• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ALT [Results on First Post]

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I should have all the vids uploaded tonight if not then they will be done tomorrow.
much appreciated Alan. If something happens with youtube again I could upload some on my laptop. It will be slow but it'll get the job done. Also, are you coming over tommorow?

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
Im almost certain people have the intention of continuing Melee? The vast majority of people I spoke to at this tournament didnt like Brawl as much as Melee. I agree with this :suess:.

Prolly do shoutouts in the not too distant Pipeture. I had alot of fun though and Nandos was ridiculous.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Def agree with the brawl sit, ditch it - keep melee. fuzzy is right, we got bored of it in 15 minz, i had two matches and i was bored.
Great tourny, bomberman was ridiculous.
Shout outs later, maybe.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Okay, so the reasons i thought of where ****, basically just everything else i've read in the boards. But, i feel Melee, at least for now is the better choice for tournament play. If i got bored of brawl after a few matches, playing it all day would bore me to death. I own the game, and for ahwile it was fun, but at a casual level. It is def not meant for competitive play, at least for now. Maybe it'll develop but right now its...****.

Kone

Smash Master
All seven of your arguments are terrible and just prove that you dont understand competitive games :/

I love melee and Id happily keep playing it but its going no where. We havent had new players in a long time. The UK community is stagnant, not in terms of competition, but in terms of crack on the forums and player numbers. There is around 20 people that take this game seriously in the UK. What will happen in a year? when brawl is out in the UK and some of these 20 may have gone to brawl?

You can choose to play melee but itl be like n64 now, there really is no point denying that. Melee is not like sf etc we wont be able to maintain a healthy community. Im going to play brawl cos id prefer to have tournament with 50+ people than tournaments with 15 people.

Smashboards should divide into brawl/melee areas in terms of where to post rearding tournies etc so that those wanting to go one route can without influencing the other i.e. possibly negatively.

Im putting chips down on brawls side. Theres more to gain :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Brawl is possibly one of the most disgusting examples of game developers not understanding the competitive community

Sorry about the hating ed, but i feel a lot of the competitive community would agree

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I played brawl for the first time on Saturday. I wasnt impressed

Realy hope there are more melee tourns

Kone

Smash Master
Lol charles you cant suggest that you talk for everyone. Clearly looking through smashboards players are divided on the matter. Its not like its stacked in melees favour ;)

Melee wasnt designed for the competitive community.............this is nintendo not capcom.

My point still remains, those that want choose melee. Just keep your judgements of any brawl thread.

Melees awesome. Enjoy it while it lasts :)

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Edit: Sorry Kone I was typing this when you posted that, and never seen it till' I posted.

I've owned Brawl for a little less than a month now and have played it for hours on end, online and offline and just this Saturday, in a tournament.

I think personally, that Melee is the better game and ALWAYS will be. Now that I've entered in two events on the same day I can clearly see that without a doubt in my mind that Brawl will never be, what Melee was... an amazing game.

I'm going to give a few reasons why I think this later, if I were to type them now I'm 90% sure they wouldn't make sence, I'm absolutely shattered.

As for siding with one of the games, I say Melee.

Also, I also had more fun playing Bomberman 93' than playing Brawl. I agree with everyone that was pointing out things that they didn't like about Brawl on the day of the tournament. Next time Charles, you wont win 3 sets of 5 in a row at it. (Bomberman.)

Kone

Smash Master
I dont think theres any need in arguing. Basically brawl is different enough from melee that people will choose one or the other or go to tournaments for both. I think we just need to not hate regarding it and let people get on with what they want :)

I agree melee is a better game...after 7 years ;) lol

VA

Smash Hero
Forget all this brawl ********, we need to say congratz on another awesome liverpool tournament, AALT!

I also want to say well done to all new guys that turned up, 5th in doubles Wiggum!? LOL. Kyuubi X was freaking awesome. Loved hanging out with everyone, nando's was too good. Well done Charles for being disgusting again.

Edwin: I don't know why you felt it necesary to do that stupid mind game on me but it really worked. so well done for being pr1ck. tbh it really was childish and pointless and even though it was stupid of me it kind of wrecked the tournament day (lol at those who saw me after my pools matches). I personally believe it's because you were a bit threatened and felt like dampening my spirits would work well in your favour/help you easily get 3rd place. It was a really ****ing low blow and I felt disgusted with you at the time.

That said, I think you're a decent enough guy and I'm really not one to hold a grudge, congratz on third and I respect your skill as a smasher.

Other shout outs to come later.

P.S is there a thread for shout outs?

monty06

Smash Ace
Edit: Sorry Kone I was typing this when you posted that, and never seen it till' I posted.

I've owned Brawl for a little less than a month now and have played it for hours on end, online and offline and just this Saturday, in a tournament.

I think personally, that Melee is the better game and ALWAYS will be. Now that I've entered in two events on the same day I can clearly see that without a doubt in my mind that Brawl will never be, what Melee was... an amazing game.

I'm going to give a few reasons why I think this later, if I were to type them now I'm 90% sure they wouldn't make sence, I'm absolutely shattered.

As for siding with one of the games, I say Melee.

Also, I also had more fun playing Bomberman 93' than playing Brawl. I agree with everyone that was pointing out things that they didn't like about Brawl on the day of the tournament. Next time Charles, you wont win 3 sets of 5 in a row at it. (Bomberman.)
bomberman 93 pwns. we and charles where the only ones winning, congrats on zeppo and jow winning bout 5 games betwenn them.

i also agree with charles and bomberman side event

VA

Smash Hero
haha, don't start me on my expectations, too much conversation about this with Z already lol.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
bomberman 93 pwns. we and charles where the only ones winning, congrats on zeppo and jow winning bout 5 games betwenn them.

i also agree with charles and bomberman side event
I was pretty close in two of the sets aswell...we each had 4 games.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
super edit lol:

i've decided bad times are bad times and i'm not one for them

i find the brawl trash talk disagreeable D:

i would like to disagree with all brawl trash talk and suggest that you should all take a step further forward in to the game.

i can't say that it's as deep as melee - nobody can truely say. But hey - end of the day - MikeG is playing it and mikeG is jus too cool. Azen is playing it.. and guys, Azen is loving it D: azen is too cool. And GUYS - they are both playing Ike.. and ike.. well, boys and girls, ike is just too ****ed cool.

that's how i see it haha

our very own GAwes loves this ish too, and plays LUIGI! now if that isn't good times i dunno what is haha

come on guys - don't be down like a clown charlie brown, brawl has much to give i'm sure of it !

good job to everyone who competed

Allan ! you are a legend!!

Aiko

Smash Champion
also, nando's rock paper scissors tournament

1. JO3
2. Aiko
3. Zeppo
4. AmcD

Immense mindgames!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
shoutouts

Zeppo- good games as always. Roy and marth got piped :laugh:

Caleb- good to see you + play you again. I didn't think I'd win our match in pools but I did my best anyway. Well played in teams.

P.Pro- awesome peach and pretty decent fox. mm was fun might do it again sometime. Good job getting 4th

B.B.- why did you leave so soon? We had a few games which was good but more would have been decent.

Anon- lol Bill and son. Pleased we did well in teams seeing as I usually win barely a game let alone match. Advance wars was good as well altough I have come to the conclusion that either you or Monty cheated seeing as how I had my entire army on your doorstep. Either that or Phil has some explaining to do

P.dot- those matches were fun as hell :laugh:. Good to see that your still playing Doc. The Ylink still ***** of course

Edwin- Well done doing so well in brackets. We had some good games.

Monty- I got beasted by roy lol.

Phil- what the hell happened?!?! We had them on the ropes!!!! It was good to see you + play you again.

V.A.- I wanted to play you some more cos you were looking a it rusty in our games.

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Singles:
1. Fuzzyness
2. Cpt Zeppo
3. Tears of Sephiroth
4. Professor Pro
5. Reacher
5. Vanity Angel
7. Chrisboi
7. Ogre
9. Aiko
9. AmcD
9. JO3
9. Lord Rust
13. AC Anon (surprise surprise)
13. Blood Bowler
13. Coey
13. P.dot

After chatting all this whack about how chrisboi is so ****e, he came 7th, how do you guys feel

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Singles:
1. Fuzzyness
2. Cpt Zeppo
3. Tears of Sephiroth
4. Professor Pro
5. Reacher
5. Vanity Angel
7. Chrisboi
7. Ogre
9. Aiko
9. AmcD
9. JO3
9. Lord Rust
13. AC Anon (surprise surprise)
13. Blood Bowler
13. Coey
13. P.dot

After chatting all this whack about how chrisboi is so ****e, he came 7th, how do you guys feel
lolol

he surely showed em

gj chrissy

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about it and whilst I get some sort of competitive satisfaction from Brawl being new and Zard being a beast, I will generally put it on and think I'd rather be playing Melee lol. I started playing Melee and I'll finish when thats done( hopefully never?), theres too much about Brawl that I dislike( and that doesnt mean the lack of advanced techs, stfu) to play it competitively and personally I hope to see more Melee tournies still happening.

Shoutouts:

Charles - I should have won, we know this, it is established. Nah your counterpicks were well smart. Good matches? Im not sure, I dont think either was playing their best. Certainly competitive though.

Edwin - Your Marth is defensively sound and your grab game is excellent. You seem to always step it up near the end of matches though, I think you should try and maintain that the whole time.

Prof Prof - Very nice Peach. I was surprised with how adaptable you were and you had some ridiculous new strats like the turnip throw ****. Had you used Sheik in that MM theres a chance you might have won, but if we break it down to the bare facts my Roy is obviously hardcore ridiculous and few are capable.

Phil - Truely a hero of the modern era, the crack did not dissapoint this time around, bar your questionable choices of warfare in the Kebab vs Nandos campaign. No wonder you lost at Advance Wars imo. Smashwise you were looking very nice imo though you obvtacular didnt care much.

VA - Unlucky in the bracket. Most else I've prolly already spoken to you about but good times nonethepipe.

Chrisboi - Oh my goodness, what a legend. You are the smuggest man in Britain this much is established. Well played obv.

Alan - Legend, always good crack and Nandos was genius. I think you could be doing much better in tournies, I dont believe 9th is justified. Your smart enough, maybe you're not defensive enough or just get nervous.

Anthony - Also a legend, nice Nandos tournament. I also refuse to believe this 9th pish, step it up lads. You guys were a good team also and you could have done better lol.

Lord Rust - Nice in pools, still solid though I was playing ****e lol (johns johns johns). Work on your Falcon DI, away from his uair or you will always get piped.

Joe - Waaah Im a neat eater I dont like your food :laugh: nah good crack was certainly had and most essentially my goodness are we **** in teams.

Allan - Many conversations of a humourous nature were exchanged between said persons. Good times, life is like a pipe.

BB - eh?

Coey - Still cant believe you like Meet the Spartans. Consider us divorced crack-wise:laugh:.

Ben - Unlucky in pools, my Marth had absolutely **** all rofl. My Roy on the other hand :suess:

Kieran - Get out of pools for f+ck sake.

lads - You both looked emo as f*ck but i hope you enjoyed yourselves, though it'd be hard to see me ****** from behind those fringes imo.

Dan - Nice guy, I'll see you at the mengfest blatezcore.

Remember guys, the only person who pressures you is yourself. Best advice I ever got piped by.

And some smash Philosophy for signing out:

It is a smashers obligation to replicate the two conflicting energies of life through the medium of fighting.

~Z~

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Really p*ssed I couldn't make this, the momz was being a typical black african parent. Obv would've won this thing with pikachu etc. Any vids going up any time? A bit dissapointed in Edwin and Z, letting Charles win another tourney. Lol disgraceful. GJ though Charles.

Kone

Smash Master
Dont be so cheeky. Theyve just ran a tournament and hosted ****loads of people. Its exhausting. I understand that the last thing they want to do is sit down for ages and upload vids. Its time consuming any highly tedious!

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
Plus Ant's connection at the flat isn't that great, Alan needs to go home to do it, it's understandable why it's the only one really.

Also off topic: Anyone that got MK Wii early or downloaded it (Not sure how many of you have a chipped Wii and can do it this way) 0688-5347-8689 friend code.

I think play with a friend is the only thing that works on wifi until launch.

Top Bottom