• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-falco character?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm not being a douche bag, I'm being blunt. If you are getting aerial juggled constantly by a char with no aerials combos, I can only assume you suck. If you say a character has a 90% cg which is a pretty big claim, and that's not true, you should stop talking til you get your **** straight.

Character choice doesn't meant balls if you are really bad, how is this not clear.

And now that I've made my pretty easy to understand the defense, leave me the **** alone.

You're aren't being blunt. Blunt would be telling someone they're wrong with out sugar coating it. You've gone beyond that by insulting two people consecutively, the insults were not needed for you to prove your point. Also, according to your own logic me saying you're being a douche bag is just being blunt.

No.

Either keep chaingrabbing, or do a F-air with Nana while Popo is still holding on to Falco.
actually the down throw chain I talked about does work. If you do a fair spike with out doing the D-throw they can DI and land on the stage. you're wrong. <--- This is being blunt

Also, Falco cannot control the air with mindgames. The player can control the air with mindgames.
Obviously I meant if you are "playing" as Falco.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My entire point was that he sucks, so the answers to his question will not ****ing help him. God ****it if you're going to tell me what I need/dont need to prove my point then you should probably know what the freaking point is.

And if you seriously mean to tell me he's supposed to be super offended by being told he sucks then he's pretty much ****ing hopeless. This isn't a god **** grade school kid we are dealing with here, it's a low level player who can become good if he gets his head out of delusional land.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
My entire point was that he sucks, so the answers to his question will not ****ing help him. God ****it if you're going to tell me what I need/dont need to prove my point then you should probably know what the freaking point is.

And if you seriously mean to tell me he's supposed to be super offended by being told he sucks then he's pretty much ****ing hopeless. This isn't a god **** grade school kid we are dealing with here, it's a low level player who can become good if he gets his head out of delusional land.
You're changing the subject and avoiding my point. If you aren't actually gonna try to prove me wrong by quoting me and pointing out what I'm saying is wrong then I'm not even gonna argue with you anymore. Peace out

Frozt

Smash Apprentice

You are the kind of person my parents told me to stay away from

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
the insults were not needed for you to prove your point.
I dont see how I didn't directly address your argument.

RP`

Smash Apprentice
I'm not being a douche bag, I'm being blunt. If you are getting aerial juggled constantly by a char with no aerials combos, I can only assume you suck. If you say a character has a 90% cg which is a pretty big claim, and that's not true, you should stop talking til you get your **** straight.

Character choice doesn't meant balls if you are really bad, how is this not clear.

And now that I've made my pretty easy to understand the defense, leave me the **** alone.
If you take away your insults would your points be affected in any way? No, they won't. Insulting people isn't necessary when you can simply correct them. Hence, you being a douchebag, douchebag.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I said he sucked. That was it. The point was that he sucked, so the answers question wouldn't help him. What am I supposed to say "You're not as good as you may think, so this thread wont help". Wow, huge difference between a sentence and a word.

>____>

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm saying you don't have to be a douche bag and fill your posts with insults to tell him that he's not good.

So prove to me that you have to insult people and be a douche to get your points across.

You won't be able to cause your argument sucks. Thank you and good night.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
and I'm saying you don't have to be a douche bag and fill your posts with insults to tell him that he's not good.

So prove to me that you have to insult people and be a douche to get your points across.

I'm gonna say it one more time. I said he sucks. It's like saying he's at a really low level, the difference to anyone with a spine shouldn't be that big. I didn't throw a **** ton of flames at him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Honestly, I'm with Falconv1.0 on this one.

There are no vids to critique. Therefore how are we supposed to assume that your problem is your character choice, rather your playstyle?

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR

There are no vids to critique. Therefore how are we supposed to assume that your problem is your character choice, rather your playstyle?

Dude I never said his point was necessarily wrong. I just said that the way he said it was crude and uneeded. He was being a douche

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Dude I never said his point was necessarily wrong. I just said that the way he said it was crude and uneeded. He was being a douche
It seems you're the one who wont answer how saying he sucks which is the ****ing truth is being crude. The dude isn't a small child.

