• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An index of "leaks" and status: forbrawlbattle's "second post" and Brawl360 removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Why would a Japanese magazine, targeted to a Japanese audience, publish the English names for the Diamond/Pearl Pokemon and assorted Gym Leaders/Trainers/Elites?
There are alot of japanese users on the serebii forums who translate stuff for him, if by now he can't do it himself.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
I actually did some research into the game Koi Koi and the Hanafuda Cards...

FFSultan CAN'T be right! The "Rainman" actually HAS a name: Ono no Michikaze or Ono no Tōfū. He's an Ancient Japanese Calligrapher who created the Japanese style of calligraphy. According to Japanese history or legend, Ono no Michikaze, as a young man, was walking in the rain and saw a frog attempting to eat an insect in a willow tree. Watching the frog fail again and again before ultimately succeeding he learned the value of perseverence. This scene shows up on any artwork featuring him, including the 80¥ "Willow and frog" stamp, and of course, the Rain Card of Hanafudu. He does not fight Giant Enemy Crabs by flipping them over and attacking their weak point for Massive Damage.

Hanafuda Cards
Ono no Michikaze on Wikipedia

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Heretique, I hate to break it to you, but there are two things wrong with your assumption there. One, even if this was false. That doesn't bump any of the sections up to over 3 lies. Second. It's not false, Olimar happens to be First Party.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
rapscouter is a fake.

"The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week. (The week of January 14-January 18)" -False, thanks to Olimar.

"The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him." --False, thanks to Olimar (how would that even work?)
What?

No no. He means next week they'll be revealed. He meant not this week on the dojo. He posted that when we had no Dojo updates.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
rapscouter is a fake.

"The Dojo will reveal the 3rd third party character not this week, but the following week. (The week of January 14-January 18)" -False, thanks to Olimar.

"The third 3rd party's character level is from the same series, but not from the same game as him." --False, thanks to Olimar (how would that even work?)
olimar isnt a third party there guy

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
How does Olimar make that a lie?

Olimar is not a third party character, and the DOJO HAS revealed two characters within a four day span minimum (PT & Peach for instance). Wait till next week to classify those statements as false, please.

On January 18th, if we don't have a third party confirmation on the DOJO by then, consider that rapscouter statement as a lie. Also, almightygoat will be a liar as well if this occurs.

I dunno how rapscouter's second comment would work either, but it'll all make sense in due time.

Heretique

Smash Apprentice
Oh, wow, I was for some reason under the impression Olimar is third party (even though I have both Pikmins). My bad.

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
How does Olimar make that a lie?

Olimar is not a third party character, and the DOJO HAS revealed two characters within a four day span minimum (PT & Peach for instance). Wait till next week to classify those statements as false, please.

On January 18th, if we don't have a third party confirmation on the DOJO by then, consider that rapscouter statement as a lie. Also, almightygoat will be a liar as well if this occurs.

I dunno how rapscouter's second comment would work either, but it'll all make sense in due time.
It means he's a character from a long running series, but his map is from another game, like.. say Cecil from FF6 makes it in, and the map is Midgard from FF7 (just an example, I don't think that's possible at all.)

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
I say they're ALL fakes. They've all got things that conflict with each other, and they've all got information that is phony in one way or another. Continue speculating by all means, but they're all phony...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Ah, I get you. Like Geno could have a stage from Mario & Luigi DS (let's just say, which he made a cameo btw), but he himself is from Super Mario RPG.

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Sultan guy= Non Believe..

The only one to believe is Goat... but the Rival Trainer as Boss. It is possible. But I think very unlikley.. Well we will see. Now I think of the wonderfull Olimar <3

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
serebii doesnt actully give info. He just says that the info certain people give conflict with his source. Just use the search function and type in serebii.

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
wow, so much effort for something so silly (original post). Nice job with organization though, ****!

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Whoa. that Fforce guy has quite the list there. I would be pretty satisfied with it... Pokey running around heavily armored would be an awesome but spoilerz-to-the max addition. I almost don't want to believe these leaks, they're making me too excited :p

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Here my thing about all these leaks. Not one that I can remember has actually included an AC rep.

Thats how I know 99% of these are fake. What are the chances that in the "Emblem Theory" that the AC emblem thats situated in the newcomers section doesn't have a newcomer.

Call me old fashioned but im inclined to believe we have some type of rep. Whether it be an AC human or Tom Nook.....only time will tell.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
Thats how I know 99% of these are fake. What are the chances that in the "Emblem Theory" that the AC emblem thats situated in the newcomers section doesn't have a newcomer.

Probably the same chances that the DS emblem does of having a character? I'm really hoping that there's an AC character, but the game's emblem doesn't necesarrily mean anything.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
"-Boss: Pokemon Trainer (AKA Blue/Gary) w/ Bayleef, Totodile & Typhlosion (Serebii deconfirmed this, but nonbelievers in Serebii would get angry if I put this as a "deconfirmed")"

Are you sure he deconfirmed this? I don't remember him saying this was false.

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Problems with rapscouter:

1) Serebii says no PokeFloats 2
2) Nudey magazine item? Yeah right.
3) No Marth?
4) Most importantly, he says that Sector Z will return. Can anyone argue me that this would serve any purpose? Corneria from Melee is already back in. What purpose would this serve AT ALL? I doubt this stage will be added as change-up of backgrounds.
5) Blastoise and Zapdos were not included in the "returning Pokemon" DOJO!! update

He says he's throwing lies in with "real info" to account for wrong guesses that he will make... don't believe it!!

Hejiru

Smash Ace
For each set, he has stated that three things within are lies.
Graaaaagh!!!! :mad:

But this guy sounds most believeable out of all of them. almightygoat I'm not sure, but starting to doubt, and the second sounds full of bs.

Revven

FrankerZ
"-Boss: Pokemon Trainer (AKA Blue/Gary) w/ Bayleef, Totodile & Typhlosion (Serebii deconfirmed this, but nonbelievers in Serebii would get angry if I put this as a "deconfirmed")"

Are you sure he deconfirmed this? I don't remember him saying this was false.
Serebii didn't ever comment on the Pokemon Rival Trainer boss, rather, he commented on another "leaker's" roster list that had Pokemon Rival Trainer as a playable with three different Pokemon.

Again, Serebii did not comment on thealmightygoat's update today. Rather, he talked about a different "leaker" and deconfirmed their roster.

YSM

Smash Apprentice
Serebii didn't ever comment on the Pokemon Rival Trainer boss, rather, he commented on another "leaker's" roster list that had Pokemon Rival Trainer as a playable with three different Pokemon.

Again, Serebii did not comment on thealmightygoat's update today. Rather, he talked about a different "leaker" and deconfirmed their roster.
That's what I thought, so the OP should edit that out. Serebii hasn't commented on goat's claims that the Rival is a boss. In fact, he was asked a few times and never responded, which only helps goat's claims, imo.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Honestly, I can't see how ANY of you are taking these leakers seriously. What have they done to prove their trustworthiness? You don't even KNOW these people personally. How can you so casually take them at their word because they "sound like their telling the truth"? What makes anyone of them more believable than another? Do you think it's that hard to just sit down and BS stuff like this? Don't you think any average joe could be making these claims?
I understand how much you WANT these prophecies to be true, but believing in them won't change reality. It is futile to believe in ANYTHING other than what has been confirmed at E for All, Jump Festa, or the Dojo. Just wait 2 weeks for the game to come out and stop getting your hopes up over stuff that is very likely untrue.

cswright

Smash Apprentice
well FFS answers questions so here we go. i asked him about olimars FS and he gave me it, so we shall see soon whether he is credible i think:

i see you have olimar.....i'm looking forward to using him, can you tell me about some of his special moves? how does he use the pikmin? what is his final smash? thank you again for answering questions

The SS Dolphin is his Final Smash.

The colors of the Pikmin are all different strengths. So depending which color you pull, it effects the amount of damage given and the speed the move is performed. One even throws the enemy further.

http://www.gamespot.com/users/FForceSultan/

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
What the hell? Whatever happened to Wario Alone is special. Are we supposed to believe that every other character has an unlockable costume besides Wario then? Not to mention more than half of those costumes sound ridiculous or something he pulled out of his ***, as though he's practically just giving a character an alt costume for the sake of them having an alt costume.

Yeah, whatever credibility I had for FFS is seriously starting to slip away.

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
SOrry I was out...jeezus...I need to add a crapload of rumors here. Bear with me while I add the 2Chan list & FFS's alt. costume rant.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
Don't forget thealmightygoat's recanting of his Pokemon Rival info, and his replacement info (Mario Bros. stage and Furniture Leaf item)

cswright

Smash Apprentice
majin, you should also know that now thealmightygoat has renouced his claim of apkmn rival. Surely he heard serebii deconfirmed it and so he said he found out that source was bad. He has made a new post with new info to replace the old one but this incident screams fake...

"About five days ago, I received a letter from a man claiming to know one of my sources. It must have been a lucky guess on his part as to the origin of the source, and he said he knew info as well. He was a liar. I cannot reveal what his e-mail said, nor his address to protect his identity, but he claimed he knew of the Pokemon Rival boss and that there would be two more new characters on Dojo before the Japanese release:Ridley anda Clavatfrom Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. He also claimed to know of Super Mario Galaxy music that would be in the game. However, after seeing how far his info had gotten, he came forward and apologized. I, too, apologize. So I'm going to start over with today's update and present this piece of information I was planning to reveal Friday, which is in fact from a reliable source. To make sure no one else was tricking me, I double-checked my sources and how reliable they are. They are, in fact, still reliable, so thankfully no other information is false. So here is a brand new update in place. This is in two parts:

1. NEW ITEM: Furniture Leaf

Joining the Pitfall in the category of Animal Crossing items is the Furniture Leaf! It starts off as a leaf when you hold it, but when you throw it, it turns into a piece of furniture! Just like in the Animal Crossing games! I've been told it's one of the funnier items to use, and it deals a good amount of damage, too. When I heard of this, I realized how ingenius this item was, and it could have been part of an Animal Crossing character's moveset, but this is far more fun.

2. NEW STAGE: Mario Bros.

The original Mario Bros. arcade game has been re-worked yet again, this time into a Smash Bros. stage! It's been updated graphically, of course, and I've been told it's a pretty compact stage. Expect the same enemies from the original game, as well as the long awaited return of the POW Block! Also, the Warp Pipes can transport you to different parts of the stage. It's one of those stages that was designed for true battle.

Once again, I apologize deeply. Tomorrow's update will be fantastic, for sure....

PREVIEW: For another apology, I spent four hours trying to get in contact with one of my sources, and he is one that has told me the most interesting information thusfar. He divulged on the cut character from Melee having a role in SSE, and told me about several of the new characters. I don't plan on revealing them, but he has told me boss information to make up for today. I'll reveal two bosses: one from a 3rd Party universe, and the other is....an Animal Crossing boss?!?! Sounds interesting? You bet it does. "

master_link12

Smash Cadet
hey now with the confirmation of captain olimar and the pikmin songwouldnt it give more credibility to one of those prophets that said there was this stage that included a duracell battery?

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
What's funny is that I still don't think that Serebii actually disconfirmed the Rival Trainer as a boss, just as a playable character. Guilty conscience, perhaps? :chuckle:

Revven

FrankerZ
What's funny is that I still don't think that Serebii actually disconfirmed the Rival Trainer as a boss, just as a playable character. Guilty conscience, perhaps? :chuckle:
Yeah, he didn't deconfirm thealmightygoat, he deconfirmed a different "leaker" who had Rival trainer as a playable with different Pokemon from thealmightygoat's selection. (As in, it wasn't Tododile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom