• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonymousity

Smash Cadet
Look, i know this roster is probably the real deal and i like it, however, we don't really have any concrete proof, the "rows" where like that in Whoby(probably) so anyone that played the demo, could "predict" that. Secondly, the internet is full of *******s, this guys know each other and could very well be toying with us, most of the "vetarans" in the forum where the 35 Char roster was leaked didn't take it too seriously.

Could any of the true die-hards around here confirm if the Whobby screen was in that order? (Not counting the characters that weren't playable.)

Someone could easily put that together, if so. There's gotta be some pattern to it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still don't totally believe this 35 character roster thing, but I'm now beginning to seriously worry. :(

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Hey ShortFuse, you know that One_Step was lying, right?

He changed his roster count twice and posted his "48 character roster" as the true one in the temp. thread.

Tenkai

Smash Cadet
By the way, I don't know if it's has already been mentionned but MarkMan from neograf stated that "Ridley= 100% no playable"

Hejiru

Smash Ace
AH HA! I told you all! We have the roster!

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Kirby
4. Pikachu
5. Fox
6. Samus/ZSS
7. Yoshi
8. Donkey Kong
9. Peach
10. Bowser
11. Zelda/Sheik
12. Ice Climbers
13. Pit
14. Meta Knight
15. Wario
16. Ike
17. Diddy Kong
18. Lucas
19. Pikmin & Olimar
20. King Dedede
21. Pokemon Trainer
22. Snake
23. Sonic
24. Luigi
25. Ganondorf
26. Capt. Falcon
27. Wolf
28. Falco
29. WW Link
30. Ness
31. Jigglypuff
32. Lucario
33. Marth
34. Mr. Game & Watch
35. ROB

Reyairia

Smash Champion
AH HA! I told you all! We have the roster!
I'm not the type to flame at all, but...
Please;
1. Get a gun.
2. Put it to your head.
3. Pull the trigger.
4. GTFO of the internet.

You're not cute, you're not funny, you're not popular, and no one likes you.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Looks like that roster I posted weeks ago was real. Tis' a sad day for Smash fans. On another note, HAL did not make Brawl, GameArts, the developer of the Grandia series, is the real developer. That would explain why there wasn't a huge increase in characters (inexperience with the series).

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Stupid frigging Grandia developers... Muttergrumblehumbug... I REALLY hope SSE is awesome and that Nintendo introduces DC for Brawl.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

They are wrong. Move along. They got something wrong for once. Who is that ROB 64 from Star Fox? In Coin Launcher? Yep. Not the way to get a PC's trophy. Sorry. Nope wrong. Also you can throw trophy stands at accessory ROB in SSE. Any way you go they are wrong.

In the words of Lex Luther in Superman Returns......

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.

Dais

Smash Cadet
I wish people would stop clinging to this stupid fake roster some idiot dreamed up. Freakin' ROB is not going to be playable. Not only that but we've got evidence against it. No wolf either. Fox, Falco And Wolf all playing some what similar = not happening. This is a "safe" roster that I think will be close to the final roster But its still fake. Just be glad we got an "official leak" that (at least) proved serebii's cred and settled the Ness debate. (and David Heyter so leaked that JigglyPuff was in! LoL) Well, now that I think about it, I may main ROB. His Final Smash is: He informs you how Slippy's ship repair is coming along!!!!!1!

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman

They are wrong. Move along. They got something wrong for once. Who is that ROB 64 from Star Fox? In Coin Launcher? Yep. Not the way to get a PC's trophy. Sorry. Nope wrong. Also you can throw trophy stands at accessory ROB in SSE. Any way you go they are wrong.

In the words of Lex Luther in Superman Returns......

WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.
Are you POSITIVE that you can't get PCs as trophies in coin tosser? Positive?! I'm sorry if I appear aggressive (not my intention) but I just really want to be sure this roster is fake.

I mean, it seems we can write off R.O.B. since he can be a trophy in SSE but maybe that's how you unlock him?

Also, maybe R.O.B. 64 in the coin tosser is some kind of other trophy that relates to R.O.B. 64 but isn't the trophy you get for beating modes with him?

I am sorry if I am meticulous or a bit illogical but I just want to debunk ths 35-char roster and thus I need to cover all angles...

ugh, I am so confused and worried. I am giddy for Brawl and think it will be amazing but I just want better characters... R.O.B and G &W over Krystal and Ridley? Do not want...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Why the hell would getting a trophy give you a playable character? Why the hell would Sakurai change the way you obtain playable character trophies. ROB in both forms is DEBUNKED.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
is there a chance that IF the real roster was leaked that someone up on high would see to it being deleted? Do cover ups like that happen? I don't know. does anyone know this?

edit: 100 posts!!

Charzonsos

Smash Cadet
Well, I think we have something that don't add up. Someone brought up the fact (I think) that we can get enemies in the SSE tropheys via trophy stand, there we would have R.O.B. Now with the coin launcher pic, we have R.O.B. 64. Unless we have a different R.O.B. or the trophey is completely different, I think we can classify these guys as Semi-Debunked.

Edit: Just wanted to try edit out.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
35 still has a running chance. Sure, ROB probably isn't going to make the cut. So? That was PortraitofRUIN claiming he was confirmed, not Mark, not Reno, not Nya. Remember, we're dealing with four different people here. It's like freaking rapscouter grabbed the foursword.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
35 still has a running chance. Sure, ROB probably isn't going to make the cut. So? That was PortraitofRUIN claiming he was confirmed, not Mark, not Reno, not Nya. Remember, we're dealing with four different people here. It's like freaking rapscouter grabbed the foursword.
Actually Reno did confirm ROB, and MarkMan agreed with him that he is a newcomer.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't the translation of that "35 character list" that's been floating around "Robot" rather than "ROB". What if its a code word for... MEGAMAN!

Super fighting robot...!

Okay, seriously. Serious. Be serious. But not too serious, its a video game forum about a game. But be serious.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Let me get one thing straight. The ROB from Star Fox is named ROB 64, not ROB. In Japan he is called NUS 64. Secondly, if there were a fourth Star Fox character, it would be Krystal. Every person who has mentioned ROB has only referred to him being ROB, but since everyone here does not listen to truth and logic, lets gone on debating whether ROB is NES ROB or Star Fox ROB.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
How do you explain the fact that an industry insider mod confirmed that Reno and Markman were telling the truth? Also, anyone spreading false information on NeoGaf gets permabanned, and neither one of them has?

I seriously believe that we have gotten our roster, and that the situation Chronobound wrote about Melee has happened with Brawl.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
How do you explain the fact that an industry insider mod confirmed that Reno and Markman were telling the truth? Also, anyone spreading false information on NeoGaf gets permabanned, and neither one of them has?

I seriously believe that we have gotten our roster, and that the situation Chronobound wrote about Melee has happened with Brawl.
The mods have either been given some evidence that the elak is true thus staying their hand or they are waiting for something ironclad before they do something. I do not know Neogaf's policy - direct ban or not banned until proven fake?

As for the industry insider - who that and what are his/her credentials?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Suppose this leaked starting roster is correct that we're getting out of 2ch. Is it just me, or is it completely haywire in its arrangement compared to the shape and arrangement suggested by Portrait? I know that the blocks can move around, that's not a big deal, but I mean, Peach, Mario, and Bowser are quite far from each other. This would require a complete shuffle to be right.

I'm beginning to think the 35 leakers started out with the right information and played their cards wrong, but aren't lying deliberately, simply by watching the evolution of the R.O.B. debates. ChronoBound posted his proposed list composite of leakers after MarkMan said 35, and the Gamefaqs mob being bombarded with information took them to be the same leak and people were scrambling to find the leak claiming R.O.B. was confirmed. This was a total frenzy as foolish children were bobbling around trying to discern which leaker said what when, almost all of them wrong.

Now, we had two unaffiliated sets of leaks. MarkMan and Reno over at NeoGAF reporting 35, 41. I think that's probably right judging by their track record. The lack of a roster, however, seems to imply that not all the information was in their hands, albeit Wolf and Falco are spoken of. On the other side reporting directly at GameFAQs is PortalofRUIN of Castlevania fame. She purports 35 also, but does not give a roster either. The coincidence of the time and info leads me to believe they had the exact same source with the exact same discretion.

Now, people over at NeoGAF did not have their minds corrotted with Smash fanboyism and were not so fast to deject the idea of 35 characters. There was plenty of skepticism and people taking ban bets, however. People started asking MarkMan if he knew Portrait, and he actually replied, "I know of her, but don't know where she's getting this." Now the two powers start a strange interplay.

I think PortalOfRUIN missed something next. Was she calling the bluff, that somebody knew something she didn't? Was she pissed off at GameFAQs' cokehead attitude? Regardless, the arrangement of her select sounds seems right, but we're getting conflicting reports now. MarkMan was quick to say she was trustworthy later on in GameFAQs own company, but something tells me he wasn't the type to sift through all the replies. R.O.B. magically became the sealed deal on the roster.

It's just the fact that GameFAQs was in uproar and screaming about the character after ChronoBound's roster shot through the place and everyone started talking about R.O.B., which many younger gamers have never even heard of. It all stemmed back to one creditless leaker, ShadowXOR, who insisted the game would include him, and he was the only last leaker to fit into the 35th character slot that CB put together.

Don't get me wrong, I think the roster is right [i[as of now.[/i] I think if they made some kind of battle mode for R.O.B. where he sprouts full limbs it would be awesome. But I can't help but have this nagging suspicion that a huge miscommunication took place after the fact judging by the way all this has played out over the last few days. 35 is probably right judging by the reports coming in, but the end details really have me wondering.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Suppose this leaked starting roster is correct that we're getting out of 2ch. Is it just me, or is it completely haywire in its arrangement compared to the shape and arrangement suggested by Portrait? I know that the blocks can move around, that's not a big deal, but I mean, Peach, Mario, and Bowser are quite far from each other. This would require a complete shuffle to be right.

I'm beginning to think the 35 leakers started out with the right information and played their cards wrong, but aren't lying deliberately, simply by watching the evolution of the R.O.B. debates. ChronoBound posted his proposed list composite of leakers after MarkMan said 35, and the Gamefaqs mob being bombarded with information took them to be the same leak and people were scrambling to find the leak claiming R.O.B. was confirmed. This was a total frenzy as foolish children were bobbling around trying to discern which leaker said what when, almost all of them wrong.

Now, we had two unaffiliated sets of leaks. MarkMan and Reno over at NeoGAF reporting 35, 41. I think that's probably right judging by their track record. The lack of a roster, however, seems to imply that not all the information was in their hands, albeit Wolf and Falco are spoken of. On the other side reporting directly at GameFAQs is PortalofRUIN of Castlevania fame. She purports 35 also, but does not give a roster either. The coincidence of the time and info leads me to believe they had the exact same source with the exact same discretion.

Now, people over at NeoGAF did not have their minds corrotted with Smash fanboyism and were not so fast to deject the idea of 35 characters. There was plenty of skepticism and people taking ban bets, however. People started asking MarkMan if he knew Portrait, and he actually replied, "I know of her, but don't know where she's getting this." Now the two powers start a strange interplay.

I think PortalOfRUIN missed something next. Was she calling the bluff, that somebody knew something she didn't? Was she pissed off at GameFAQs' cokehead attitude? Regardless, the arrangement of her select sounds seems right, but we're getting conflicting reports now. MarkMan was quick to say she was trustworthy later on in GameFAQs own company, but something tells me he wasn't the type to sift through all the replies. R.O.B. magically became the sealed deal on the roster.

It's just the fact that GameFAQs was in uproar and screaming about the character after ChronoBound's roster shot through the place and everyone started talking about R.O.B., which many younger gamers have never even heard of. It all stemmed back to one creditless leaker, ShadowXOR, who insisted the game would include him, and he was the only last leaker to fit into the 35th character slot that CB put together.

Don't get me wrong, I think the roster is right [i[as of now.[/i] I think if they made some kind of battle mode for R.O.B. where he sprouts full limbs it would be awesome. But I can't help but have this nagging suspicion that a huge miscommunication took place after the fact judging by the way all this has played out over the last few days. 35 is probably right judging by the reports coming in, but the end details really have me wondering.
Reno said that the last four newcomers are Lucario, Wolf, Toon Link, and R.O.B. MarkMan said that he agreed with Reno. PortraitOfRuin also said R.O.B. is in, so now you have three people claiming R.O.B. is a playable character.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Right, I know they do, and they're probably right, and hence, you're probably right. It's just that when I watched the way it played out, the R.O.B. panic actually started before Portrait did her thing, which made me wonder if she affirmed it on false pretenses, if it later caused them to affirm it by their belief in her legitimacy. Of course, the likelihood that they would operate in this way is doubtful.

radiansansred

Smash Rookie
Hm...

So they said that those four were the ONLY newcomers left? Or did they just say "Okay, here are some newcomers, but we're going to be vague about it and not reveal if there are more". Sure, with the roster, it could be concrete, but for all we know, R.O.B. COULD be a newcomer and a playable character... in some other way shape or form.

I'm no longer denying the 35 Character Roster, now I'm just going to remain skeptical about R.O.B.

D

Deleted member

I was the first one to bring R.O.B. up and I still stand by my insider and believe them despite any proof that he's out. Ness was "deconfirmed" and yet now we know he's in like I said...

TheLake

Smash Master
I know this has probably been said already billions of times and im more than likely than a little slow but if this roster is true whos the last 3rd party character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom