• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Christ (666) Good/Normal Toon Link

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
wow, well, any advice guys? XD

The point of vids is crits, not straight suck response. And what does he do that's ordinary? I haven't played a good TL other then Anti Christ yet, and I've played quite a few. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't mind any challengers whom think they are good TLs...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Because online play is an accurate way to determine skill, amirite?

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
C'mon, lag is just a john for losing. Good players play under conditions. If Chudat can **** ONE HANDED, then no one should be complaining about the lag online. Besides, most of my games are lag free due to good internet connection with server dependee'd to brawl. But that's neither here nor there, everyone is entitled to there very own opinion.

I wouldn't mind playing good TL's either way though, I really would like the challenge.

PyroJet

Smash Apprentice
The DK sucked...... To critique it I would say to lay off the useless bomb throwing constantly. You can say they are for mind games, but doing that is not really that helpful against someone who is not that dk.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This is weird...I can't really tell how good Antichrist is from the matches vs DK.

At first glance, he seems to be not so good, for a few reasons. Looking at this match...It's backwards. DK should be trying to approach Toon Link, not run away...Idk what that's about, so that's my first indication that these players aren't really amazing. DK should be constantly running towards Toon Link. Second, the DK wasn't even using his amazing range vs Toon Link. The match itself was just weird and backwards. Also, it's online, so it makes it VERY hard to tell...

Idk, I'd say Antichrist is average at best, but then again there are just so many factors in this match, I can't really tell. For criticism...Spotdodge less. I know it's Brawl and all, and spotdodging *****, but really doing it TOO much will screw you over vs better players.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
lol at amazing. I agree with most people here, he's more than likely decent at best.
follow the crowd, opinions are stoopid when you make them yourself.
who said a bomb shouldnt be in your hand at all times?
dont you know about setups? If you mained link in melee youd know what im talking about.
the "random bombs" arent so random, they force your opponent into tight places. once theyre in these situiations you can profit. Same with arrows and boomerang.
all TLs projectiles are used to block approaches, depending on which angle you use them.
DK is screwed defensively and offensively.
i shouldnt need to explain this.

people are just pissed at the thread title, but 666s TL is better then the ones i see/play from these boards.
They all try the same "imah fire ma arroes til u dead, nd back air if that don work"
but who gives a ****, lets all kill ourselves

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Ummm... Dude, you know there is button delay, YOU KNOW THAT! Hence, understood conditions of play, a john. You play with a bad controller, don't john, you know what you did. Seriously.

Whut? is right, the bomb drops are for pressure, but most of you prolly didn't play Melee so you don't know what's up with pressure yet.

As for the spot dodging... You are right, but it works don't it? Spamming peach's downsmash is noobish, and not that great of a technique, but for some strange reason it works right? But perhaps TOO much is a bad thing... (I guess I agree)

And finally, did I not post one of my Peach vs. his TL, cuz that should prove his TL is pretty good, considering how he handles the match.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
follow the crowd, opinions are stoopid when you make them yourself.
who said a bomb shouldnt be in your hand at all times?
dont you know about setups? If you mained link in melee youd know what im talking about.
the "random bombs" arent so random, they force your opponent into tight places. once theyre in these situiations you can profit. Same with arrows and boomerang.
all TLs projectiles are used to block approaches, depending on which angle you use them.
DK is screwed defensively and offensively.
i shouldnt need to explain this.

people are just pissed at the thread title, but 666s TL is better then the ones i see/play from these boards.
They all try the same "imah fire ma arroes til u dead, nd back air if that don work"
but who gives a ****, lets all kill ourselves
exactly, the bombs are setups, that was a well written Reply Whut, as for anyone saying that the DK sucked, thats the best one ive seen, so if you want some of me or that DK or Dark MEow, you can add our friend code. TL is a counter for DK and its quite obvious. And if you got a better Toon Link, then bring it to the table instead of trolling from the safety net that is the internet (for more about trolling see Dark Meow, even though hes part of the crew, ,he trolls worse than LOTR) ^_^

anyone down for a mass suicide? lets drink poison punch!

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
smashboards has gotten lame over the years, everyone wants to talk trash, but nobody wants to play and back it up. if you think i suck "blahj blah blah! you suck! whyd you do that? you suicide too much!" cry me a river. Get online, stop gettin your John on and get your a$$ whooped! I LOVE YOU ALL!

im gonna kill myself now (i cant end a post without suicide!)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
People who think online play is valid should stop posting =\

JesiahTEG

Smash Master

whut?

Smash Journeyman
edit- ok jesiah, you came across as rude to me
(so did pretty much everyone else who posted) but you get my point already.

you guys talk **** like you have skill, yet you refuse to put forth any evidence of this rumored skill. Thus any statement you make is invalid, for all i know you could be a child who goes into basic brawls and mashes buttons.

nobody said online was valid either. online is a way to show your playstyle, even if laggy matches DO occur. Your playstyle does not change solely on the fact that the match is online.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Um...Look in the video thread, last page...I posted videos of me vs Kirk...His DK. Kirk is amazing, his DK is an example of a good DK.

Huh? Dude, are you serious? Let's go over my quote, let's analyze it section by section.

Section 1-"Um...Look in the video thread, last page..."- So, first I tell you to look in the video thread.
Section 2-"I posted videos of me vs Kirk...His DK."-Next, I inform you that the video will be vs A Donkey Kong player.
Section 3-"Kirk is amazing, his DK is an example of a good DK."- Lastly, I let you know that my opponent, Kirk, is amazing, and that his Donkey Kong is an example of a good Donkey Kong, unlike the videos in which were posted in this thread.

I never said I was good dude, I merely wanted to show the difference between a good DK and a not so good DK...I didn't mean any offense at all, don't take it personally, but I just wanted to show the difference between a DK that knows the matchup and a DK that doesn't.

And I'm pretty sure you're the only one here that thinks I'm elitist...I really try and help everybody as much as I can.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Jesiah, I know you are trying to help, but it did come across rude or insulting because you made a blatent comparison of DKs (one of which being our crew member).

Now, Kirk might be good, however the best DK's in the DK thread, along with several other players, all agree 7734 is one of the best DKs right now. Check it out, seriously, I just post a lot of matches where we were just fooling around. I'm going to get around to posting some serious matches for you guys, so you get a good idea of what's going on.

And btw, anyone who uses online for johns should stop playing smash bros. or quit spreading the john. It's like poison.

@Dave :: We can't find any of your matches. Don't reply to this. Just AIM me sometime, and we will record some GOOD matches with you, alright? (retorical alright, don't respond in this thread... It's too suspicious...)

EDIT::: :::: Also, please, if you say someone sucks, and they wish to defend themselves, play them or stop talking, please. This is directed at no one, more of a bulletin.

zaf

Smash Lord
Teg's toon link > antichrist's toon link

The dk sucked, lets face it. You cant say the toon link is good when he is playing a ****ty opponent. Its like beating up a 2 yr old and saying you are a boxing legend.

The bomb usage by 666 was ok at best. Other then that he wasnt that great either.

Now i would love to post my toon link, marth, kirby or any other chars i play up with videos. But you noob people like 666 and meow will look at it and say " you didn't play much better" or similar things. Why is this? because you can not see the transition between good and bad. You can not tell the difference between tactics and strategy. My toon link is campy, but it is effective and works, i barely lose lives. You will just say i am a campy noob and am boring, but in reality i would pwn you and the strat is effective. You do what it takes to win, and if that is my method of beating someone then it is viable.

teg, i have seen in various other threads ands posts. He is almost on the same page as me i would say when it comes to toon link. So i am sure he knows what he is talking about, seeing as he knows what it does take to win.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok Dark Meow, post those serious videos...Because it doesn't make sense to post videos that don't matter....Show your true skill y'know?

Also, Kirk really is amazing...I don't need to hear what anyone says about 7337, but from the vids I've seen he doesn't seem good.

Get those vids up.

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
smashboards has gotten lame over the years, everyone wants to talk trash, but nobody wants to play and back it up. if you think i suck "blahj blah blah! you suck! whyd you do that? you suicide too much!" cry me a river. Get online, stop gettin your John on and get your a$$ whooped! I LOVE YOU ALL!

im gonna kill myself now (i cant end a post without suicide!)

right.... dont get angry at us. we get a post saying omfg amazing tl and well, it wasn't that good. maybe from now on people can give constructive criticism. please dont take these personally.

zaf

Smash Lord
Ok Dark Meow, post those serious videos...Because it doesn't make sense to post videos that don't matter....Show your true skill y'know?

Also, Kirk really is amazing...I don't need to hear what anyone says about 7337, but from the vids I've seen he doesn't seem good.

Get those vids up.
rofl. qft.

seriously though, why bother posting videos of players not at their best. it makes no sense. I have never seen anything good from 7337 either.

Also, the whole online play **** is getting really dumb now. You stupid n00bs find it valid to play online and consider it to be really great matches. It is not johning to say online sucks, because it really does. You can not play to your full potential, and lag really is a problem. Try getting the dancing blade to work every single time with marth during a match, wont' happen. The lag messes up the timing.

If there is any outside source that is influencing the game play, then it is not considered to be competitive/pro. Lag influences a lot of matches, and for the worse. Therefore it will never be as competitive or considered valid in the pro scene.

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
Check it out, seriously, I just post a lot of matches where we were just fooling around. I'm going to get around to posting some serious matches for you guys, so you get a good idea of what's going on.
that would be a good idea instead of posting about an amazing toon link and getting defensive when we say it aint so

Also, please, if you say someone sucks, and they wish to defend themselves, play them or stop talking, please. This is directed at no one, more of a bulletin
you should never say somebody sucks just because they want to share with the smash community or get friendly advice, however if you post omfg amazing tl and its not amazing then you should expect to get critisized. its not always possible to play someone over wifi anyways.

@zaf: there was hardly any lag in those matches they sent. even if there is lag, you can still get a good idea of someone skill level

QUIVO

Smash Master
You think i'm following the crowd? lol

There is nothing amazing about that Toon Link. Take it as criticism.

Ill play you

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
The music made my ears bleed. Everyone should tell him how to get better instead of bashing him. what is this place coming to?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
The music made my ears bleed. Everyone should tell him how to get better instead of bashing him. what is this place coming to?
What do you mean what is this place coming to? People just got a little upset, that's all...It happens every once in a while, even within our beloved Toon Link boards. xD

And, FYI, I did give him advice...I said to stop spotdodging.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Teg's toon link > antichrist's toon link

The dk sucked, lets face it. You cant say the toon link is good when he is playing a ****ty opponent. Its like beating up a 2 yr old and saying you are a boxing legend.

The bomb usage by 666 was ok at best. Other then that he wasnt that great either.

Now i would love to post my toon link, marth, kirby or any other chars i play up with videos. But you noob people like 666 and meow will look at it and say " you didn't play much better" or similar things. Why is this? because you can not see the transition between good and bad. You can not tell the difference between tactics and strategy. My toon link is campy, but it is effective and works, i barely lose lives. You will just say i am a campy noob and am boring, but in reality i would pwn you and the strat is effective. You do what it takes to win, and if that is my method of beating someone then it is viable.

teg, i have seen in various other threads ands posts. He is almost on the same page as me i would say when it comes to toon link. So i am sure he knows what he is talking about, seeing as he knows what it does take to win.
Wow, you are the worst smasher I've ever seen. Do people even like to hang out with you in person, prink? Anyways, I see your mouth going on and on and on, but I see no game coming from you. Talk **** all you want, but as far as I'm concerned, you are lame at this game, and you have no advice worth taking. Way to suck at the internet, troll.

Get those vids up.
7734 and Anti-Christ will get the vids up soon. Don't provide peer pressure, I can't handle it.

rofl. qft.

seriously though, why bother posting videos of players not at their best. it makes no sense. I have never seen anything good from 7337 either.

Also, the whole online play **** is getting really dumb now. You stupid n00bs find it valid to play online and consider it to be really great matches. It is not johning to say online sucks, because it really does. You can not play to your full potential, and lag really is a problem. Try getting the dancing blade to work every single time with marth during a match, wont' happen. The lag messes up the timing.

If there is any outside source that is influencing the game play, then it is not considered to be competitive/pro. Lag influences a lot of matches, and for the worse. Therefore it will never be as competitive or considered valid in the pro scene.
I'm sorry, I forgot the part where you were pro, n00b. Sometimes you noobs forget what PC Chris tries to teach, DON'T PLAY THIS GAME TO BE THE BEST, PLAY IT TO HAVE FUN! It's a ****ing video game, not a lifestyle. You'll never see improvement if you can't satisfy entertainment needs with a video game...

You think i'm following the crowd? lol

There is nothing amazing about that Toon Link. Take it as criticism.

Ill play you
Alright, at least 1 person out of the whole god **** thread will play. QUIVO, your TL is good to, anti christ will play you tonight. And so will I, because my Peach is terrible, which no one seemed to comment on....

Yeah, but shoulda coulda woulda, right? Thanks for pointing this out, though I doubt anyone will listen at all.

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
Um...Look in the video thread, last page...I posted videos of me vs Kirk...His DK. Kirk is amazing, his DK is an example of a good DK.

Nvm, here they are.

JesiahTEG vs Kirk 1- http://youtube.com/watch?v=QBDDjfJJi4w
JesiahTEG vs Kirk 2- http://youtube.com/watch?v=croYaECJ-lg
JesiahTEG vs Kirk 3- http://youtube.com/watch?v=rnmxzQE_x-I
JesiahTEG vs Kirk 4- http://youtube.com/watch?v=OhAJntRdusQ
JesiahTEG vs Kirk 5- http://youtube.com/watch?v=J-5wPMXpdLU
yeah, you guys are both good, i said that in the other toon link video thread. TL needs more bomb game, and that DK plays just like 7734.....you guys do the same mistakes as any other good palyers, suicide deaths from trying to get spikes with toon link is a common mishap. I dont see what makes these vids any more impressive than the ones we have posted. like i said before, i really want to play you guys....as for everyone else saying im average, im def not amazing, Dark Meow likes to start epic threads so he tags stuff as "amazing" when its just some good friendlies.

But if you seriously think i suck, then get online and play me, ill record it, and put a vid of me getting sandbag by all you super badasses claiming i suck, then everyone will be happy ^_^

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'll be more than happy to play Anti-Christs TL too, just tell me when.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't mean to come off as a ****, I was just stating my opinion. I can't play tonight, but I might be able to tomorrow night or tuesday if that's cool

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Are any of you guys going to Critical Hit 3? If then, we can play there, get some good Dittos in cuz I suck at them xD

But, I'll play any DK's you throw at me and I'm confident in that matchup. xD

Antichrist

Smash Cadet
I don't mean to come off as a ****, I was just stating my opinion. I can't play tonight, but I might be able to tomorrow night or tuesday if that's cool
yeah dood! we should def get some matches in, ill register you now, we're online frequently! Ill record some TL dittos when we play! it will make for some long matches im sure

what's your brawl code?

Coselm

Smash Ace
Lol I want to get in on the TL matches too. I wouldn't mind playing 66 or QUIVO again, or anyone else.

I haven't watched 666s videos yet, but I've heard the name everywhere on the TL forums so I'm sure he's not super garbage.

I wish I had a capture card so I could upload some videos of my TL.

So if anyone wants some matches against my TL or if they can help me get my matches online I would appreciate much.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
someone close this thread it has become rubbish. can we get serious now.....peach or zamus????
Peach def girlfriend... wait...

Well, I see people playing where they talked that's good ^.^

And everything I tag is amazing, weather it's good or bad, it holds that attribute. I'll hopefully get a couple matches in with all of you as well. My Peach loves Toon Link, romanticly.

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
Peach def girlfriend... wait...

Well, I see people playing where they talked that's good ^.^

And everything I tag is amazing, weather it's good or bad, it holds that attribute. I'll hopefully get a couple matches in with all of you as well. My Peach loves Toon Link, romanticly.
my internet is down at the moment:( when it's fixed then yeah i would like to have a game.:psycho::dizzy::laugh::bee::);):laugh::bee::confused::psycho::ohwell:

Top Bottom