• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (Title TBD) Creation Thread - CONTINUATION!!!

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Metal_luigi.png

Metal Luigi Aka Silver Luigi
Why not give Metal Mario a bro of his own, plus Silver Luigi also appeared in NSMB2 so there are some origins to reference, maybe make him Green Silver Luigi

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #33: Invader Zim Moveset
Gimmick: PAK
E2C0C693-EC27-48C1-B1A9-4D82C5D2B4EA.jpeg

Sketch by laurenkoi (Amino)

Invader Zim will have a charge up meter for his PAK at the bottom of the screen. When it charges up, Zim will be raised up and have full access to his PAK’s spider legs (4 in total). For every attack, his spider legs will help him in some way to double damage. The spider legs will be able to stick to different surfaces like walls. Lastly, the spider legs will also increase Zim’s jump height. Eventually, the PAK meter will go down to zero and the process will restart again.

Neutral Special: PAK Laser
IMG_5914.jpeg

Zim will charge up two lasers from his PAK and unleash them at opponents.

Side Special: Fetch Gir
IMG_5918.png

Zim will throw a little piggy doll across the stage, causing Gir to chase after it. Fighters who get in the way will be launched out of the way into the air.

Up Special: Spider Legs
IMG_5916.jpeg

Two spider legs from Zim’s PAK will cause Zim to jump into the air, while slashing it’s claws. Any opponent that gets near it’s claws will take damage.

Down Special: Lawn Gnome
IMG_5915.png

Zim will place a lawn gnome down on the ground. The lawn gnome will begin to move around and fire small lasers at the nearest opponents, until it gets destroyed or falls off the stage.

Final Smash: A Room with a Moose
IMG_5922.jpeg

A giant flying school bus will fly right past Zim, picking up anyone that gets in it’s way, before being sucked into a wormhole. Three quick scenes will be shown on screen: one with the moose in the room, one with pieces of the bus on the floor, and the final one with the moose chewing fighters in it’s mouth. These scenes will all play with the sounds of chewing noises. It will end with a wormhole opening up on the ground, launching fighters out into the air.
Invader Zim and Optimus Prime moveset submissions will continue for a few more hours!

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
My Invader Zim moveset will be chosen. Optimus Prime still doesn’t have a full fighter moveset yet. If anyone wants to submit one, you can still do it. The only requirements are to have both specials and a final smash.

Job #34: Submit a stage for Invader Zim or Optimus Prime

You can submit a stage for Invader Zim, Optimus Prime, or both of them. Describe what the stage is and how it would work. What cameos or hazards would there be as well?

Job #34:
Stage For Optimus Prime:
Cybertron (Transformers):

The layout of Stage is Metallic Flat Platform, where it travels throught whole Cybertron.
The Cameos are Bumblebee, Grimlock, Sideswipe, Arcee and Drift are spectating the Battle on Platform.

The Stage Hazard is Deceptitron Attack, where Megatron in Background attacks the Stage with his blasts from Cannon that give you high Damage.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #34: Zim’s Observatory (Invader Zim)
C9308E90-02F1-4774-8BF0-CAF5728372C1.png

The stage takes place inside Zim’s base, down to Zim’s observatory room. Zim’s screen could show the Tallest’s ship in space and Dib’s house. Dib could be seen sneaking around Zim’s lair, while Gir (if Zim is not on screen) and Mini Moose fool around with the computer. For stage hazards, Zim’s fake parents could go haywire and begin to attack Zim’s technology and fighters on the stage.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Stage submissions for Invader Zim and Optimus Prime are now over! Cybertron and Zim’s Observatory will be selected! Congratulations to Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds and evanwoo10 evanwoo10 !

Job #35: Submit up to two newcomer character prompts (voting might start a couple of hours early)

You can submit either one or two prompts for this job! When submitting newcomer prompts, try to think about what you think our roster needs or is lacking. You are allowed to submit past newcomer prompts as well. The top three character prompts will be chosen. The highest voted prompt will get two characters into the roster and the rest will get one.
• a second rep
• a movie character
• a action cartoon character

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
Entering in late with…
A character made in a non-traditional animation style, neither regular 2D or CGI (ex: stop-motion, collage/paper, etc.)

