• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Aperture Science: Yoshi Testing/Research/Discovery (Test chamber 2 complete)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, that sounds easy enough. I already know it works on Ike with a ledge-grab (because I've mentioned so many times around here lol), so I'll skip him.

I'm not sure how I can go about testing this by myself, though. Next time I go to a Smashfest I'll try it out with someone else controlling the other character.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
You get 2 controllers, Double jump near the ledge with enemy controller, switch to yoshi and do a dash grab, Switch back to the other one and try to recover. if they can't recover then they can't if they can land on stage then they can. If they can grab the ledge then write down that character and test it when you get to a smash fest.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I'll try my best. Seems to be a bit difficult operating two controllers at once, though. >.>

Airborne

Smash Lord
You don't necessarily have to dash grab; learn to time the standing grab so that the character will double jump into it on the ledge.

All you have to do is set grab on the yoshi's controller to like A or something and then merely tap it when you need Yoshi to start his grab.

Naucitos

Smash Journeyman
If you double jump after the footstool, you can hit nair on grounded charizard and most likely others as well
EDIT: also, if you're trying to spend time doing research, testing stuff on frame by frame won't be affected by a laggy tv and you can do both controllers easily :p
edit2: also seems to work on squirtle, even tired, so i think with the dj it works on everyone

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
There has been a slight update. It just dawned on me that most of your johns for not testing are actually invalid. So we will begin testing with haste. Test Chamber 1 should be done by Saturday. After which we will hop right into Chamber 2.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
Chamber 1 is stage stuff right? Slush showed me how to go beneath BF, SV and FD, although FD is difficult to reach the other ledge.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Chamber 1 is stage stuff right? Slush showed me how to go beneath BF, SV and FD, although FD is difficult to reach the other ledge.
Knew about that already. Don't worry about Chamber 1 lol. I gave the stuff to Delta and FireFly. You'll see what it is when they're done. Its nothing big.

Or is it

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
By using yoshis 2nd jump after footstooling someone yoshi can nair or u-air a lot more people
ex: he can nair marth in the air by using his 2nd jump then doing nair right after and he can u-air him when he is on the ground by doing the same thing.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
By using yoshis 2nd jump after footstooling someone yoshi can nair or u-air a lot more people
ex: he can nair marth in the air by using his 2nd jump then nairing him and he can u-air him when he is on the ground by doing the same thing.
Someone said it about Nair already but Uair? Who did you get a Uair on?

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can probably help out with this stuff either next week or the week after.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
K. Aside from work and tournaments, I literally have nothing going on. As soon as summer starts.

smokey da bear

Smash Apprentice
i made the replays but having trouble getting anything i post recorded but i think scatz is gonna help me with that. Also, i will post what all yoshi can do with footstool later this week

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I got a PM about this, but I haven't opened it yet, Im scared.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I got a PM about this, but I haven't opened it yet, Im scared.
And gashi Ruins the secret Chell effect. Good job. :< And you better open it, i kinda want it done by Thursday.

AND ANY OTHER POSSIBLE CHELL WHO MAY HAVE GOTTEN A LETTER DONT TELL THE OTHERS <3 im trying to keep who you're working with (if anyone at all) secret unless its a really big project

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Is that Upsmash stuff who you can hit while they're on a platform and you're underneath?

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Test Chamber 2 is completed. Now i have some other things to test but I am curious does anyone else have something that they want tested? Anything that feel might be useful or was never finished? I'm open to suggestions. For a while.

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
So characters who can tech the platform slip are not jab lockable? And the nair, it has to be the ending of the hitbox or the beginning stronger nair hitbox?

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
So characters who can tech the platform slip are not jab lockable? And the nair, it has to be the ending of the hitbox or the beginning stronger nair hitbox?
Everyone's Jablockable. If they tech they avoid it though. So i only had the characters who couldn't tech it tested for now since we have a definite set up on them. I said at the end that I'll get to the rest later. And yes the beginning is the strongest.

This is what happens, they're shielding, you upsmash their shield, they slip off. On their landing you Shorthop nair doing the nair as early as possible. It Jablocks them and they couldn't avoid it. Then follow up with an Fsmash or w/e

F-Tier Player

Smash Ace
I understood the process of starting the jab lock, I just needed to clarify how the timing for the nair worked. Thanks

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Im willing to participate in Test Chamber 3, but try not to give me anything that requires hacks atm cuz i cant find my sd card and im too lazy to go get another... Ill tell you if I find it, I think just left it at a friends place.

Top Bottom