I should note you've called me a douche multiple times now because I said someone sucks. You want me to be courteous while you are apparently 100% ok with flaming me on a difference of opinion. Right.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It seems you're the one who wont answer how saying he sucks which is the ****ing truth is being crude. The dude isn't a small child.
I dont remember Falco having air combos, either I'm being stupid or you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.

I have a feeling it's the latter and that it's not because of your char, but because you suck.
Just because someone isn't a small child doesn't mean it's okay for you to talk to the like this.

and this:
I just went to the pika boards, it was listed as a 40% cg. Either something changed, or you need to gtfo.

I'm done arguing with you (For real this time). Nothing I can say will teach you manners. You've grown up talking this way and you think it's okay and there's nothing I can do about it.

Mods this topic has definitely completely gone off topic. PLease close this thread.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I stated I could be wrong, and said something could have changed, which I stated would be my bad.

Wow I said gtfo to a guy I thought was saying fallacies, you must be in so many topics defeating so many super mean people.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I have no reason to give some detailed match up explanation to a guy who will not make use of it.
is that why you posted all this instead?
you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.
because you suck.
you need to gtfo.
you should stop talking til you get your **** straight.
I can only assume you suck.
I'm not being a douche bag
You should only really be insulted by being told you suck if you think you're good.
no.
And applying Fox's physics to Falco and then stating it like fact is stupid.
true, but NOBODY DID SO.
you're the one living in delusional land thinking he doesn't suck
nobody said that, it's called 'being nice'
My entire point was that he sucks
then he's pretty much ****ing hopeless. This isn't a god **** grade school kid we are dealing with here
you sure?
so the answers to his question wouldn't help him.
really? you know that too?
if he gets his head out of delusional land.
where you are even pulling this from i don't know.
What am I supposed to say
not what you said.

I'm not being a douche bag
EDIT: oops lol godismyrock beat me to it

E_Ress

Smash Cadet
I dont remember Falco having air combos, maybe you should work on airdodging at the right time to avoid being juggled.

It's not because of your char, but because you need to practice some of the basics.

Either way, the message still hits home. Don't let yourself get juggled.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Petre that is so off it's not even funny. You took out some part where I said idiot or cursed without actually showing the entire sentence to make me look bad.

If you're gonna take my **** and throw it at me dont do it so terribly.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
is that why you posted all this instead?

no.

true, but NOBODY DID SO.

nobody said that, it's called 'being nice'

you sure?

really? you know that too?

where you are even pulling this from i don't know.

not what you said.

EDIT: oops lol godismyrock beat me to it
Wow, shut up seriously. Why are you taking this so ridiculously out of context?

If you're not going to actually contribute to the topic, get out.

M@v

Subarashii!
Oh, you mean Falco has a 60:40 on Met-oh wait it's MK.

You main MK. One of your "Harder matchups" mean it's a 55:45 instead of the usual 60:40. I can garuntee you that MK is one of Falco's harder matchups as well.
so you just assume I main MK because I said MK has a "Hard" matchup? I main Falco/Fox bud, and FYI I really do hate fighting MK, and by harder matchups I didnt mean MK gets *****, I meant MK just cant beat falco around like a ragdoll, something he can do to a lot of the cast.

Flayl

Smash Hero
yea... good luck trying to actually pull that platform standing CG off in any competitive match.
That's against Wario and IC. The one that works on Falco is a dashgrab on the ledge one.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Game and Watch anyone? Falco is not that great against him either, in addition to Marth, MK, Pika, and Kirby.

Zylar

Smash Ace
No one ever pays attention to Pikachu mains. Now I know how Weegi feels.
Naw man. It's cause of all this arguing.
Stupidness.

Besides better for us in the end if no one noticed. At least you were on topic, and trying to assist. While those arguing probably ruined the OP's perception of this place.

But alas, I'm bored.

I dont remember Falco having air combos, either I'm being stupid or you're an idiot for being combo'd in the air.

I have a feeling it's the latter and that it's not because of your char, but because you suck.
Note the glaringly obvious lack of anything helpful or productive in this post. You can't point out any helpful statement.
Here you stated that the OP is an idiot for being combo'd in the air. How do you know? Oh, based off your 'feelings', assumptions, guesses.

He spams non-stop, and dominates in the air... If i try and get him on the ground he hit's me back up into the air and juggles.
Point out the exact part where you discovered him losing was due to combos in the air which shouldn't happen.
All he said was that the falco dominated in the air, which could mean a variety of things since everyone interprets the same thing and describes it differently.And the falco could have juggled without leaving the floor. Granted his description is vague thus we can't give any specific answer.
The way he describes himself also implies that he isn't an above-average player since it seems he can't stop what is happening, which is associated with n00bs. But that is most likely why he came to this forum and asked for help.

I just went to the pika boards, it was listed as a 40% cg. Either something changed, or you need to gtfo.
Here you display more unnecessary rude behavior. Yes something changed; this CG is extremely new, and as such the match-up thread hasn't been updated since we're still testing out every aspect we can. Also K 2 is active on the pikachu forums, so he would know.
Regardless there is no point or need for this behavior. There is no point to talk like that even if he was wrong.

Yes, you were blunt, but your assumptions made it so that you're bashing the guy for no given reason, since it is not certainly determined that he is losing because of combos that shouldn't happen. You only assume he sucks, based off of the very vague self-descriptions with no video. (BTW OP, get a vid uploaded and many will be happy to help.)

The claim for the 0% - 90% CG (Still testing percent range) was not made by God-is-my-rock, but rather K 2. And yes the cg is true give or take some percent. Accusing God-is-my-rock for saying something he didn't say, accusing it to be false, and telling him to shut up is one more example of you being rude.

The fact that character choice doesn't matter if a person sucks does not allow your behavior. It is clear, it's just that has nothing to do with helping the guy, or addressing the God-is-my-rock's concern for your unnecessarily rude comments.

You're point is clear, although off topic. But to defend against what? You're right to tell people they suck because he's asking for help? That last statement shows ... alot.

Leave me the **** alone seems like a good way to react to a guy calling me a douche bag for telling the truth. You should only really be insulted by being told you suck if you think you're good. I'm telling to get good, he's barely explained ****, and there's no vid, I have no reason to give some detailed match up explanation to a guy who will not make use of it.

And applying Fox's physics to Falco and then stating it like fact is stupid. I guess we should pick Fox since he can d throw cg and dair of out the throw to spike you. OH WAI-
Using that statement can always be avoided. It is your conscious choice to use that language in the majority of your posts, here or elsewhere.
Besides he called you a douche for assuming something to be true and rudely telling him he sucks, even while it was frank, and you can't give me proof of what you said to be the truth.
It doesn't matter how you view yourself, if someone is saying you suck without proof, and sometimes even with proof, you will be insulted.
Why are you complaining about how he barely explained anything, while at the same time you didn't help any at all?
Even you noticed the lack of description or video. So how can you say you know that he sucks? You still make assumptions on what he will do, won't do, can do, and can't do. How can you positively say he won't make good use of any explanation you come up with, which by the way you've done nothing even remotely close?

BTW, the whole Fox thing started here.

He probably thought Falco suffered the same CG Fox does.
Natch was talking to you, saying that K 2, who said there is a CG by pika on falco to 90%, probably mixed up Falco with Fox. Liked I've stated earlier, the CG is true.
So you basically argued against a person who was trying to help you understand the K 2's claim, even though he was wrong. Congrats.

No, you're the one living in delusional land thinking he doesn't suck when you look at this thread and his posts in it.
Look at his post.

Eeeeeeaaaaase up

Nobody frankly thinks you mean no insult when you tell somebody you don't know that they suck, no matter how good they actually are

Telling yourself you came off without contempt is pretty delusional
He never said he doesn't suck, and even if he looked at his posts in this thread there is nothing to indicate such a thing. His whole point was ease up, you cannot claim that you didn't come off as mean.

So because YOU ASSUME that he sucks, you choose to not help him? But isn't this place meant to help people get better? Since when in any of your posts did you PROVE that he sucks. Your point is that you continue to bash the dude over and over.
I would be offended if someone repeatedly said you sucked when there is no indication of such.
Also he never said that he was offended, so YOU CAN'T EVEN SAY THAT HE'D BE OFFENDED!!! You also don't know HIS AGE!!!

BTW saying that he is a low level player is far more polite than saying he sucks. Maybe he knows he's not the best and is looking for help from better players, which you've provided no such assistance. In fact, now you're saying he won't get better even if he asked and got an answer.

His point was that you're rude.
His point was not that he will get better if you give him a "detailed description" which you've seem so adamant to say is false.

If you take away your insults would your points be affected in any way? No, they won't. Insulting people isn't necessary when you can simply correct them. Hence, you being a douchebag, douchebag.
If we take away Falconv1.0's insults from his posts we'd be left with empty quotes.

I said he sucked. That was it. The point was that he sucked, so the answers question wouldn't help him. What am I supposed to say "You're not as good as you may think, so this thread wont help". Wow, huge difference between a sentence and a word.

>____>
Yes we know you think he sucks. Again you say that answering his questions wont help him. In answer to "What am I supposed to say?" try this :
"Post some videos or be very descriptive about what you and you're opponent are doing so that we can actually address what is making you have difficulty against him."
There is a huge different between this and "You suck, so this thread won't help."

I'm gonna say it one more time. I said he sucks. It's like saying he's at a really low level, the difference to anyone with a spine shouldn't be that big. I didn't throw a **** ton of flames at him.
Yes you did. You've continued to argued your point as to how and why he sucks and won't get better. Loads of flaming, indirect albeit, but you're still bashing him. In fact, the second sentence is a flame towards him. In that statement you basically said he has no spine so he lost by a lot, since he wouldn't have lost by a lot if he had a spine. Wow, where did you get that idea?

We cannot assume either way, we can't/don't know. So we ask for a vid. Simple right?, That or we try to help with what little we know or don't make any posts at all.

I should note you've called me a douche multiple times now because I said someone sucks. You want me to be courteous while you are apparently 100% ok with flaming me on a difference of opinion. Right.
You don't know how old he is. Not even his profile contains such information.

Simple version to why you're rude : You said he sucked over and over with no proof.

Also there are only two times when God-is-my-Rock said you're a douche, which is still multiple times. However you're the one who continues to use language that requires *'s to cover them up.
Here are the two douche statements :

why are you such a douche bag?, and yes Falco doesn't have Air "combos" to argue semantics, but he can control the air quite well with good laser/ aerial mindgames.
I'm saying you don't have to be a douche bag and fill your posts with insults to tell him that he's not good.

Continue

I stated I could be wrong, and said something could have changed, which I stated would be my bad.

Wow I said gtfo to a guy I thought was saying fallacies, you must be in so many topics defeating so many super mean people.
You sorta said you could be wrong, "either I'm stupid or..." . But after you're first post you later go on to say that what you say is the truth repeatedly. Obviously you decided to disregard any chance of you being wrong.
Point out to me where you explicitly said if I'm wrong, my bad. You didn't.
You did, once, say he could have changed but only if he "gets his head out of delusional land."
This doesn't prove you didn't assume, or are not being rude.

That last sentence didn't make any sense. I tried to understand but failed. -.-
You only said "get out" to the person who posted about the falco cg, so how does that have anything to do with your point other than further show your behavior?

Petre that is so off it's not even funny. You took out some part where I said idiot or cursed without actually showing the entire sentence to make me look bad.

If you're gonna take my **** and throw it at me dont do it so terribly.
I hoped I followed your criteria perfectly.
I left no word from your posts out.
Showing the entirety of your posts will not save you from looking bad.

Wow, shut up seriously. Why are you taking this so ridiculously out of context?

If you're not going to actually contribute to the topic, get out.
You agreeing with Falconv1.0 was fine, but why did you have to say shut up for someone getting off topic when it was him and God-is-my-rock's off-topic argument? I mean you should be upset at both God-is-my-rock and Falconv1.0 first before acting like that towards him.

*blink* Wait! Where is you're contribution to the thread??? *searches in vain*

Okay sure you can't help very well because there isn't a vid to critique, but him continuing the argument doesn't deserve this sort of a response. As for me, I'm continuing the argument and posting what I can. Falconv1.0 was so amazingly wrong, I couldn't not comment on the argument.

Final Notes :
Even if we find out that he is losing because of air combos or juggling, that he won't learn even if people give him detailed descriptions, and/or that he plain "sucks" that does not give you any reason to talk like you did.

If I was offensive or wrong in any way feel obliged to let me know.
In fact if you can't disprove me I then have proven you do be what you've been called.

Rude post = bad.
Rude post with no reason = worse.
Rude post + no reason + no helpful posts = even worse.
Rude post + no reason + no helpful posts + and being wrong = worst.

*sigh, pause, deep breath*

I REST MY CASE.

On topic: Asking for which character to counterpick Falco should be addressed at a Q&A thread rather than creating a new thread.
Also next time please, please, please bring a vid.
If you have the vid but can't get it uploaded, ask around.
If you can't make vids, be VERY VERY descriptive.
As of right now everyone is just naming possible characters that you could use to beat a falco, which may or may not address your issue.

DylantheNinja

Smash Cadet
Ice Climbers/Kirby

Kirby: from 0-20% D-throw to Up-tilt

from 0-10%: F-Throw to Fast falled up-air, turn around, up-tilt, short hop B-air
A good Fthrow combo for kirby is fthrow to side b immediately in the air. It connects up to like 30%

TheUmbreonMonarchy

Smash Cadet
actually the down throw chain I talked about does work.
Well no duh. I wasn't saying it didn't work. I was saying to keep chaingrabbing afterwards. <_< Good job midreading my post.

If you do a fair spike with out doing the D-throw they can DI and land on the stage. you're wrong. <--- This is being blunt
Same applies to the Dthrow -> F-air spike. Also, explain how you can land on the stage. I try doing every DI possible plus a combination of various DIs, and I still end up spiked by it (with any character). The only thing I could think of is DI'ing, then teching the wall.

Also, another point to bring up is;

why bother doing the spike when I can just DI back to the stage afterwards?

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Pick Meta Knight. Counter Falco's chain grabs with relentless Ledge Camping if you can somehow get his % higher than yours and you will win the match.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
My contribution was to let everyone know that contributions to this thread wont mean bull**** when i comes to him winning the match. I am actually quite amazingly right that this guy is not good. You can read a guys posts and kinda sum up at the least his knowledge of the game. He's getting combo'd and cant handle laser spam. No, you're right, he might be amazing and be placing super high at tourneys.

No one understands the simplest crap I say, Jesus H Christ.

God is my rock tried to teach me manners over the internet, that's the stupidest **** I've ever heard of. No one flaming me was any better than me either.

reedkmeister

Smash Rookie
Alright. First off, you guys are being real ***** (except the people who are defending me)
Second, I'm not a complete n00b, it's just there is no real way of approaching him without it resulting in eventual death.
Thirdly, I'm trying to know when the best time to approach is, how to approach, and how to turn the game around in my favor.

I might sound like a bit of an idiot for what I am saying right now... but I don't know how to upload videos. I have a Macintosh, so that will be hard first, and i don't have a recording device. I only have an SD card and all the files are .bin files.

By the time I get the videos up, this board will be down, sooo.

Let's just say I'm not a complete noob. I can get kills in most of the time, but he almost always beats me.

Don't post anything if you don't have any thing that can help.

Also, my mains are Captain Falcon, Mario, Zelda and Wolf. I sometimes just use Random when I'm bored.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
you guys are being real ***** (except the people who are defending me)
Second, I'm not a complete n00b, it's just there is no real way of approaching him without it resulting in eventual death.
That statement makes me think otherwise.

I should note almost no one defended his skill, but instead had to let me know I was super duper mean. I guess they didn't contribute to **** either, except maybe just to flame me. Stop acting all high and mighty.

Top Bottom