A character from a non-represented animation studio.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for newcomer prompts will now begin!

• A character from a 2D animated movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A character who was made in a country that isn’t America or Japan Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule
• A character from a Newgrounds Animated Series (Like Web Animation Character from earlier job, but now from Newgrounds) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
• A character, who comes from 18+ animated series, but can be Toned Down Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
• A character made in a non-traditional animation style, neither regular 2D or CGI (ex: stop-motion, collage/paper, etc.) AlRex AlRex
• A character from a non-represented animation studio AlRex AlRex
• A character from a slice of life series Mamboo07 Mamboo07
• A character from Adult Swim Mamboo07 Mamboo07
• A clone characters JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
• A character from an animated music video JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691
• A character heavily associated with memes evanwoo10 evanwoo10
• A character that originated from Cartoon Network evanwoo10 evanwoo10
• A character from an anime that does not have a manga cashregister9 cashregister9
• A character from an indie animation cashregister9 cashregister9

Vote for your top three favorites! You can vote for your own submission in second or third place. First place is three points, second place is two points, and third place is one point. Only three prompts will be selected for this job.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Not American or Japanese
Non-represented studio
Animated music video

D

Deleted member

1. Non-traditional animation
2. Non-American or Japanese
3. Animated Music Video

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Voting for our first two newcomer prompts are now over!

• A character from a 2D animated movie Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 6 votes
• A character who was made in a country that isn’t America or Japan Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule - 10 votes
• A character from a Newgrounds Animated Series (Like Web Animation Character from earlier job, but now from Newgrounds) Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 7 votes
• A character, who comes from 18+ animated series, but can be Toned Down Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds - 2 votes
• A character made in a non-traditional animation style, neither regular 2D or CGI (ex: stop-motion, collage/paper, etc.) AlRex AlRex - 8 votes
• A character from a non-represented animation studio AlRex AlRex - 5 votes
• A character from a slice of life series Mamboo07 Mamboo07 - 8 votes
• A character from Adult Swim Mamboo07 Mamboo07 - 0 votes
• A clone characters JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 1 vote
• A character from an animated music video JOJONumber691 JOJONumber691 - 5 votes
• A character heavily associated with memes evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 9 votes
• A character that originated from Cartoon Network evanwoo10 evanwoo10 - 5 votes
• A character from an anime that does not have a manga cashregister9 cashregister9 - 0 votes
• A character from an indie animation cashregister9 cashregister9 - 0 votes

Non-American or Japanese character and Meme Associated character will be our first two newcomer prompts! Congratulations to Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule , evanwoo10 evanwoo10 , and thanks to everyone who participated!

Also, we have a tie for the third newcomer prompt, between a Non-Traditional Animation character (by AlRex AlRex ) and a Slice of Life character (by Mamboo07 Mamboo07 )! Below is a poll to vote for which newcomer prompt will be selected!

Job #36: Submit a character who was made in a country that isn’t America or Japan (submission by Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )

Make sure to explain who the character is, how they could work, how they can be appropriate and censorable (only if they are a adult/mature cartoon or anime character), and why they deserve to be in our game! This is our highest voted prompt, so two characters will be joining the roster, instead of one!

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Moimintroll (The Moomins)
1632080770443.png

For this job I wanted to pick a character that’s not really very well-known in america but very popular elsewhere and so I picked moomintroll from The Moomins. From what I can tell, it’s a very popular children’s series in scandanavia and so I think it would be cool to represent it in this thread. I know very little about the series but from what I can tell, he would fight with pretty ordinary things, like smash’s Villager.

Gumball (TAWOG)

Gumball would be cool pick for the Animation Smash, since his episodes are Slice of Life genre, so why not Him? Perhaps he would use his Moves as Attacks for this Game. Gumball is well known Worldwide due to photo-realistic aesthetic in universe and also Random Styled Characters that would fit as Background Characters.

BTW, he has British Origins, so it makes Sense.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wallace and Gromit

Wallace and Gromit are two of Britain's most beloved characters and would represent
Aardman Animations, a veteran animation studio with a long legacy. They would likely have a wacky playstyle, using a lot of Wallace's inventions, while Gromit tries to keep him out of trouble as usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Ladybug (Miraculous Ladybug)

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, or Ladybug, is a Ladybug themed superhero from the show Miraculous Ladybug, a popular french cartoon series that has been dubbed and localized in several languages.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Job #36: Masha and Bear (Masha and the Bear)
827E9FED-C620-472F-A93D-531AE26AF7F9.png

Masha and the Bear is a Russian animated series for children. The show is about a girl named Masha that goes on many adventures with her best friend, Bear. Even though it doesn’t get talked about a lot, compared to the other big children shows, it’s still really popular. Fun fact, one of it’s episodes is the eighth most viewed video on YouTube (I am not joking), with over four billion views. Masha and Bear could be a duo fighter and use different shenanigans from their show to attack.

Character submissions will end in two hours!

Last edited:
After I realized that Gumball was Made in America, I decided to Make someone else:
Johnny Test (Johnny Test)

Johnny Test is a character from Canadian Animated Series called by his Name. He would Duo fighter with Duke the Dog, where Johnny Focuses on Projectiles, while Duke the Dog focuses on Close Combat Attacks. And while Johnny or Duke attacks, the Whip Crack sound plays while hitting someone. The gimmick would be Tag Team, that swaps the Character who are you playing (We have a Dipper and Mabel as Duo character, but who cares? They would differ from them)

The Inclusion of Him and Duke would be cool, since He would Represent Canadian Animation, which he appeared on Teletoon Canada. That would be cool if he was playable in Animated Smash, beside his inclusions, I would state that he deserves a Spot for Battle, since he was Character of my Childhood Cartoon that was airing in Poland on Cartoon Network. Good ol' days.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
After I realized that Gumball was Made in America, I decided to Make someone else:
Johnny Test (Johnny Test)

Johnny Test is a character from Canadian Animated Series called by his Name. He would Duo fighter with Duke the Dog, where Johnny Focuses on Projectiles, while Duke the Dog focuses on Close Combat Attacks. And while Johnny or Duke attacks, the Whip Crack sound plays while hitting someone. The gimmick would be Tag Team, that swaps the Character who are you playing (We have a Dipper and Mabel as Duo character, but who cares? They would differ from them)

The Inclusion of Him and Duke would be cool, since He would Represent Canadian Animation, which he appeared on Teletoon Canada. That would be cool if he was playable in Animated Smash, beside his inclusions, I would state that he deserves a Spot for Battle, since he was Character of my Childhood Cartoon that was airing in Poland on Cartoon Network.

(I didn't Meant to submit 2 Characters at once, but by Mistake by submitted a Character from Slice of Life and I realized later that actual job was meant to be about Characters from Non-Japan and Non-American animations, so I picked Johnny Test)

Please Read to Disclaimer above the Last Message if you missed.
Gumball had British origins

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
How about I submit gumball and you submit jonny test, that way everyone can be happy.
Gumball (TAWOG)

Gumball would be cool pick for the Animation Smash, since his episodes are Slice of Life genre, so why not Him? Perhaps he would use his Moves as Attacks for this Game. Gumball is well known Worldwide due to photo-realistic aesthetic in universe and also Random Styled Characters that would fit as Background Characters.

BTW, he has British Origins, so it makes Sense.

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
Are submissions still happening? I only ask because my time zone is different. I wish I discovered this sooner because, like the Newgrounds Smash clone, this has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Are submissions still happening? I only ask because my time zone is different. I wish I discovered this sooner because, like the Newgrounds Smash clone, this has a lot of potential.
I will leave submissions open for fifteen minutes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom