• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AMAZING strat I figured out for people above you

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
okay so you know how you aren't sure if that snake player you're fighting is going to nair/bair back onto the stage, or do an air dodge? Well, with systematic timing, you can just cover their fall with MKs jump + Uair (or falling Uair), and if they land on the ground (there is 2 frames landing lag on air dodge in this game, compared to the 4 frames landing lag melee had [or the 10 frames landing lag from air dodges melee had]) you can spam X so you footstool their head and then Dair them.

If done right, you will either have your Dair hitbox out to hit them during their 2 frames landing lag of air dodge, OR you will footstool their head automatically (I usually do this by accident, but I do it extremely often) into a Dair to hit them back off the stage.

I think if perfected, this could become an extremely good advanced technique for MK users. Mathematically, it is very unlikely they will get past this if you do it well, and even if they do block your dair, you're still safe because you're doing a rising double jump Dair anyway, making this a very safe, but effective strategy.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
so fall with them with uair, or wait till they airdodge to foorstoll+dair?

how often do u do this. you should post some vids of you m2k i need to learn quickly

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
If the snake catches on there's a chance he would just c4, unless I'm not getting what you mean.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
@M2K:

Are you talking about simply spamming the up air then following up into a dair if air dodged? I seen gimpyfish do this in a Danimals video I was looking at about a month ago. What I like to do is use the uair to try and set up a dair WOP by punishing air dodges. Or, as you stated, rising dairs (I learned this from watching your MetaKnight against that Wario).

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about, though. It's kinda hard to follow through text. Do you have any vids of you doing this?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Metaknights UpAir > all of Snake's aerials.

And I actually have no idea what you meant by that second part. But hey, now I know the frame count on landing from an air dodge.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
I still think dropping c4 would counter this strategy well. Just drop the c4 onto the uairing MK and explode it.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Ah, but MK has a gimp on Snake now.

Whatever any player finds for Brawl, please keep continue on. It's making the game more unbalanced and broken every time someone finds something new.

Keep finding new things MK players. <3

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
MK has loads of gimps on snake. If snake leaves the stage, he should be dead.

UpTown

Smash Apprentice
basically do a uair combo repeatedly then when opponent air dodges use dair? does this work on every char? or just snake or what?

(sorry for like 3 questions)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
no, if the snake is smart (and DIs well and up Bs early at a good angle) its hard to edge guard them

there's lots of tricky ways to recover, it's just most snake players are too generic
Yeah, I see what your saying, but if they get back to the stage I usually try to uair them if no luck, I just dair them off the stage and restart the shenanigans.

angelspe3d

Smash Journeyman
MK has loads of gimps on snake. If snake leaves the stage, he should be dead.
if ur playin a stupid snake.....

snake has a good recovery against mk....

but thats a nice trick,... seems like it would work... but its a systematic thing... just reading the snake... which M2k does ...

Top Bottom