• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
Ack, the PC crew is invading this thread!

And I'm not sure if Game Freak would allow them to use a Pokemon in AC.

Also, because of the Virtual Console or whatever it's called, I really doubt that NES games will be in it. :(

...Maybe Game Boy games? How cool would that be!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Pokemon item - Either a Pokeball or a Pikachu doll.

Metroid item - Well, I already have a pretty awesome metroid pattern on Wild World, but a stuffed Metroid would be awesome. Though it is unlikely, because of Metroids unpopulatrity in Japan.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Ack, the PC crew is invading this thread!

And I'm not sure if Game Freak would allow them to use a Pokemon in AC.

Also, because of the Virtual Console or whatever it's called, I really doubt that NES games will be in it. :(

...Maybe Game Boy games? How cool would that be!
CHAAARRGGE!! :laugh:

Neither do I. Though it would be cool I would say the odds are very slim.

I know :(. I loved those games to bad Nintendo is money crazy...

Gamboy games could work! I think they could but again I'm going to say the chances are low IMO.

Pokemon item - Either a Pokeball or a Pikachu doll.

Metroid item - Well, I already have a pretty awesome metroid pattern on Wild World, but a stuffed Metroid would be awesome. Though it is unlikely, because of Metroids unpopulatrity in Japan.
Pokemon Item- Yep. Those seem like they would fit the best

Metroid- How about a samus action figure that when you touch it turns to a ball :O

Puddin

Smash Lord
Only inside your house? How about it can go outside but not passed the brick ground on the entrence to your house.

That'd be pretty cool, to be able to decorate the outside of your house with more then flowers.

I'd like to see Brawl related items, though most of it would be about the characters and that would already be in there as items about their respective franchises... What about Pikmin Statues to put in your house? I'd love that :laugh: Although if they started to put so many items based on other games it would start feeling a little akward, maybe.

I still think a Smash Ball item would own... Or an assist trophy thing. It wouldn't do anything, but it'd look cool
You don't think an Assist Trophy item that when activated opens with a random Assist Trophy from Brawl would be asking for too much would it?

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Although if they started to put so many items based on other games it would start feeling a little akward, maybe.
Yeah, with all of the suggestions coming up I'm starting to think that myself. I say no to Brawl-related items. Not just because I think the game is a party game and good for nothing more, but because it's just overdoing it. Keep the Mario set, keep the Triforce + Master Sword, the Arwing, the two logos, the Metroid, and don't add anything more. The last thing I'd want to see Animal Crossing become is a fest of every Nintendo item you can think of.

They're really nice cameo apperances. Cameo apperances should not be more than a select few items.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yeah, with all of the suggestions coming up I'm starting to think that myself. I say no to Brawl-related items. Not just because I think the game is a party game and good for nothing more, but because it's just overdoing it. Keep the Mario set, keep the Triforce + Master Sword, the Arwing, the two logos, the Metroid, and don't add anything more. The last thing I'd want to see Animal Crossing become is a fest of every Nintendo item you can think of.

They're really nice cameo apperances. Cameo apperances should not be more than a select few items.
These are the original core titles, which is probably why they should just stick to those items being in Animal Crossing although a lot of great new core titles have come out adding an item from every single one would take away the value of the select items already in AC, although would it kill them to add a Kid Icarus item? No wait, they already killed themselves at E3.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
No wait, they already killed themselves at E3.
This is so sad, yet so true.

Right now, Animal Crossing is the only thing keeping me from losing my sanity, with the lack of anything promising from Nintendo other than it. Even that is hardly doing so. Every video game franchise and company I used to love is dying. Nintendo is dead, and most of their franchises have been reduced to everything the casuals want and less. Sega has screwed Sonic up in just about every way possible, with the Werehog and now him becoming a knight. It...urgh! Why does this have to happen to me? Casual gamers make me cry. Like, seriously cry.

Puddin

Smash Lord
So do they have a site like the Dojo announcing new things for this? Or is this thread going to be left to speculation and people saying how excited they are.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
So do they have a site like the Dojo announcing new things for this? Or is this thread going to be left to speculation and people saying how excited they are.
Probably the latter.

I'm not excited about this game at all. It looks exactly like AC for the Gamecube, except you can go into the city, which completely ruins the feel of the game.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Probably the latter.

I'm not excited about this game at all. It looks exactly like AC for the Gamecube, except you can go into the city, which completely ruins the feel of the game.

I'm really really really really really really really glad it's like AC for the Gamecube. I didn't like AC:WW at all.

derek.haines

Smash Ace

I'm really really really really really really really glad it's like AC for the Gamecube. I didn't like AC:WW at all.
AC:WW > AC GCN any day, but that's neither here nor there.

There doesn't appear to be a "dojo" set up for this game quite yet, but there is that random Animal Crossing Times website apparently still dedicated to the Gamecube version...

That's support right there.

Ørion

Smash Ace
On youtube, the account "acityfolk" has posted lots of videos with the promise of more, so it might be worth it to subscribe to him/her if you want updates as they happen.

By the way derek.haines, the original > WW. (Sorry lol, had to say it)

smash inc

Smash Cadet
I hope this game has like some new stuff besides cooking like make a bigger city more shops. more clothes,hats,accesories like new stuff shoes,pants, not just a shirt and thats all.
It better not be like its the same as animal crossing for GC just its on the wii.. and they added mii's and cooking there'd be no point they need to have something creative.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
R.O.B. is in every game, if only in spirit. I would've given him up in Brawl for Tom Nook though. That would have been epic.
Haha, yeah. Even though I love ROB (he's so misunderstood by all the bitter fanboys who didn't get their favorite character in and blame him for it), Tom Nook beating the crap out of someone with a bag of bells would've been hilarious. Maybe he could even be like the Ice Climbers except with 3 instead of 2, and Timmy and Tommy follow him around. Or maybe they just follow you around like they normally do...

But I'm getting off-topic.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Time to get back on topic!

What items/furniture sets do you guys want to see return?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Nintendo ones, and I want to see it expanded upon. More series represented, and alot more items.
Ditto. I especially fond of the modern sets, myself. But, the blue, cabana, and ranch sets were also part of the original (as far as I can think of) so those should return to.

Puddin

Smash Lord

Kind of an odd question considering you'll be able to transfer your AC:WW items to AC:CF, but I guess you mean the original Gamecube version...which most of the items were on AC:WW.

The Nintendo ones, and I want to see it expanded upon. More series represented, and alot more items.

I said earlier, it would be nice to have more Nintendo series represented on Animal Crossing but if they just started adding items from all of their first party games then the items would become unoriginal, and lose their rarity. Not to mention if Nintendo items were common because there were so many you would lose all bragging rights to having, lets say Olimars Spaceship because your friend has a giant Nintendo logo spread across his room.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lulz

I like starting over every AC game. I just want to be able to transfer single items so I can get all my nintendo items to me AC:CF

Puddin

Smash Lord
Lulz

I like starting over every AC game. I just want to be able to transfer single items so I can get all my nintendo items to me AC:CF
hehe, we'll just have to wait and see how the Item Transfer system works out. Wether you have to add them all, choose which ones go, or maybe there is a limit to how many you can add (which would suck)

Moy

Where's the coffee cake?
Slippi.gg
MOY#56
They showed the trailer at E3. Of course, everyone is aware of that.

I have the first one for the Cube, and I played it for a while. Then, like a lot of games I have played, it got boring. So, not lookin' out for this one, I'm afraid.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Honestly, short of a few specific items (Master Sword, ect) I don't want to see any returning sets. I want loads of new items. :urg:

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Well, new items are a given. Or at least, hopefully they are.

I want to see a few of my favorite sets return though (in other words, the modern set!). What kind of themes do you think there would be for a new set?

M.K

Level 55
All the "not really sets" items like the Teddy Bears and the Apple Clocks need to be SETS. I want a whole room devoted to cuddly wuddly bears and fruit-themed items!

If they replaced the "colored" sets with the abilty to PAINT the furniture, that would be FINE BY ME.

Top Bottom