• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Worthy R.O.B's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Future

Smash Master
No one in this topic has probably played a good link except for Overswarm.

Links fsmash, dair, and dsmash are all easier to hit than any of ROBs KO moves and hit earlier.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
<---has

A2 tried to bring up the same exact post in the link boards...and got wrecked =\

I really wanted to see Sudai play Wifi/Brawl though =P

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Teh Future, you've obviously never played Lawz.

Myself and Fishy have played him.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Poor Link. His KO power is only barely better than ROB's, and he gets gimped over 9000 times more often.
You sir need your facts straight. Stop changing your opinions everytime you post. You know nothing about the character.

As for the matter at hand......*facepalm*

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No one in this topic has probably played a good link except for Overswarm.

Links fsmash, dair, and dsmash are all easier to hit than any of ROBs KO moves and hit earlier.
I've played Finns7 and Ray_Kalm. They're pretty good players.

F-smash is slow. D-air is very risky. D-smash is decent enough but is pretty much only viable out of shield against something laggy (which is sorta unlikely against ROB).

ROB's N-air is very easy to land by predicting an air dodge and probably KOs about as early as Link's D-air if ROB can chase his opponent near the blastzone (otherwise, it KOs at percents similar to Link's F-smash). ROB's B-air is about as good as Link's D-air offstage and a million times safer on miss. ROB can land F-Smash by glidetossing Gyro and that KOs slightly earlier than Link's F-tilt.

Also, ROB can KO with his throws. Link pretty much never KOs with his U-throw until 200%.

Why do people say Link's KO power is good? Probably the biggest problem with Link after his recovery (and poor approach) is his lack of KO power, if anything (something that I am glad is fixed in BBrawl). If Link even came close to having Olimar's KO power, he'd probably be a decent character. One thing is for sure, Link is in the bottom half of characters when it comes to KO power. He does fine racking up damage, and he could get away with his bad recovery if he actually was GOOD at scoring KOs.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Dsmash can be used oos against any of ROB's smashes by the way A2. If you Dair correctly, it's neigh impossible to punish. Whenever Lawz tries the "Dair while I get back to the stage from the ledge" trick, It's difficult to punish when he does it correctly.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Dsmash can be used oos against any of ROB's smashes by the way A2. If you Dair correctly, it's neigh impossible to punish. Whenever Lawz tries the "Dair while I get back to the stage from the ledge" trick, It's difficult to punish when he does it correctly.
D-smash has trouble reaching ROB if F-smash was spaced well. Yes, he can D-smash oos against ROB's D-smash, but that only matters if ROB is at high percents, and this should be relatively infrequent anyway since the goal of D-smashing is to punish someone for whiffing. And then I could go on to mention how stale moves is a serious problem for Link.

Yeah D-air is alright offstage (although super predictable and easy to avoid since Link doesn't want to go offstage more than 5 feet). That's what makes ROB's B-air a much better edgeguard tool. It's safer in more positions (and has a less situational hitbox offstage). Also, ROB's N-air can really interfere with Link's D-air edgeguard for that matter since it's more disjointed.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's not the point Chibo.

A2, I can say the same with Link in the if he spaces his Dsmash well, it will hit ROB even if he spaces it. If you powershield, you'll have time to shortstep Dsmash. And it doesn't matter if it's only useful at high percents. We're discussing killing, of course it'll be higher percents.

Dair may be predictable, but it's a floating powerful sex kick that kills. Even if you see it coming it does take some effort to get around it since Link can control movement while Dairing.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That's not the point Chibo.

A2, I can say the same with Link in the if he spaces his Dsmash well, it will hit ROB even if he spaces it. If you powershield, you'll have time to shortstep Dsmash. And it doesn't matter if it's only useful at high percents. We're discussing killing, of course it'll be higher percents.

Dair may be predictable, but it's a floating powerful sex kick that kills. Even if you see it coming it does take some effort to get around it since Link can control movement while Dairing.
Taking effort to work around =/= reliability. His D-air also gets SIGNIFICANTLY weaker the longer it is out too.

Anyhow my original point is that people overestimate Link's KO power. His KO power...is unexpectedly low. Toon Link, a character that reportedly sucks at KOs....KOs at lower percents than Link (Smashes, U-air, N-air, and F-air all KO earlier). =/

As a ROB user, I'm glad ROB isn't the one losing out on recovery. Otherwise he would be in a similar situation as Link. Both characters pretty much only specialize in camping and racking damage.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Taking effort to work around =/= reliability. His D-air also gets SIGNIFICANTLY weaker the longer it is out too.
troll.

LINK'S DAIR IS JUST AS POWERFUL ON STARTUP AS IT IS WHEN IT ENDS EXCLUDING LIKE THE LAST COUPLE FRAMES WHERE IT GETS SLIGHTLY WEAKER, OF AN APPROXIMATE 96 FRAMES OF LASTING HITBOX. WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SUCH AN AMAZING KO MOVE.

