• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Mewtwo was too weak for being what he was

Lucario does not have that restriction

This is Super Smash Bros. we're talking about. Why should it matter how weak Mewtwo was in Melee if he can be improved in Brawl?

sv3

Smash Apprentice
In his source material though he's many times Samus' size and as far as I understood it he seemed to be pretty crouched down in that video I'd have to rewatch it.
Yeah, but in the source material of every game the characters are totally different sizes than they appear in the SSB series. Isn't Kirby like 10 inches tall? Also, Ridley changes size like every game. He was as tall as Samus in Metroid, a few times her size in Super Metroid, and he was massive in Metroid Prime.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Also, to the new saying Ridley is giganourmous, here are some news for you, so was bowser, and Ridley has also changed sizes numerous times, hell in one of the mangas he's just a little taller than Samus. And not being crouched.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Yeah, but in the source material of every game the characters are totally different sizes than they appear in the SSB series. Isn't Kirby like 10 inches tall? Also, Ridley changes size like every game. He was as tall as Samus in Metroid, a few times her size in Super Metroid, and he was massive in Metroid Prime.
Either/Or I don't really have much desire to play as another dragon when I can be Charizard anyway at this point. I'm just trying to point out I don't get any of the hype for Ridley to begin with and if he wasn't huge he wouldn't feel like Ridley to me. I'm really hoping he makes it in as a SSE boss though because I do so enjoy kicking his *** royally.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
In his source material though he's many times Samus' size and as far as I understood it he seemed to be pretty crouched down in that video I'd have to rewatch it.
Well, SSB's concept is we're playing as toys/trophies of our favorites. Scaled down or up to be generally held normally or played with normally.

It's why Olimar isn't really 2 inches tall and why Bowser isn't that much taller than Mario. Whereas the real Bowser scale in most games beyond, say, the original SMB or SMBRPG, would be more like Giga Bowser full time.

Ridley's size isn't the problem. His mechanics aren't either if they just make him a quadrupedal semi-Bowser clone with 4-5 jumps and gliding like Meta Knight or Charizard. We already have a quad with Ivysaur and it's fine.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
Well, SSB's concept is we're playing as toys/trophies of our favorites. Scaled down or up to be generally held normally or played with normally.

It's why Olimar isn't really 2 inches tall and why Bowser isn't that much taller than Mario. Whereas the real Bowser scale in most games beyond, say, the original SMB or SMBRPG, would be more like Giga Bowser full time.

Ridley's size isn't the problem. His mechanics aren't either if they just make him a quadrupedal semi-Bowser clone with 4-5 jumps and gliding like Meta Knight or Charizard. We already have a quad with Ivysaur and it's fine.
Ridley has been bipedal in most games. I don't know why the Japanese love to portray western dragons as bipedal because only until recently have they started to portray them like the west actually does and quadrupedal.

If Ridley isn't in it's because Sakurai didn't feel like giving more Metroid rep, not because he'd be big or awkward.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Also, to the new saying Ridley is giganourmous, here are some news for you, so was bowser, and Ridley has also changed sizes numerous times, hell in one of the mangas he's just a little taller than Samus. And not being crouched.
EDIT: Woops thought that said game not manga

Aaanyway, still: Why Ridley? Why not Mike Tyson! Come on! He's a much better boss, haven't any of you played I Wanna Be the Guy? In fact, I'd like The Wanna Be The Guy (AKA The Kid) to be in Brawl.

And while I'm ranting if a Megaman Character was in it wouldn't be Megaman anyway. It would be Gutsman's *** (dun dun)

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Ridley has been bipedal in most games. I don't know why the Japanese love to portray western dragons as bipedal because only until recently have they started to portray them like the west actually does and quadrupedal.

If Ridley isn't in it's because Sakurai didn't feel like giving more Metroid rep, not because he'd be big or awkward.
Well then screw him.

I'm still buying his game.

But screw him. :/

2...3 days. -_-

Come on! He's a much better boss, haven't any of you played I Wanna Be the Guy? In fact, I'd like The Wanna Be The Guy (AKA The Kid) to be in Brawl.
"Everyone says you're the guy...I wanna be the guy too!"
"No way. You're just a kid! Maybe when you're older."

0ranger

Smash Cadet

Or because he decided Ridley would work better as a boss.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I'd lol if Dark Samus is playable and Ridley isn't. It would mean one of 2 things, Sakurai is insane, or a sadistic *******.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Or because he decided Ridley would work better as a boss.
Well yeah, but he knows people would rather see him played, Metroid needs a character other than freaking Samus, and Kraid or someone else can function just as well.

Meaning he's an epic, psychotic troll.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'd lol if Dark Samus is playable and Ridley isn't. It would mean one of 2 things, Sakurai is insane, or a sadistic *******.
I'd rather that than only a FS induced new character :(
I mean come on! No Ridley? No new Metroid representation?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Just wait a couple of days...you never know who will bring it up...
Holy ****. Monday 28? Oh well, i never noticed we were so close to the Japan release date. Well, that's good, at least we'll get confirmation on most characters the first day if people stick to playing Subspace Emmisary.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
New Subject: Freaking ridiculous Characters for Brawl that fit within the "Been on a Nintendo console" rule. Discuss!

Ivy from Soul Calibur. Her jugs would cause Ike to turn straight, Link to finally reach puberty, Mario to leave Peach for good, you get the point.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Serebii just spill already...It's only....is it bad I don't even know how many days it is?

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
James from Team Rocket for Brawl! He was half of a trainer on Pokémon Yellow after all.

Oh yeah, and Metal Mario as a seperate character. And Mario Kart Mario. And Tennis Mario.

By the way, being the nice chap I am, I came up with 4 stages of your psycological state concerning the 35 roster.

#1 Anger
#2 Denial (last week/this week)
#3 Breakdown (some of you may have already come this far)
#4 Acceptance (I'm trying to go for this but I think I'm still in denial...)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
James from Team Rocket for Brawl! He was half of a trainer on Pokémon Yellow after all.

Oh yeah, and Metal Mario as a seperate character. And Mario Kart Mario. And Tennis Mario.

By the way, being the nice chap I am, I came up with 4 stages of your psycological state concerning the 35 roster.

#1 Anger
#2 Denial (last week/this week)
#3 Breakdown (some of you may have already come this far)
#4 Acceptance (I'm trying to go for this but I think I'm still in denial...)
People will get over it I imagine. Would be funny if the 35 roster turned out to be horrible bull****.

Also: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan for brawl (Hogan is eager to reignite his feud with Pikachu for massive buyrates)

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Also: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Hulk Hogan for brawl (Hogan is eager to reignite his feud with Pikachu for massive buyrates)
No, no.

We need Jim Ross.

"BAH GAWD...IT'S SONIC, KANG. SONIC...SONIC IS HERE....BAH GAWD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...HE IS CLEANING HOUSE."

He could miscall every special move and even try to put over Pichu.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Pichu doesn't have the look for brawl. Is steroids a new item? So long as the random side effect isn't to make you kill yourself and your family that could solve Olimar's problem and maybe even get PT to do his own work.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Pichu doesn't have the look for brawl. Is steroids a new item? So long as the random side effect isn't to make you kill yourself and your family that could solve Olimar's problem and maybe even get PT to do his own work.
And then they could remove Pichu's name and existance from SSB once he's done with the act.

OH, that's why he's out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom