• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anybody switch to zelda for the kill?

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
depends on my oppenent. Not only for Kills

Olimar for example -> Zelda is deadly...

Or Sonic the same.

When i realize i cant kill my oppent then i switch ^^

Sometimes i stay Zelda (Because i'm not bad with her).

90% Sheik - 10% Zelda (I think...)

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
1. Depends on the character.
2. Depends on my mood.

I main Zelda and Sheik equally.

If you're having trouble KOing with Sheik, perhaps you're just not approaching it right.

Common ways to KO with sheik are as follows. This is of course not all the possible methods, but generally the most used/easy.

1. f-tilt (lock) to U-smash.
2. D-smash at ledge.
3. SH strong F-air/B-air/N-air
4. Vanish, or vanish glide. (Try timing it on a falling opponent).
5. U-air sweetspot (high percentages needed)
6. Edge-guarding.

imo, aim from the very beginning of the match to pressure your opponent off the edge by whatever means necessary. You'll notice almost all of Sheik's moves create horizontal trajectory. Use this to your advantage. Practice edgeguarding using things like:

FF-fair
Timed tether to edgehog.
Vanish glides on certain opponents. (NEVER Vanish glide an opponent with tether. Well, just hold upwards towards the stage as not to get edgehogged in worst case scenarios.)
Needlestorm.
Chain (input commands for a chainlock and you can edgeguard quite in the most lolable fashion).

I'm not saying it's wrong to switch to Zelda or anything. Personally I find it morally unjust to change use her just for a KO and then switch back, but all I'm saying is it's good to know how to KO with Sheik as if she was the only character. No one's ever gonna get pro unless they work on their weaknesses.

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i usually just stick with Sheik, would probably only switch if desperate or just to mix things up
i'm not as experienced with Zelda and just don't like her as much

demodemo

Smash Ace
getting kills with sheik is MUCH more satisfying, and while I used to transform, I now considering transforming a ***** move. gimping is too fun, and zelda's game at high percentages is too repetitive.

i would rather be satisfied then kill my friends at like 50% earlier. yeyeaheayeaheay

Tristan_win

Not dead.
No, I'm more effect not using Zelda for kills.

The only time I use zelda now is if I'm too lazy to go though the efforts of killing them with Sheik or I have greatly weaken all of my killing moves trying to kill them to such a degree that Zelda is absolutely necessary.

This usually only happens to the fatter characters like snake, de3 and so on.

Oh, I also use her if I'm desperate

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually, I've pretty much stopped using zelda for kills. I'm much better without her, to be honest. I only use her now for a quick surprise in matches.

Otherwise, I just use sheik. It's much more fun, in my opinion. It also works well. ^_^

Mith_

Smash Champion
Zelda can be too predictable. The opponent can just dodge all of your kill moves. Maybe its just me lol.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Zelda can be too predictable. The opponent can just dodge all of your kill moves. Maybe its just me lol.
Not necessarily.

Sometimes a lightning kick is too quick to dodge.

Using NL at the edge or from the ledge can lead to a (sometimes) unavoidable spike.

FF-air dodges to the ground and you can D-smash with 0 lag.

F-smash and U-smash eat through sheilds and have a killer final hit.

d-tilt can lead into u-tilt and f-tilt, (i believe it's a lock at certain percentages) and that can KO.

You can also position yourself under an opponent with a predictable recover like Ganon or Falcon and use U-air to kill. Nothing they can do about it.

Much of Zeldas moves require timing and a decent set up. Try working on setting up KO moves if you really have trouble KOing with her.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
it was a question, i was curious dumb crap. stfu and gtfo
What, you can't take even a little bit of cynical criticism to your question having an obvious answer? If you're done, just go away.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Shiekers make her predictible when they spam her F-smash four times in a row for the kill. Not only that, but it's only common sense that your opponent will be playing a more defensive game, knowing that he/she will die if Zelda even touches them...

Against a character that doesn't have a projectile (or a crappy one), I would camp with Dins' to make them approach and then use Zelda's U/F-smash to out-prioritize them.

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Don't get impatient when switching to Zelda and you should do fine. Just stay defensive and force approach (if you can) and she can still work wonders. She gets predictable when you get agressive and always try for the kill. Also, Dins fire > Diddys ^b

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Shiekers make her predictible when they spam her F-smash four times in a row for the kill. Not only that, but it's only common sense that your opponent will be playing a more defensive game, knowing that he/she will die if Zelda even touches them...

Against a character that doesn't have a projectile (or a crappy one), I would camp with Dins' to make them approach and then use Zelda's U/F-smash to out-prioritize them.
Like I keep trying to tell everyone, Dins Fire doesn't force approaches against most of the better characters, you can not camp with it. The characters that it does force approaches from(Marth,Wario,DDD) are used to approaching anyways.

NinjaLink has stated that camping is the reason why he doesn't main Zelda in Brawl. Landing the kill move with Zelda can sometimes be extremely hard to do, becuase good opponents won't even let you get in range.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
because i know i do. IMO shiek has a hard time kililng :(, and zeldas REALLY good, especially with the utilt or the fsmash. anybody else do this?

you just found this out?

M@v

Subarashii!
Whenever I use sheik, I switch to Zelda for the kill, with very few exceptions(Ness and Lucas being two of them.) I play Zelda solo as well though.
My choice of who I use depends on who Im facing. Im more comfortable with sheik in some matches, and with Zelda in others.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I seem use them in a totally different way than most "switchers" seem to do..

Rack up damage using Shiek -> Switch to Zelda -> Kill........? nonsense

I rather reverse the strategy (sort of)...
I use Zelda all the time, and only when (MY) % is high, I switch to shiek.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Zomg! Choknater's Sheik is so good that it unlocks the ancient power of the forbidden seven and turns toon!?!?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Yup pretty much.

Pirates > Ninjas

I believed the opposite for sooo long...

Until I read One Piece....

Get ***** Naruto.

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
depends on the matchup, for heavy characters i cant easily gimp i like to switch to zelda for the kill but for people with weak recovers i perfer to stay as shiek and edgeguard

I switch often, especially vs. larger opponents , after I hit with a high knockback attack at 80% I trans. . . from there. . . lightning kicks galore. vs all others I just take advantages of Zelda's non-diminished smashes.

Top Bottom