LINK WILL NOT DIE UNTIL VERY HIGH PERCENTAGES UNLESS HE IS GIMPED. LINK'S HEAVY WEIGHT, MOMENTUM CANCEL, AND WITH PROPER DI, HE WILL NOT DIE UNTIL VERY HIGH PERCENTS UNLESS HE IS GIMPED.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCTR39-cDCM
^^^
WATCH WHAT HAPPENS WHEN LINK DOESN'T GET GIMPED.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8088485&postcount=163

^^^
STOP TRYING TO DEBATE ON THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT.

Everyone in this thread please refrain from listening to A2ZOMG. He knows nothing about anything.

Also, the only people that can say anything about Link in this MU are the people who have played Lawz (GwJ/Fishy) or someone that has played Deva/Legan/ArkiveZero

:093:

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
LINK'S DAIR IS JUST AS POWERFUL ON STARTUP AS IT IS WHEN IT ENDS EXCLUDING LIKE THE LAST COUPLE FRAMES OF AN APPROXIMATE 96 FRAMES OF LASTING HITBOX. WHY DO YOU THINK IT'S SUCH AN AMAZING KO MOVE.
This, that's what I was talking about.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
This, that's what I was talking about.
It still kills.

LOOL

he said it gets SIGNIFICANTLY WEAKER THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE ATTACK.
slightly weaker on last couple frames =/= bad KO move

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I think you and me are thinking different things. I was saying that what you said was what I meant when I said that Link's Dair is a floating sex kick that kills. Maybe I just worded it wrong.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Don't worry. I don't know many people on the character boards that don't already know to ignore him.
I like you already <3

I think you and me are thinking different things. I was saying that what you said was what I meant when I said that Link's Dair is a floating sex kick that kills. Maybe I just worded it wrong.
Well, I wasn't referencing you at all. However, to explain this more thoroughly, it's not REALLY a sex kick. It's just very similar to one.

A sex kick lasts for a long time, but progressivley gets weaker throughout the duration of the attack.

Link's Dair lasts for a long time, but only gets slightly weaker on the last couple frames. It's a big difference.

--

Everyone knows that Link is terrible, but saying it's because he can't kill? Foolish.

Dair is nothing less than ****.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I would also like to say that I don't make these kinds of posts directed at you (A2) to be a douchebag.

I make these posts because there just seems to be no way to get through to your mind. If you are obviously wrong about something, admit to it. There's no problem to admit to being wrong.

What's so aggrovating is the continuous posts you make to try and defend your claim, even when it's blatantly wrong. It's no longer a debate at this point, it's you being arrogant and trying to back up incorrect statements about Link's KO power with no feasible proof. This is the 2nd thread where this has been discussed, please just accept that you are wrong about it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Instead of just trying to tell me that Link can momentum cancel effectively, and trying to prove that his D-air is an amazing KO move when in reality, it's situational and telegraphed at best, try actually telling me that Link is better than over half the cast in this game at KOing. Which is of course false.

If Link had GOOD KO power, then he would be similar to Olimar, another character who constantly gets gimped a lot. Wolf in a similar manner manages to be a decent character despite his AWFUL recovery since he can actually kill stuff.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
No one said Dair was amazing. Nor would he be as good as Oli as they are completely different characters and having the same KO power does not make a character even.

You're mixing yours words up as well, we're not arguing that Link is better than half the cast. We've spent too many posts explaining how "stupid" your posts are.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
My point is Link's problem isn't merely his poor recovery. That alone can be worked around. Link's moveset however is only average at best, and MANY MANY characters in this game have a better answer when it comes to KO moves.

His strengths get overhyped a lot when they really aren't all that amazing. He has some "cool" stuff, but then again, almost every character in this game has something "cool". Moving past the "cool" stuff, he's not very powerful...

Anyhow, I find this relevant since after all, one of the big changes to Link in BBrawl was increased KO power. Basically, it's something he's really needed a lot.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ALL of Link's moves are telegraphed. All of them. He basically has to use the aerial that is your direction to hit you 100% of the time, and you have time to shield all of his land attacks. He basically just throws **** and hopes you screw up.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
KO potential =/= KO power

You have been trying to say Link has bad KO power. Power, as in the ability to kill at lower percents, not potential, the ability to easily land a move.

Link has great KO power.

I also post those vids about Link's surviving methods because you still like to ignore the fact that Link can live to very high percents if he doesn't get gimped.

But let's please get over this. It's the ROB boards, lol.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
troll.

Also, the only people that can say anything about Link in this MU are the people who have played Lawz (GwJ/Fishy) or someone that has played Deva/Legan/ArkiveZero

I've played lawz and legan. It's definitely hard to gimp link.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Lol this popped up out of nowhere.
I loved reading through it.. made my night.

I also love how TLM never responded, he posted this all smug and mighty, and had a nice reality check about competitive play. ROFLMAO XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom