• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
Victor, those are Super Lemons. I first had them when I was 10, and my best friend at the time gave me some at recess. Then he started bringing some every day, because everyone loved them. He is Chinese, so he probably got them from Chinatown when T&T wasn't around. You can find them at T&T in their candy section.

The friend who introduced me to Super Lemons... His last name is Lau.

Lemon Lau

waaaaat
everything about your post sid

this ^

Quaff

Smash Rookie
Ill go if more people than just myself show up -_-
Also, cstick or analog for shffling uairs?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
C-stick is way easier to shffl uair. Especially delayed ones. But if you're doing it immediately when you jump then analog is still okay.

Btw, do you guys want to just book a room at the med library to play smash sometime? Apparently Victor doesn't know the passcode to the club room (and isn't allowed to know) and they seem to usually be taken or something.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
ANY input involving SHFFL's or basically any "technical" stuff is always more efficient with C-stick, at least to learn because it gives you variety.

There is instances when technically the analog input could be... "immediate" but then you are forced to do it that way or put it more effort, so I suggest learning the C-stick way.

That being said, from a player who joined the scene and placed in tournaments (not super well, but I was top 5 in calgary) without ever touching the C-stick for anything but luigi's mansion... I think you could manage. (Granted when I was top 5 in calgary then, there was much less falcos)

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I think i am finished with hosting @ my house. there seems to be no interest
So i am officially canceling the smashfest today and from now on until two ****'s are given

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Power to you dude, I know too many people becoming like this. Ironically I havn't been to a smash thing in forever, and I'm sorry for that.

That being said, I promise you all I am doing work for the community.

Expect results by the end of the month if everything goes as planned.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about that, Clarke. I think the problem for me and a few others is the commute is kind of a drag. I appreciate that u were doing that though.

If it's any consolation the Fighting Game Club is having their first meet next Saturday and has invited us all to come and play smash. Could be new blood.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
I know alot of people(including myself) are very busy with school and/or a job and its the start of the semester but i really hope we can get a strong tourney scene. without that the draw of online games in which you can play with humans all the time is pretty much too tempting compared to having to travel far or check at the last moment if they can make it.
power back to you, my cracka

Ramgopal

Smash Rookie
I'm from Calgary, I have met Ben a few times before. I joined the FGCC on Friday. My friends have also been to recent tournaments at the UC too. My friend James suggested I join the forum to get to know the smash community in AB a bit better.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Damn today was so hype. That mini project:m tourney was the most fun I've had in a long time.

So nice to see everyone again. Even nicer to see how project melee is bringing the melee and brawl communities back together. It's like we're a happy family again. Even better how everyone's skill level is roughly the same since we are all trying out new characters and new styles. Too sick.

Also really fun to watch a grand finals that wasn't mk vs mk or marth/fox vs marth/fox.

Shout outs to
Luke dunking hard with Dk
Jacks Ike*** and stylistic Snake
Connors givesno****s Bowser
Brandons sonic (I have no idea how sonic can be so good haha) and his tight sets with connor
Jamies mario almost knocking Luke out of winners bracket
Stephen recording chokechain volume 2 and his wolf johns

My wario is gonna rep harder next time fosho

So excited for next Saturday goddayuhm everyone gonna be practicing now haha

#YOL4S #SWAG? #IKEOP #****IKE #BOWSERTOP3 #MARK8THSEED #GUCCI

:phone:

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Damn today was so hype. That mini project:m tourney was the most fun I've had in a long time.

So nice to see everyone again. Even nicer to see how project melee is bringing the melee and brawl communities back together. It's like we're a happy family again. Even better how everyone's skill level is roughly the same since we are all trying out new characters and new styles. Too sick.

Also really fun to watch a grand finals that wasn't mk vs mk or marth/fox vs marth/fox.

Shout outs to
Luke dunking hard with Dk
Jacks Ike*** and stylistic Snake
Connors givesno****s Bowser
Brandons sonic (I have no idea how sonic can be so good haha) and his tight sets with connor
Jamies mario almost knocking Luke out of winners bracket
Stephen recording chokechain volume 2 and his wolf johns

My wario is gonna rep harder next time fosho

So excited for next Saturday goddayuhm everyone gonna be practicing now haha

#YOL4S #SWAG? #IKEOP #****IKE #BOWSERTOP3 #MARK8THSEED #GUCCI

I had nothing to do today... I wish I would have heard about this.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
I'm from Calgary, I have met Ben a few times before. I joined the FGCC on Friday. My friends have also been to recent tournaments at the UC too. My friend James suggested I join the forum to get to know the smash community in AB a bit better.
Theres an event that's going to have casual Smash next Saturday, come check it out. http://www.facebook.com/events/319061371524572/

I'm thinking you're part of that group of friends that had that one wolf player? You guys have shown up at tourneys and stuff a lot, hope to see you more this year.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah sorry sid. Connor and I just went to the brawl tourney to play p:m friendliest with people and then we all decided to run a p:m side event at like 8pm hahaha

But ya everyone come next sat gonna be sick

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
MANDATORY DOUBLE-POST/BUMP

For those of you who remember Joel, HE GOT ENGAGED SQUEEEE

For those of you who don't know, he's FastFox, a vintage melee player and coined the term Randall. Smash History 101 sons.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. I'm very concerned about the well-being of Jarrett (Solaris1110). His family doesn't know where he may have gone, and he has deleted his Facebook account and wiped his computer since anyone has seen him last. Otherwise, none of his possessions seem to be missing. His smashboards account is still here with a last activity of Saturday at 6pm. He was last seen Sunday at 7pm at his house.

It's pretty unusual for him to be missing given his seemingly strict medication schedule. I know he has a tendency to go on very long walks to random places, but nothing longer than like 8 hours that I know of. It's also strange that both his FB and computer are deleted.

He has a mental health condition called catatonia. He also has aspergers, which is on the autism spectrum.
Please call Edmonton City Police if you see him or hear anything about where he might be. Also Jarrett if you happen to log on and see this, call me or your family or something. We're all worried about you...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Does anyone have a recent photo of Jarrett by chance? I'll make a post of Facebook to try to spread the word. Since Jarrett went to Harry Ainley, he and I shared a good number of mutual friends outside of the smash community.

Speaking of which, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say you can confidently pass on our thoughts and prayers to his family.

Please keep us updated, Sid.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Here's a pretty recent photo of him:

He's officially a missing person now. Otherwise, no new details :-/ I personally have no idea where he may have gone. I do know that he sometimes goes on really long random walks, but that doesn't narrow it down much...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Thanks Sid. I'll make an fb post as soon as I have the chance to get on a computer.

Those are some pretty concerning conditions to have while missing

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am assuming the police are on it already? Luckily it sounds like he went missing on his own accord, so it's likely nothing seriously bad has happened to him... Unfortunately that also means it may be even harder to find him.

How is it possible his last activity was saturday? He made a post in the projectmelee thread at 11:51 am yesterday morning.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
These long walks though, aren't they usually on the same paths? I would suggest the parents to walk down the same path, maybe they can get something out of it.

Top Bottom