• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Does anyone remember that wii-ds.com website with the supposed Ridley confirmation? I just checked it out, and when I ran it through a translator it seems like their source was full of crap and they are apologizing to everyone (they even struck out the original article). Maybe someone who knows Japanese can read it?

It seems like we're getting closer and closer to the 35...
You've gotta be kidding me! Well, looks like I'm glad I didn't add that guy then :D

sv3

Smash Apprentice
All will be forgiven once we see how cool the unlockable characters' movesets are and the game gets rave review after rave review.

There's still so much of this game we haven't seen yet.
Hell, the game already got a 40/40 from Famitsu, didn't it? I don't agree with all their 40/40 and 39/40 scores, but for the most part I think that's just the beginning indication of how awesome Brawl will be regardless of how many characters are on the roster.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Hell, the game already got a 40/40 from Famitsu, didn't it? I don't agree with all their 40/40 and 39/40 scores, but for the most part I think that's just the beginning indication of how awesome Brawl will be regardless of how many characters are on the roster.
But terrible Gundam games score highly on Famitsu reviews.

They're pretty partial based on Japanese fads.

"But they're a Japanese game magazine!"

Yes, but some games are just, objectively, not good.

At any rate, I am not saying Brawl's bad, I'm saying it's QUITE GOOD, but don't judge that on the 40/40. It's not an accurate assessment yet. Judge it on what we know, and that's that we have a ton of content and an amazing roster, even if suddenly we were to wake up and all the secret characters weren't there on it.

EDIT: I'm making a terrible name for myself despite trying to keep things more or less honest and truthful, so let me drive the point home if people are still interpreting me as a troll or a killjoy, or whatever.

I think Brawl is going to be awesome.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I personally trust Famitsu's judgment, considering they've only given 6 games other than Smash a 40/40. However, what I don't believe is that Brawl would have only a 10 character increase, and still get a 40/40. I didn't wait 7 years for Melee 2.0 NOW WITH WI-FI, thank you.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
I personally trust Famitsu's judgment, considering they've only given 6 games other than Smash a 40/40. However, what I don't believe is that Brawl would have only a 10 character increase, and still get a 40/40. I didn't wait 7 years for Melee 2.0 NOW WITH WI-FI, thank you.
Thats what Nintendo wanted at first...thats why Sakurai went so far into this, so we didnt get that

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
It was only 2 years of development, though.

You get what you get. The roster seems small compared to Melee in upgrading terms, but you're not realizing much of Melee's roster weren't original movesets. If these newcomers have good movesets and are declonified, it'll be exponentially better than simply Melee 2.0.

This has gone above and beyond that based on game modes alone. One or two great characters missing will not equal out to just "Melee 2.0."

sv3

Smash Apprentice
It was only 2 years of development, though.

You get what you get. The roster seems small compared to Melee in upgrading terms, but you're not realizing much of Melee's roster weren't original movesets. If these newcomers have good movesets and are declonified, it'll be exponentially better than simply Melee 2.0.

This has gone above and beyond that based on game modes alone. One or two great characters missing will not equal out to just "Melee 2.0."
True, assuming 35, if they remake/replace Ganondorf, Pichu, Falco, Young Link, and Dr. Mario, we're seeing a lot more than just a 10 character increase.

Also, I think a lot of people on these and other boards have focused so much on the game that we've already become jaded by reading info on new, interesting characters like P. Trainer without having even played the game, so the unlockables seem too few.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I just like a little "bang" with my unlockables. Not a feeling of..."wait...I've seen them before"

When I first got Tekken Tag (my first Tekken game :D), I had NO idea who I was unlocking. After a while, I see Kunimitsu, I see Lee Chaolan, and I think, "wow, I did NOT see this coming. This game is awesome!"

Point is, I liked the surprises I unlocked. Honestly, Lucario and Wolf being the only two newcomer characters I LIKE to unlock will kinda disappoint me. At least throw in a Geno, a Micaiah, a Krystal or a Ridley.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
True, assuming 35, if they remake/replace Ganondorf, Pichu, Falco, Young Link, and Dr. Mario, we're seeing a lot more than just a 10 character increase.

Also, I think a lot of people on these and other boards have focused so much on the game that we've already become jaded by reading info on new, interesting characters like P. Trainer without having even played the game, so the unlockables seem too few.
Yep. Exactly. Sakurai said he'd limit unlockables because most would be spoiled quickly in online play anyway.

Plus Sonic and Snake were shown to us to create hype.

But if we didn't know about that, and some of the new characters that are starters were secrets, we'd be probably a lot happier about the final roster because we weren't aware of it as quickly.

It was a double edged sword on his part. Even if the 35 character roster's false and 3-4 more characters everyone wanted make it in, people are still going to be less wowed because he showed so much already that we've grown accustomed to, almost spoiled, really.

I just like a little "bang" with my unlockables. Not a feeling of..."wait...I've seen them before"
But have you? We don't know how they've changed.

When I first got Tekken Tag (my first Tekken game :D), I had NO idea who I was unlocking. After a while, I see Kunimitsu, I see Lee Chaolan, and I think, "wow, I did NOT see this coming. This game is awesome!"
Did you go on forums for that particular game for a solid 2 years? Were there leaks, real or otherwise?

Point is, I liked the surprises I unlocked. Honestly, Lucario and Wolf being the only two newcomer characters I LIKE to unlock will kinda disappoint me. At least throw in a Geno, a Micaiah, a Krystal or a Ridley.
Yep. But as I said, that was Sakurai's intention from the beginning. Most surprises aren't surprises because they'd be ruined for you via online play anyway.

That's a silly rationale on his part, and I think he should've kept Snake and Sonic as trump cards. But he did what he did, and you guys need to realize the roster's great, you're just not focusing on what's already there because you're so used to it.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
At the very least, we're getting the greatest tribute to video game music of all time. At the very least, mind you.

There's so much more to this game than the roster, and the roster is still pretty good! If Sakurai had been slower leaking things, it would be a great roster.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
No, lies. Not including Mewtwo is such an injustice... :cry:
That's the only problem I have, actually, besides a lack of Ridley, with this roster.

Why the HELL would you remove a non-clone (anyone who makes a Mewtwo clone origin joke here gets kicked hard)? Why would you remove a very cool non-clone at that? And a character that was originally not so hot in the first place? You could've improved him so much, Sakurai. Think of the Final Smash potential.

If the final roster turns out to be the 35, I hope noone here minds if I have a big Mewtwo related rant...
I sure don't. I'm not thrilled at the possibility.

Thirding "No Ridley, wth."

Reyairia

Smash Champion
No, lies. Not including Mewtwo is such an injustice... :cry:

If the final roster turns out to be the 35, I hope noone here minds if I have a big Mewtwo related rant...
I just wanted Mewtwo back and Ridley in as a newcomer.
I'm getting screwed over big time here. <_<

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Also, can I please ask how ridley was ever supposed to be playable? He's freaking enormous. Where the hell is he gonna walk? They'd have to shrink the character to Bowser's size to get him to go work right and then he'd look like some kind of ****** version of the epic boss everyone remembers.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Mewtwo sucked, but that's not his fault, it's the dev team's fault. He could have been balanced... they could have saved him :( he was on the home stretch.

The ONLY non-clone character to return, and NO moveset replacement... I'll never be able to play against an amazing Mewtwo user over WiFi :p Even Ness would return if the 35 is true...

OK, it's not true. It's not.

EDIT: To above poster, Olimar is TINY.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo sucked anyway lol
More reason to bring him back for an improvement.

I'd like Mewtwo as a boss if playable is out of the question. At least let him have some glory to retain respect after being a dominant force in the RBY generation, but being a complete rag doll in Melee.

sv3

Smash Apprentice
Also, can I please ask how ridley was ever supposed to be playable? He's freaking enormous. Where the hell is he gonna walk? They'd have to shrink the character to Bowser's size to get him to go work right and then he'd look like some kind of ****** version of the epic boss everyone remembers.
He's only a little bigger than Samus in Melee's opening sequence.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Sadly mewtwo sucked, he needed another chance. But oh well. You know, the people screaming that the 35 char roster is crap, are really annoying, first than all, it's probably fake, second. IT. DOESN'T. SUCK.

platnum

Smash Lord
Mewtwo was too weak for being what he was

Lucario does not have that restriction
I could kick some SERIOUS *** with mewtwo...Its the player, not the character.

BUT, he was kinda sucky...but I think he could have(and still might get) a face lift, gameplay wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom