• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or you haven't mentioned the claims from a person who said they worked on the game. Or they were someone who had access to the information.
And s/he was constantly saying 'You don't have to believe me. It's understandable that you don't."
And then when the update came, it was what that person said.
He, or she, also mentioned Olimar and here it is...
I think the avatar was Peach.
Can someone remember me who that was?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
As soon as I have a detailed set of "leaks" from someone I will add them. I'm not sure who you're talking about >.> I'm sorry... <.<

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Is it me or you haven't mentioned the claims from a person who said they worked on the game. Or they were someone who had access to the information.
And s/he was constantly saying 'You don't have to believe me. It's understandable that you don't."
And then when the update came, it was what that person said.
He, or she, also mentioned Olimar and here it is...
I think the avatar was Peach.
Can someone remember me who that was?
Nin10dough? He was deconfirmed.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's why I didn't post him. As for Vatro Xu, he might have been deconfirmed too. If not, can anyone send me what he said?

Black/Light

Smash Master
Yeah, that's why I didn't post him. As for Vatro Xu, he might have been deconfirmed too. If not, can anyone send me what he said?
Sure! Emailed it to myself just in case. . .

Originally Posted by Vatro Xu
Alright, I've bided my time long enough. This board and others has been an occasional source of amusement recently and to some extent, I've enjoyed observing the fake rosters in order to feel smug about myself. However, this Nin10dough incident is the final straw for me. It's painful to sit by and see so many people swallowed in by his crap (among others) so I figure I'll give the facts now in order to both free people of all these false "prophets" (could you guys have picked a stupider word to describe them?) and be the first to give valid unconfirmed information on Super Smash Bros. Brawl (a more or less pointless title, but one to feed my ego).

About my position and knowledge, I am not a Nintendo employee. I am just a guy who is lucky enough to know the right person. I have not played the game myself, but I have been shown official screen shots of tons of important things previously unknown, therefore I trust my source about the others matters including of which can't be proved with screen shots (such as which characters were removed).

You may not believe me now, but chances are you'll believe me some time before the game comes out.

Also, yes, I'm a provisional account. I created this solely for the purpose of giving info. Don't try to play the "n00b" crap or whatever.

Starting Characters:

The rest of the starting line up consists of Captain Falcon and Krystal. This in fact does mean Shiek and Ness are removed as playable. They aren't secret as I made a point to ask about it. By the way, I am well aware that Aunuma said that he submitted designs for Shiek in Brawl so don't try to act like you've caught me in a lie because of this. Even though he did, Shiek still didn't make it for whatever reasons. Ness should come as no surprise. I don't know the specific updates Sakurai has planned out for every day, but I should dang well think Captain Falcon and Krystal will be announced soon since the release date is so close.

Secret characters:

A few things first, just to put us on the same page: I'm fairly sure Snake and Sonic are unlockables so I won't include them. Secondly, there are clones. The proportion of clones to characters with original move sets doesn't seem to be as high as it was in Melee, but there's still a good portion of them. Where people ever got the idea Sakurai is cutting them I'll never know (and even if he did say he was, which he didn't, he lied). Also, I have not seen these characters in action so I do not know all of their move sets and such. I can make some judgements and speculation from the screen shots however.

Here are the unlockables that I know of (which should be the majority):

Veterans:
Marth, Ganondorf, and Luigi. Now, I have not heard anything about the others, so don't get all pissed off that I didn't include Jigglypuff or Mr. Game and Watch. I just don't know about the others at this point and I didn't ask.

Newcomers (original move sets):
Andy, Ridley, Ray (I don't know if he has a number attached to his name, but he looks pretty similar to the DS incarnation), Mona, Lucario, Captain Olimar, and Lip (the Lip's Stick item means nothing so don't even say it),

Newcomers (clones):
Will (Andy Clone), Black Shadow (Captain Falcon clone), Wolf (Fox clone), Vaati (Zelda clone), Eliwood (Marth clone)

Remember, THESE ARE ONLY ONES I KNOW. Just because I didn't include Geno or Isaac or whoever does not mean they are definitely not in.

Stages:
Again, these are only ones I remember being told about or have seen myself. It's likely there will be more.

New stages:
Venom - Almost nothing like it was in Melee. It takes place on the new Great Fox and had lots of green water in the background
Krazoa Palace - a very accurately done version of the top area where Krystal was trapped
SR388 - This is a planet from the Metroid series but I haven't seen it myself
Popples - From Panel de Pon. The main platform is a long rainbow
Diamond City - In the spirit of Onett, it takes place by Mona Pizza and has a lot of recognizable buildings in the background. Supposedly, Pizza Dinosaur and Dribble and Spitz's cab drive by as a hazard
Mirror world (probably not the actual title) - Simply the hub from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Koholint Island - Rather generic looking, but it had the famous egg in the background
A Nintendo Wars stage - From what I hear, it's like the Castle Seige stage in that it isn't meant to represent a specific game, but rather the whole series. Sorry I can't give more details than that.

Old stages:
Planet Zebes
Sector Z
Peach's Castle
Jungle Japes

Sadly, I couldn't get any info on music but whatever. Furthermore, I don't care at all about online or Subspace Emmisiary so I didn't bother to try to gain info relating to those. Call me shallow, but characters and stages (and to a lesser extent music) are what makes this game for me.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
I think it's safe to say Vatro Xu is full of bull...

most of his info conflicts with everyone else...

and Eliwood playable? Give me a break...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Actually, he just got deconfirmed, since Olimar is now playable, as part of the "starting roster," amirite?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Not to mention the fact that Planet Zebes and Sector Z are TOTALLY redundant stage inclusions in light of Brinstar and Corneria returning from Melee. ;)

Finigin

Smash Cadet
Wow, thanks for this great list! ^_^

I really want to believe what Vatro Xu says... but I'm having a hard time, just like the other leakers.

EDIT: The people who posted above me bring up good points. <.< Still, I hope some of the things he says are true.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
Actually, he just got deconfirmed, since Olimar is now playable, as part of the "starting roster," amirite?
No, your not right.

The commercials for Brawl have already aired and so I severely doubt Olimar is going to be a starter since he isn't in any of them.

Plus he reeks of secret character.

And, remember, Sakurai said in the Wi-Fi update that he's going to reveal secret characters because he knows they are going to be leaked anyway.

So no you are not "rite".

And honestly VatroXu roster is hands-down the most believeable.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
No, your not right.

The commercials for Brawl have already aired and so I severely doubt Olimar is going to be a starter since he isn't in any of them.

Plus he reeks of secret character.

And, remember, Sakurai said in the Wi-Fi update that he's going to reveal secret characters because he knows they are going to be leaked anyway.

So no you are not "rite".

And honestly VatroXu roster is hands-down the most believeable.
Hmmm...I suppose you're right. We don't know who exactly the starting roster is until Sakurai says what it is, or when the game comes out. I'll add Vatro Xu to the prophet list.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
He is the only one to mention clones... His roster conflicts with others... He has characters on there no one else has... Lip, Mona, Andy, Will, Vaati, Black Shadow, Eliwood...

With the exception of Black Shadow none of those seem likely at all...

And all the other leakers have said Sheik and Ness are playable...

This guy's info conflicts too much to be believable... (and his roster sucks :p)

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
FForceSultan finally told us all the characters he was talking about and all the ones he saw in the game.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FForceSultan's Blog-A List- People are doubting me now. Sending me messages how my numbers don't add up.

FINE THEN.

-Mario-

1.Mario

2.Peach

3.Bowser

4.Yoshi

5.Luigi - (Secret)

-DK-

6. DK

7. Diddy Kong

8. King K. Rool - (Secret)

-Wario-

9.Wario

10.Ashley - (Secret)

-Kirby-

11.Kirby

12.King DeDeDe - (Secret)

13.Meta Knight - (Secret)

-Star Fox-

14. Fox

15. Wolf- (Secret)

16. Krystal- (Secret)

(NO FALCO IS A TROPHY AND APPEARS AS A ASSIST TROPHY IN HIS AIRWING WITH SLIPPY AND PEPPY)

-Pokemon-

17.Pikachu

18.Pokemon Trainer

19.Lucario- (Secret)

20.Jigglypuff- (Secret)

(MEWTWO IS OUT BUT IS NOW A POKEBALL)

-Fire Emblem-

21.Ike

22.Marth- (Secret)

(THERE IS A BOSS INVOLVING A BLACK/PURPLE DRAGON AND A MAN RIDING IT LIKE A HORSE)

-Mother-

23.Ness- (Secret)

24.Lucas

25.Pokey- (Secret) "Is in a small spider mech"

(PORKY IS THE BOSS)

-F-Zero-

26. Captain Falcon - (Secret)

27. Deathborn - (Secret)

-Zelda Series-

28.Zelda

29.Link

30.Ganondorf- (Secret)

-Metroid-

31.Samus/Zero Suit Samus

(RIDLEY IS A BOSS)

-Others-

32.Alexia Rovias - (Secret) - "Eternal Darkness"

33.Ice Climbers

34.Mr. Game & Watch - (Secret)

35.Mike Jones - (Secret) - "Star Tropics"

36.Geno- (Secret)

37.Captain Olimar

38.Dr. Lobe - "Big Brain Academy AND Brain Age"

39.Alice- (Secret) "Balloon Kid"

40.Pit

41.Takamaru - (Secret)

42.Rainman- (Secret) "Hanafuda"

43.Sonic - (Secret)

44.Pac-Man - (Secret)

45.Bomberman - (Secret)

46.Snake - (Secret)
So I did a little digging on Hanafuda ... IT'S A CARD GAME!!!!!! XD But then ... I saw this ...

"Nintendo Company, Limited (任天堂株式会社 Nintendō Kabushiki-kaisha?; TYO: 7974, NASDAQ: NTDOY, FWB: NTO) is a Japanese multinational corporation founded on September 23, 1889[1] in Kyoto, Japan by Fusajiro Yamauchi to produce handmade hanafuda cards.[2] In the mid-twentieth century, the company tried several small niche businesses, such as a love hotel and a taxi company.[3] Over the years, it became a video game company, growing into one of the most powerful in the industry and Japan's third most valuable listed company with a market value of more than $85 billion."

My response- "Humminahumminaahuminaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
After my body resumed normal function- The rainman in Brawl is more deserving than anyone. They started out making and selling these cards. Without Hanafuda, none of the characters listed here would exist. If this is true, I wholeheartedly welcome it.

But I still wished this had Ridley and Mewtwo. :( But on the bright side, I got Geno and I got Sonic.

If this is the correct roster, then I'll live.

Shuma

Smash Hero
If that's the correct roster... **** you sakurai, some of those charactes make no sense at all. Now, why do i say it's fake?

10.Ashley - (Secret)

-Metroid-

31.Samus/Zero Suit Samus
(RIDLEY IS A BOSS)
Ashley, yet no second Metroid Rep? no Ridley, no Dark Samus, no Silux? no nothing? after the third game?

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
So wait, is goat confirmed to be lying now? Or has serebii not denied/confirmed the possibility of a Rival Trainer as a BOSS character and not playable?

Also, about the combuskin/blaziken conflict, there's always a chance that there's both of them in the game. There's also the chance rap or goat aren't pokemon experts, and got one of them confused. I know I don't know all the pokemon names, maybe they just quickly wrote down blaziken/combusken. I just don't think that's a huge conflict right there, and it would make for rapscouter and goat to be the true leaks (as long as serebii hasn't deconfirmed Rival Trainer as a Boss.)

Serebii has a reliable source that allowed him to know all about the Diamond/Pearl pokemon before they were released. Serebii is very reliable when it comes down to Pokemon.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
I'm just gonna throw in this before I get the hell outta here:

The ads have NOT shown Zelda or Lucas yet. So the possibility of a fourth Brawl ad showcasing Lucas, Zelda, SHEIK, and Olimar is not out of the question.

JUST SAYIN'

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
hmmm still doubt him, can you please post serebii like he is a prophet, i want to see everything he said about brawl

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Post Updated.

Serebii has technically not said anything, but posted various hints as to what is and isn't deconfirmed. I have highlighted posts other prophets made with conflicts of Serebii.

@InvicibleAgent: Oh, you're right! Will change.

@rusashi: Well...why would Torchic, Combusken AND Blaziken all be PokeBalls? I get Munchlax & Snorlax, but ALL three of an evolution line? I put it as a conflict, since that frankly is a little far fetched.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman

The ads have NOT shown Zelda or Lucas yet. So the possibility of a fourth Brawl ad showcasing Lucas, Zelda, SHEIK, and Olimar is not out of the question.

JUST SAYIN'
That is very, very possible and if that is indeed the last commercial of the STARTING roster, this game will freaking blow my mind.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
Post Updated.

Serebii has technically not said anything, but posted various hints as to what is and isn't deconfirmed. I have highlighted posts other prophets made with conflicts of Serebii.

@InvicibleAgent: Oh, you're right! Will change.

@rusashi: Well...why would Torchic, Combusken AND Blaziken all be PokeBalls? I get Munchlax & Snorlax, but ALL three of an evolution line? I put it as a conflict, since that frankly is a little far fetched.
Eh, nothing is far-fetched, except for the pokemon (lol, pun.)

This is Brawl, anything goes. And it's possible the Torchic evolution line might be the most popular, so Sakurai threw them all in. Until serebii deconfirms them, I don't think it should be a conflicting leak.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Alright, maybe that's true. Also, that could be one of rapscouter's lies, & therefore he could still be right.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
You know, I just realized something... All one has to do to be a credible prophet is avoid talking about Pokemon! =P

Oh and Rainman from the Hanafuda Cards... I can just that the WTF?! Character as well as having an important place in Nintendo History... by being the START of Nintendo

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
did this happen for melee? the profett fenomenon i mean

this is really amazing, ive never seen millions of people like this over a video game (cept maybe halo tres)

even so, really cool if ya think about it

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
^That owns. And also, he lines up with all of these people saying that there is a REALLY OLD character in the game. one that is so old no-one will remember who he is.

RAINMAN 4 BRAWL!

Shuma

Smash Hero
Didn't someone say there was a character using an umbrella as a weapon? Or was it the same guy.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Rainman is apparently one of the highest valued cards (kinda like an Ace in Blackjack, how it can be 11 points), it's worth 20 points along with "Sun & Crane," "Sakura Banner," "Full Moon with Red Sky" and "Chinese Phoenix."

Now up on the post: A Rainman for Brawl stamp!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Serebii has a reliable source that allowed him to know all about the Diamond/Pearl pokemon before they were released. Serebii is very reliable when it comes down to Pokemon.
Yeah, and I don't know why people don't understand this.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

It is truly THE source for Pokémon information. He has sources, but he is no "prophet." He's an informant / informer / informee. He may not know everything about Brawl, but I guarantee you that he knows a good deal (if not all) of the Poké-portions.

JUST SAYIN'
No, I totally agree. I am almost sure that there will be enough commercials to feature every member of the starting roster.

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
Since this is bascially a compilation of rumors i think nyasenya's toon link addition should be added
/boggle

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Since this is bascially a compilation of rumors i think nyasenya's toon link addition should be added
/boggle
Actually, this is more like a compilation of leakers than haven't been debunked by official Nintendo sources, and have been the most "non trolling" out of all the prophets. Also, the ones featured seem to at least be likely to a degree. I don't even know what nyasenya predicted, I just know that they were debunked, yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom