• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
Yeah that's a very good point, it always makes me smile when I hear people say they're giving up on Melee but plan on being "the best" at Brawl. If you suck so much at Melee, it's because you don't invest the time necessary to become good (which isn't such a bad thing, I know plenty of more interesting things to do with your time than play Melee) and you haven't developed mind-reading skills (which some people just naturally have an easier time doing). If you don't put more of your free time into your chosen game and never could get any kind of mindgames going on, don't expect to suddenly become that game's guru.

By the way, putting all your eggs in the Brawl basket might backfire; what tells you the game won't be crap?
I knew I fell in love with you for more than your looks.

edit: not really but he raises good points =D

Sanu

Smash Champion
Ontopic: Yeah, good points, yeah, stuff, text, ascii, yeah.

Offtopic: No more heroes is going to own, shaddap.

Edit: Wtf @ that video?

Desh

Smash Ace
um who ever suggested online tournies...no.
thats horribly dum for people without wifi or intranets...or a wii. there could be people that would come to actual tournaments at venues who are better then someone...who couldnt play online to prove it or w.e.

online tournaments would be worse then this huge arguementative mess. everyone just eat a cookie and shaddap. also wak mind replying ? ...ever =[ ?

Damax

Smash Lord
um who ever suggested online tournies...no.
thats horribly dum for people without wifi or intranets...or a wii. there could be people that would come to actual tournaments at venues who are better then someone...who couldnt play online to prove it or w.e.

online tournaments would be worse then this huge arguementative mess. everyone just eat a cookie and shaddap. also wak mind replying ? ...ever =[ ?

there would still be regional tournaments. it was for Toronto vs montreal vs ottawa PR problems.

I never said we'd make ONLY online tournies. online tournies were to prevent toronto - ottawa - montreal travels. I'm sure GTA will still host bi weeklies the same way montreal will have its tournaments (with a chance to pick new players if the games attracts newbies thinking they'll own at brawl while sucking at melee)

ThatGuy

Smash Master
New PR proposal: Galaxy Survival!

Kage - 16,530
Delorted1 - 15,810
Shuriken 13,820
Wak - 12,530
ThatGuy - 12,430
Cbone - 12,210
Dice - 12,000
Lanowen - 11,490
Andrea - 10,140
Arjay - 10,090
Steve - 9800
Jarc - 9550
nox - 9490
unknown522 - 9280
Demon machinE - 9110
Apoc - 8980
Cemo - 8660
Ryan - 8630
Thad - 8310
Doyvid - 7683
KirbyKaze - 7670
Brian - 7450
Damax - 7190
JustaPnoy - 6490

:lick:

Sanu

Smash Champion
Online tournaments = A bunch of good people all sitting at one T.V. and passing the controller around depending on the matchup ahead of them.

I do not take credit for this piece of cheating information.

Damax

Smash Lord
Online tournaments = A bunch of good people all sitting at one T.V. and passing the controller around depending on the matchup ahead of them.

I do not take credit for this piece of cheating information.
thats your problem. cheaters are lame and will always be. there's no gratification in having someone else do his job. its also pretty lame for the one who replace the original player.

the pr will only looks like

vwin
bam
pkm
bam(damax)
bam(tic)
bam(jarc)
chet

it's just as crappy as it was. let just make 26 out of 50, no one will replace anyone that way, hard work I say.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Can someone link me the game or something? I got a hour to waste before my first class.

cF=)

Smash Lord

and I have the screen of the score on this computer, but I can't access imageshack to post it.

EDIT: oh by the way, the game is completely awesome :) Joel4toptier

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
12950, I clearly don't see how it can get much higher than 14 500 :(

Joel, make more flash games!

EDIT: 13 650

EDIT2: 13 950, take that shuriken

EDIT3: 14 550, I'll stop now

Sanu

Smash Champion
thats your problem.
Stopped reading there.

Of course it's my problem. It's everyone's problem; and assuming each individual is their own subset, then I'm included as well. How does this not affect everyone who will be playing online tournaments? Explain. Also, the scenario I described is a *possibility*, I'm not claiming that it will occur. Just clarifying since you couldn't tell the difference! =)

Damax

Smash Lord
Stopped reading there.

Of course it's my problem. It's everyone's problem; and assuming each individual is their own subset, then I'm included as well. How does this not affect everyone who will be playing online tournaments? Explain. Also, the scenario I described is a *possibility*, I'm not claiming that it will occur. Just clarifying since you couldn't tell the difference! =)
clarifying : online tournies = no money, so no real reason to cheat. Except if you wanna be so much on the pr and still its lame.

hey! I'm best canadian smasher lolzlolz ethernet lolz lolz SERIOUS BUSINESS
friend: I wanna play!
- alright lets do this
- huh why did I just beat you like crap?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Thanks for the comments on my game guys, although I'm pretty sure I could do better next time :p

Glad you enjoyed it, and I'll be sure to share other future games I make ;)

[/endofftopic]

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
most ****ing stupidest forum that has ****ing ever existed that ownt ever let me post my ONE ****ING INTELLIGENT POST EVER **** THIS

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
clarifying : online tournies = no money, so no real reason to cheat. Except if you wanna be so much on the pr and still its lame.

hey! I'm best canadian smasher lolzlolz ethernet lolz lolz SERIOUS BUSINESS
friend: I wanna play!
- alright lets do this
- huh why did I just beat you like crap?
online fighting game tournies are REALLY gay

leave that **** to the mortal kombat players

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all, can you guys keep this thread on ****ing topic, jesus effing christ?! I swear to god, if I come back in a week, and there's crap like there's been on the last few pages, actions will be taken like Nintendo takes names. If you're on topic, and then you say something off-topic, that's fine, but at least have some content in your post on "this" "particular" "thread".

I'm posting this for ganonpwn, I got an email asking me to post this for him.
i think mame can run cvs3 games now.
my computer cant though.
don't you mean cps3?
melee sucks, brawl sucks, lets all move on to ssf2tr and sf4
All in.

EDIT: Holy CRAP zac's message owns.

D

Deleted member

I don't know what to say.

We have people in Toronto that are ranked on the EC PR. If someone in Toronto beats EAST COAST RANKED PLAYERS, THAT HAS MERIT AND SHOULD BE LOOKED AT, FOR THEY WERE BEATEN IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT, NO MATTER THE ****ING GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

Honestly who the hell cares if you don't care about our local tournaments. You can belittle them all you want. The fact remains that when RaynEX and DeLoRtEd1 lose to the same guy in a single tournament, that means that the person is either extremely lucky or they're RANKABLE

Jesus Christ

Edit: You know why Zac's post fails?

Because we have someone who did stand up to the pressure.

I'm talking about Dragon_Hawk. He owned Ottawa in Crews and he's been consistently placing very high in Toronto. Toronto's overall Metagame is much more valuable to watch out for then Ottawa's ever will be. He beat me and Bernard at the last tournament we went to, after beating Unknown522 as well. He beat all three of us.

But yet again we get the wrong representation.

Top Bottom