• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Quaff

Smash Rookie
So what's happening this weekend? Im free Saturday and Sunday. Clarke, you're hosting Saturday, right?

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Wait, there was smash today at the U of C and club activities are running already?! Man, I need to get in touch. I was just loitering for like 3 hours because all my labs are cancelled this week... =(

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Wait, there was smash today at the U of C and club activities are running already?! Man, I need to get in touch. I was just loitering for like 3 hours because all my labs are cancelled this week... =(
Nah, clubs aren't running but there's a setup in the Physics and Astronomy club room, which Daniel holds so we can smash there whenever he has break lol

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
my peach actually lost to his falco in friendlies last time we played but i was doing silly things(using toad lol).
i actually am playing a mix of fox, ics, puff, peach, ganon, and yoshi right now. fox is **** and i can waveshine/sloppy doubleshine with analog consistantly but i practice him to make my hands faster as i am hella slow.
edit:oh, and arthur i can do shdl with y;)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
So more likely than not I am gonna hold a projectM tournament september the 29th at the UofA. I am working on actually getting privileges to book rooms, but if I cannot in time it'll probably still happen we'll just have to "steal" a room (like we've been doing for brawl tournaments for a few months now). I am gonna make a little thread for it so we can organize interest in it.

diop

Smash Rookie
2610 pages of Albertans? Damn. Well, hey. Taste referred me here off of AiB. Chillin' in St. Albert, yo. Pretty sucky, but I just got the game three days ago.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
First question.

Brawl or Melee?! Probably brawl considering you came from AiB.

If you're looking for the brawl tournaments, main discussion for the events is under rock-paper-scissors in the tournament listings section. There's a monthly next Saturday (Sept 22).

Either way, welcome to the smash scene~

Tyson651

Smash Lord
wont be going to the 29th. most likely going to edmonton on thanksgiving long weekend so dont want to drive up to edmonton back to back.

Taste

Smash Apprentice
So I have been in communication with the Co-Prez of the new fighting game club @ uofc and he seems really keen to get us smashers involved. I'm optimistic as to how this would turn out, it'd be fun to meet with ppl there and play more then just smash. I think this will be a much better fit for us than the VGC, where all they do is play computer games now. If you guys have a chance, go out to their table during clubs week and tell the people there that you're a big smash fan. He sent me their facebook page http://www.facebook.com/FGCC.Page

(They haven't determined when/where they will meet but it will be weekly)

Less work for me + bigger community? Hellz yea I'm down

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Wow that's great. Glad the FCCC co-president is enthusiastic about Smash. Liked, and I'll definitely check them out during Clubs Week.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
BTW I probably told everyone already, but Physics and Astronomy club pretty much has free smash 24/7. You don't even need to be a member, but I technically am, as well as Tom.

Last time, it was just me, then all my Computer Science friends showed up, then Mo showed up, then James, and then it was ridiculously awesome.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Well actually... usage is based on priority, like every Friday there's movie night. If someone is using it then you have wait. If you are going there you might as well not be a douche get a membership anyways.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'd be down for the p:m tourney. Speaking of which do any of you guys want to have a get together this weekend or something? Definitely craven that p:m.

Also if any of you guys at uofa have a chance to come by the engineering side of campus, pay me a visit in ETLC for some melee :) we have a set up in one of the club rooms 24/7

:phone:

Top Bottom