• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Stevo

Smash Champion
So looks like I won't be leaving Athabasca until like 1 or 2pm tomorrow. Which means, as a true smasher, this is the part where I say "I might be able to make it" and then say "sorry, real life etc etc" or something afterwards.

However, I'll skip that and say that I won't feel like going to smash at 8pm when most people will have left already, or are smashed-out. I'll be tired anyway.

So it's a no go basically.

and Sid, you should host again sometime on the weekend one of these days! (or anyone else, but Sid is most reliable and I can stay over probably)

Rush

Smash Apprentice
The trickier part has always been getting the timing with shieldstun/ avoid the accidental spotdodge. I'm not sure how useful it is with Falco anyways. Now if it was Fox......now we are talking.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Lol if you land a shine OoS with falco it's like a free combo against spacies; a free combo for others if they don't DI well.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
The trickier part has always been getting the timing with shieldstun/ avoid the accidental spotdodge. I'm not sure how useful it is with Falco anyways. Now if it was Fox......now we are talking.
It's really useful in general. Imagine being able to Shine OoS a floaty without getting hit out of your second jump getting juggled for like 50 percent.

Also you would be able to combo anyone out of it, vs just FFers, and also even if they somehow expected you to Shine OoS and DI'ed like a champion, something that wouldn't work if you left the ground

IMO more important for Falco cause Fox jumps faster and can afford to jump out of his Shine, and he would still be fast enough to go for a techchase

But then again, Shine OoS without leaving the ground vs a floaty into JC u-smash would raaaaaape

I haven't tried any of this with Fox yet cause I can't even doubleshine consistently with him yet

Or just WD into u-smash or grab for less awesome technical points

I've also decided to go Falco vs everyone including floaties, only Fox vs Falco

And Ron, I'm still salty

:phone:

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
wow is this the long awaited lift of the legendary perma-johns.
thanks for updates stevo, enjoy your time in calgary.
also ben i see u creepin, i am holding a smashfest today;)

Taste

Smash Apprentice
Update: I went and talked to people about forming a club. It seems there's already a fighting club in the works, so I'm going to talk to them about their schedule. Also! If we were to form our own just strictly smash bros club, we'd need 20 people to be signed in on, at least 13-14 of which are uofc students. Do we have enough people to do this in the first place?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Weird how you'd still go fox against falco even though a shine oos in falco dittos would probably mean 80% or death compared to getting hit by a floaty.

Need more confidence in that combo confirm.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
arthur want to take the easy way out with fox cause he thinks it easier to play fox vs falso then falso dittos.
1-2 shines can =a stock.
also ben we dont have enough u of c students to make our own so joining theirs would be our best option
yes i am hosting today

Rush

Smash Apprentice
FYI I referring to grounded shine-oos, not regular. Most Falcos tend to jump immediately after their shine-oos and combo them anyways. If you get could grounded shine-oos with Fox you could (theoretically) do stupid stuff like waveshine combos oos or thunders oos. Of course I'd much refer to get shine-oos techase. Gotto love super theory bros..

Clarke, you still hosting today?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
ice climbers win super theory bros tho, fox has no chance;)
illl be hosting all day,
playing pokemon diamond with an n64 controllerftw
forgot about marth;)

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
thank you for coming daniel, ill be hosting 1 next week
Sorry Dude it turns out I was out of town the entire day.

The more technical stuff I learn with Falco, the more thinky I want to play him. I don't like rushdown Falco as much as Dr PP style Falco.

I just don't think playing Falco dittos are very fun.

Oh and Daniel we should find a time to exchange new techy skills lol

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
lol fox vs falco with daniel for 1/2 hour... his falco is pretty bad;)
i had alot of fun without u.:p
daniel waveshined my peach across the lvl then sd'ed going for the shine spike..... too pro
/best highlight

Rush

Smash Apprentice
I just don't think playing Falco dittos are very fun.
You are a bad person, and probably have no soul. xD

Anyway since school is starting we'll get more opportunities for smash. Maybe tomorrow as PASA club depending on tv availability and our schedules...

Quaff

Smash Rookie
I'll probably be there next Saturday if you're going to host like you said you are, Clarke.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I havn't clicked that link yet Tyson, but from what you said, I can say I'M TIRED OF YOUR ASIAN CHIN TOUCHING GIRL BULL**** YOU ****HEAD.

jk, yeah I dunno, I'm not trying to force anything on you guys.

edit: Watched thing, nice post Tyson. Ironically I hate gangnam style, for everything that it is.

...Except that it's Sho

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You should practice invincible ledgedash instead of grounded shine oos arthur lol. I feel that has at least way more utility.

Leffen talks a lot about how good it is and it probably is.

Also bowser is top tier in super theory bros. But everyone already knows that.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
You should practice invincible ledgedash instead of grounded shine oos arthur lol. I feel that has at least way more utility.

Leffen talks a lot about how good it is and it probably is.

Also bowser is top tier in super theory bros. But everyone already knows that.
Could you link me a video to that technique? I haven't heard of it before

Or is it just WD from grabbing the ledge

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah it's just WD from a ledgehop. If you do it immediately from the edge it's invincible for quite a while.

If you want to see it being used often you can look up leffen's vids. I saw Toph recently using it as well but probably not as effective.

Top Bottom