• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Sakurai actually said...

I put Zero Suit Samus in thinking I wanted to include more characters from the popular Metroid series. Also, since Smash Bros. has few female characters, I was quite happy to include her.

He did not say he wanted more female characters.

See it for yourself....
http://wii.ign.com/articles/710/710752p1.html
So I was lied to...learn by experience huh?

more like a crime against furries, which i am in favor of
Oh no a generalization that all Krystal supporters are furries, aren't you funny?

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
w00t for Ness being confirmed!

But wait, what's this about a starting roster?

I'll have to read the first post more carefully...

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Just throwing it out there: rapscouter said we'd see an updated Mushroom Kingdom. It was vague enough, but he could've been pointing towards Mushroomy Kingdom. The more I think about it, that's the kind of stage that I think leakers should've mentioned--it's quirky and bizarre enough to deserve a nod in ANY leak.

Food for thought.

EDIT: I "rediscovered" a leaker we basically threw out. HeyNoTrace, thus far, has not said anything to contradict current info. He even confirmed Sheik before the site unveiling and more or less backs up "1 WTF character aka ROB."

Another bout of food for thought.

courte

Smash Lord
a) what is this 35 character roster??
b) for pokemon here's hoping for Pichu Bros/Plulse Minun make a team clone appearance to lessen the blow of suck, and Mewtwo returns
c) for earthbound Lucas and Ness are cool, Poo and Claus too would be roxors, Kumatora would be god Mode, and Pokey=Toilet
d) for Fire Emblem how about NOT sword fest
Ephraim w/ spear
Sigurd as a modified marth, whom i hope doesn't return accept as a color
Eliwood as a better, true to material improved Roy
Hector as an Ike clone, with Shorter Range, Better Speed, and a few of his own moves[he seems to know his limits]
that mage chick for the female vote or perhaps eirika as a clone or Ephraims Final Smash, but on a horse
e) i'd like to see some DK third-k.rool- at least, and some tribute colors to the kongs of jungle beat...
f) Metroid-SamusZSS-Ridley-A hunter... is that asking too much?? Weavel of sylux would be great huh Nintendo??
7) Mario Peach Luigi Bowser-Bowser Jr. Paper Mario Geno- Yoshi Babies Mario-Fox Krystal Wolf Falco
h) Isaac-Takamaru-Vaati-WW or TP Ganondorf-WW Link

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I still think Mewtwo is in, he's not disconfirmed, and i can't think of why they would ditch an original moveset... especially since Serebii claimed Mewtwo would still be in (didn't he?)
Actually what Serebii said is that any roster that had Mewtwo and not Lucario on it was fake.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: I "rediscovered" a leaker we basically threw out. HeyNoTrace, thus far, has not said anything to contradict current info. He even confirmed Sheik before the site unveiling and more or less backs up "1 WTF character aka ROB."

Another bout of food for thought.
Hate to break it to ya', but that was me. I'm "HeyNoTrace" and was trying to prove to everyone how completely easy it is to be vague-ish with some predictions. And I'm no prophet, I'm just able to make educated guesses... sorry. But WOO! for my guesses STILL being accurate.

Anyways, I think we ought to just accept this bleak roster of 35 and stop trying to put yourselves through all this denial and clutching to straws to try and hope for it to be fake. BELIEVE me, I don't want it to be accurate either, but this information has much more going for it then any of the dozen fake leakers up UNTIL now that people have been completely trusting in.

This is Melee all over again.

Personally.. when the Melee roster came out, it looked horrible. Like what the hell did they spend all that time on, with so many clone characters! Then we got the game and loved it. But looking back on it now... that game really did have a crap roster. Pichu?! Dr. Mario?!? Horrible roster... so if we're going on history here, I think the 35 is the real one.

Skylan

Smash Apprentice
I wouldnt exactly say Mewtwo is deconfirmed thanks to the video we saw with the stickers. I would say it just means that Mewtwo is just NOT playable in subspace emissary. I would question it though.

Algus Underdunk

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say I'm proud of you lot that you've already figured out that video was bupkiss ^_^ I was worried I'd peek in here and see wild flailing on both sides of an argument, but glad to know you saw through the cheap deception.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Actually what Serebii said is that any roster that had Mewtwo and not Lucario on it was fake.
=/ Yea, cause it was missing Lucario.

I wouldnt exactly say Mewtwo is deconfirmed thanks to the video we saw with the stickers. I would say it just means that Mewtwo is just NOT playable in subspace emissary. I would question it though.
Mewtwo is NOT deconfirmed. CZ never said he was, he said he was "unsure" as to what it meant. Mewtwo would be a good Villain, like Bowser and Wario. However, until we see a Mario sticker...we don't really have any solid evidence to kill off Mewtwo. There is still more going for Mewtwo than there is against him.

Also, for the interest of post size, just delete all those who were debunked, and just put them on a list on the bottom.

-DD

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman

Mewtwo is NOT deconfirmed. CZ never said he was, he said he was "unsure" as to what it meant. Mewtwo would be a good Villain, like Bowser and Wario. However, until we see a Mario sticker...we don't really have any solid evidence to kill off Mewtwo. There is still more going for Mewtwo than there is against him.

Also, for the interest of post size, just delete all those who were debunked, and just put them on a list on the bottom.

-DD

Ouch man... That hurt ME! lol *insert REALLY sad face here*
:(

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
For ChaosZero it says that Capitan Falcon was confirmed via the this picture. I don't see Capitan Falcon listed here on the side so am I missing something?

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
I see a lot of Markman/Reno character assassination floating around these boards. I don't get it, since most of these people have probably never read a single one of their posts outside of the smash rumor thread. I've even seen some people suggest that they don't like Smash Brothers. I realize some of you don't read NeoGAF, and those who only lurk may not be able to review post histories. So I've done some stalking for you. Please excuse the lack of formatting.

I compiled this for another thread, but since these two are in the OP's list, this may be helpful for your thread as well. Read the threads for context if you want to form your own opinions about the quotes I've linked. I already added my two cents

Reno is famous for his knowledge about fighting games, and his close contacts to people who work on them. He regularly provides information about fighters, including links. His biggest recent leak was VF5 360 online when Sega was denying it. I'm not going to hunt down the thread, but it will probably register on google. I've only spent about 10 minutes quickly screening recent posts, but here's some relevant stuff:

Reno in the know:

Reno on the Soul Calibur Star Wars characters in early December (they'd have had his head if he actually leaked this):

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...97#post8837397

Reno: I've also heard some stuff about the marketing of the game that just made me roll my eyes in disbelief, but again all of this can change before the game is released

Other: "do you know who the two secret characters are? "

Reno: Yes, and I'm not saying who they are. :p

Reno on Smash (aka why this guy wouldn't lie to you):

Bare in mind that both of these threads are hostile to Smash players. Most fighting gamers on GAF consider Smash a joke, yet Reno stands up to them (I don't think he actually plays much, but he understands why others do)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...52#post7851152

Reno: i dunno, i consider smash bros more of a real fighting game than soulcalibur 3.

I don't get the smash bros hate either. The game is fun, competitively balanced, has a
pretty good community of players, and so on. I got a lot of respect for the smash
series and I know that a lot of other competitive players also believe the game is
worthy of being at Evo, but I guess the ones who just talk the talk but don't walk the
walk are the people who slam it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...44#post8753644

Reno: FWIW, I don't mind Smash being on a list of top fighting games at all. Smash being that
high on the list is something I don't agree with (I'd put it somewhere around #5 or #6)
but excluding a game like Smash is very short-sighted.

MarkMan (the other leaker) on Smash :

MarkMan : Way more balanced than SC3. lol.

On the Wii (another indication he's no troll):

this is the MOH3 thread, a pit of trolling, irrational hate, and other such nonsense

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthre...67#post8193467

Other: "Saying things like it's going to be a "wagglefest" really doesn't show much
objectivity, especially since we know very little about the game right now."

Reno: Can I quote this for a lot of truth? Can I? I've never used the phrase before but I'd
like to right now. Game on the Wii doesn't equal automatic waggle controls. Get it
through your heads, seriously.

Never mind the sheer audacity of this being some sort of internet wide conspiracy, when multiple independant sources have provided evidance that contributed to this roster (The ONLY reason Mark and Reno were able to confirm the 35 roster is because the information had already been leaked). The assault on these guys' character when you've clearly never read any of their posts is appalling. Reno has an approx. 10 year history posting at GAF. Not only is he an informative and well behaved poster who's been known to keep cool in even the most heated arguements, but he's also developed a respectable reputation as the go to guy on ANYTHING fighting game related. Note that he has the tag "I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!". Getting a tag is very hard on GAF, and most of the folks who do earn tags, get them for something embarassing. Reno's, however, is good.

