• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh, duh. Ok found the crumb. That makes Ryker look even more townie. But now I have to know #HBC | FrozeηFlame #HBC | FrozeηFlame why were you for a mass claim??? This is so off from you, who I consider to be a more traditional player. Additionally, why are you so readily accepting of the Mason claim? How does Masons + Innocent Child make sense?

Maven89

Smash Master
I’m still catching up, not ready yet. I was going to claim anyways so I might as well claim as part of my prod dodge

I’m Caustic, my only ability is a passive, which makes every non-lethal action action targeting me to fail. Anyone targeting me will be informed that they failed. I’m informing everyone so no ones actions are wasted on me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I’m still catching up, not ready yet. I was going to claim anyways so I might as well claim as part of my prod dodge

I’m Caustic, my only ability is a passive, which makes every non-lethal action action targeting me to fail. Anyone targeting me will be informed that they failed. I’m informing everyone so no ones actions are wasted on me.
Why didn't you share this earlier? Why just tease it?

Eido, I see you and I'll get back to you.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Thinking it over, it's doubtful that Bessie and Ryker's opening is a coincidence. What if Ryker is like a scum commuter or some self-sacrificing role of some sort whose alignment isn't revealed and he set up multiple mason crumbs with his partners by which one of them could claim if ever in the hotseat.

Reactions: Wam

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
What is our opening other than "hurtful, meen"? I have mostly ignored that slot aside from using it as a springboard to try and interact with Laserguy. It bit on the line I put out trying to get people to play the game.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Thinking it over, it's doubtful that Bessie and Ryker's opening is a coincidence. What if Ryker is like a scum commuter or some self-sacrificing role of some sort whose alignment isn't revealed and he set up multiple mason crumbs with his partners by which one of them could claim if ever in the hotseat.
Chill a bit. Reality is rarely so complicated. We'll kill scum off of behavior, and we will win.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
What is our opening other than "hurtful, meen"? I have mostly ignored that slot aside from using it as a springboard to try and interact with Laserguy. It bit on the line I put out trying to get people to play the game.
The beginning of spelling Masons with your posts I mean. It's too coincidental for you to be masons and for your first posts to begin to spell masons. Not to mention you two are both players who used the scheme before. Even before your claim, I was wondering why you started your post with Awesome and why bessie started her post with So. I also noted that you copy-pasted your accidental post from the other thread rather than begin it with something like "lets try this again," which further adds weight that you needed the post to be in that form. (I know that probably seems like a leap, but I genuinely was curious to see if you would copy-paste or make a new post and was surprised to see the former).

Anyway, the only reason why I'm bringing this up is because reasons. We'll see how things play out. I think I know town!your plan, and if it turns out to be the case we can disregard this.

The reason why I made that note to Ryu is because someone expressed to me before that it made them feel bad, cause it's like not seeing them as a person, which Ruy tends to do. There's of course many instances where it's natural or useful to use. For example, your usage on the previous page.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
I have specific feelings about the Sabrar-Ryker situation, but I'll leave that until after the game.

Thoughts about some particular players:

Xivii - Play has been all over the place this game. Has done lots of speculation about flavour relating to roles, then says that they don't think it's particularly useful, then goes back to speculation. Has been driving discussion. Had inconsistencies in some of their arguments, and also flipping around on some reads. In particular, they gave a Red Ryu read which was basically "Town, trust me on this", and now they've gone straight to reading as him as scum.

Eido - Apparently new to Mafia, has been asking questions and doing some discussion. If they're scum in their first game, they're doing a decent job of being townie, happy to file as town for the time being.

Sabrar/UtopianPoyzin - Confirmed double voter (of some kind). Has been building a decent case against Xivii. Has been in a fair few random arguments, and wanted to continue arguing with me when I was saying it wasn't useful to do so... weird that he would want to waste time. Having the 2nd vote not be able to be moved once placed is an ability I could see either side having, so I'm not inclined to read too much into that.

Ryker - Claiming Mason. Despite what I may think of their play in general, does appear to be trying to actually drive discussion and get people talking, even if it is by bringing up bad ideas. Inclined to believe town, though will depend on who their claimed partner shakes out to be.

Red Ryu - The adding of their vote onto my wagon and question for people to justify NOT voting for me really rubs me the wrong way. Strikes me as wanting to look as if they're contributing to the conversation and possibly pushing a wagon beyond the point of no return prematurely.

Fontisian - Really liked their analysis on Page 8, despite the slow start.

Maven89 - Got nothing much, the stuff that they have put it out is mostly echoing what other people said. Claiming that their only ability blocks all non-lethal actions on them is pretty convenient for them too.

Town

Vicarin
Malakandra
Ryker
Fontisian
Eido
Somitomi
LaserGuy
Bessie
FrozenFlame
Wam
Sabrar/UtopianPoyzin
Maven89
Xivii
RedRyu

Scum

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
The beginning of spelling Masons with your posts I mean. It's too coincidental for you to be masons and for your first posts to begin to spell masons. Not to mention you two are both players who used the scheme before. Even before your claim, I was wondering why you started your post with Awesome and why bessie started her post with So. I also noted that you copy-pasted your accidental post from the other thread rather than begin it with something like "lets try this again," which further adds weight that you needed the post to be in that form. (I know that probably seems like a leap, but I genuinely was curious to see if you would copy-paste or make a new post and was surprised to see the former).

Anyway, the only reason why I'm bringing this up is because reasons. We'll see how things play out. I think I know town!your plan, and if it turns out to be the case we can disregard this.

