• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone like Smashville?

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
Smashville is becoming one of my favorite stages. It's just like Final Destination with an additional moving platform that can either help you recover or hurt you by letting opponents recover. It all depends on the side of the stage it floats to. The only thing I hate about this stage is the music.

Also, when does the dog come out and play on the banjo? Do you have to do something, does he come ot after a long period of time, or does he come out and I just don't notice the dog because I'm too into the battle?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Smashville is becoming one of my favorite stages. It's just like Final Destination with an additional moving platform that can either help you recover or hurt you by letting opponents recover. It all depends on the side of the stage it floats to. The only thing I hate about this stage is the music.

Also, when does the dog come out and play on the banjo? Do you have to do something, does he come ot after a long period of time, or does he come out and I just don't notice the dog because I'm too into the battle?
I love Smashville. Ever since I got Animal Crossing, I've been a huge fan of the series, and was rather hoping for a rep in Brawl (I don't care what Sakurai said, Olimar has no more moveset potential than the Animal Crosser). Once I got the game, I sort of forgot about Smashville. Eventually, I saw it on the Stage Selection screen and remembered it, and ever since have been playing on it a lot. My favorite part of it is actually the music and the background. The stage layout is nice as well. (I guess the music is an acquired taste from playing the games, maybe?)

K.K. Slider (the dog) comes out and plays Saturdays, 8PM-11:59PM. If you notice, there are some songs that will only play while he's there.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I love Smashville. Ever since I got Animal Crossing, I've been a huge fan of the series, and was rather hoping for a rep in Brawl (I don't care what Sakurai said, Olimar has no more moveset potential than the Animal Crosser). Once I got the game, I sort of forgot about Smashville. Eventually, I saw it on the Stage Selection screen and remembered it, and ever since have been playing on it a lot. My favorite part of it is actually the music and the background. The stage layout is nice as well. (I guess the music is an acquired taste from playing the games, maybe?)

K.K. Slider (the dog) comes out and plays Saturdays, 8PM-11:59PM. If you notice, there are some songs that will only play while he's there.
Nice. I would have never guessed that about K.K. Slider (glad to know his name). Every Saturday since November I've worked from 3:30 P.M. till 1:00 in the morning. No wonder I've never seen K.K. Slider.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Smashville is my favorite stage by far even though I've never played an Animal Crossing game. I think the music is ok. They played the 2am song right when my match started at 2am. Coincidence?

Also, sweet info Xtreme, I'll be looking for him Saturday night now.

Skoox

Smash Cadet
Never knew the time frame of k.k.

Regardless, Smashville is my favorite stage ever. Not because I said so. Because of Tom Nook's song.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nice. I would have never guessed that about K.K. Slider (glad to know his name). Every Saturday since November I've worked from 3:30 P.M. till 1:00 in the morning. No wonder I've never seen K.K. Slider.
Wow, those are some rough work hours. If you want to see K.K. Slider, you can change the date on the calendar (on the Wii Menu) a day ahead/behind so you can still see him regularly, just not on the traditional day. Either that or get different work hours, somehow. :laugh:

Heh, note to Animal Crossing fans...I just noticed you can circumvent the time system in Brawl just like you can in the Animal Crossing games.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Smashville is great! As many people said it's Final Destination with a floating platform. I love the music, it's pleasant. In addition, the map is pleasing to look at, it's not over the top flashy like some maps. I actually HATE some maps because I lose track of my character easily in the commotion of the background and die. New Pork City on a 20-30 inch tv anyone?

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
^^^^
That's the reason I hate New Pork City. Porky's Theme is probably one of my favorite songs in the game, but geez, what were they thinking. My TV is 27inch and it is so hard to see when the map gets zoomed out.

tisthemorning

Smash Rookie
As said before, Smashville is a more pleasant version of FD. More pleasant music, more pleasant colors, a more pleasant name.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Smashville is awesome along with it's music! Honestly i thought at first the stage was going to suck but i was way wrong it's one of my favorite in the game

XxElwoodxX

Smash Rookie
If you want a more faster paced song to listen to while playing in Smashville there is always Go K.K. Slider song, at least that what i think its called.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
From a tactical aspect, I enjoy Smashville because it doesn't own your recovery if you're coming from below, plus it's more lenient with the floating platform. Also, the platform can be autolanded, and some characters can circumvent the main platform by going under it. What I love especially is when using Snake, I plant C4's on the platform and throw the enemy towards it and detonate. The explosion is chest/head level for opponents on the ground and sure to hit enemies standing on the platform. It's a great stage.

orintemple

Smash Lord
EVERYONE loves Smashville.
Those who do not are heretics.

-Nox`
Yea more or less.

Smashville is the best stage in the game hands down. Not only is it totally neutral and perfect, but it is adorable, has a reacting audience, changing settings, fun music, and is adorable.

jsjolin260

Smash Rookie
I agree that Smashville is a nice stage, (I especially like playing on it at night--looks so much better). But it's quality makes me want more. It would haev been cool if there could have incorporated the Weather Channel, or at least changed things depending on the season.

What was nice about Animal Crossing was it's year round changing. The stage is very simple with nothing really going on.

It is a fun, simple stage, I just wish they could have added just one or two extra things to make it great.

aruby14

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Smashville is probably the best stage well at least my favorite plus i love the KK slider concerts every Saturday:laugh:

Medic

Smash Cadet
I enjoy the stage thoroughly...EXCEPT for the rather ugly girl that grins when I get smacked. Anyone else familiar with the rather disturbing little girl with the red hair that's seperated?
I actually stopped fighting one match for a few seconds and stared at the girl, thinking 'could anyone BE that ugly?'
>.< Sorry if that sounds mean, but it is just one of those things that just kinda freaks me out a little. I wish they made the people in the background the Miis on the system. That woulda been neato.
Playing-wise, the place is a wonderfully neutral place that has an array of strategies while remaining completely neutral. It feels better than FD, as there aren't the random level-preventing-recovery times.

Warrior21

Smash Rookie
It adds many options to game play. That extra platform can be great for recovery or even end up being the ring for a good old fight to the death. Looking foward to playing in that level more from now on.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I enjoy the stage thoroughly...EXCEPT for the rather ugly girl that grins when I get smacked. Anyone else familiar with the rather disturbing little girl with the red hair that's seperated?
I actually stopped fighting one match for a few seconds and stared at the girl, thinking 'could anyone BE that ugly?'
>.< Sorry if that sounds mean, but it is just one of those things that just kinda freaks me out a little. I wish they made the people in the background the Miis on the system. That woulda been neato.
Playing-wise, the place is a wonderfully neutral place that has an array of strategies while remaining completely neutral. It feels better than FD, as there aren't the random level-preventing-recovery times.
Erm...those people in the background are those people for a reason. They're from Animal Crossing, which is what the stage is based on. If they make a Wii stage, then that would be one thing, but otherwise, Animal Crossing characters should remain as those that have been in there since the beginning. I will be extremely upset if they replace the Animal Crossing character with Miis in the game for Wii. That is, if it ever comes out...:ohwell:

I'm not trying to insult you or be mean, just in case it comes off that way, I'm just trying to inform you.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
As a Toon Link player, I love this stage. As a competitive Brawler, I love this stage. The floating platform is great for recovering or escaping a nasty Fsmash from Wolf, or running so I can pull a bomb in peace. The stage itself doesn't hinder my recovery like Final Destination does, an it's so small that it's way to difficult to camp effectively. I love it, though I really wish that I could take the awesomeness of the songs of Halberd and transfer some of it. Honestly, did they really need Meta Knight's Revenge AND O2 battle on one map?

-Knux-

Smash Ace
As a Toon Link player, I love this stage. As a competitive Brawler, I love this stage. The floating platform is great for recovering or escaping a nasty Fsmash from Wolf, or running so I can pull a bomb in peace. The stage itself doesn't hinder my recovery like Final Destination does, an it's so small that it's way to difficult to camp effectively. I love it, though I really wish that I could take the awesomeness of the songs of Halberd and transfer some of it. Honestly, did they really need Meta Knight's Revenge AND O2 battle on one map?
I agree wholeheartedly. The songs from the Kirby series are TOO good. Too bad you can't somehow allow two songs from a different stage onto one you prefer. I'd move Checker Knights and Boss Battle Theme (Kirby) to Smashville.

Smashville is totally neutral, yet has its own feel to it. I love everything about it. Not a more perfect stage could've been made.

Rash

Smash Ace
I love Smashville. One of my favorite stages, easily. It's fully neutral, has a nice moving platform to mix things up, and the music is enjoyable to me. It's a nice changeup.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I love Smashville.
Smashville is my favorite stage by far.
Smashville is my favorite stage ever.
Smashville is great!
smashville is my favorite stage.
Smashville is awesome
It's a great stage.
Smashville is the best stage in the game hands down.
Smashville is a nice stage.
Smashville rocks.
I love this stage.
I love this stage.
I love it
I love Smashville.
EVERYONE loves Smashville.
Quoted for truth.

neo_sporin

Smash Cadet
Saturday night...

Is it bad I just invited my female friend to a KK slider concert tomorrow night....shes so unsuspecting of the nerdiness this concert entails

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Is it bad I just invited my female friend to a KK slider concert tomorrow night....shes so unsuspecting of the nerdiness this concert entails
You are so not getting laid that night. ;)

This stage has the best music AND its a great stage to fight on. Quite possibly my favorite stage in the game.

McBadass

Smash Rookie
Smashville's my favorite stage in the game. It's fun, like final d but better, and the hilarious music reminds me of all the good times playin animal crossin. It's the perfect 1v1 and free for all stage. I'm glad many others appreciate this rockin stage. Also, KK comes out on Saturdays at night which is true to the animal crossing series.

Top Bottom