• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Alternate Colors

Royblazer

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I saw a thread relating to this (at least in same context and not old.) And I do realize there's a Favorite Alternate Color (or many other words for color) thread in General.

So.

What's your favorite alternate color for Pit, and why? Did you plan on choosing this color or did it just grow on you? Any other favorites? Do they have any specific meaning?

My favorite is the red colored Pit. I actually don't mind most of his colors, but that red tinted hair color reminded me of Roy, and I got all sentimental. D: So now I choose red in memory of Roy. I actually didn't like red much from the initial pictures. I was leaning towards default or fallen angel colors. I stopped using Fallen Angel, cause whenever I played with my friends, it was always taken, and it was always a race to see who could get it first, xD. Other than the red, I use default and golden. But I'm too lazy to develop different styles, so they're just colors to me. (I recall a user saying the different colors were for different styles in his/her gameplay.)

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
Green for me cause <nerdism> brawl name is dendrit which latin is to do with trees and trees are green haha </nerdism> plus green is jsut ballin in general

oh and im truly sorry for thinking that hard about something as silly as a name and color haha

lmnz

Smash Apprentice
psh it's not golden. it's YELLOW =]. and i pick yellow cuz i'm lemonz... what other color am i supposed to use? lol =D

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm almost always Green for most characters. However Pit is always Pure White.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Yellow or Gold, but whatever the color is, it reminds me of gold. Plus it goes with Pit's entrance, with the light color that he appears from. In addition to that, he's with Golden Bowser, making it better.
I do use the blue one, if i want to take a different approach, but Yellow/Gold is primary. Maybe i should see what strategy i can use for Regular Pit, so i can have a 3rd split personality.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Normal matches (in order)
1. White
2. Black
3. Golden

Doubles
Green, and only green. I can't stand the pink and light blue colors. The light blue would be tolerable if the wings weren't also blue.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I like red because my element is fire (Saggitarius) and because it makes Pit look like Light/Kira from Death Note.
Anyone wanna paste a picture of (red/black)Pit with the Death Note? That would be freaking awesome.

Jarabe 93

Smash Apprentice
I chose red, not only because I liked the pink tinge (to honor the almighty Kirby), but because I really didn't like the other colors...

-Default over-emphasized on White
-Golden over-emphasized on Gold/Yellow
-Green lacks a golden headpiece (bling pleez)
-Blue has blue wings (angels need white ones, amirite?)
-"Fallen" is too dark for a guy like Pit IMO

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Black Pit = Ryuk. But still not cool enough to make Black Pit any good. >_>

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I always use the default Pit, I just don't really like most of his other colors. I prefer Green in Team Battles. All in all, I just don't really like it when they switch his wing color. I think it looks dumb.

DAVEEED

Smash Rookie
This is actually important to me, I don't know if that's weird or not, but I really didn't like all of the character color selections in brawl. I know there's more and all but I just think some of them aren't badass enough and I always want my guy to look tough no matter what.

Basically I started with fallen angel but then got sick of it, especially since I would get confused where pit was in team battles when I played in smashville at night or when the background of FD was black (which are like the only stages I play because I like the simplicity), so I switched to pure white. But then I wanted some variety so I went to green, and then switched to blue when I got bored w/ green. I switch between all of them now except red (I don't like pink), it's basically just what mood I'm in.

kinda long for a color thread haha sorry.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Nobody likes black pit?

I always go black pit, in my opinion it makes pit look at lot more... mean lol

I mean pit looks kind of wimpy with his sissy wings and what not so throwing that black suit on him toughens him up a little lol

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
When i play i use either Black/Blue/Green/Gold - Yes theres alot of them but bear with me...
Green - Looks like a Greek Mythology person to me for some odd reason...
Black - Black and white are the only 2 colors i wear... (I'm not gothic lol)
Blue - He looks like the sky... no homo
Gold - HE'S AN ANGEL!?

I rarely use Red because his shirt is pink and as it is pit has a little girls voice so i figured his voice is already like a 13 year old girl why would i put a pink shirt on him?!

I dont use default well.. beacuse its default lol

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nah man. Anyone can dress tough to look tough. The ones you have to look out for are the kind ones. Because it's those whom fight with conviction that are the strongest willed.

Though that might not carry over into Smash... lol

Raynesypher

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Under you've helped me on some of your vids and i agree with you in most cases when i read your posts but this one... not so much this game is called super smash BROTHERS not super smash SISSIES :-P <3 no homo though

p.s. noone in a pink shirt is going to look tough.... sorry to say it :-D

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well I was referring to the White garb. lol Pink would be a preference, however if you're dealing with the topic of Angels, it's White or Black. ^_^

Blue_Pit

Smash Cadet
Obviously I chose Blue Pit because his clothes matches the clear blue sky
It's like a camouflage

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I guess I should try regular-colored Pit for a bit, even though I favor Gold/Yellow the most.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I like your theme when looking at your sig man. You should stick to gold in my opinion. I was actually considering gold while I was getting good with Link. And heck, you have a Gold and White theme. That's even more unique! lol

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Thanks for your kind words Undr ^^
To be honest, you were the one that was inspiring me to use the Regular-colored Pit, but if you say i should stick to the Gold one, I will. Gold really matches the Celestial theme of mine, as well as matching Bowser and Metaknight.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah. I prefer the Pure White over top of the Gold any day. However the opportunity that's fallen into your lap is priceless. lol It really is a shame you don't main Link too. =P

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I had a yellow Link, but he is slow, and has bad recovery. I also had problems controlling him and he isnt completely my style. Because of that, I could not use him anymore.
Btw, my sig says my name and "Celestial Empire" just in case you cannot see it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Yeah I made note to "View Image" your sig when you updated it out of curiosity. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Ur sig makes me both curious and nervous. Idk y i have that feeling. I still like it nonetheless.
As for my Gold/white team, 3 looks better than 4 for some reason, or to put this in a bettar way, Odd numbers look better than Even numbers.

Top Bottom