• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

WarranThad

Smash Ace
if dragonhawk beat delotrd and i beat dragonhawk and he beat ottawa and toronto beat ottawa and i beat gpwn and i lsot to dice and if kage beat raynex and if jimmy cracked corn and if john scored 1549320345 poitns on galaxy quest while going 40 miles an hour east while jimmy beat bam going 30 miles an hour west how long until no one gives a **** about scrub positions on a pr that has 11 completely unnotable garbage players?

ThatGuy

Smash Master
I doubt the Toronto vs Ottawa crew battle was considered for these rankings though. I think it was treated with the same importance as that of a bunch of friendlies.

Meh >_>

EDIT: LOL @ Robert's post.

Damax

Smash Lord
I don't know what to say.

We have people in Toronto that are ranked on the EC PR. If someone in Toronto beats EAST COAST RANKED PLAYERS, THAT HAS MERIT AND SHOULD BE LOOKED AT, FOR THEY WERE BEATEN IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT, NO MATTER THE ****ING GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

Honestly who the hell cares if you don't care about our local tournaments. You can belittle them all you want. The fact remains that when RaynEX and DeLoRtEd1 lose to the same guy in a single tournament, that means that the person is either extremely lucky or they're RANKABLE

Jesus Christ

Edit: You know why Zac's post fails?

Because we have someone who did stand up to the pressure.

I'm talking about Dragon_Hawk. He owned Ottawa in Crews and he's been consistently placing very high in Toronto. Toronto's overall Metagame is much more valuable to watch out for then Ottawa's ever will be. He beat me and Bernard at the last tournament we went to, after beating Unknown522 as well. He beat all three of us.

But yet again we get the wrong representation.
He was either lucky or didn't stand up to the pressure, either way both doesn't apply to a PR. is he ranked higher than you on your pr?

I'm all in with gumbot. except for his basketball example it was crappy.

Dice

Smash Lord
dragon_hawk stood up to the "pressure" in the crew battle, but didn't seem to be able to in the pools, something which was actually being considered for the pr. So what should have more weight? A "friendly" crew battle for bragging rights, or tournament pool thats like, you know, part of a tournament.

Sanu

Smash Champion
if dragonhawk beat delotrd and i beat dragonhawk and he beat ottawa and toronto beat ottawa and i beat gpwn and i lsot to dice and if kage beat raynex and if jimmy cracked corn and if john scored 1549320345 poitns on galaxy quest while going 40 miles an hour east while jimmy beat bam going 30 miles an hour west how long until no one gives a **** about scrub positions on a pr that has 11 completely unnotable garbage players?
XMFD, I'm sorry, but this post wins this thread. *thumbs up*

I also agree, who the hell cares about a ****ING number, god ****it. You know your own skill, who cares what the ****ty chart says. I agree with what you're saying Jake, wholeheartedly; but, if you take an objective view of the bigger picture, it really doesn't matter.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
This post wins.
The PR should be top5.

Or at least reduced to 10, since ranks like... 7 to 20 = pretty much evenly skilled players.

[/lurk]

Cbone

Smash Journeyman
Toronto's overall Metagame is much more valuable to watch out for then Ottawa's ever will be.
wtf kind of comment is this and what does it have to do with you whining about putting unknown on the pointless PRs... nobody else seems to care about how they are regarded on a forum...we could take the top players off the PR's but it wouldnt matter because they would know they are the best and would still win everyones money so ill bet they wouldnt care...PR's seem more trouble than they are worth..

i also agree with jarc, sanuzi and thads posts.

Fogel

Smash Lord
I don't know what to say.

We have people in Toronto that are ranked on the EC PR. If someone in Toronto beats EAST COAST RANKED PLAYERS, THAT HAS MERIT AND SHOULD BE LOOKED AT, FOR THEY WERE BEATEN IN A COMPETITIVE ENVIRONMENT, NO MATTER THE ****ING GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION

Honestly who the hell cares if you don't care about our local tournaments. You can belittle them all you want. The fact remains that when RaynEX and DeLoRtEd1 lose to the same guy in a single tournament, that means that the person is either extremely lucky or they're RANKABLE

Jesus Christ

Edit: You know why Zac's post fails?

Because we have someone who did stand up to the pressure.

I'm talking about Dragon_Hawk. He owned Ottawa in Crews and he's been consistently placing very high in Toronto. Toronto's overall Metagame is much more valuable to watch out for then Ottawa's ever will be. He beat me and Bernard at the last tournament we went to, after beating Unknown522 as well. He beat all three of us.

But yet again we get the wrong representation.
You guys have your GTA PR already, go update that after your biweeklies. Do you seriously expect us to make a new EC PR every 2 weeks after a GTA biweekly? How about we update it after the Montreal biweeklies and my weekly Ottawa smashfests too?

As for the Ottawa metagame being useless, you may want to check the ToS brackets a bit more closely...Locke, Gpwn, and Dice still made it in. Locke and Gpwn placed higher than the GTAers aside from RaynEx. It's insulting to say we don't matter anymore just because we lost 1 crew battle.

Seriously, there is only one big EC tourney left (SFF3) before we'll all be playing Brawl anyways. Calm down!

D

Deleted member

Cam, I'm not mad - people aren't getting the message though.

Some clarifications:

Ottawa's metagame isn't useless, I've never said that - it's just that Toronto has a much larger scene. Wak said this a couple pages ago, no one jumped on him.

I don't expect an yone to update the PR every 2 weeks after a biweekly from ANY region, but when it comes to updating it, my only point is that matches at these biweeklies DO matter because they're not friendlies.

Josh, the only reason I'm posting is because I'm trying to clear stuff up.

I'm not suggesting you put Dragon_Hawk or Unknown on the PR, my only point from the very beginning was that if they wanted on the PR, they both have rational reasons for wanting a rank.

You're not seeing me suggest a ranking. Just again, they both beat ranked players. That counts for something.

What it counts for is up for debate, but it's certainly not inherently worthless because it was at a biweekly, which is the feeling that was felt across GTAers after a few posts back there.

I'm done.

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
The EC PR is not a list that you make it on because you beat someone on it. The PR is made up of 2 provinces, as such you should only be moved when both 2 pronvices and all 3? citys play eachother at a tournament. When one argues that a player should be on the PR or moved around on the PR because they beat someone else on the PR you can end up in a string of incorrect conclusions. So since Thad beat me, thad beat kaze, dice beat thad, Kaze beat delorted and another TO player, does this now mean that dice is better than the players i beat, myself, kaze, delorted, the other TO or any player beaten by kaze? Nope it doesnt.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Usually, when there are issues, solutions are suggested.

I agree that it doesn't really matter anymore since brawl is released soon, and the fact that delorted, you already have your own PR, why aren't you happy with it?

Plus, PR is supposed to be influenced by huge tournaments involving more than 3 ranked players... Yes your tournaments are big, but they are only involving toronto.

We got your message delorted... we only think you're wrong, however the way you will explain it to us. We think you're talking WAY too fast and we suggested you to wait for SFF3, why don't you listen?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't expect an yone to update the PR every 2 weeks after a biweekly from ANY region, but when it comes to updating it, my only point is that matches at these biweeklies DO matter because they're not friendlies.
k k here's a deal. next time we have the montreal biweeklies, we'll raise you to 7th on PR, how's that. if I can beat bam in a link vs ganon match we'll put raynex third, k? hey there goes logic! right out the window ooouwww!!1

no srsly I don't care. I just want to say that it seems that this whole argument has gotten pretty hot lately, and it seems that that are issues about some regions (we're not stupid, you know which ones in particular) have been getting better representation on the pr than others. this being said, I think we should all take a break and reconsider what are the true values that we are trying to share throughout this PR. after, think about the members on the PR, not by region, just by skill. obviously, I think after a while you'll have settled your ideas. perhaps even changed them! for all i know, I think that everyone deserves a chance. for now, let's kick back and chill and try to ease the tensions with a little closure of this thread. I'm not trying to be a ***** or anything, just that further conversation will obviously not be profitable to any possible change in a near future.

that being said, thread will be reopened after SFF3. feel free to share your thoughts over msn or other threads on smashboards, and better, go out and play! : )

chesterr01

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Anyways. This is a melee PR.

The update should consist of the following, whenever it does happen:

-Jake.Noah being taken off. They dropped Melee for Brawl.

-A new people to represent the gta. Lanowen and JAke don't play melee that much anymore, nor do they come out to events. I think Lone_Wolf (Adnan), and someone else would suffice.

Huzzah to a fresh start for us all.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Indeed. I think Adnan would be an excellent panelist. Quebec should come out to Grmo's tourney and maybe the PR can be updated after that point.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does T.O. still play Melee? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a QC PR, we need Ontarian rep. =/ O-town, you still alive? If anything, if melee dies out this thread will die on its own. A Brawl PR should be done in another thread, and I don't think that it should be for now.

Also, I'm very ok with post 1056.

D

Deleted member

we still play melee. Only like 5-10 people left for brawl, so We're okay
i dunno who you're referring to, i was under the impression Toronto was mainly brawl - including the randoms that is

But yeah, you should definitely remove myself and Noah

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Most of the Melee veterans still play Melee. Some have moved to Brawl, and newcomers are on Brawl.

With the reduced interest in Melee I recommend we bump down the PR to Top 10 so that we can make it more competitive. This shouldn't be a drastic switch with people like DeL and BreadX dropping from the PR and possibly the remaining OTT people (besides tect, cuz he's cool) and Damax (I think?) will be dropping aswell.

lol We know who the top 5 are, from there it'll be a race for the next 5 spots.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dunno, chet has been playing too much Brawl lately, I think his melee fingers may have slowed down.
True.

Bam and pkm still play melee, but it's a ***** to go up there (for different reasons), and they don't come down to MTL at all. Vwins plays brawl and melee iirc, but I see him as often as the 2 others. I rarely see kage/matt/thad/etc, and I don't know if they still play melee. The people with who I hang out the most (elef, apoc, etc.) claim they can't switch back to melee because it's too hard to get back into and it's too different so it would nerf their brawl skills or something.. Weak. I can't play the game I prefer anymore, and I'm certainly not going to play 1P.

T.O. come to mtl and play me lol, or else I'll go get myself an o-town orgasm.

Dragon_Hawk

Smash Lord
T.O. come to mtl and play me lol, or else I'll go get myself an o-town orgasm.

edit: reggie i'd come to mtl again for kicks if i could get housing and booze and hugs. hugs are essential, though, and if i'm not guaranteed a steady supply of them i might just shrivel up and die on the trip.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I'm still die-hard for melee.

But I play brawl too. I find that if you play both regularly, adapting your playstyle isn't much of a problem. I'd come with David too if he went btw.

Damax

Smash Lord
With the reduced interest in Melee I recommend we bump down the PR to Top 10 so that we can make it more competitive. This shouldn't be a drastic switch with people like DeL and BreadX dropping from the PR and possibly the remaining OTT people (besides tect, cuz he's cool) and Damax (I think?) will be dropping aswell.
can't wait to see some melee tourny among 15 peoples in someone's house, at least it won't cost anymore for rooms.

I sucked I wonder why I'm still there prolly because the thread was locked. I didn't move to brawl, I just kinda stopped to play melee. Melee just wasn't fun anymore, brawl is fun but the community was split so that part sucks and it was a good reason for me to stay competitive at melee, now its not anymore. Also brawl is where the money from random noob'll be. So if I make a come back it'll be brawl and still.

but yeah, remove me from the PR I'm unworthy of such a position, i've had incest with brawl.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Chet, I have brawl at my house but I don't play that much.. the interest is just not there.. i dont know why, it's boring. Also I do still play melee whenever I'm at Matt's. It's so much more fun. Don't worry I'm still alive.

Top Bottom