• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2014 - January 17-19, 2014 - Somerset, NJ

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Oh hi battlecow!

There has been no post deleted on that page (with 40 ppp).
no there definitely has unfortunately, so I'll assume it wasn't you and there's been some sort of perma delete DAMN THEY SCURRED OF US!

But I know cobr responded to me and then I responded to him, specifically using the word "leverage" which cannot be found on this page with ctrl f except for the second post I made summarizing the deleted posts. Or you know cobr and I are both imaging a conversation we had with one another.

REMEMBER, REMEMBER, THE 25TH OF NOVEMBER

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Chiba is one of the top guys, higher than sangoku. He could probably hide the posts from sangoku if he wished. It is obviously a conspiracy

CONTROLLLLLL.

Crazy Diamond

Smash Rookie
sounds like a lot of hoopla going on behind back doors don't know how hard it is to properly meet the needs of the players who are attending your tourney and giving you money for instead of just shoving opinions under the rug lol

edit: i would like more information about the hotels we're staying at and all that other stuff too and i heard from *** Vwls maybe YBOMBB could help me out with all that

Sangoku

Smash Master
I only saw brawl backroom member under his username (no super mod or admin) so this kind of weird. Also mods aren't supposed to act too much in sections that aren't theirs (unless they're super mod/admin) and they are even less supposed to hard delete messages. Are you positive that it was not in another thread?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well while we are at the venue any setups we brought are fair game to be used for the tournament, assuming you received a discount for bringing a setup. And even if you didn't get the discount, well idk if they might kick you out if you try to take your TV back. Dunno if they have the right they have to do that, but they definitely do have a right to not let you use any outlets at the venue, since they are renting the place for the weekend. So taking tv's from the tournament and moving them to our friendly section at the venue likely can be stopped by them if they really want to.

That being said, we can always take our TV's to the hotel rooms friday night and not bring them back on Saturday lol. You know, since we have no tourney stuff after 1 pm on Saturday anyway. Honestly not much reason to be at the venue on saturday/sunday unless you care about the other games assuming we can all fit in hotel rooms. I was gonna enter melee, but I'm not going to any more because I don't want them to have any more of my money than necessary, and it remains to be seen if I enter 64 at all idk.
Cobr responded to this post of mine with a fairly length post with him being upset that people would try to take his personal equipment and use it for other games. I responded to his post as well. Looking at our post history I see no evidence of either or our posts ever happening in any thread.

Sangoku

Smash Master
mixa also got a post deleted in the ask a question thread. And his post was not arguing with anyone, so it's probably a bug. Maybe all the posts within a time frame were deleted? I have no idea what's going on, but I'll ask admins if it continues.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
At EVO 2008, the smash community kept trying to tell the SRK guys what the competitive rules were for brawl and how it should be run, but the evo staff almost ignored them on every aspect and tried to run it their own way.

The EVO/SRK staff insisted that any competitive fighter should use the default ruleset and not ban anything unless it is proven to be broken. All stages and items were going to be allowed in the tournament. The brawl players argued as hard as possible and all they got in return were that only a few of the really idiotic stages were banned, but a lot of stupid stages were still left in and all items were allowed.

Why did this happen? Because the EVO staff insisted on "equality". That all games run under default ruleset unless it is proven that the default ruleset doesn't work. Equality. EVO staff insisted that their ruleset was the best and the brawl community didn't know what they were doing by already banning stages and items. Equality. "You're going to pay a lot of money to make it to our tournament and you're going to play your game with our rules whether you like it or not". Equality.

Why am I talking about this? I must be rambling about nothing.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
^^yo tell that to the apex guys that is a DAMN good point that they might actually relate to because it happened to them. Of course they'll claim its not comparable because its tournament format and not in game ruleset. Anything to support their stance.

mixa also got a post deleted in the ask a question thread. And his post was not arguing with anyone, so it's probably a bug. Maybe all the posts within a time frame were deleted? I have no idea what's going on, but I'll ask admins if it continues.
Or was it all part of the plan to make it SEEM like a bug?!?!?!?!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
So does anyone care besides me that we're still having an awful format for the tourney? If not, I'll stop complaining.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
oh no, solo, keep complaining. i'm raging at the way this is being handled, but unfortunately, there's little we can do besides gather the points we've made, explain them to nintendude, and have him talk to the staff.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that's great and all but the bigger problem is the idea of bracket pools and our ability to run RR a couple hours earlier with no problem with respect to time/ the unclear idea whether or not they want to use our tvs for melee and brawl/ the notion that a 32 man bracket gives you the potential to play the same people and gives you fewer matches than rr which is what we desired/ thinking that 3hrs for top 8 will equal 3hrs per 32man bracket...

Shears

Smash Master
Does anyone else feel like us 64 guys are being treated like second class citizens? Melee has teams, brawl has teams, 64...No teams! What is this nonsense? They tell us we have to have a tournament structure the same as everyone else, but they don't let us have teams like everyone else?! All the duties, none of the privileges. We need to stand up to Alex Strife and the other leaders of the Apex fascist party that won't relinquish their powers and give us democracy and equality. FREEDOM!!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
quote="prisonchild, post: 16050625, member: 210681"]maybe they just weren't expecting it to fall on that day? (the sunday date is in the title but 64 isn't running on that day)

but yeah they should've known, the schedule has been out a while hasn't it?[/quote]
I'm pretty sure it was on friday for 2012 and 2013 as well. people just like to complain

also, project M has no teams either. we can still do teams but someone has to step it up and run it

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
teams really isn't the biggest issue here. nor is being ran on friday an issue. 10am stream and all the other problems, on the other hand...

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
Yeah don't they know the older 64 crowd parties harder than the players of the other games? Looks like I'll just have to not sleep

Battlecow

Play to Win
Kero is better than Battlecow (Essentially inactive during a period where Kero got way better) and Stranded (Kero wasn't playing to win at the most recent Redbank)

I don't think LD, Bane or Matts are going to go to Apex.

I would still bodyrock Kero

THE CALLOUT

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
3 Japanese players have made their reservations.

Tavo hasn't given any updates in weeks so if he didn't get his visa by now I doubt he'll have enough time to get one before January. If he does get a visa he will still probably come to the US later in the year.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
I changed my plans and wont be getting to NJ until wednesday, and I wont be getting to my place in NJ till Thursday. I am getting a 12 passenger van. I have to pick boom up from Newark airport wednesday afternoon, then i need to figure out somewhere to stay that night as close to JFK as possible so i can pick up the japanese thursday morning.

There are 7 spots open in the van that people can use to grab a trip from my place in NJ to the tournament on friday. So I'll have a smashfest at my place Thursday.

My adjacent Hotel rooms are going to be:
Room 1 is me and 3-5 others, and it's lights out at midnight the first night (before finals).
Room 2 is 4-6 people, and they decide when they want to sleep.
Foreigners get dibs on beds, and if the beds are big enough it should be 2 to a bed.

I have 5 6 spots taken. (me, boom, 3 japanese, isai) This leaves another 4-6 spots open.

1: No melee / brawl players
2: Foreigners get precedence on the spots.

Recap:
  • Me an boom need a place to stay wednesday night near NYC
  • Smashfest at my house thursday, max 15 people
  • I can drive 7 extra people from my house to the tournament
  • I have 4-6 extra spots in hotel room if you dont mind possibly sleeping on floor.
  • saturday night is for partying
Edit:
I would be cool if Jamie, Dexter, Mariguas fill those spots

SheerMadness

Smash Master
cmu holding it down for the smash community. Good job man.

But I still hate you for supporting kb players.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
But I still hate you for supporting kb players.
Im updting the adapter (which is for USB, so not just keyboards) to make it more portable and easier to use. I'm basically turning it into a tablet computer with a touchscreen, but it brings the cost up to like $200 - $220 an adapter

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'd sleep on the floor. it's also you so I'd be able to play KB vs. the international players

sounds like mad fun.

Also, I'm only entering ssb64 and project M but I plan on only staying on the ssb64 side, period.

Two other notes, I have work earlier in the week, aka I can't do anything earlier. I'd be there for sleeping and playing smash on Friday night/Saturday.

also that adapter idea, what/

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
I was very sure of myself, without a doubt, that I would be at Apex... But, the organization of the SSB64 tournament (bracket pools, small amount of time, etc.) has slightly altered my decision to attend. Not sure if I have the desire to go now.

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
I changed my plans and wont be getting to NJ until wednesday, and I wont be getting to my place in NJ till Thursday. I am getting a 12 passenger van. I have to pick boom up from Newark airport wednesday afternoon, then i need to figure out somewhere to stay that night as close to JFK as possible so i can pick up the japanese thursday morning.

There are 7 spots open in the van that people can use to grab a trip from my place in NJ to the tournament on friday. So I'll have a smashfest at my place Thursday.

My adjacent Hotel rooms are going to be:
Room 1 is me and 3-5 others, and it's lights out at midnight the first night (before finals).
Room 2 is 4-6 people, and they decide when they want to sleep.
Foreigners get dibs on beds, and if the beds are big enough it should be 2 to a bed.

I have 5 6 spots taken. (me, boom, 3 japanese, isai) This leaves another 4-6 spots open.

1: No melee / brawl players
2: Foreigners get precedence on the spots.

Recap:
  • Me an boom need a place to stay wednesday night near NYC
  • Smashfest at my house thursday, max 15 people
  • I can drive 7 extra people from my house to the tournament
  • I have 4-6 extra spots in hotel room if you dont mind possibly sleeping on floor.
  • saturday night is for partying
Edit:

I would be cool if Jamie, Dexter, Mariguas fill those spots
Someone should get a recording setup for that room. Those matches are going to be epic. I'm staying in Jimmyjoe's room but would definitely like to stop by to watch/get some games in.

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
I was very sure of myself, without a doubt, that I would be at Apex... But, the organization of the SSB64 tournament (bracket pools, small amount of time, etc.) has slightly altered my decision to attend. Not sure if I have the desire to go now.
if thats how you feel then please post in the thread that cobr linked. If we want our concerns to be taken seriously then the apex staff needs to see that alot of people feel this way not just the minority that has posted in that thread so far

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Im updting the adapter (which is for USB, so not just keyboards) to make it more portable and easier to use. I'm basically turning it into a tablet computer with a touchscreen, but it brings the cost up to like $200 - $220 an adapter
Any update on whether your adapter will support Xbox 360 controllers? If they are supported, my desire to go to Apex would increase tremendously. Also, I have a tablet with a USB port.

Top Bottom