• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else loathe FD now?

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
1. It's smaller.
2. The ledges, oh God, the ledges. If I had a nickel for every time those demonic ledges gimped my recovery as Snake (or some other character, but usually Snake)...
3. Everyone and their mom picks it in With Anyone. Most WA matches are 4-player FFA's. Combine this with 1, and...

Ørion

Smash Ace
Lol yes, that lip makes me want to chuck my controller out the window. Unfortunately, it will stay neutral, oh well. IMO, smashville and battlefield are the fairest and best stages.

BlueBlood

Smash Rookie
Sad thing is those ledges are what usually end up pwnin me. Besides that i dont mind it and my teammate makes good use of the bottom undersides of FD with lucario by sticking to the walls

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
FD is terrible. Yet somehow, 80% of my online matches end up there even though everybody complains about how bad it is.

Alphabravo

Smash Ace
I, personally, hate the new FD. The lips on both sides gimp recoveries too much. Also, people always counterpick that stage against me in tournaments and camp. None of the characters I play in Brawl have projectiles.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I'm tired of that background and all of that blue. I don't hate the level, but I hate that people think it's the only "fair" level.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm tired of that background and all of that blue. I don't hate the level, but I hate that people think it's the only "fair" level.
The background is great, although you don't pay much attention to it while fighting. It's definitely better than Melee's.

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
The new backgrounds great, and I used to enjoy the new FD theme but i've heard it too much.
Considering how campy this game is already and FD's lack of platforms to avoid spam I've come to hate this stage, not to mention the countless stage gimps. I'm still confused as to why this stage is considered THE neutral go-to stage.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
I'm still confused as to why this stage is considered THE neutral go-to stage.
because it's flat and has nothing above it.

but yes, i do dislike the new fd, but only when i use a character with a difficult recovery (wolf, zelda....) that lip gets me about 5% of the time, it got to the point where i just practiced on it doing recoveries....

but seriously, it's not bad, it's just that the old one was awesome. Battlefield was always more balanced imo in melee, and now i find that battlefield and smashville are more balanced because of the 45 degree edges.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
I still love FD. The lip doesn't really kill me that much, but I use Sonic and the spring isn't very gimped by it.

GetSmashedWithTheBros

Smash Apprentice
yeah, the lip is lame, but there were alot of ways to abuse it in Melee, so it sorta needed to be changed

i think it's the best level in the game, though, no obstacles, no giant cannonballs that blow you up out of nowhere, no giant fish that eat you out of nowhere, no giant pokemon that drop a laser on you out of nowhere, no giant claws that stab you out of nowhere, no giant retro donkey kongs that throw springs at you out of nowhere, no giant waves of lava that melt you out of nowhere, no giant evil monster chomping things that spawn out of nowhere and bite you out of nowhere, no giant 2D people that cause unnecessarily large amounts of pain to you out of nowhere, edges you can grab *cough*summit*cough*, edges in general *cough*hanenbow*cough*... the list goes on....

Talek

Smash Cadet
I also hate the new FD because of that ******** lip. If Final D had a KO count it would be higher than anyone else on the list >_<

Doval

Smash Lord
If Final D had a KO count it would be higher than anyone else on the list >_<
Hah. That's a good one. You're thinking of Frigate Orpheon, Port Town Aero Dive, and Spear Pillar.

Sweetical

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's that bad, but then again, the ledges only got me a couple times. (s'all about the timing) and flat stages are just kind of the stages i Like.

I agreet that it is frustrating at times, but I still kind of like it... fits my style

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Battlefield is better in every way. And the new FD is bigger, it just looks smaller cause of the shape.
so true. battlefield rules now.
now i just have to get my friends to stop choosing FD because its the "most neutral" stage in the game. not.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
I loved Final Destination in Melee, but it's so much become the go-to stage on WiFi that I'm just sick and fricking tired of it. It's like they need to play the stage to win.

iTz_HaVoC

Smash Cadet
I don't think that i loathe it. After not playing for two months or so and picking up brawl for the first couple of weeks FD was fun. But then, it starting to get overplayed for me. i'm sticking with Smashville and Delfino for a while.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
I like it... Yes I've been gimped by the stage before, but it's still better than a majority of Brawl's maps. You just have to get better at recovering in general to best the lips, it's possible...

I do agree that Battlefield and Smashville are equally great maps. In addition, I do agree that Smashville is a good substitute for FD, as not only is the single platform nice, but the stage also lacks the ever-so-terrifying lips.

In the end though, despite the fact that people claim Brawl to be campy, I have no problem in playing FD. To be honest, I think people are just looking at something to whine about, because it's really not a big deal. The offensive player can still be successful, but in a different fashion than Melee. My point is, if Brawl is so campy, than why is it that my Marth can typically beat my friend's Toon Link /Pit on FD?

