• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing City Folk

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
To paint...

Maybe they could give you the option to put more than one pattern up on the wall. Like, you could make a mural.

That would be cool.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If they replaced the "colored" sets with the abilty to PAINT the furniture, that would be FINE BY ME.
That would be great. Maybe you could bring any furniture into Tom Nook and pay a fee to edit it, by choosing an overall color or maybe even placing your own patterns on furniture. Of course, this would probably have to have the same effect on furniture as it does with patterns -- placing it in your house wouldn't count as part of a set. Because then you could have the entire modern set, but half of it's painted neon green and the other half magenta and that just...clashes, so that'd defeat the purpose of the sets.

To paint...

Maybe they could give you the option to put more than one pattern up on the wall. Like, you could make a mural.

That would be cool.
That would be great. It'd be really nice if you could place patterns on both the wall and the floor like you can on the ground outside -- selectively.
I'd also like to see an option to cover your entire town with a single pattern. It takes waaay too long to do that if you try to make your town a water town, or a lava town, or something like that. If you want to stop it right before the ocean, have stepping stones, whatever, in your town you'll have to do that separately, but it'd take longer to remove + replace than cover 90% of the town in the first place.

One more thing; I really think the design editing needs to be completely redesigned.

Colors: You need to either be able to use all of the pallettes in one design (so it displays only a few colors on the screen at a time, but when you switch to the next pattern to see the colors there the colors you already have down won't change) or just give you all of the colors at once. You can hardly do anything with the meager color selection in place now.

Viewing: You need to be able to test out your pattern while you're making it. Put it on your clothes, spread it across the floor or walls, or make it an umbrella. Otherwise you may finish it and you'll have paid the 350 Bells for it and have to go back and edit it for another 350 Bells.

Storage: You need to have more space for designs, and there should be a way to access designs by people which are not on display. I can't recall exactly, but I believe there was a way to store designs that you weren't carrying in the original Animal Crossing. No such system exists in Wild World, so you have to create multiple characters to get all of the designs stored, and then after not playing it for a while you have to go in and check to find the person with the design you want. Once you finish a design, it should ask you if you want to make the design public or not. If it's public, it goes into an album or something that everyone can access and take designs from. If not, only the creator may access it (unless they put it on display in the shop). The point of the designs put up for display would be that those are the only ones that animals can wear.
I doubt the accessibility part will be done, but hey, I can wish, can't I?

Puddin

Smash Lord
All the "not really sets" items like the Teddy Bears and the Apple Clocks need to be SETS. I want a whole room devoted to cuddly wuddly bears and fruit-themed items!

If they replaced the "colored" sets with the abilty to PAINT the furniture, that would be FINE BY ME.
Not to mention the fact that the "Panda Bear" In AC:WW Is green. Why the hell would I want a green panda?

Amide

Smash Lord
Is everyone here getting Wii Speak? It's pretty expensive, but it seems worth it to me. I think it would be so much quicker than typing.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Is everyone here getting Wii Speak? It's pretty expensive, but it seems worth it to me. I think it would be so much quicker than typing.
I probably will. I just hate how it's a voice chat were the whole room can hear it. I would rather have it be like the X-Box 360's voice chat.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I am gonna get Wii Speak as well. Hopefully it won't be TOO expensive but whatever. "Ore ga Zero da"

the Lexx

Smash Apprentice
I probably will. I just hate how it's a voice chat were the whole room can hear it. I would rather have it be like the X-Box 360's voice chat.
There'll probably be a headset not too soon after it comes out. If Nintendo doesn't do it, a 3rd party will.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'll be playing with my sound off online, for fear of 10-year-olds cursing as much as they can for no reason. I'll just be typing on my keyboard asking for anybody who plays typing.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'll be playing with my sound off online, for fear of 10-year-olds cursing as much as they can for no reason. I'll just be typing on my keyboard asking for anybody who plays typing.
Couldn't you just play with people that you know aren't 10? I mean, that would annoy me a lot, what you described, but that alone shouldn't stop you.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think that the whole city area will be like a community type thing. I dunno. Maybe there will be a room where everybody can go to to talk and stuff. Don't ask me.

But still -- I don't want to here any cursing 10-year-olds.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I have an urge to write into Nintendo Power and yell at them for how they make all their games meant as "party games" or to be played with a bunch of other people, the WiiSpeak only shows this more. As someone who usually plays games alone, it pisses me off that they market their games towards people who play together. So great, I get ignored for being a gamer and feel even more like crap because I usually don't play with other people (my friends and I don't hang out all that much).

i'm gunna wait a bit before i get wiispeak. i'm gunna see if usb headsets work, if thats the case i'd be getting that instead
That's a good idea...I'll do that. I can type messages in the mean time. I don't want that whole WiiSpeak junk, nor do I want to support Nintendo for something so stupid. If I can circumvent it, I will.

Just in case anyone missed it, yes, I do hate the WiiSpeak.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I have an urge to write into Nintendo Power and yell at them for how they make all their games meant as "party games" or to be played with a bunch of other people, the WiiSpeak only shows this more. As someone who usually plays games alone, it pisses me off that they market their games towards people who play together. So great, I get ignored for being a gamer and feel even more like crap because I usually don't play with other people (my friends and I don't hang out all that much).

That's a good idea...I'll do that. I can type messages in the mean time. I don't want that whole WiiSpeak junk, nor do I want to support Nintendo for something so stupid. If I can circumvent it, I will.

Just in case anyone missed it, yes, I do hate the WiiSpeak.
They showcased it as a party game, because that's the main "innovation" added to it, but that does not restrict it to that type of game. It's obvious that AC:CF can be played solo just like the original AC in just about every regard, with great, new features. It's made so that it can be played both off and online. No need to gripe over it. If ye hate a peripheral or feature, just ignore it.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Animal Crossing/ Wii Speak package is $70 while buying them separate would be $80.

Cant wait to get it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'm still debating whether or not I'm going to go online with AC:CF at all. It was never any fun in Wild World, so you have a friend in your town, big deal you can't do anything and all your friends ever do is cut down your trees and buy the rare items from the store you wanted.

So unless they add some fun new aspect to the online mode, I probably won't be on WiFi with my freinds anytime soon.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh god, shoot me now.

The game's been renamed (in Australia only, so concider yourself lucky) to "Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city!"

Sigh...

XACE-K

Smash Master
Oh god, shoot me now.

The game's been renamed (in Australia only, so concider yourself lucky) to "Animal Crossing: Let's go to the city!"

Sigh...
Wow, that really sucks. How about you cross out the last part on the game box and change it to City Folk.

Amide

Smash Lord
Oh god, shoot me now.

Sigh...
Wow... That seriously sucks. Why the shell did they do that?

jigglyppuff8

Smash Lord
56 days until brawl this comes out in the U.S. I'm trying to get as much stuff in wild world so I can start enjoying the game as soon as I get it. Everything we have in our pockets comes with us, including money and letters, right?

Amide

Smash Lord
56 days until brawl this comes out in the U.S. I'm trying to get as much stuff in wild world so I can start enjoying the game as soon as I get it. Everything we have comes with us, including money and letters, right?
Yes, I think so. Nothing is definite yet however.

Top Bottom