• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I think #15 came down to Robert and Runawayfire, since they equally displayed amounts of both suck and amazingness in their pools. However, the bracket showdown told the tale. O.o

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
My point is, i've -always- split and tied 1st everytime I got into grand finals with any player that I play often with. Reggie and myself were doing that almost 3 years ago, and we never got into 1st and 2nd crap, it was just tied for first. But now it's the second tournament in a row that I get screwed up in results.

EDIT

I'm calm, it's just that I don't think most people understand the whole situation, especially if they don't even attend the very tournament they are talking about.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow cocky aren't we? Nobody insults the PR players when I'm around!
eww... you're lame, sir.

and pkm, I don't think that snapping back at jay for this was very appropriate. it's not like he's one of those douches who always bicker for no reason, and I definitely don't think that jaywinner meant that in a condescending/pejorative manner (from the way I see it, and knowing jayw). attacking the skill level of someone who is chill like him should not be done man, no matter the reasons you have imo. I understand that this whole situation can make you feel robbed, but if you have to dish out some lines, do it to the people who deserve it.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I like watching epic Grand Finals. It's like... epic. I've never understood splits. Not because wanting more money, but like just playing through the set and going for #1. I'm newer into this game and haven't placed top 3 in a huge tournament but I would go for #1 no matter what, and then afterwords consider split (Unless this is what you guys do).

*Also is a PKM fan*

LOL!

Edit: I realize my post sounds like a Kage post. Oh well. THE WARRIOR PREVAILS LOL

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
I like watching epic Grand Finals. It's like... epic. I've never understood splits. Not because wanting more money, but like just playing through the set and going for #1. I'm newer into this game and haven't placed top 3 in a huge tournament but I would go for #1 no matter what, and then afterwords consider split (Unless this is what you guys do).

*Also is a PKM fan*

LOL!
And I like to chill and have fun doing sets with random characters with a friend. Especially since we already faced each other before meeting in grand finals.

Chet, well if you see something wrong with my post, I suppose that I didn't phrase it like I wanted to. I didn't mean it to snap at jay or anything, I was just pointing out that he wasn't around when we used to do that stuff. It meant no harm, but I could see why you guys think it did. So sorry Jay if you read this, I wuv you.

I feel like crap, I hate PRs.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Are you talking about SFF3? ;-; Chet you better be there. T.O might be coming for that too, for serious. Are you guys going to @Melee's end still?

Anyway, if T.O does come I highly recommend SFF3 being used for the ECC PR.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah I meant sff3, but sff2 makes me think of street fighter turbo for some reason, so it rolls off the tongue better.

anyway, I might switch games soon, it all depends on how much robert really wants to play another game with me, cuz all I need is a serious partner to switch games. also, girl stuff. also, lack of motivation.

pkm, smash with you is fun indeed. you play differently, your matches are not replays of a replay, which is why it's always fun to play with you. unfortunately, I rarely get that feeling anymore when playing with people. the game is getting cold and turning into MvC2 for me. nice to watch, a chore to play.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
yeah I meant sff3, but sff2 makes me think of street fighter turbo for some reason, so it rolls off the tongue better.

anyway, I might switch games soon, it all depends on how much robert really wants to play another game with me, cuz all I need is a serious partner to switch games. also, girl stuff. also, lack of motivation.

pkm, smash with you is fun indeed. you play differently, your matches are not replays of a replay, which is why it's always fun to play with you. unfortunately, I rarely get that feeling anymore when playing with people. the game is getting cold and turning into MvC2 for me. nice to watch, a chore to play.
Didn't you just contradict yourself? I can be your partner and you could still enjoy smash and it would be a lot less troublesome, because you wouldn't need to learn it! Man I miss the old days.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Now I see why you're called the veteran emos

But I have to agree with chet, at tos4 a lot of games I played were really repetitive, I saw a lot of people use only one move until it hits... the community has become really weird in terms of gameplay I must say. A chance pkm and chet didn't change their playing style <3 (and that's why they kick butts IMO)

*has nothing to say about the PR*

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
by learn "it", you mean "another game" right?

and I like teaming with ben, it's like, even if we lose, it's a deception, but we laugh at our suckiness (and others suckiness). we have this connection. plus apparently, we (you and me) can't play teams together (as shown at various tournaments), and I always feel like I'm "failing you" or something. all in all, we're inconsistent.

also, my main character is a broken character, which is the only reason I rank well in tournaments. otherwise, I'm good but not "very" good.

as for people who want pr spot, if you believe that you do deserve a spot, then I guess next tournament will be perfect to prove your point. most likely, spots 11 and under will undergo some major switches in the tournament to come, imo. 11-15 is very flexible atm, and subject to new entries.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
by learn "it", you mean "another game" right?

and I like teaming with ben, it's like, even if we lose, it's a deception, but we laugh at our suckiness (and others suckiness). we have this connection. plus apparently, we (you and me) can't play teams together (as shown at various tournaments), and I always feel like I'm "failing you" or something. all in all, we're inconsistent.

also, my main character is a broken character, which is the only reason I rank well in tournaments. otherwise, I'm good but not "very" good.

as for people who want pr spot, if you believe that you do deserve a spot, then I guess next tournament will be perfect to prove your point. most likely, spots 11 and under will undergo some major switches in the tournament to come, imo. 11-15 is very flexible atm, and subject to new entries.
We can team, we're just inconsistent. We beat many good teams at FC using very weird teams now that I think about it. -_-

EDIT

Partner as in, guy to play with, not do teams. Ben doesn't play often anymore right?

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
This is true for like... nearly everyone.

Hundreds play space animals, but there are only a few players who truly own the character.

D

Deleted member

He beat me 3 - 1, and Bernard, both last Saturday. That's 10th and 6th, respectively.

Damax

Smash Lord
Oh man, that is hooooot! Ice burn!

And you posted at 1337 o'clock too, god ****.
or not... a panelist isn't enough. two of at least two different region is required and I say AT least. this imo to prevent self buffing lies from anyside, may it be toronto, ottawa or montreal.

beside it was 03:37 pm which translate to 15:37 and its difinitly not 1337 o'clock since 1337 o'clock is 13:37 which is two hours before he posted.

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
Wait wait so if two panelists weren't there taking out 6th and 10th on PR doesn't matter? I highly doubt there is self buffing lies happening guys, the 1st place on the PR is not exactly the mightiest position to command and I don't think anyone wants to get on a list of opinions with underhanded tactics.

Taking out Toronto panelists must have some merit to it. It's not as though GTA runs noob tournaments.

Damax

Smash Lord
Wait wait so if two panelists weren't there taking out 6th and 10th on PR doesn't matter? I highly doubt there is self buffing lies happening guys, the 1st place on the PR is not exactly the mightiest position to command and I don't think anyone wants to get on a list of opinions with underhanded tactics.

Taking out Toronto panelists must have some merit to it. It's not as though GTA runs noob tournaments.
it was settled long ago. Enough PR players must attend. 2 outta 15 isn't enough IMO

it ain't a title matches PR. if you beat 6th you ain't 6th. also 6th did way better than master runnaway at ToS4. we could always switch it up I guess

6th runnaway
10th raynex.

that'd be dumb as hell.

though it could play a big part for the 15th spot or so. But I think thad had a great performance at ToS4 compared to runnaway.

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
He beat me 3 - 1, and Bernard, both last Saturday. That's 10th and 6th, respectively.
Good post.

We need to get a consensus going on here. Should the GTA bi-weeklies have an impact on the ECC PR? I'm just throwing the idea. My opinion on this is that it could be a bit troublesome, but we can see how it goes I guess.

The bad thing about this is the limited amount of panelists and players. I don't know if lanowen was there, but even if he was, it would mean to kick off someone from the recent PR so that Ford could be on. Which I think is a little bit unfair seeing as you guys hold small tournaments during bi-weeklies. It would just end up in more players from the PR getting kicked off to allow the new people that would beat say, raynex or yourself.

We need a solution here, discuss.

(other than destroy the PR >_>)

D

Deleted member

damax, yet again, makes no sense

or maybe I cant read franglais

anyway

i dont see why panelists have to be there, why would it possibly matter..i'm telling you that he beat me 3 - 1 and i think the set count was 3 - 2 against bernard.

Either way he beat 2 ECCPR ranked players, why isn't that worth anything? Wak your post almost shows why this is stupid..what, quebec has to watch? It's East Coast, not Quebec. Montreal to be specific. Wak makes it sound like it's Montreal PR.

I Dont know why you're even talking Wak.

Toronto's biweeklies are getting very tough, so saying they have no merit is ignorant and foolish

I think those words sum up a PR this general as well but if Ryan wants to be on, I think he has more than enough reason to be placed somewhere, when he's certainly owning up Toronto nicely enough

@ PKM

No, the GTA Biweeklies are by no means small scale, we get 25 - 30 entrants in singles every time and GTA's metagame is getting a lot better. Like a lot better. The skill gap is quickly becoming matched.

The biweeklies are not smash fests, they're full on tournaments, with Pools, doubles, then singles brackets

We have time for friendlies but they're generally 2ndary

pkmvodka

Smash Lord
damax, yet again, makes no sense

or maybe I cant read franglais

anyway

i dont see why panelists have to be there, why would it possibly matter..i'm telling you that he beat me 3 - 1 and i think the set count was 3 - 2 against bernard.

Either way he beat 2 ECCPR ranked players, why isn't that worth anything? Wak your post almost shows why this is stupid..what, quebec has to watch? It's East Coast, not Quebec. Montreal to be specific. Wak makes it sound like it's Montreal PR.

I Dont know why you're even talking Wak.

Toronto's biweeklies are getting very tough, so saying they have no merit is ignorant and foolish

I think those words sum up a PR this general as well but if Ryan wants to be on, I think he has more than enough reason to be placed somewhere, when he's certainly owning up Toronto nicely enough
I agree. We can't disregard the GTA like we used to, because they are indeed getting better and they will keep on getting more spots if they keep improving at this rate.

EDIT

Thanks for claryfing on the scale. :)

D

Deleted member

To make this clear:

Of course the GTA Biweeklies should affect the PR. Don't your tournaments?

They are our tournaments, enough said. You're not going to win a Biweekly if you're bad, we don't have noob rules, we don't have noob players, and we don't have noob outcomes. We also don't have noob pot sizes. Last one for singles alone was $280.

They're biweeklies..because they're every other two weeks. Imagine if you guys had competitive tournaments every 2 weeks. Yeah. That's what we have, thanks to David's incredible gayness hospitality.

Nuff said, we're not going to self buff, wtf is that?, the matches were taped Damax / Wak..watch them if you want to, but you'll see the results just like I tell you.

Top Bottom