The reason why I made that note to Ryu is because someone expressed to me before that it made them feel bad, cause it's like not seeing them as a person, which Ruy tends to do. There's of course many instances where it's natural or useful to use. For example, your usage on the previous page.
I,.... didn't actually know we had done that. My crumb is HYPER obtuse and you'll never find it.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Im gonna try and do a reread tomorrow if things don't pick up. Mostly need input from slots like Somitomi and Maven.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii - Play has been all over the place this game. Has done lots of speculation about flavour relating to roles, then says that they don't think it's particularly useful, then goes back to speculation. Has been driving discussion. Had inconsistencies in some of their arguments, and also flipping around on some reads. In particular, they gave a Red Ryu read which was basically "Town, trust me on this", and now they've gone straight to reading as him as scum.
Xivii Xivii That's a rather weird reads list, especially since you list me as having no content and have basically no reasoning for the town reads.
vic2.png

Vic is probably town. Color-coordinated similar phrases. hi bessie

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I havent seen a case that thourpigh my sabrar day 1 as town for a long time.
You mean like your last scum game?

sab.PNG

Side note: it's funny how similar this is. Particularly the "Zen doesn't care about actually reading" part and him thinking I'm 3P. I'm willing to let go of the UP push. That leaves us with LaserGuy, Wam, and Red Ryu. I'd be willing to yeet any of those three in that order of preference (harder to lynch to easier to lynch). Maven I'm undecided on based on that claim.

Vote: LaserGuy

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Actually, I have a question for you. Why did Sab scumread you?
My understanding is that he didn't like that I was asking for Revenant to claim because there was no town motivation for it. He also didn't like my change in reads with little justification. And he believed I misrepresented the time frame of his read on me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Zen, wasn't Sabrar similarly interested in hunting third party hunting over finding regular scum in Sumting Mafia, or am I misremembering? Iirc, I remember seeing him third party hunt in thread, and thinking it was a scumtell but keeping that to myself, for obvious reasons (I was also scum).

fontisian

Smash Champion
Alright I probably won’t catch up tonight, a buddy came over. I only read up to page 3.

So far, I’m liking Rykers content, I like Vicarions content, and I don’t like fosian and to a less extent red ryu. Everyone else is null. I think the push on Vicarion is gross and I’m wary of Red Ryu because of it. I find Ryker and Vicarion a argument to be TvT, I lean towards Vicarion as I believe Ryker is just hoping the setup can be broken to cut down on tone and effort, he’s hoping for an easy way out. However, I still would be down for a mass claim, but certainly not at the start of day 1. I will almost definitely be claiming before the end of the day. I don’t see Ryker as scum unless it’s a crazy gambit which I doubt he would do with something as blatant as mass claiming. I’m not voting now because I have no idea where the game is at but if the game was just past page 3 I’d vote fosian for non content posting.

Vicarion certainly does not deserve to be lynched for opposing a mass claim and I can only hope in the next pages Ryker calls his lynch off and starts throwing shade at the people who jumped on it.

My Wallace the jailer comment is a meta joke and someone else in this website can explain it
Maven89 Maven89 , in case you don't see my earlier question, I would like to know what you said "I will almost definitely be claiming before the end of the day," here instead of just claiming? Was there a reason you were waiting?

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Ngl I can’t remember a time where Maven has said that he realizes how scummy he looks. That and he’s uncharacteristically talkative. Lastly, high doubt he only has one passive ability

Ftr, I have 2 abilities. My only other ability is a one-shot visit that removes my double vote, and Im not forced to use it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I hope he claims mason. Then I don't have to read him.
I'm guessing this post from Ryker was an attempt to bait out a fake mason claim that he could then counter. Small possibility that he's scum and a. thought we shouldn't have masons because of the inno child and b. the reactions to this rolefish further convinced him of a lack of masons, but I'm fine with the rest of his play.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I actually legit think Maven finally rolled scum and is trying to do his part to hold his own. I don’t like voting for Maven because he’s typically null, but I can def get behind it right now.
Could you show your process a little more? Like, the order of Maven posts you're looking at and how you've gotten more convinced of him being scum. I want the track your thought process has taken, essentially.

I'm also somewhat curious about why you asked Xivii about Sabrar's case on him. Were you not worried about the potential for scum!Xivii to manipulate you? This is less important.

UtopianPoyzin

Smash Master
Writing Team
Not sure, I’ll get back to you when I find out.
Switch FC
SW 1975-0838-2970
Could you show your process a little more? Like, the order of Maven posts you're looking at and how you've gotten more convinced of him being scum. I want the track your thought process has taken, essentially.
Not convinced of maven being scum. My readslist is still accurate. But I heard Bessie is mason and the Wam wagon is feeling pretty stale so Maven is a good alternative.

I’m thinking less, voting more

Were you not worried about the potential for scum!Xivii to manipulate you?
No. I already read what Sab said, so I could easily fall back on that. I wasn’t convinced. I wanted to hear the other side

fontisian

Smash Champion
Alright, I'll be more specific. I'm asking about what you were doing in between here:
Ngl I can’t remember a time where Maven has said that he realizes how scummy he looks. That and he’s uncharacteristically talkative. Lastly, high doubt he only has one passive ability

Ftr, I have 2 abilities. My only other ability is a one-shot visit that removes my double vote, and Im not forced to use it.
And here:
I actually legit think Maven finally rolled scum and is trying to do his part to hold his own. I don’t like voting for Maven because he’s typically null, but I can def get behind it right now.
What posts did you read? What were you thinking about?

Top Bottom