• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2013 Brawl Top 12 discussion thread ALL ACTIVE PLAYERS HAVE BEEN INCONSISTENT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
There is a Melee top 10 discussion thread. No1 knows about this thread because I am a nobody... and no1 reads threads made by nobodies like me.

:sonic:

zmx

Smash Lord
There is a Melee top 10 discussion thread. No1 knows about this thread because I am a nobody... and no1 reads threads made by nobodies like me.

You should have made this thread in a trollish manner. Something like "MIKENEKO IS WINNING APEX FOR SURE STAY MAD HATERS MARTH FTW".

Then you probably would have gotten a lot more replies. People love arguments and drama. Why do you think the top 5 thread was always so active?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
LOL that thread title change. BELIEVE DEM UNDERDOGS MAN <3

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Considering the competition, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
At this point, ZeRo is as much of an underdog as Ootori used to be before APEX2012.
Ootori didn't won many tournaments during this year, though.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Zero is no longer an underdog. He is up there. but his 1 good turney against a DK n ppl he has access v2 & studies doesn't make me think he is going to win it all. U got Dehf, Anti, Ally, Esam, Mr.R n Japan going b to this. Zero could pull a Vinnie n lose 2 1 of the other talented players going.

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Honestly, I think Mikeneko and Abadango will make top 12 at Apex. I don't think highly of :wario: or :marth:, but I think highly of the Japanese's ability to adapt and overcome adversity. I also think Luigi_Player will do really good at Apex. He's gonna be a slept on player (If he isn't already). I guarantee this. If people think Mr. R can get top 12 with :marth: then I don't think it will be a surprise if LP did very well since he mains a better character (:diddy:).

:018:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Even though I love both Mr-R and Luigi_Player I do not see them get top 12 =/ sorry guys don't kill me next tourney. . .

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Honestly, I think Mikeneko and Abadango will make top 12 at Apex. I don't think highly of :wario: or :marth:, but I think highly of the Japanese's ability to adapt and overcome adversity. I also think Luigi_Player will do really good at Apex. He's gonna be a slept on player (If he isn't already). I guarantee this. If people think Mr. R can get top 12 with :marth: then I don't think it will be a surprise if LP did very well since he mains a better character (:diddy:).

:018:
I'm pretty sure Abadango plays Falco as well, which increases his odds of making top 12 over just playing Wario.

I hope that sentence makes sense it feels as though it is worded awkwardly.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
1. Otori
2. RAIN
3. ESAM
4. 9B
5. Ally
5. M2K
7. ZeRo
7. Vinnie
9. DEHF
9. Anti
9. Nairo
9. Mikeneko

Honestly this is going to be the hardest Apex to try and predict anything. The Japanese are coming in a full force and USA does look somewhat ready for them though I do think Japan will take it again.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Delusional_bro: forgetting the insanely positive record Rain has on Otori.

Placements are bracket dependent. Even when seeded a DE bracket is only accurate to top 4 (top 8 if generous). Additionally the variance within results as well as the counter playstyle issue that exists at the top level make it near impossible to determine the top 4/8 exactly (much less the order). That being said some ppl have more chance than others...

assuming the players listed play well:

Very likely for t4 - Rain, otori, ANTi, Zero, 9B, Ally, Esam
Highly likely for t8 - m2k, nairo, mikeneko, dehf, vinnie
likely for t8 - tyrant, ADHD, kuroobi, abadango

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Well those matches are almost always last hit =O Which means Otori can win it.
I also hope Kakera will get top 4 :O

clowsui

Smash Legend
Last hit doesn't mean anything if that last hit is a read

Forgot kakera he is highly likely. I think mikeneko could be bumped down a likelihood tier too

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Well I just wanted to make clear that Rain isn't an auto lose for Ótori. there are like 8 people who can win from everyone. Doesn't mean they win from everyone but they can.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Look at Rain's track record in the US Chi, its pretty bad. My basing of placement is completely ruling in Rain's ability to do well in the US. I do believe RAIN can beat Otori, I watch a lot of Japanese videos, but since I sadly think Rain will end up in losers before playing Otori I don't think Rain could take 2 sets back to back from Otori.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yo I didn't know losing to ally and lee (2010), Larry and esam (2012) were bad losses

Gen2 was his only awful tourney in the US

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

Placements are bracket dependent. Even when seeded a DE bracket is only accurate to top 4 (top 8 if generous). Additionally the variance within results as well as the counter playstyle issue that exists at the top level make it near impossible to determine the top 4/8 exactly (much less the order). That being said some ppl have more chance than others...

assuming the players listed play well:

Very likely for t4 - Rain, otori, ANTi, Zero, 9B, Ally, Esam
Highly likely for t8 - m2k, nairo, mikeneko, dehf, vinnie
likely for t8 - tyrant, ADHD, kuroobi, abadango

I don't think Anti is very likely for top 4. I do personally think he's smart enough but I never really see it reflected in his performance :\
He also isn't that good at the MK ditto. I think he's even (or slightly negative) with Nairo and losing record to M2K and Ally? Given those things I think it's likely that he'd lose to Rain, Otori, Zero (didn't get to see Uprise 11 yesterday lol but the bracket shows that he lost) and Kakera (is he coming?) at the ditto.
He's also (apparently) has a bad record against ICs so that makes ESAM, Vinnie and 9B more likely to knock him out as well.

Nairo and Anti should probably be switched on your list lol. Nairo was one of the two Americans to make top 4 last year after all.

clowsui

Smash Legend
he lost to zero because he psyched himself out lol

V i could switch anti and nairo. i just think nairo's style is braindead and makes him more susceptible to variance, but that's just bias. going by results anti should be in highly likely and nairo should be in extremely likely t4

as for anti and the ditto...he does some really weird unsafe things LOL but it works for him because MK ditto is sometimes more about mind**** than anything. if there is one thing about the japanese that not many people have exploited is that they play very methodologically.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Anti is my mans, he'll top 4. Not sure what V115 is saying about him tho, he's beaten M2K and Nairo in MK dittos this year, not to mention he beat Nairo with Snake this year too as well as Vinnie so I feel his MK/IC MU is fine now.

:017:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
well there are 8 MK's that could all possibly take top 4. Let's Hop ESAM,9B,Mikeneko and others can at least not let this be and complete MK top 8.

Tesh

Smash Hero
im skeptical about a bracket that could allow MK dominating that hard. Each with their own weaknesses to obscure matchups or not so obscure matchups, i don't know if they will all wind up perfectly seeded after 2 rounds of pools. They are bound to eliminate each other because of this imo. Just saying if a couple of top MKs wind up 2nd seed in 2nd round pools you already have a bigger chance of top contenders in LB early.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
yeah top 8 of mk's isn't really likely but (Otori,Rain,Kakera,Nairo,M2K,Antio,Zero and Ally) could all possibly get top 6. Some have more change then others but all of them CAN do it.

Tesh

Smash Hero
nah, some wild card will catch a couple of them by surprise and make top 4 and we will all go "see mk not that broken he make only 90% of the money"

and no, it wont be a marth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom