• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
If the 35 character roster is real, there will be a backlash; but I don't think it will last long, and it will only be among people who have been following Brawl's pre-release religiously.
Well, I'd assume the people who followed the pre-release religiously would have been following SamuraiPanda's translations of the old Japanese dojo (before daily updates) where Sakurai said that they "unintentionally" reached 26 characters last time and that they'd work really hard, but essentially not to expect as huge an increase as last time.

Or maybe people did what they seem to do for everything and just block out anything they don't want to hear.

I personally trust Famitsu's judgment, considering they've only given 6 games other than Smash a 40/40. However, what I don't believe is that Brawl would have only a 10 character increase, and still get a 40/40. I didn't wait 7 years for Melee 2.0 NOW WITH WI-FI, thank you.
What the hell? So you're only buying this game for characters? How come nobody seems to care about the gameplay at all? And Melee 2.0? What did you expect? Mario Kart instead of Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Why do people put in a number to make it seem negative?

But you still could if you wanted to :p

There's nothing saying the NEOgafers can't lie, I guess Serebii runs a very popular site, so he would have more to lose. But if they (NEOgafers) did lie, or were genuinly mistaken, smarter people wouldn't hold it against them.

Besides, I stand by what I keep saying, the hype wouldn't have been nearly as fun without all these "prophets" :p
They have just as much to lose as Serebii. Maybe more considering Serebii has been wrong in the past and corrected it without any memorable backlash.

Actually Serebii. As long as one person like Short Fuse gets a hold of the game, they'll probably rip it within hours of getting the game, crack it and tell us the roster.

I look forward to hearing the music from the game because of that (Still have SFs topic open). Even if I'll probably be buying any OSTs or music collection CDs that come out with the Brawl label. XD
A music leak is what I'm really waiting for. I want to know what Sonic music made it in ^_^ And if we're getting Lower Norfair/Magmoor Caverns remix.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
ROB 64 is the robot from the StarFox series, and NES ROB is a videogame character (sort of) because he's appeared in various cameos in games, and is playable in Mario Kart DS. Also, he'd be a pretty good WTF character, and would fit in nicely alongside Mr G&W.
I know he's in Mario Kart DS, but he is still a NES accessory first and foremost. Not an out-and-out videogame character. Personally I think he'd make for a horrible "wtf" inclusion. Not in the same league as Mr. Game & Watch at all.

He's one of only two problems I have with the list. The other being no Mewtwo. Of course there are other characters I would've liked to have seen (like Black Shadow), but you can't have it all I suppose.

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
I have never been outright wrong. I've made some slight mistranslations but those never changed the information content
Alright. I was just going off someone posted a bit earlier. I don't visit Serebii much. I don't need general Pokemon info anymore so I stick to Smogon's forums for my Pokeneeds =/

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I have never been outright wrong. I've made some slight mistranslations but those never changed the information content
what is your opinion on the 35 character roster should it be trusted.:confused:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Actually, I wanted to know Serebii's opinion on the roster as well, but not as related to the 35 roster rumor. I just want to know how he feels about it on a personal level, and not as way to pick for clues.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I know he's in Mario Kart DS, but he is still a NES accessory first and foremost. Not an out-and-out videogame character. Personally I think he'd make for a horrible "wtf" inclusion. Not in the same league as Mr. Game & Watch at all.

He's one of only two problems I have with the list. The other being no Mewtwo. Of course there are other characters I would've liked to have seen (like Black Shadow), but you can't have it all I suppose.
I guess that's how you see it, I agree he's no Mr G&W, but the idea has grown on me.

My MAIN problem with the list is Mewtwo, it's just an injustice. His non-inclusion makes no sense. Of course, including all the veterans that DESERVE to return (Luigi, Ness, Jiggs, Captain Falcon, Marth, Mr G&W, Mewtwo, Ganondorf) that only leaves room for 4 more assuming there are 35 characters. Other veterans that could possibly return are Falco, and Young Link, meaning only room for 2 newcomers? Personally I wouldn't choose Wolf as one of those... it would be great if the limited newcomers unlockables were from new series' (like Golden Sun, Custom Robo, and WTF character)

ROB was one of the reasons stores stocked the NES.
That was mostly because of the retailers' ignorance not being able to see how 3rd gen consoles differed from older consoles that caused the crash. ROB itself performed really badly, and is really rare because of that.

We'll see in 3 days :(

sv3

Smash Apprentice
A music leak is what I'm really waiting for. I want to know what Sonic music made it in ^_^ And if we're getting Lower Norfair/Magmoor Caverns remix.
If Robotnik/Eggman is a boss, I want the Sonic 2 boss theme :D

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Some mod who can read Japanese at BC posted this about the wii-ds.com Ridley/Jiggly/Falco thing:

"It was just made clear that someone posed as Rodori when making a few of his claims. Someone hacked into his IP address and made those posts. They apologize for this act as it could jeopardize the credibility of Nintendo Times.

Sooo, this information is part of the fake information leaked by someone else and not Rodori himself. This and the Pokemon games...(:()"

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
thealmightygoat made a topic on Gamefaqs claiming he made one of the fake rosters going around now. It was modded.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
lol, so it doesn't seem to be anything serious since you can just about say anything regarding that.

That's not a bad plan though. Someone could just make a ton of accounts with a ton of fake lists about stuff in the game, and once you get 'lucky' with one of them you just take that account and start making up stuff.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Does anyone know what/who he's talking about? (that's not the chaoszero leaker guy, of course).

http://brawlcentral.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4480
Not sure, but it sounds like he thinks thealmightygoat made a post on GameFAQs where he claimed to have impersonated "two new prophets who have been heavily believed" (implication being Reno and MarkMan, of course). Which is utter bull, of course, given sp0rsk also backed up Reno and claims to know him personally, and neither of them were by any means new members at NeoGAF, which makes it impossible for him to be them. In other words, hes just continuing to spread misinformation, as always.

Zevox

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I should point out that if any of the remaining leakers said there is a Mii, in the Iwata Asks, Sakurai said they decided early on not to utalize Miis.

Falco, Marth, Luigi, and Ness are all seem to be confirmed, which means it has matched up perfectly with the 35-char roster. Not a single error whatsoever.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I'm not editing the leak thread, until we get ALL info from this Brawl leak. After that point, I will edit the thread to show who was correct.

All debunked will be lined up in a little piece of the thread at the bottom of the first post.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
oh and A Link to the Snitch where did the Falco and Luigi confirms come from? I'd look around in the topic more but it's taking me ten minutes to load a single page here.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
All these new images certainly make me believe that leaker who said Ness and Lucas join together against Pokrey. And Port Town being correctly named? Come on, that has to be true.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not yet I cant. I still have an embargo on the information I know. Sorry
Awww, teardrops. :( No one liked the Embargo Act way back in 1807, and I'm sure no one likes the idea any better now. So even though the information is being leaked currently, you can't say anything yet because it's not directly from Nintendo?

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Awww, teardrops. :( No one liked the Embargo Act way back in 1807, and I'm sure no one likes the idea any better now. So even though the information is being leaked currently, you can't say anything yet because it's not directly from Nintendo?
Well I was told not to say the roster until Japanese Release so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom