• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Smash 64 January 11-13th, 2013 Singles Bracket is now up

clubbadubba

Smash Master
that is one crazy keyboard lol. Yea I'm not even gonna play in the tourney this year, dunno why I'm arguing so much about it. I even told myself I wouldn't...

C.SDK

Smash Ace
that's cool, go **** yourself.

Bro, do u even lift?

But in all seriousness, I was being modest but now I'm just gonna be frank: this game is stupid (unless it's low tiers)

Once I'm done pwning the n00bs in the singles bracket, I'll finally quit this game.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
No, that's too vague of a statement. Because now your approving the use modded controllers. Correction

*If it plugs into the n64 and has no significant advantages, let people use it.

That's better... :)

Plus keyboard to n64 is possible but its non-existent. There's no reason to be hype about it when its not even in the making lol
anything is possible

james and i used to use the gamecube/wii>n64 controller adapter he had to play brawl with 64 controllers, which was pretty fun.

Bro, do u even lift?

But in all seriousness, I was being modest but now I'm just gonna be frank: this game is stupid (unless it's low tiers)

Once I'm done pwning the n00bs in the singles bracket, I'll finally quit this game.
you'll quit this stupid game? oh noes, i'll miss you

<3

Battlecow

Play to Win
luv(sic): cool name, lame attitude

it's always adorable when people who are trash at 64 (you, s2j) start talking about what a bad game it is

@clubba: this place and a few other places that a google search will get for you confirm that the hori was released in 1999. I believe that when I was first looking at ebay hori auctions I saw a description stating that they were first released in january, and since (U) was released in april the hori has a solid 3 months on it.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
So anyone want to split a hotel room and/or hook me up with housing?
i got a couch homie. and a pizza place next door and a bar two doors down from that. the joys of off campus housing.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
every pizza place sells fat sandwiches. and they surpass the trucks' in terms of size and tastiness. not to mention the trucks close at 2am and these places stay open til half past four.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
cobr droppin dat local wisdom on ya clowns

Be warned, fat sandwich overindulgence is a very real thing with very real consequences.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Because it is possible, even though they don't yet exist.

for example, there does exist a gamecube > n64 adapter

and with a little reconfiguration, I'm sure someone could get this working on that adapter

The peripheral is really just a gamecube controller with extra buttons, the adapter already recognizes gamecube controllers. All a person would have to do is reprogram the adapter to recognize those inputs, the player would preconfigure his setup, and there you go. Would be kind of expensive for this particular solution though.

I see no reason why a normal keyboard wouldn't work though, if raphnet or someone were to build an adapter. USB keyboard probably wouldn't work, but a ps2 keyboard should. Would be like building any other adapter.
Nobody is saying it's impossible to build a keyboard -> n64 adapter. They're just saying they don't exist. Be realistic - nobody is going to build one for Apex.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
IDK which thread to post this on but after watching his videos I want nothing more than to see Han Solo commentate at Apex. That guy's the best.

B Link

Smash Lord
The Star Czar said:
Nobody is saying it's impossible to build a keyboard -> n64 adapter. They're just saying they don't exist. Be realistic - nobody is going to build one for Apex.
I'd love to see them @ Apex 2014/2015

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^Don't say it out loud! Dx

that's cool, go **** yourself.
+1 Ciaza

don't let s2j or lovage commentate on this game, bad news.
THIS

or any melee vid for that matter. Dear god...

So anyone want to split a hotel room and/or hook me up with housing?
Me + you. Yes :)

Darth Rancorous maybe going as will. I will need to ask him again. Maybe he will split a hotel with ya if he goes.
DARTH! <3333 fjkdal;ja. I want to sleep with Darth (and Ballin' can join to if he's into that stuff).

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I bought jaime's registration after he gave me paypal equivalent (minus half a FAT *****) cuz of ******** Google wallet from Mexico, no confirmation email yet..ill pm appropriate people about the situation in addition to what jaime messaged w/no reply for 3weeks...dum situation just so they would accept monies...

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
you guys are getting streamed...:D

Top 4 i believe.
HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!11oneone!

Even more hype bc I saw 64 on sat IIRC, so we can see 64 on sat and Melee on sunday :o :D

Who's coming from Mexico?
vvvv
heyyy guys i got some big news i was just talking with boom i thinked all this time that i needed around 1.5k-2k to go to apex he told me that was a lot lol so i consulted the plane tickets from mexico and i saw it at 460 usd so right now theres a big big big big chance to attend to apex 80% i only need to fix the travel problems, im gonna do that this weekend, about the housing can u guys repeat it if thats the case or tell me whats going on with that or some cheap hotels or what??? :D hori mini pad is allowed right cuz theres no point if i cant use it
He came to the "Celayork Fest 3" and all I can say it's that he's mad good. Hope he can make it.

Top Bottom