I'm maybe willing to believe Reno has incomplete information, but I don't see why he would outright lie

So, maybe he's in on this with the mods or something? I doubt it. Not only has he been told false leaks will result in a permaban (throwing away a 10 year history to rile up smashboards would be questionable) but he's also a fan of Smash Bros! GAF's fighter fans are notoriously hostile to the kiddypartymascot game which masquerades as a "real" fighter. Yet Reno, GAF's foremost expert on the genre, defends the game and its fans from that sort of ignorance. Why? because he respects the game's design and what it means for fighters as a whole! And he respects the fans who have recognized this! What reason would he have to throw these same people for a loop?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Is it possible Reno and MarksMan have only played a build that had 35 characters listed and maybe like 2-3 other omitted? I heard about a possibility that maybe they played a limited build, just wanted to see what the chances of that are?

Black/Light

Smash Master

-DD
No, he deconfirmed anything WITH Mewtwo in it. . .

He said it him self, people where right about Mew2 being gone and how he hinted at it.
Yes but I deconfirmed any roster that just had Mewtwo in or had Mewtwo and Lucario and ignored the ones that didn't

Many people correctly inferred it

And I did accidentally slip up a few months ago which was where the whole Lucario "replacing" Mewtwo thing came from

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I repeat.

Is it possible Reno and MarksMan have only played a build that had 35 characters listed and maybe like 2-3 other omitted? I heard about a possibility that maybe they played a limited build, just wanted to see what the chances of that are?

PkunkFury

Smash Cadet
I repeat.

:laugh:

ask MarkMan, now he's posting in here:grin:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I read this forum... :)

I like Tekken btw.
Well done :p
What the hell is with all this cryptic leaker language? :laugh:

@ Serebii: Can you / your source confirm that this 35-character roster is correct? (Not to say that I disbelieve MarkMan / Reno, it's just good to have extra confirmation. Plus, you yourself [Serebii] were skeptical about it.)

EDIT: Oh, no....I feel like we're backpedaling into the realm of doubletalk again. :psycho: Nineteen Eighty-four has come at last!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I say a lot of things. Who says I was saying the truth :p
Your track history of posting here:p

I could go into a deep post about how it started with ladycelbe(sp) and all that jazz but I think we both know what all you said that adds up to this.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
o.O Did you even READ THE POST?!
I said you CAN'T Kill off Mewtwo.

Also, that picture proves nothing towards the Captain.
-DD
I know foo'...

I was just emphasizing the hurt behind even thinking about using those three words together in one line together...

:urg:

Zevox

Smash Lord
a) what is this 35 character roster??
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf
10. Toon Link
11. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
12. Yoshi
13. Kirby
14. Meta Knight
15. King Dedede
16. Fox
17. Falco
18. Wolf
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer
21. Jigglypuff
22. Lucario
23. Ike
24. Marth
25. Lucas
26. Ness
27. Wario
28. Pikmin & Olimar
29. Captain Falcon
30. Ice Climbers
31. Pit
32. Mr. Game & Watch
33. R.O.B.
34. Snake
35. Sonic

Oh if I did stuff to get back at people...I would create a Roster so perfect every fanboy would fangasm and then next week they find out they've been punk'd :p
Ooo, would you? Its always so fun watching people like that squirm. ;)

Zevox

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I actually like the 35 character roster, it will have all the characters I love. Wolf, Sonic, Metaknight, DDD, Olimar, Gannondorf, Falco, Ness and Samus, even R.O.B... >_>

All it is missing is Megaman (maybe Dark Samus as well,) than I could care less about anyother character after that.

But if he is not in, I will be buying Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 or if Capcom still plans on Scramble Battle I will go with that.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh if I did stuff to get back at people...I would create a Roster so perfect every fanboy would fangasm and then next week they find out they've been punk'd :p
Just include Mewtwo, since people seem to ignore the fact that your implication was quite clear--if not explicit. :laugh:

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
XD That would be epic. And Epically bad for your rep XD!
>.> Seriously though.
I'm Ill. @_@...

-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom