• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sid, a few questions.

Where abouts does Jarrett live?

Did he take any of his meds with him? Whats going to happen if he doesn't take them?

Tyson651

Smash Lord
Jarrett lives between Southgate and century park. Decent neighborhood imo. I think he gets depressed, so there can be a lot of issues related to that.

:phone:

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Luckily, Jarrett was just as involved with Edmonton's bboying scene as he was with the smash scene. One of edmonton popular local artists Creeasian is really getting the news out.

That being said, Creeasian is half Cree and half Chinese. Creeasian. So sick.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
support for people with high-functioning autism and aspergers really lets you fall through the cracks and most people with aspergers face depression in 1 form or another. I have met many people with aspergers and sometimes that depression which i have dealt with in the past can turn into self-hatred. That can lead to substance abuse(especially alchohol >50% of pop.) and suicidal thoughts. I really hope he is ok.
that was my rant, almost got hit by crazy ***** in the silver sedan
kinda worked up

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Well ****, I will spread the word as well, don't know how much good it will do, but if he came to calgary maybe we can help.

I really hope he's ok...

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Not to worry anyone but I think it's worth knowing, since I was talking to Tyler and Carl about this today

But about last week or so Jarrett posted about how his meds were ruining his life. When we see Jarrett again we should really all get together for a big smashfest and show him our friendship and support.

Ramgopal

Smash Rookie
Yep, that sounds like us. Just to make sure, was there a fox player in that group? I remember I was your partner for a match at a free play, I screwed you over with my bucket as Game & Watch under pressure :p
I think you were Pikachu and you tried to fill up my bucket with your thunder move, but I just failed. Thanks Ben, I guess I'll see you this Saturday then.

Ramgopal

Smash Rookie
Mine

Theres an event that's going to have casual Smash next Saturday, come check it out. http://www.facebook.com/events/319061371524572/

I'm thinking you're part of that group of friends that had that one wolf player? You guys have shown up at tourneys and stuff a lot, hope to see you more this year.
Yep, that sounds like us. Just to make sure, was there a fox player in that group? I remember I was your partner for a match at a free play, I screwed you over with my bucket as Game & Watch under pressure :p
I think you were Pikachu and you tried to fill up my bucket with your thunder move, but I just failed. Thanks Ben, I guess I'll see you this Saturday then.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Around last week or so, Jarrett made a post on Facebook that said "ativan ruined my life." Stephen and I commented on it and wondered if he was okay. A bit later, a friend was with me when I was browsing Facebook and when I showed it to my friend, I told him how I was actually worried that Jarrett might commit suicide given the nature of the status and his health condition over the past year or two. My friend told me that I was overreacting, so I decided to leave it alone and I did nothing about it. Now that this is happening, I feel absolutely gut-wrenchingly horrible that I didn't do anything about it. Granted, I didn't have any of Jarrett's contact information in regards to his email and phone, nor do I know his parents. But even if it's technically not my "fault" that this happened, it still makes me sick to feel that I had a feeling this would happen and I failed to do anything about it. My hopes are that he gets home safely and this is all just an overreaction on my part. Please turn up safely, Jarrett.

Ramgopal

Smash Rookie
Lol dunn worry about it. I'm ok, I just need more practice and experience in tournaments.
Are you going to the FGCC smash free play Saturday?
If you are, bring Ryan!

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Maybe we shouldn't jump to the suicide thoughts so fast.

Sid, do you know if and where his family will be setting up search crews? I would definitely be willing to assist in that.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Man, I never really knew how serious Jarrett's life had gotten recently. I truly hope he turns up OK, and I hope Edmonton's people can support him through the tougher times.

Also, I'm sort of glad that the new people are starting with Brawl first, so Melee people can't scare them away.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Good to see you also posted it on reddit Victor. That should broaden the search a lot.

I really hope Jarrett gets found safely >_<.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Of the two words that Jarrett has ever said to me, they were both golden.

"I saw videos of you online, you have a really good Samus."
"Thanks."

"Jarrett, I don't think I've played you yet, wanna play?"
"Sure."

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
His family hasn't set up a search crew yet, but if they do I'll let everyone know. Devon (his bro) has asked that if anyone could actively look around for any amount of time, it would be a great help. He could be actually anywhere. They've searched a lot of the nearby south side parks.

I'm going to do some looking tomorrow. I don't know where yet, but probably around 2.

I've suggested that they try to recover the data on his computer or somehow get Facebook to access his account to see if anything can be found out from those avenues. I haven't heard whether they're doing that or not, or if that's a police thing or whatnot.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
There was actually a search earlier today. I wasn't aware of it as I was in class, but whenever the next one is we'll be sure to get the word out.

About the computer: I don't know. I'll ask his bro.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sid, do you know if and where his family will be setting up search crews? I would definitely be willing to assist in that.
Likewise

Brand new to the smash boards. Is there any brawl tournaments going on soon?
Sorry that you're joining us at such a sensitive time. Welcome to smashboards! You'll have a great time brawling in calgary. It's a great community over there.

His family hasn't set up a search crew yet, but if they do I'll let everyone know. Devon (his bro) has asked that if anyone could actively look around for any amount of time, it would be a great help. He could be actually anywhere. They've searched a lot of the nearby south side parks.

I'm going to do some looking tomorrow. I don't know where yet, but probably around 2.

I've suggested that they try to recover the data on his computer or somehow get Facebook to access his account to see if anything can be found out from those avenues. I haven't heard whether they're doing that or not, or if that's a police thing or whatnot.
Sid, do you know if Jarrett carried his medications with him?

And yeah. Considering that it's been more than 24 hours since he's been missing he literally can be anywhere. Send Devon our warmest thoughts and prayers.

Seems like there has been a search party that met up today at 6pm. They essentially went from Duggan area upwards to Hawrelak park with no success.

His family and friends have thoroughly searched Duggan, U of A, Emily Murphy, Hawrelak, Legislature, and central downtown as these are his favorite spots in the city.

I've gotten into contact with his mother and a close family friend who more or less led the search party. I'll let everyone know as soon as the have a planned meeting time.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
From what I know he typically carried them with him. The thing is he needed a reminder to take his meds; His mom would make sure that one of us reminded him at certain times to take his meds if he was going to be out with Devon or I for a long time.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
From a family friend this morning-

"Deb is taking a small group of friends to check the south side. She's asked that others form groups and start checking the river valley area, particularly around Emily Murphy Park, Hawrelak, and over to the downtown area"

So shall we form a group? I'm willing to go at any time today. I'll post on FB as well

I'm going at 10:00 with a couple of friends if anyone would like to join. I'll probably be going again later too though

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Did Jarrett have a cell phone? Not that I don't think someones tried to call it or anything, but if he owns one he used recently before leaving, there might be some way to track that.

Brand new to the smash boards. Is there any brawl tournaments going on soon?
Welcome to the boards! Dunno if I've met either of you come to think of it. I may have, but I'm Brad, I'm a melee player but I at one point was very involved with Brawl. Good to see new people and stay close to the boards for information

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I have class today from 9:30 till 6:30 but I had a chance to check out whyte ave westwards towards campus this morning with no luck.

Another search party is meeting up at the Duggan community hall tonight at 6pm and will be searching upwards to the river again. There's been a group that searched out the downtown core this morning too.

It's tough, with two days passed the possibilities of jarretts whereabouts is limitless

:phone:

Taste

Smash Apprentice
You guys are in my thoughts!

You new brawlers can add me on skype username tastetasty if you need to msg me.
I'll see you guys Sat. That's it from me for now while the search is on.

Ramgopal

Smash Rookie
Sorry for just interjecting at this tense moment, I hope you guys are fruitful in the search for your friend.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Can we confirm it was him and not just someone checking his messages? Because thats important, it means he's alive, somewhat well, and has electricity

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm going to see what I can do.

Called the police and those ****ers completely blew me off. ****ing pigs.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Well I told him everyone about Jarrett, and the info and stuff. Then told him that I found that he had activity on an internet forum yesterday afternoon.

The man pretty much said "It's not surprising that he was on the internet given this day and age" and said "I'm going to let you go now" and hung up before I could say anything.

Luckily I called Crime Stoppers directly afterwards and the operator was happy enough to take down the information, and gave me another number to call when and if I get through with the possible location of his last activity.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
These are the ip addresses that Jarrett has ever used. Unfortunately they aren't sorted by dates and times.
Information from MelissaData:

IP Address Location
IP Address 199.185.67.179
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
ISP Edmonton Public School Board District No. 7.
Latitude & Longitude 53.596 -113.44 MapG MapV
Domain epsb.ca

IP Address 199.185.67.19
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain epsb.ca

IP Address 199.185.67.214
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain epsb.ca

IP Address 24.70.95.205
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
ISP Shaw Communications Inc..
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 24.70.95.206
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 24.71.223.152
City Calgary
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Latitude & Longitude 50.986 -113.821 MapG MapV
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.144.177.99
City Calgary
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.146.222.251
City Calgary
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.167.202
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.170.23
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.175.174
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.175.181
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.197.254
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 68.150.222.235
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net

IP Address 70.74.25.121
City Edmonton
State or Region Alberta
Country Canada
Domain shawcable.net
Every IP vBulletin has logged for him. I can't say which one he was on last other than the one John pointed out for his last post.

IP Address 127.0.0.1
Host Name localhost

IP Address 199.185.67.179
Host Name N/A

IP Address 199.185.67.19
Host Name N/A

IP Address 199.185.67.214
Host Name N/A

IP Address 24.70.95.205
Host Name px3ar.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 24.70.95.206
Host Name px4ar.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 24.71.223.152
Host Name px10so.cg.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.144.177.99
Host Name S010698fc115332dd.cg.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.146.222.251
Host Name S010678cd8e719607.cg.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.167.202
Host Name S01060018e7f032a4.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.170.23
Host Name S0106002401e7eb5e.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.175.174
Host Name S0106602ad09635af.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.175.181
Host Name S01060021e9d9f244.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 68.149.197.254
Host Name N/A

IP Address 68.150.222.235
Host Name S010600222de53baf.ed.shawcable.net

IP Address 70.74.25.121
Host Name S0106001c10a9a557.ed.shawcable.net

His last post on swf was made from here:
The IP Address is: 68.149.170.23
The host name is: S0106002401e7eb5e.ed.shawcable.net

Stevo

Smash Champion
Well I told him everyone about Jarrett, and the info and stuff. Then told him that I found that he had activity on an internet forum yesterday afternoon.

The man pretty much said "It's not surprising that he was on the internet given this day and age" and said "I'm going to let you go now" and hung up before I could say anything.
WOW
that's terrible.

Glad crime stoppers was helpful though

what do we do with this information now?

Top Bottom