• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Worthy R.O.B's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
I have yet to find a R.O.B. opponent who can beat me consistently. ROB is supposed to be an adequately well ranked character but I havent found any evidence of that in any matches against it with link. I have a feeling that Link is a bad match for R.O.B. I want to test this theory. So, if any of you ROBs think you can beat me consistently ill be playing this evening online. My friend code is 2406-5033-0935 (AL). Just post yours and ill add you - then I can find out if ROB has the misfortune of being designed to fail against a proficcent Link main.

Sudai

Stuff here
TruLinkMaster..is it? Okay, mind if I call you TLM? Doesn't matter, I'm doing it. I'm bored so I'll make a special exception just for you. I'll play WIFI Brawl! Oh noes! I know y'all are gonna think I'm crazy. It's cause all the pink. I can't handle it.

Anyway. On the reals. I'll play with you tonight (Are you good at times like Midnight EST? That's around when I'll be getting home.) If not, are there any other times you'll be free where I can show you just how bad this match-up is for you?

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Most people wouldn't even dignify this with an anwser.
One, no Link does not beat rob. I understand what you're trying to do, goading one of the ROB's in here to play you but you're going about it all wrong.
You come off as kind of pompous, and a little arrogant, which is a combination people scoff at in this community.
You're better off using the friend finder thread, and looking for someone that mains R.O.B.
Either that or use A.I.B., because it's better suited to your request.

can someone close this thread?

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
Yea - midnight is good. - also pretty much anytime in the day or nite next sunday and the week after. TLM is fine. whats your friend code? and what name to correspond to it? I certainly hope you are right about beating me consistently. If you can win a set of games then i will not be even more critical of the creators of brawl ( they dumbed down the tech play and speed - i hope they havent given extreme match-up disadvantages also). I need your friend code to play

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
it would be arragant if I were merely better than avergae. Such is not the case. I genuinely want to find a ROB that can murder me. What I love mroe than winning is consistentyl losing cuz that is the honing of improvement.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
You think you're better than average against your friends. Sudai can you please just wreck him, because his arrogance is brighter than that awful tunic Link wears. Losing means improving?

arrogant players are inui arrogant.

Trulinkmaster

Smash Rookie
If I consistently lose then i have found a force with which to attempt winning - if i overcome that force an improvement has been made. - i should have been more clear though i thought it was easy to assume what i meant. - i wanna find a ROB that is better than i - i know there must be some - thats why i made this thread - i hope sudai is one. If i dont find one then brawl has more matchup prob.'s than i thought.

Sudai

Stuff here
I don't have recording equipment sadly. I can infinite replay the replays for someone else to upload though.

I might be going play Melee all night tonight, but if that's the case, I'll catch you next weekend. Melee > Brawl every time I have the choice. I'll let you know and get you my friend code at the same time. I'm at a friend's trying to decide what we're gonna do tonight.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
TLM im going somewhere tonight but when I get back il post here so we can play online and il grace you with the ability to play the ROB youve been looking for.

Post your aim name, that will be 20000% easier to get a hold of u by

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im playin this guy tonight, already exchanged FCs. il record and put up the matches tonight

pre johns: i hate wifi lol

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
It was just a set of 5 matches all on neutrals. Idk why he switched... *looks at 4th match*... nvm i know why lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Poor Link. His KO power is only barely better than ROB's, and he gets gimped over 9000 times more often.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
He only lives longer than ROB if the opponent can't grab the ledge for ****. Yea, he can momentum cancel, but that means nothing if your opponent can edge hug at the last minute.

edit: Also, TLM can't DI. Now that Lawz guy, that's some DI thar.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Link only wins KO power significantly on D-air and 2nd hit of F-smash, both of which are situational at best. ROB kills at comparable percents to those attacks with his Up-smash. F-smash, N-air, and B-air are pretty close in power to everything else Link wants to kill with (and by far easier to set up). Link's strong point is damage dealing, not scoring KOs. ROB has another advantage in KO power by having a better ability to follow up, meaning there are more positions he can capitalize on, including those near the blastzone, not to mention ROB can actually kill with his throws at percents that resemble something reasonable.

He also lives longer than ROB when you aren't playing kirby.
False, anyone can tap him offstage and kill him easily, no matter how well he DIs. Considering how predictable his recovery is, and how often he's forced to use it regardless of how well he DIs, he STILL gets gimped by good opponents even when he DIs.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
I agree with the post above, Link lives nowhere near as long as most characters in brawl when it comes to off the stage. Especially against R.O.B. Lmao. Once Link is offstage, he usually gets gimped. Thats just the way the cookie crumbles... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom