• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

almost the 5th East Coast Canada Power Rankings -- updated around april

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Hahahaha I hate CvS2 =/. I hate Sagat/Vega/Blanka even more LOL. But trudat lol, I said 3S cuz I think it's an amazing fighting game. Better than everything suggested lol.

Fogel

Smash Lord
On topic, most of the panelists in the first post don't even play Melee anymore. If people actually want a Melee PR, I think someone else should make another panel and start another thread.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Its funny cause I used to play all these SF games you guys are mentioning in tournament, and then I came here.....

If I had to pick one I'd definetly say lets play Marvel.
Still waiting on SF4 and SC2 myself though.

I.B

Smash Lord
Should I add to the constant spam rather than asking when a PR that was last updated on December 1st will be updated again?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
PR is simple.

The big 4 from MTL
Kage
The big 4 from GTA
Matt

Sorry OTT, no love for ya. Except for tect, he's pretty quick and he plays a good Fox.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
big 4 from gta?

you guys have people that play well?
Remember when I.B superhardcore ***** you? Good times...

Or when RaynEX beat Chet and placed super well @ ToS4?

Or when KK layed some barbie gangster **** on OTT?

Or when Team Rayn Ford practically annihilated teams one by one except for Quebec Alpha?

****, I didn't know GTA was pretty ****.

WarranThad

Smash Ace

Or when Team Rayn Ford practically annihilated teams one by one except for Quebec Alpha?

marth>>>>peach
fox>>>>>peach
or when kage thad>all of toronto, apparently. including raynford?

lollool.

edit: err, fordawayfire, whatever.

Fogel

Smash Lord

FYI, ToS4 was taken into consideration for the current rankings; that's why RaynEX is so high.

Also, about the ToS4 teams thing you mentioned (from the teams results):

1. Team Quebec Alpha (Bam + Vwins)
2. Sweet Dreams (Damax + Kage)
3. The Charleston (Jarc + ThatGuy)
4. Rayn Ford (Raynex + Unknown522)

They didn't even place in the money, you can't say they 'annihilated' the other teams.

Also, if Ottawa doesn't deserve to be on the PR, then why should people get PR credit for beating Ottawa?

Anyways, this thread has long since served its purpose already. Most of the people on the EC scene right now don't even play Melee anymore. Somehow, this thread always turns into Toronto vs. the World every single time, and it's happening again even though barely anyone plays Melee anymore.

Either step up, create a new panel, and make some legit Melee rankings, or just drop it. If nothing productive happens anytime soon I think a mod should just close this thread.

edit: Just so it's clear, the 'step up' is directed at anyone who is asking for updated rankings, not LW specifically.

Damax

Smash Lord
LOL at the team argument, raynex should be higher, he beasted everyteams! except one with two unranked players on the PR and one with the ancient 11th and 6th?

T.O. Needs to stop being arrogant and to make such drama for a game. The pr is known by 0.001% of EC's population.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
seriously melee is as good as dead and if you guys like it so much in toronto you can create your own pr but honestly it's not worth it because it would just cause more bickering for you guys as you're super anal over meaningless **** like this and none of you are particularly amazing at melee, considering quebec top 5>you guys and they don't seem to place very well in us tournaments anyways.

D

Deleted member

as a whole, toronto has mainly graduated to brawl. There are maybe around 10 left, and a few of them are going to Georgia.

A melee pr this late in the game is kinda silly if you ask me.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
it'd be more appropriate when referring to someone going from smash or soul calibur or dead or alive to guilty gear or street fighter or an snk fighter

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer

All in the same tournament, right? I.B. should be PRed, but thad sucks anyway, he dresses, spams turnips and dash attacks, doesn't float cancel that much, but he still manages to get on the PR. That shows much about the skill level in ECC. Raynex ***** my falcon, I paid him back with my fox the next tournament. KK beat Ottawa, that was crazy, but I heard some people failed hard against him. Otherwise, he's beast. Team rayn ford is good.

tl,dr; GTA is not ****, but there's skill of course.
as a whole, toronto has mainly graduated to brawl. There are maybe around 10 left, and a few of them are going to Georgia.

A melee pr this late in the game is kinda silly if you ask me.
I wanted to comment the graduation part, but then there was a line.
also, melee is dying. I'm not planning on travelling for stuff before a bit. Same for a lot of people. the PR should have been updated, but I got lazy, but I'll go do it now. Open discussion now, since nobody cares about melee, you can check first post. Take it as a temp PR or whatever. It was the one discussed briefly through pms and ****. TW saw it.

D

Deleted member

geez. I don't hate melee, spinning my words to make it seem like brawl is inherently better (and therefore turning this into yet ANOTHER melee vs brawl debate) is ridiculous.

moved on, migrated, switched over, whatever, same **** thing.

tl;dr - maybe it was a bad choice of words, but i didn't mean anything other than the moving on part.

Wak

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can see I.B. and TyrantWolf that still cares and that's about it.

I didn't know people were still competitvely playing melee, I thought everyone in the PR quitted or switched to brawl...

So the new PR should be:
1. I.B
2. TyrantWolf

Top Bottom