view earlier content then.....how much experience do they have?
bessie bessie your best bet for actually numbers but I think I personally have played 10+ games with sabrar.

Maven89

Smash Master
Hold up

We have an innocent child, and a masonry?

That means we have nearly 1/3rd to 1/4th of the town cleared right from the start of the game?

That seems hella suspicious.

Wam

Smash Ace
Hold up

We have an innocent child, and a masonry?

That means we have nearly 1/3rd to 1/4th of the town cleared right from the start of the game?

That seems hella suspicious.
Yes if you believe the masons claim.

Wam

Smash Ace
Why does it show scum?

Ps. I tried to have just why but apprently theres a minimum post limit!

fontisian

Smash Champion
Why does it show scum?

Ps. I tried to have just why but apprently theres a minimum post limit!
Because you're talking to the person you're voting.

Because you're asking me why I'm scumreading you instead of why I'm townreading your strongest scumread.

Because you don't care about mason/inno child interaction, you just think Ryker is town lying about being a mason.

Wam

Smash Ace
Come again how does talking to the person I'm voting make me scum? Genuine question I dont see the logic there at all.

I also got town pings from maven but it's been discussed so much and there are enough town reactions out there I think its nai. You jumping to that assumption is interesting but I was thinking it over.

I do think ryker is lying. I havent decided if thay makes them scum or not.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Come again how does talking to the person I'm voting make me scum? Genuine question I dont see the logic there at all.

I also got town pings from maven but it's been discussed so much and there are enough town reactions out there I think its nai. You jumping to that assumption is interesting but I was thinking it over.

I do think ryker is lying. I havent decided if thay makes them scum or not.
Not the fact that you're talking to Maven, the way you're talking to him. You're not trying to figure him out at all.

Why does your townpings from Maven being discussed make them NAI? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not sure how you can be certain Ryker is lying unless you know a fair bit more about the setup than I do.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don’t see a world where Ryker is town and lied about being a mason when we already have an innocent child
This is a town reaction. It's probably wrong (I think there's a fair chance Ryker /would/ lie about being a mason as town), but it's town.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
See, my issues with the Maven wagon are as follows:

1.) I really hate people using his NAI claim against him.
2.) I really hate how opportunistic it looks since he's probably the least disagreeable slot to say "I don't like it."
3.) It's being pushed by slots I really am not fond of.

Wam

Smash Ace
Not the fact that you're talking to Maven, the way you're talking to him. You're not trying to figure him out at all.

Why does your townpings from Maven being discussed make them NAI? That doesn't make sense to me.

I'm not sure how you can be certain Ryker is lying unless you know a fair bit more about the setup than I do.
Nice bit of role fishing by the way

Maven89

Smash Master
I really like Ryker’s content, but his claim does raise issues that were not apparent to me until recently ( I was at work placing rodent bait and suddenly thought “wait a minute...”), but I also hate hate hate trying to make pushes based off game balance, especially early in the game. For all we know having 1/3rd or so town players cleared is balanced in the game. It’s also possible the game is just unbalanced, or the towns advantage is only in clears and weak PRs. I honestly have zero idea. This is basically a lot of words to say that I’m not pushing or voting Ryker today, but I’m definitely not viewing him as being mason-cleared anymore. I’m going to treat him as town until he gives me a reason not to.

Font, you have suddenly buddied me really, really hard and it’s unnerving.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Fonti's fine, they've done a lot of stuff I've liked such as having an unbelievably townie tone and their reads align with my own. I'm comfortable with how they've been acting and would like to keep them around for now.

Call me the party pooper, but I'm not completely sold on town!Eido. He's been asking a lot of questions, but like I think it's not out of the realm of possibility that he knows that asking loads of questions is townie, especially if his potential scummates told him "make sure to ask a lot of questions.* Actions speak louder than words, and in terms of where his head has been at, I can't help but disagree.

I also don't like how FF has hard townlocked that slot. I get that it's not permanent but there's something that scares me about Eido and I'm not quite sure what. I think it's too early to put him high up in the townleans, even if they've been decent for the most part.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
I also don't like how FF has hard townlocked that slot. I get that it's not permanent but there's something that scares me about Eido and I'm not quite sure what. I think it's too early to put him high up in the townleans, even if they've been decent for the most part.
meant to finish this, FF has been majorly null. They might be thinking the same things as me but just not a fan of their reads on me and Eido for one.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I really like Ryker’s content, but his claim does raise issues that were not apparent to me until recently ( I was at work placing rodent bait and suddenly thought “wait a minute...”), but I also hate hate hate trying to make pushes based off game balance, especially early in the game. For all we know having 1/3rd or so town players cleared is balanced in the game. It’s also possible the game is just unbalanced, or the towns advantage is only in clears and weak PRs. I honestly have zero idea. This is basically a lot of words to say that I’m not pushing or voting Ryker today, but I’m definitely not viewing him as being mason-cleared anymore. I’m going to treat him as town until he gives me a reason not to.

Font, you have suddenly buddied me really, really hard and it’s unnerving.
Don't stress too much. I'll be dead before you know it.

Top Bottom