• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Almost like Melee... A Falco Combo video by Redhalberd

OverLade

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJPOiWf0lE

I've been wanting to release a falco combo video for ages, but I didn't have any method of direct feed. I didn't want to screw up another combo video with a digital camera.

I got a dazzle for christmas, so here it is. Made it in 3 days. Clips are over the course of 4 months.

I've seen your vids and Im not impressed. Now watch mine. :p Enjoy!!!

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
This is not a very good combo video. You didn't even play any decent people. Don't get me wrong I think your Falco is good but the people you played aren't even decent. Half of the "combos" were cg to dair which isn't impressive. This video isn't bad but it isn't good either. If you want to see a good Falco combo video, watch TheNix. His Faclo is excellent.

TheNix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tThkO6Pmgz0

CO18

Smash Hero
I like teh Vid :D. Good stuff hal best part is at 7:06.

And how are you determing the people arent good by watching it? Its a brawl combo vid which is basically taking advantage of peoples mistakes and predicting what they do next.

Me,tapion and other gits are in the vid. Aka the people are good :)

OverLade

Smash Hero
I could go on and name a list of other good people who are in the video. You're making a huge mistake by assuming people arent skilled because they're in a combo video.

I did put a lot of CG to spike in the video yes, but most of the combos I did were setup with CG to spike anyway. I wanted to put a few reverse chaingrabs in because I hadn't seen many other falco players add that in their videos.

So criticize tangible things please.

edit: Rewatches.

I didn't even have that much CG to spike in there. All of it was setting something up unless it was a double spike.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Haha good stuff I liked 7:14-7:19 good job. I'm jealous because of the fact I can't make my own combo video. XD Also TheNix isn't neccessarily better just because his combo video is flashier. Flashy is nice but it doesn't win tournaments or help one improve. You can only know who's better from their tournament results.

§witch

Smash Lord
Liked it, it was entertaining (unlike most falco combo vids) you land that fsmash alot lol, and I finally found someone who likes uair as much as I do.

mongoosedog927

Smash Cadet
Also TheNix isn't neccessarily better just because his combo video is flashier. Flashy is nice but it doesn't win tournaments or help one improve. You can only know who's better from their tournament results.
When it comes to a combo video, flashy is what catches your eye. Also this video isn't a "tournament" video, it's a combo video. I didn't say he was worse than TheNix. I said TheNix just makes a better combo video.

Sorry about the comment before about your opponents not being decent. I was wrong. That IS the purpose of a combo video. You just made them look bad with all those CGs XD. Good work

OverLade

Smash Hero
When it comes to a combo video, flashy is what catches your eye. Also this video isn't a "tournament" video, it's a combo video. I didn't say he was worse than TheNix. I said TheNix just makes a better combo video.

Sorry about the comment before about your opponents not being decent. I was wrong. That IS the purpose of a combo video. You just made them look bad with all those CGs XD. Good work
It's all good. Just people jumping to conclusions really bothers me. This is the falco boards. We love each other. :D

guy_in_oakland

Smash Cadet
This is not a very good combo video. You didn't even play any decent people. Don't get me wrong I think your Falco is good but the people you played aren't even decent. Half of the "combos" were cg to dair which isn't impressive. This video isn't bad but it isn't good either. If you want to see a good Falco combo video, watch TheNix. His Faclo is excellent.

TheNix

his had just as many CG to dair combo's <_<,regardless both combo vids were well done

CY

Smash Ace
classic, nike's straight classic
i'm better than i've ever been, timeless
i'm everywhere you've never been and better than i've ever been.

TheNix

Smash Journeyman

TheNix
To say the least, I didn't expect anyone to bring up my video so quickly! Thanks, I guess?

I'm at work now, so I can't watch this video at the moment.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Weird, I 've never had anyone tell me my Falco is unusual. Though I can't say I think my Falco is modeled after any particular falco player. I prefer to keep my opponent off balance by mixing up different approaches with lasers, but not play aggressively. Its just my style I guess. Must come from playing too much Metaknight. :p

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Also, when did people start hating on Combo videos just because they have rap music?

It's not really a falco question, but the smash scene is pretty diverse. I didn't expect to get a negative response from rap classics Kanye, Nas, and Lupe.

Anyone else find people hating on rap music? Cuz im just gonna start using generic rock or techno at this point.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Youtube brings out the anti-Black in too many people. Is it me or do 9/10 Youtube videos with anything remotely related to black people have comments with n***** in them?
And people still shouldn't complain about any music, it has nothing to do with the combos.
I hate people so much.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Youtube brings out the anti-Black in too many people. Is it me or do 9/10 Youtube videos with anything remotely related to black people have comments with n***** in them?
And people still shouldn't complain about any music, it has nothing to do with the combos.
I hate people so much.
If you can't see somebody, you're more likely to say the truth about them.

Its youtube, SO I CAN BE RACIST AND NOBODY WILL JUDGE ME OR BEAT ME ***.

*tracks IP, goes to address, Falcon Punches random Nazi*.

But w/e the way I see is if you dont like Rap mute the audio or dont watch the video but dont bother lowering its rating because your taste in music isnt diverse.

Denzi

Smash Master
Not bad, nice Falco.

I wasn't really a fan of the music though, not actiony enough for a combo vid IMO.

OverLade

Smash Hero
it is XD
he does weird stuff that you wouldnt expect and it usually works lol

<3haldberdz
:D

It's weird I feel that way when I watch other people play. I guess that's why Im so hard to impress. Because I dont like it when people do stuff I wouldnt do lmao.

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
Weird, I 've never had anyone tell me my Falco is unusual. Though I can't say I think my Falco is modeled after any particular falco player. I prefer to keep my opponent off balance by mixing up different approaches with lasers, but not play aggressively. Its just my style I guess. Must come from playing too much Metaknight. :p

Anyway, thanks for all the positive feedback.
blah blah blah
lol u aint unusual u boring like 95% of da rest of em

Emo^Wolf

Smash Journeyman
i couldnt see redhalbert video :/ but the flashhy video was goood ive never een a fox get ripped by a falco with the grab like that its usually alilt harder to kill IMO

Mikha'el

Smash Cadet
Wow,this is still going on? I thought it would have ended at page 1. Oh well, I didnt get to see the video "its been removed" says youtube.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I removed this video from youtube a long time ago. I barely even use Falco anymore (though TBH I'm bringing him back). If you wanna see my Falco look up some vids but this combo video is outdated anyway....

Top Bottom