• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else loathe FD now?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Bleh. FD. It looks pretty, the bg, but other than that, it's boring, plus the lip is kind of annoying, like what everyone here is saying.

So I just made my own version of FD in Stage Builder. Why can't people do that? :confused:
It isn't usable online. The lip is the only bad part of this version of the stage.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Shifting? Movement?
When is this?
Do you mean rainbow cruise?
Have you not played on Lylat Cruise???

The ship tilts constantly throughout the match, sometimes it isn't even too noticeable. It's obvious when you are a character like Falco, Fox, Wolf, or any other character with a straight-away projectile. Sometimes you can't shoot at the enemy because you'll instead hit the level because the stage slants...

Don't play dumb.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Have you not played on Lylat Cruise???

The ship tilts constantly throughout the match, sometimes it isn't even too noticeable. It's obvious when you are a character like Falco, Fox, Wolf, or any other character with a straight-away projectile. Sometimes you can't shoot at the enemy because you'll instead hit the level because the stage slants...

Don't play dumb.
That benefits us MK players. :D

Dexter Morgan

Smash Apprentice
I prefer the new FD over the old one because the background and soundtrack is just too awesome to resist. I mean it transitions from a morning horizon to a star-filled background. It's just too good. Unlike the old FD where it seemed you were going up and down an elevator chute.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
I never liked FD. Not in Melee, not in Brawl.

Simply because the person who I played the most was a Dr. Mario user........ and he always picked FD. Seriously, those pills are so hard to deal with on FD. :"{

iron blade

Smash Ace
I hate the edges. They kill you almost as much as your opponents. I like playing on the Battlefield and Smashville much more.

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
I love Final Destination. Music, background, etc. I never really had a problem with the lips.

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, Lylat cruise is far for aggravating and problematic. I mean, the stage shifts randomly, and constantly. Not only does this hinder the use of some projectiles from time to time, which I suppose can be a good thing, but due to the movement of the ship, the ever-so0important edges move with it. I've DIED so many times by attempting to recover and getting forced under the ship. Falco is one of my mains, as such, I use the Illusion for recovery, and I'm good at aiming it. It's just, sometimes the ship moves in the midst of my aiming and I don't sweetspot the edge. Super annoying.

P.S. I still love FD
I just hate all of the motion and the special effects on the map. It can be distracting at times.

TVTMaster

Smash Apprentice
Meh. Making a stage builder FD rocks, but I guess on Wifi it doesn't work out. Lylat Cruise is also pretty easy to fix with the SB. The lips suck, yeah, but it's nothing compared to the "hazards" on other stages. I like smashville, but instinct tends to kick in and I just HAVE TO POP THAT BALLOOOOOOOON!

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
I really couldn't care less if it's unfair or fair, or if the edges suck. My only consern is that it's just about the only one my stupid friend wants to play on!

Jamnt0ast

Smash Journeyman
Mby i am the only sane person here, but Final Destination is in my top 3 favorite stages in brawl. the other 2 being Smashville and Frigate Orpheon.

Kirby-oh

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind because Oli tethers. :p I play as other guys though, so the lip is annoying.

CervPurp63

Smash Apprentice
Final Destination becomes a completely broken stage when you're fighting someone that spams projectiles. If I'm in a tournament with stage bans, I always ban Final Destination. My best characters are Ganondorf and Metaknight (I know, two complete extremes on the tier list). Not having a projectile and Ganondorf's lack of momentum gives me a rediculous disadvantage on FD. It's not like Melee where you could dashdance your way around a spammer. Final Destination provides no platforms or ANYTHING to help you vary your approach. Lucario+FD=Win. Pit+FD= Win. Ganon+FD+Lucario/Pit=The biggest amount of ***** *** spamming ever!

aromaticguilt

Smash Rookie
I play with Wolf, and have practiced on FD too many times to count, because it is the old Melee staple. But just like everything else, once you get used to the changes, it's not that bad. Smashville is definately better imo, but I also love Frigate Orpheon. I HATE Battlefield. But I also don't practice on it much. But I think FD is fine. Yoshi's Island though, is not as scary for a Wolf player.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
FD is overused, the lips can be annoying, but there are far worse stages. (Hannenbow, Spear Pillar, New Pork City) 75m and Mario Bros. are pretty bad also, but I like them nostalgically.

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I've always loathed FD. In Melee and in Brawl. It's the most pointless stage ever. Forget tournament legal, Final Destination is so boring! It's just a flat expanse. That's no fun at all! I don't get how people can like it.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I hate the new final destination so much. That lip kills me all the time and often makes me lose matches

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
I never thought I'd say such a thing about FD seeing as it was my all time favorite Melee stage, but Dam.... I hate FD now.
The stage graphics for the background and everything are still very nice, but like alot of people here have already mentioned, i've just been screwed over so many times in my recovery by the little lip on FD's edges... Unless im playing Pit or something.

-and yes. Too many people pick that stage in FFA 4-players on Wi-fi with anyone.
It's starting to get annoying.

No longer is FD the godly stage it once was in Melee.
I'd take Smashville or Battlefield over it anyday.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Maybe if people stop trying to hug the wall when they recovered like they could in Melee, that so called lip won't be so bothersome. >_>

-Frozen-

Smash Cadet
Maybe if people stop trying to hug the wall when they recovered like they could in Melee, that so called lip won't be so bothersome. >_>
Sometimes it can be hard if you fall slightly under the lip, especially if youre using a character that has a sub-par or pretty much completely vertical recovery.

Edit: Also, you almost have a 1337 amount of posts. :laugh:

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
I don't find Final Destination to be that bad. The lips make it so you need good timing, which means that you actually need some skill.

blazefox

Smash Journeyman
I loved FD in melee. Easy to waveshine people across lol. But seriously, in Brawl the music got old, quick. I wish I could put a good song like Space Armada, or hell, play music off of the wii's harddrive like an Xbox 360....

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
I hate FD, and the people that think it is the most balanced stage. Ever face a Falco on FD? One of my mains is Bowser, I already have a hard enough time approaching Falco on Smashville, and that has platforms, try doing it on a stage where his projectiles go across the entire level.

And don't even get me started on the lip....

Felis

Smash Cadet
I main Pit so I like FD. Its not like i am gonna get stuck in the gay corner hahaha.

Top Bottom