• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Of course...I am human afterall :p
Just like the NEOgafers ;)

ZING!

.And the NeoMod is. . .well, a mod at a big site that IP-bans anyone spreading fake info and he said he talked to Reno and knows his source to be real and creditable so yeah, he losses his mod status and is IP-Banned too for spreading fake info.
For all we know, it could be a site joke. :p As in, the mods are involved. >=D

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Oh Serebii... you so crazy ;p

But anyways, even if this stands to be the roster, it sucks. I have a right to say that.

Once the game comes out in Japan (it will be 12am Friday over there at 2pm Thursday Eastern time, by my calculations), we will know the roster. We'll see like... 6 or 8 hours of "OMG WTF IZ TEH ROASTEER" posts until some guy FINALLY cracks the game or just blasts through SubSpace. I expect Youtube links all over the place, people swearing and cussing because ROB is in the game, and a bevy of other horrors. This weekend will be very, very interesting.

EDIT:

ZING!

Which was my point exactly!

CyberBenX4

Smash Apprentice
Of course...I am human afterall :p
You're supposed to be bigger than that, though. :chuckle:

After all, your namesake is probably one of the most "pure-hearted" beings in Poke-lore, and yet you can be so sinister when you to... :laugh:

But any way...Serebii...do you have any idea what the situation is looking like over in the East, as far as units being shipped out is concerned? I dunno if your privy to such information of that sort, but it would be nice if you could disclose at least that kind of information...

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Why are some people bringing up the fact that Mewtwo "sucked", as if that's a good reason why we shouldn't care that he won't be returning? First, it's all about the character themselves (and Mewtwo >>> Lucario :p ), and second, it's not like they can't, y'know, make some improvements. More speed and a change to his down B and side B attacks and he could be pretty decent. I mean just look at what they've done to Bowser.

White_Lightning

Smash Journeyman

ZING!

Interesting theory. I'm not sure if they've ever done anything like that in the past, but if this guy is as credible as people like to say, why would he want to risk damaging his credibility like that? Even if it was a joke with admins and mods involved, he would still have been claiming false information as real.

EPX2

Smash Ace

But anyways, even if this stands to be the roster, it sucks. I have a right to say that.

Once the game comes out in Japan (it will be 12am Friday over there at 2pm Thursday Eastern time, by my calculations), we will know the roster. We'll see like... 6 or 8 hours of "OMG WTF IZ TEH ROASTEER" posts until some guy FINALLY cracks the game or just blasts through SubSpace. I expect Youtube links all over the place, people swearing and cussing because ROB is in the game, and a bevy of other horrors. This weekend will be very, very interesting.

EDIT:

Isn't the game coming out at 12 am on Thursday in Japan, though (as that's when the 24th is)? Which would mean we'd be receiving info as early as 2 PM Wednesday?

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Isn't the game coming out at 12 am on Thursday in Japan, though (as that's when the 24th is)? Which would mean we'd be receiving info as early as 2 PM Wednesday?
You mean the 31st? But yeah, I had my dates wrong. So 2 PM Wednesday... not bad.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Serebii has far more to lose than the NeoGaffers, esp. if they are being "confirmed" by the mods. Do you seriously think they are going to get perma-banned if the mods are on their side? They are just causing a huge stir up if anything--it's highly suspect.
Wrong. The mods said that they asked what their sources were, and that their sources are reliable but cannot be revealed yet.

At any rate, YES they will be banned. The rules apply to everyone. How chaotic would it be over there if the rules suddenly didnt' apply to them?

"BUT THE MODS ARE IN CAHOOTS...I MEAN, THEY WONT BAN THEM! THEY'LL JUST ALIENATE THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY AT THE EXPENSE OF TWO PEOPLE!"

Are you serious? The rules don't suddenly NOT APPLY because you're skeptical, especially when it's a leak that people are going to be greatly peeved by. Of course they'll get banned if their information is wrong. But I'd like to remind everyone that I'm pretty certain they didn't give an actual roster number.

That video is fake. We know this. Hence there goes some credibility.
How? It's not even related to them. You have not the slightest idea what you're talking about.

The roster was not created by them but by ChronoBound. They revealed nothing on their own. Another bit of credibility.
Wrong again. Chronobound drafted a roster based on their findings, but the NeoGAFers have never once said "35 characters." That's what Nysaenae and Portraitof Ruin are saying. The problem is, of course, that all their same leaks link up. THAT is why the 35 roster is likely. It has nothing to do with Chronobound. It could've been a lucky guess on his part.

NOBODY actually knows or speaks to this guys and they are incredibly smug about everything, even keeping their own screennames to post. That's a bit suspect, imo. Credibility lost there.
...Uh, we all keep our screen names to post. What the hell are you talking about? There's no credibility lost here, you eccentially just boiled it down to "zomg, they're posting on teh INTARWEBZ."

The 35 character roster works in quite a few ways because it incorporates the more believeable leaks and we still got all the wanted characters in the starting roster, but it leaves hardly anything to be unlocked. You basically are unlocking the Melee cast + 3 faces--not very exciting. That being said, Melee would've only had 3 new faces and 2 old ones had there not been clones. So it's not unfamiliar to the series.
Except Sakurai said that he'd keep unlockables to a minimum because most people would be spoiled by online play ANYWAY. I say that time and time again, and you and many others simply ignore it. We got the all-star roster we were promised before anything is even locked. If the 35 character roster is true, we're given an insane amount of characters starting off and only a few extra goodies, because most people want their cake NOW.

BUT, on the inverse of that, if this game is promised to be huge and "for the fans," "as if it were the last," etc. etc., I would expect to see a few more fan suggested characters. Pit, Wario, Dedede, and all the rest are fine and dandy, but there's something to be said for Ridley, Geno, Krystal, Takamaru, and others. It's a bit silly to ignore nearly 7 years worth of fan input making "the final game in the series" and only going half as far. I just find that to be a bit of a slap in the face because of all the time and energy people put into requesting these characters.
Who gives a crap? There's plenty of fan wants in there. This is not YOUR GAME. You didn't make it. You didn't even need to have any input whatsoever. The truth is, you got plenty based on the needs of the many crying out to Sakurai for what they wanted. This starting roster is great. The 35 character roster is fine, and truthfully is only missing a few characters that would've been perfect.

No matter what they add, some chucklehead would still demand more. Just get over it.

We DID get a lot of characters we wanted. Hell, every last newcomer is a character that was very popular with the fans. But why stop there?
Disc space? An abundance of modes to compensate? BECAUSE HE FEELS LIKE IT?

Why suddenly backtrack and say, "okay, that's done. Now to fill the rest of the game with veterans and two highly suspect additions." Not to say ROB and Wolf aren't bad choices (I can deal with those two, and I kind of had expected ROB anyways), but they certainly weren't the best options by a long shot.

These are the longest two days of my life...
Sorry, it's getting more and more likely. This isn't your dream game. It isn't going to have a perfect roster, no matter what's true or isn't.

But isn't quite the same thing, since Serebii's saying nothing and isn't betting a ban on it.

This is years of credibility down the drain for both. It just isn't likely.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Wrong. The mods said that they asked what their sources were, and that their sources are reliable but cannot be revealed yet.

At any rate, YES they will be banned. The rules apply to everyone. How chaotic would it be over there if the rules suddenly didnt' apply to them?

"BUT THE MODS ARE IN CAHOOTS...I MEAN, THEY WONT BAN THEM! THEY'LL JUST ALIENATE THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY AT THE EXPENSE OF TWO PEOPLE!"

Are you serious? The rules don't suddenly NOT APPLY because you're skeptical, especially when it's a leak that people are going to be greatly peeved by. Of course they'll get banned if their information is wrong. But I'd like to remind everyone that I'm pretty certain they didn't give an actual roster number.

How? It's not even related to them. You have not the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Wrong again. Chronobound drafted a roster based on their findings, but the NeoGAFers have never once said "35 characters." That's what Nysaenae and Portraitof Ruin are saying. The problem is, of course, that all their same leaks link up. THAT is why the 35 roster is likely. It has nothing to do with Chronobound. It could've been a lucky guess on his part.

...Uh, we all keep our screen names to post. What the hell are you talking about? There's no credibility lost here, you eccentially just boiled it down to "zomg, they're posting on teh INTARWEBZ."

Except Sakurai said that he'd keep unlockables to a minimum because most people would be spoiled by online play ANYWAY. I say that time and time again, and you and many others simply ignore it. We got the all-star roster we were promised before anything is even locked. If the 35 character roster is true, we're given an insane amount of characters starting off and only a few extra goodies, because most people want their cake NOW.

Who gives a crap? There's plenty of fan wants in there. This is not YOUR GAME. You didn't make it. You didn't even need to have any input whatsoever. The truth is, you got plenty based on the needs of the many crying out to Sakurai for what they wanted. This starting roster is great. The 35 character roster is fine, and truthfully is only missing a few characters that would've been perfect.

No matter what they add, some chucklehead would still demand more. Just get over it.

Disc space? An abundance of modes to compensate? BECAUSE HE FEELS LIKE IT?

Sorry, it's getting more and more likely. This isn't your dream game. It isn't going to have a perfect roster, no matter what's true or isn't.

But isn't quite the same thing, since Serebii's saying nothing and isn't betting a ban on it.

This is years of credibility down the drain for both. It just isn't likely.
I appreciate how upset I made you. In the future I'll remember to keep my arguments to the minimum, to prevent massive walls of text to be built around them. Y'know, just so you guys don't blow a blood vessel or something.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I appreciate how upset I made you. In the future I'll remember to keep my arguments to the minimum, to prevent massive walls of text to be built around them. Y'know, just so you guys don't blow a blood vessel or something.
EPIC BACKPEDAL TECHNIQUE.

hi5, Flip.

At any rate, I'm not even angry/upset.

I'm being so sincere right now.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I'd give you all some cake, but we already cut it and then threw it in the incinerator because you murdered the L-Tetris block.

3 days :p

Boofer

Smash Ace
KaiserX said:
He NEVER specifically said he would keep unlockables to a minimum. You infered that. All he said was "I've decided not to be too hung up on unlockables" which could simply mean he's not as worried about keeping them top secret.

Honestly, I think hidden characters should mostly be new faces, even if you're "not too hung up on them." Having so many unlockable veterans kinda defeats the purpose of having secret characters, and it's really a stupid move on their part imo.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
It's because of how unlikeable I am. : (
Not getting at you... but...

Your last few posts havn't helped your case :p it's like telling homeless people that one day they can own a mansion, which may not be factually true, but it gives them hope :p

You have gotten all the hope of the worlds childrens and crushed them with your KaiserX hands. :(

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Serebii has far more to lose than the NeoGaffers, esp. if they are being "confirmed" by the mods. Do you seriously think they are going to get perma-banned if the mods are on their side? They are just causing a huge stir up if anything--it's highly suspect.

That video is fake. We know this. Hence there goes some credibility.

The roster was not created by them but by ChronoBound. They revealed nothing on their own. Another bit of credibility.

NOBODY actually knows or speaks to this guys and they are incredibly smug about everything, even keeping their own screennames to post. That's a bit suspect, imo. Credibility lost there.

The 35 character roster works in quite a few ways because it incorporates the more believeable leaks and we still got all the wanted characters in the starting roster, but it leaves hardly anything to be unlocked. You basically are unlocking the Melee cast + 3 faces--not very exciting. That being said, Melee would've only had 3 new faces and 2 old ones had there not been clones. So it's not unfamiliar to the series.

BUT, on the inverse of that, if this game is promised to be huge and "for the fans," "as if it were the last," etc. etc., I would expect to see a few more fan suggested characters. Pit, Wario, Dedede, and all the rest are fine and dandy, but there's something to be said for Ridley, Geno, Krystal, Takamaru, and others. It's a bit silly to ignore nearly 7 years worth of fan input making "the final game in the series" and only going half as far. I just find that to be a bit of a slap in the face because of all the time and energy people put into requesting these characters.

We DID get a lot of characters we wanted. Hell, every last newcomer is a character that was very popular with the fans. But why stop there? Why suddenly backtrack and say, "okay, that's done. Now to fill the rest of the game with veterans and two highly suspect additions." Not to say ROB and Wolf aren't bad choices (I can deal with those two, and I kind of had expected ROB anyways), but they certainly weren't the best options by a long shot.

These are the longest two days of my life...
I thought the bold parts were the most important, but I agree with your overall sentiment. It's very anticlimactic, and I truly don't think that Sakurai would do that. With all this hype over it being the "last one" and how the team has gone "all out," it would be highly surprising (not in a good way, mind) to see the 35-character roster floating around actually come to fruition.

I guess all we can do now is hope that it won't work out that way. :ohwell:

Dont forget that even if people do get the game early it will be some days before the full roster gets revealed from the game
Psh. You don't know Smash fans, do you? ;)

Actually Serebii. As long as one person like Short Fuse gets a hold of the game, they'll probably rip it within hours of getting the game, crack it and tell us the roster.

I look forward to hearing the music from the game because of that (Still have SFs topic open). Even if I'll probably be buying any OSTs or music collection CDs that come out with the Brawl label. XD
Exactly. And I'm so excited about it, too! Here's to hoping for another Smashing...Live! album. Talk about orgasmic...

Well...theoretically yeah

But I'm gonna work my section around the assumption that nobody has 100% confirmed it yet so when I open it, it'll be "ZOMG SEREBII HAS THE ROSTER

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!111one"
Ah, so you DO know it all. You sneaky devil, you. :chuckle:

If it's not too pervasive, permit me to inquire: are you able to confirm or deny the 35-character roster as it is? That is to say, do you have the knowledge that either confirms or denies that the 35-character roster being circulated currently and haunting our dreams? I'm not asking whether or not it's true, mind, just if you do have the knowledge / information on your own that tells you whether or not the "alleged" roster is accurate or not. (Sorry that it was a bit convoluted, but every little bit helps.)

ZING!

Funny; I actually thought the same thing...here's to hoping, then. ;)

EDIT:

Yeah, I'm not a fan either, frankly. It's only a matter of time now. Either by rips or by natural unlocking, the roster will be up and roaming about (if it isn't already :() by Friday at the latest.

The nightmare has not yet begun.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
He NEVER specifically said he would keep unlockables to a minimum. You infered that. All he said was "I've decided not to be too hung up on unlockables" which could simply mean he's not as worried about keeping them top secret.
Don't think so. He wouldn't have cared much to remove Lucario, Jig ol' bitties, and Ness then from the various movies.

Honestly, I think hidden characters should mostly be new faces, even if you're "not too hung up on them." Having so many unlockable veterans kinda defeats the purpose of having secret characters, and it's really a stupid move on their part imo.
SPOILERS: Gannondorf, Ness, and Toon Link will probably be "new" faces and will have probably have some sense of "new" moves. Also, the Seventh Season of Dallas was a dream. INCONCEIVABLE.

Not getting at you... but...

Your last few posts havn't helped your case :p it's like telling homeless people that one day they can own a mansion, which may not be factually true, but it gives them hope :p

You have gotten all the hope of the worlds childrens and crushed them with your KaiserX hands.
Oh, no, I was just continuing the semi-Portal quotage. : ) I don't really care what happens...I'm just trying to figure out the truth.

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
I've been over most of this thread and tell me if this hasn't been brought up, but in none of these rosters do I see an explanation for the missing world icon 19. For all we know it could be like the DS or AC icon that (for all we know) don't have PC representation. But I do find it kind of odd. If I'm speculating right though, they're all fake.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I've been over most of this thread and tell me if this hasn't been brought up, but in none of these rosters do I see an explanation for the missing world icon 19. For all we know it could be like the DS or AC icon that (for all we know) don't have PC representation. But I do find it kind of odd. If I'm speculating right though, they're all fake.
R.O.B. is the explanation.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yep, it would be ROB. Thankfully it'd be NES ROB and not ROB 64, if it is real. Meaning Starfox gets 3 reps, not 4, which does sound silly.

So... does anyone think this is fake anymore?

:cry:

Serph

Smash Journeyman
Yep, it would be ROB. Thankfully it'd be NES ROB and not ROB 64, if it is real. Meaning Starfox gets 3 reps, not 4, which does sound silly.

So... does anyone think this is fake anymore?

:cry:
o_o

I'd rather have Rob 64 (whoever he is) as the fourth Starfox rep then a silly little accessory which isn't even a videogame character.

Like I said, I have no idea who Rob 64 is, but he can't be any worse than ROB.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Wait so the guys themselves didn't say which one?
Someone said ROB 64 and not NES ROB, I'm not sure who, but it's pretty much impossible to be ROB 64, because he appears in the trophy mini-game.

o_o

I'd rather have Rob 64 (whoever he is) as the fourth Starfox rep then a silly little accessory which isn't even a videogame character.

Like I said, I have no idea who Rob 64 is, but he can't be any worse than ROB.
ROB 64 is the robot from the StarFox series, and NES ROB is a videogame character (sort of) because he's appeared in various cameos in games, and is playable in Mario Kart DS. Also, he'd be a pretty good WTF character, and would fit in nicely alongside Mr G&W.

Now I think about it, NES ROB could be quite interesting. My only problem with the 35 is the severe lack of Mewtwo/more Newcomers.

I guess I won't be impressed of anything less than 40 :laugh:

Zevox

Smash Lord
But I'd like to remind everyone that I'm pretty certain they didn't give an actual roster number.
Oh yes they did. That was the very first thing MarkMan said - "35 characters, 41 stages" - and Reno affirmed it pretty well immediately.

KaiserX said:
See above for the first. And to be exact, ChronoBound compiled his based on NyaseNya, ChaosZero, and ShadowXOR - PortraitofRuin, MarkMan, and Reno came after he had already done that.

KaiserX said:
Except Sakurai said that he'd keep unlockables to a minimum because most people would be spoiled by online play ANYWAY.
Query: where? I recall his journal containing a mention that he "couldn't hold these characters back" because they would be spoiled on the internet anyway, but nothing about him therefor making most characters starters rather than unlockable.

Zevox

Aosagi

Smash Rookie
Someone said ROB 64 and not NES ROB, I'm not sure who, but it's pretty much impossible to be ROB 64, because he appears in the trophy mini-game.
And R.O.B. appears as a regular enemy in SSE. I know this argument has been brought to the table, but if ROB 64 is debunked because he's appeared already in a SS on the site than so is R.O.B.

I know you aren't defending this because you approve of it but personally I don't think that any of these rosters are right. I think we're either being led on by the people, or we're being led on by whoever gave them small tidbits of "info".

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Query: where? I recall his journal containing a mention that he "couldn't hold these characters back" because they would be spoiled on the internet anyway, but nothing about him therefor making most characters starters rather than unlockable.

Zevox

lol thats the exact thing that I was going to post just now.

sv3

Smash Apprentice

ROB 64 is the robot from the StarFox series, and NES ROB is a videogame character (sort of) because he's appeared in various cameos in games, and is playable in Mario Kart DS. Also, he'd be a pretty good WTF character, and would fit in nicely alongside Mr G&W.

Now I think about it, NES ROB could be quite interesting. My only problem with the 35 is the severe lack of Mewtwo/more Newcomers.
Plus I remember reading some speculation based off of the ANCIENT Minister's name and appearance that he could actually be R.O.B. :laugh:

It would be a nice way to unlock the WTF character

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Here's what he said:

When you have a battle mode that runs online like Basic Brawl, the problem of what to do with hidden characters arises. If one of your opponents chooses a character you haven’t unlocked yet, it will be spoiled for you immediately.

But even without this mode, given the proliferation of the Internet these days, the existence of hidden characters is going to get exposed anyway.

So, this time I’m moving in the direction of not being too hung up on hidden characters.

You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary. For those of you who look forward to those encounters, I recommend you clear this mode before playing Basic Brawl.

And as the case has always been, I’ve made it so you can play the characters you unlock in battles.
It's "won't get too hung up," so I guess that can be interpreted a lot of different ways. My mistake.

With that in mind, he still went out of his way to remove Lucario, Ness, and Jigg ol' Bitties.

So that kind of says to me he was worried about secrecy, but not about number and range of how many things can be spoiled. We'll just have to see.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Plus I remember reading some speculation based off of the ANCIENT Minister's name and appearance that he could actually be R.O.B. :laugh:

Exactly. While there are ROB cronies, that doesn't mean the playable version could not be a special type of ROB, while a ROB 64 trophy in the mini-game instantly means you can't get it through completing a 1 player mode.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. While there are ROB cronies, that doesn't mean the playable version could not be a special type of ROB, while a ROB 64 trophy in the mini-game instantly means you can't get it through completing a 1 player mode.
Yep. Something mass produced like the R.O.B. squad typically will be weaker and expendable but based off a bigger concept.

Think a hundred freakin' Metal Gear Rays dying to Raiden but Snake having a rough time with REX. The former legion is mass produced, the latter's one of a kind.

We're not disputing ZOMG POWERLEVELS here, but seriously. Mass production gimmick for a random mob in the game just aint the same as deconfirming an entire character.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591

yeah I stated that in another thread,

Ancient- rob is from super nintedo which is old

minister- a minister is something that interacts between two things, rob intracts with you and the game.

Zevox

Smash Lord

Interestingly enough, the Dojo does draw a connection between them in the update that mentioned the R.O.B. Squad:

Dojo said:
The escort the Ancient Minister brings with him is a R.O.B squad?!
His escort, eh? I think we may just have hit onto something.

Zevox

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I'm curious as to who exactly are the characters that are not unlocked through SSE. We have C.Falcon, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Lucario, Sonic, Snake, and R.O.B.. All of those characters would make sense to be unlocked through SSE. That would only leave Mr. Game and Watch, and that doesn't mean he can't be unlocked either through SSE.

I'm just wondering how that's gonna work. Are any of these characters not really involved in SSE? Do some characters get unlocked outside of SSE, but are still playable in the story mode? Strange...

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Instead of making a thread on something that's likely old, I figured I'd save the mods and post this here:

Fake/old/deconfirmed? Or new and real?

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
I'm curious as to who exactly are the characters that are not unlocked through SSE. We have C.Falcon, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Luigi, Lucario, Sonic, Snake, and R.O.B.. All of those characters would make sense to be unlocked through SSE. That would only leave Mr. Game and Watch, and that doesn't mean he can't be unlocked either through SSE.

I'm just wondering how that's gonna work. Are any of these characters not really involved in SSE? Do some characters get unlocked outside of SSE, but are still playable in the story mode? Strange...
I figure Newcomers will be unlocked in SSE, while Vets are playable in it, but are unlocked other ways. And the Vets unlocked outside of SSE will be the traditonal ones - i.e. Jiggs, Luigi. And Ness and Falcon, I believe, will be unlocked as they were in 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom