• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
But hey, it's something to reassure us.

The tracking may not be that useful, I have to wonder, does he have money or a credit card or something? Because if he doesn't then he almost has to be somewhere with someone for internet, unless he took a laptop

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The sinking feeling after had just making that post in my tournament thread and reading this threads title was just overwhelming.

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
its hard to believe this is all happening, i mean just a few summers back Edmonton and jarrett was over at my house smashing... very good times. RIP Jarrett Solaris

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I know, that trip was one hell of a fun time. It's so surreal to think about it.

I saw, for the first time, a public missing sign for Jarrett on my way to school and choked. Then this happens.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I haven't even seen Jarrett in years, but when I logged into FB just now and Victor's mini eulogy was the first thing I saw, my heart sank. =[ RIP Jarrett, and my condolences go to all of his family and friends.

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's nice to see old faces that never post pay their respects via smashboards (vincent and seb). RIP Jarrett, I am sure you will be more and more missed as time goes by.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Agreed Luke. I came home today and saw my metroid prime case on top of all my other games on the floor and choked up so hard.

We were planning on having a Project: M tournament this Saturday at the UofA. We decided to put all the admission costs towards Jarrett's family, any other donations. If you can't stay for the whole day, please stop by. It'll be nice if as much of our community came together again.

Vincens

Smash Rookie
Agreed Luke. I came home today and saw my metroid prime case on top of all my other games on the floor and choked up so hard.

We were planning on having a Project: M tournament this Saturday at the UofA. We decided to put all the admission costs towards Jarrett's family, any other donations. If you can't stay for the whole day, please stop by. It'll be nice if as much of our community came together again.
I'll be there.

I remember when Jarrett pulled off a super wave dash > extended grab on me.
Pretty swag.
Teaming with him was super fun too.
Sad days :(

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
ohhhhhhhhhh man was that ever intense to see. Jarrett's samus was technical as ****.

Crazy how something like that sticks in your memory for like 3 years lol.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Jarrett, you were an amazing smash player and an even better friend. It's horrific to have to say this but rest in peace as I'm sure no one who ever knew you will forget you. I wish your family well and a good recovery.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I didn't know Jarrett, but it's always sad to see someone in our community go. RIP and my condolences to all of his friends here.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I was with Jarrett's family for much of the day. His dad was telling me about how we, the friends he made through Smash, were honestly his closest friends, and one of the greatest joys in his life. He told me about how he was always so eager to go to every smashfest that was happening, and that playing Smash was one of the few things he happily talked about.

One of my fondest memories is way back in 2005, when we had Smash Thursdays at Devon's house after school. One particular day, Jarrod and Carl came over, and proceeded to trash us. I remember Jarrod never lost a game for the whole time we were playing. Jarrett was watching the whole time. He very timidly asked if he could play a round. We said sure, and he BEASTED Jarrod. He totally hardstyled on him from out of nowhere. We were all like waaaat.

After everyone else had left, having seen Carl do a super wavedash, he asked me how to do it. I explained that I sucked at it, and had to put in some input on some frame of a down+B (I think it's 43?) and demonstrated one after like 15 tries. He picks up the controller and does it after two. I stayed for a while to chat with Devon, and Jarrett just sat in front of the screen, practicing SWD the entire night in training mode. Just that image of him sitting there training gives me such feelings about his devotion to this game.

I'm gonna miss him a lot. I really wish that I could have understood him better.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thank you for sharing that Sid.

In case a few you haven't heard, we are doing a P:M tournament at the UofA on Saturday (thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=327949) where all the proceeds (and further donation for those willing) will be given to Jarrett's Family

We should really show his family how much we valued and cared about Jarrett not only as a kick-*** technical-as-**** samus but as a friend to all of us. I was thinking of taking a group photo of all of us, and perhaps a card, so we can all sign it and write something about Jarrett, much like Sid has in the post above. That way the donation is attached to something meaningful, since just giving his mother a handful of cash would be quite crass.

Also, if anyone has any ideas for a good event name give a shout. We are, of course, aiming for something memorable in tribute of Jarrett.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I know this may be last minute as well, but anyone outside of Edmonton is free to come as well. Feel free to contact me for directions etc.

Rikana

Smash Champion
RIP fellow canadian smasher. :<

I'd definitely attend this P:M event but you guys are too farrrrr.

Top Bottom