• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anything to do with Peach by myself?

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
I have been playing with a few friends often, and I keep feeling that my peach isn't getting any better at all... is there anything I can work on at home instead of waiting for the next time? I don't see what I can do with Peach other than do float-canceled nairs all day... :(

I keep losing.

Composeur

Smash Ace
I'm curious to know what people will post here, too. I'm stuck in the same situation. Do you have WDing/nair out of shield down? Those are what I've been working on...

Hypn0tic_Specter

Smash Rookie
Lately I've found myself working on CGs and combos on fastfallers. Of course, everyone in Wilmington but me plays them so I suppose I'm more motivated to try to beat those characters. Nair OoS is also a great thing to practice, it's a lot harder than it looks. D:

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious to know what people will post here, too. I'm stuck in the same situation. Do you have WDing/nair out of shield down? Those are what I've been working on...
What is so hard about nair oos? Is it float than nair oos? or jump nair oos?
What are the uses of WDing oos when your WD is so short? thanks for the help.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
Work on turnip set ups?
I know what you're talking about though. I've been playing Peach for about a month now and I'm just now picking up how to space aerials on their shields and all the situational kind of stuff.
Not much you can do on your own. Just make the most of your time you play against friends, I guess

Composeur

Smash Ace
What is so hard about nair oos? Is it float than nair oos? or jump nair oos?
What are the uses of WDing oos when your WD is so short? thanks for the help.
Whenever I try to short-hop nair OoS I always do a full jump--that's what's hard about it (for me). At the moment I just do a FC nair instead, but I'd like to be able to do the s-hop one should I choose. The buttons are just awkwardly placed. And I'm not experienced enough to list the situations that WD OoS is useful in, but VanityAngel has told me that it's extremely useful and I've noticed Armada uses it, too.

Come on, there must be SOMETHING we can practice. Level 3 cpu fox DIs upthrows, so you can practice chaingrabbing on foxes, at least...

ShootingStars

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I try to short-hop nair OoS I always do a full jump--that's what's hard about it (for me). At the moment I just do a FC nair instead, but I'd like to be able to do the s-hop one should I choose. The buttons are just awkwardly placed. And I'm not experienced enough to list the situations that WD OoS is useful in, but VanityAngel has told me that it's extremely useful and I've noticed Armada uses it, too.

Come on, there must be SOMETHING we can practice. Level 3 cpu fox DIs upthrows, so you can practice chaingrabbing on foxes, at least...

ohh thanks for the help! :):)

aka.carpet003

Smash Cadet
i used to be in this situation too. what i did to practice was go aginst level five computers and did a lot of ground floating practice. just getting used to using her aerials while you're floating is the main thing. lots of nair, fairs and bairs are recommended. bair can be used to spacing to avoid attcks like Marth's forwards smash, then you can float back in and either float cancel a down smash or use your aerials.

turnips are fun! grab one and throw it at them when you want to. if they shield, dodge or catch the turnip, just dash attack them and keep attacking them. don't ever let up. i find the best results happen when they catch the turnip because it restricts their attcks because all they can do is throw the turnip. if you find a stich face, you should use your ground floated aerials to attack and throw the turnip when they least expect it. :D

hope i helped :D

kirbstir

Smash Lord
"Anything to do with Peach by myself?"

Unintentionally inappropriate? Count it

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
Something fun to practice that will help with saving your second jump and controlling your float is to wd off of a ledge and immediately be in a float.

Begin by wding off of the ledges on pkmon stadium or ys (dreamland works, too of course, but they're too tall for my taste)

then while holding x, press down. To see if you did it correctly, try to double jump out of your float.

When you get good at this try fair immediately after this and dropping at the same time.

As a final test, try doing this off of the edge and immediately edge guarding a cpu or something. It's really dangerous, but can be rewarding.

Also practice basics:

chain grabbing fox, falco, and falcon on fd. Discover the correct percents to begin the cg.

quick fc nair's and bairs out of shield

double jump canceling out of shield ( don't do an attack, just double jump)

That's all i can think of right now. Also watch videos of pros playing against characters that give you difficulty. A vid is worth 1000 posts.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
why would you want to djc out of shield? Also how applicable is djc for peach in general?
You would do it for the same reason that you wavedash out of shield, that is to get out of your shield quickly after blocking an opponents attack. You do bring up a good point though. You should probably learn to wavedash out of shield before you try to double jump cancel ( or land or whatever) out of shield. The benefits of dj landing out of shield are that it's a bit faster fame wise than wavedashing out of shield and .... well I think that's all. On the down side, it's a bit harder to djl out of shield, so while they are definitely both important and djl is better in the long run, you should learn to wavedash out of shield first.

TheGeneral

Smash Journeyman
So then how do you punish blocked tipper f-smashes from marth? I thought the easiest thing to do is w-dash out of shield then float cancel nair or full hop nair.

Top Bottom