FD is still one of my favorite maps.... hands down. To me, it's a true testimony of skill, with equal footing only better strategy and skill will prevail.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Agree <9000%. As olimar and falcon i seem to think people with long range attacks are destroying my arial game because itsa so FLAT
First off, lame reference to a meme.

On topic, I have no problem with Final Destination, but that's just me. I mainly do play on Final Destination, Bridge of Eldin, and Battlefield. The lip is annoying yeah but you have to get used to it. From what people have been saying Smashville is a good stage but I can't think of what it is off the top of my head..

People say that Final Destination is anything but equal. Well, what stage IS equal? The answer is there are no equal stages. Every character has some kind of advantage on a certain stage. On Final Destination, characters with projectiles have an advantage.

I'm not trying to make anybody mad, I'm just trying to make a point.

AlexX

Smash Ace
I've personally never liked final destination. Both because I find it boring (there's not even much color variety, and while the background does change, ones like Smashville are much more vibrant and lively) and because people seem to think it's the most neutral stage in the game when it's not. I tend to prefer Battlefield and Smashville better for times where I want to play on a "neutral" stage.

Micahc

Smash Ace
The only things that bother me are the dull design of the stage and the fricking lip.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
Whenever I play on Melee's FD, I feel at harmony, especially when I think about how this or that would've gimped me.

I hate the Brawl FD, for basically all the reasons OP said, except instead of WA, all people I play Brawl online with pick it. Super annoying.

Infact, though I really don't like it, I prefer Lylat Cruise.

Wulf543

Smash Rookie
Yeah, it's too cliched, and Ness seems to be attracted by the corners that kill me. I much rather play on Pirate Ship.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't really care about that stage's appearance. I can still have fun on there. Just need to remember to not end up below the ledges.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
In my opinion, Lylat cruise is far for aggravating and problematic. I mean, the stage shifts randomly, and constantly. Not only does this hinder the use of some projectiles from time to time, which I suppose can be a good thing, but due to the movement of the ship, the ever-so0important edges move with it. I've DIED so many times by attempting to recover and getting forced under the ship. Falco is one of my mains, as such, I use the Illusion for recovery, and I'm good at aiming it. It's just, sometimes the ship moves in the midst of my aiming and I don't sweetspot the edge. Super annoying.

P.S. I still love FD

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
Bleh. FD. It looks pretty, the bg, but other than that, it's boring, plus the lip is kind of annoying, like what everyone here is saying.

So I just made my own version of FD in Stage Builder. Why can't people do that? :confused:

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
In my opinion, Lylat cruise is far for aggravating and problematic. I mean, the stage shifts randomly, and constantly. Not only does this hinder the use of some projectiles from time to time, which I suppose can be a good thing, but due to the movement of the ship, the ever-so0important edges move with it. I've DIED so many times by attempting to recover and getting forced under the ship. Falco is one of my mains, as such, I use the Illusion for recovery, and I'm good at aiming it. It's just, sometimes the ship moves in the midst of my aiming and I don't sweetspot the edge. Super annoying.

P.S. I still love FD
Shifting? Movement?
When is this?
Do you mean rainbow cruise?

OmegaSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
FD isn't that bad. I've gotten used to the lip. I don't really care about the atmosphere of the stage. If it's way too good, I get distracted and then get owned. As long as a stage is neutral, it's good. But I liked the Melee FD more anyway.

Lucario2k8

Smash Cadet
somewhere far away think its called hyrule
every....single.......match, its really annoying considering that there is a lot of other fun and fair stages like smashville that barely get picked, my friend said that he picks it because its the stage that make smash bros similar to other fighting games, as in other games there isnt stage hazards and the like........i smacked him and told him to get out and play some other fighting games, and then try to come back and tell me the same thing......................im still waiting.

ne_Ziggy

Smash Cadet
every....single.......match, its really annoying considering that there is a lot of other fun and fair stages like smashville that barely get picked, my friend said that he picks it because its the stage that make smash bros similar to other fighting games, as in other games there isnt stage hazards and the like........i smacked him and told him to get out and play some other fighting games, and then try to come back and tell me the same thing......................im still waiting.
Fighting games without hazards? Soul Calibur II/III (besides being knocked off the stage, but I guess that counts as a hazard)... well what about Street Fighter?

Azuro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
THTB614
I don't really like FD. Battlefield all-around feels more equal, as does Smashville (Speaking of which, I absolutely LOVE the Wild World theme... >_> I have no clue why). The size of FD just suits campers a little bit more.

Top Bottom