• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Tyson651

Smash Lord
nope it's a legit job. haha.
really? how come everyone tells me its volunteering work and the only thing they get at the end is a scholarship of $1000 for volunteering.

so you get salary wage? if so then nice, people misinform about it then lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
no there's two different jobs. If you're an instructor you're paid and you run the workshops and camps. It also counts as a co-op term since its part of the fac of engg.

what you're thinking of is a junior instructor position, which is for high school students going into engineering. They get a scholarship and they pretty much help out with supply packing and stuff, and just general assistance for instructors.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
speaking of good movies, kung fu panda 2 was really really good. I'm always really skeptical about sequels but they nailed it. Definitely watch it if you liked the first (personally i actually liked this second one better.)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Some animated movies can be really good (toy story 3 was actually amazing), but I didn't REALLY enjoy kung fu panda. Was alright, and dunno if I'd see 2 in theatres.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
My role as event organizer does not lock me into running a bracket and not doing a single thing. I'll be entering a few games as well.
btw
I was hoping you'd know about those prizes is all I asked, because I assume you are somewhat responsible for the prizes that were decided based on the move, because quite frankly, as a tournament organizer, there is NO WAY you shouldn't have at least been informed about the venue being changed.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Alright boys, I'm cleared for take off and am on my way, as it stands I think I'm just eating dinner when I get there then going to sids, but I do have my phone (403-803-6765) so feel free to contact me (by text preferably) and yeah. BROS BROS BROS BROS BROS

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I was hoping you'd know about those prizes is all I asked, because I assume you are somewhat responsible for the prizes that were decided based on the move, because quite frankly, as a tournament organizer, there is NO WAY you shouldn't have at least been informed about the venue being changed.
What the **** makes you think that I don't know of the venue change? I paid half of this venue and I put up the $200.00 for the smash starter.

Luke is in charge of all the smash events and can decide how he'd like the $200.00 to be split up. All questions regarding the smash side of the event can be asked directly to him. Also if you were reading the ****ing Alberta Beat Down 2 thread, you'd have seen that I informed luke of the venue change.

I'm a pretty laid back person, but your really starting to get on my nerves. I wonder if you'd be missed at the event..

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am thinking at this point I'll split that $200 evenly between the melee and brawl singles event.

Lol, Shiro as much as I hate Brad, don't ban him from this. I don't think you're exactly understanding what he was asking, but I agree he's being rude about it, and not very direct. He just wants to know if there are any other non cash prizes going to be supplied for the smash events (I think).

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
I aint telling you guys the "other" stuff I'm giving you until tmw. It's not very big, but I hey, I'd want the prize if i won smash ahha

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It's not gonna turn out badly >_>

It's a bonus pot, meaning it shouldn't even really be there to begin with. If people wanna ***** about it I don't give a ****.

Ok but I am definitely gonna split it by attendance ratio lol.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
imo leave the brawl pot alone with the 200 starter, it was advertised as a 200 starter and should stay that way

KillLock

Smash Lord
Luke, don't you dare split the 200 in melee when it was intended strictly for Brawl.

Also, this is too short of notice imo, and pretty GAY if you do that.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
imo leave the brawl pot alone with the 200 starter, it was advertised as a 200 starter and should stay that way
It was advertised as such because at the time melee wasn't part of the games listed.

Luke, don't you dare split the 200 in melee when it was intended strictly for Brawl.

Also, this is too short of notice imo, and pretty GAY if you do that.
Short notice...? Wtf does that even mean? I think it's GAY that you think any of us are entitled to this bonus pot when we're not. Shiro is graciously giving us this money and is now giving me permission to do what I want with it (except for keeping it lol). You're gonna ***** about getting $100 extra instead of $200? That's ********.

oh, if it was intended for brawl then yeah, leave it for brawl
See above

Don't split it. Just put the full 200 into 64
Lol.

I mean overall we have more people traveling for melee than brawl, and atm there is a lot more hype for melee. I don't really care if Dan or Jack or whoever gets mad, because I think melee "deserves" it just as much as brawl, if not more due to BluntedObject coming and supplying some hype. Short notice or not, what difference does it make? Technically we're not supposed to have this money in the first place.

Ultimately it's up to Shiro. If he wants me to put it strictly into the brawl pot then I will do so, but if he's giving me the option, I will split the money accordingly (attendance ratio).

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Luke, the Brawl tournament was advertised with a $200.00 starting pot, changing things a day beforehand is not only unacceptable, but its unwarranted. Regardless of wither or not Melee was intended for this event, it does not negate the fact that this event granteed people entering Brawl, that the game was going to have a $200.00 starter.

I do not agree with the idea of taking money away from the brawl pot, then moving it to the melee pot, simply because melee has been added to the event..

If anything, you should have asked me a while ago. People who have been training for this event have been doing so with the idea in their head that a game had a starting pot. Some people have been playing smash harder than ever with that pot in mind.

No one, not me you or anyone has the right to take what these people have trained so hard for. Simply because another game has been added to the pot.

It's like your punishing these guys, by taking money from the pot.

When I said it was up to you to split the pot. I meant the 200 thrown in with the brawl money.

Lets not piss everyone off and screw around with the money

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That's perfectly fine. I was under the impression you were allowing me to do that. I don't mind either way, I just felt that Melee should feel some love as well.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
That's perfectly fine. I was under the impression you were allowing me to do that. I don't mind either way, I just felt that Melee should feel some love as well.
Hey man, i got them soemthing. Don't worry!

FalseFalco

Smash Master
1:44 PM
shiro420 said:
Luke is in charge of all the smash events and can decide how he'd like the $200.00 to be split up
5:21 PM
shiro420 said:
Luke, changing things a day beforehand is not only unacceptable, but its unwarranted
...why not just take responsibility for your own money instead of teasing Luke?

I'd like to mention that Blunted object is in from BC and Brad will be in from calgary. No one is coming from out of province for brawl. Money has never been a dealbreaker for melee players so we'll be there regardless of whats at stake. After all, for once we have a player in town that can challenge our best players.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
agreed with carl

also isn't dan only going because of the starter pot cause he hates brawl now? getting this province's best brawl player to only come because of a starter pot seems more like bribing than anything when we have out of province and out of city players coming for melee without complaining about anything money related. attendance ratio seems perfectly fair, people are coming to alberta beatdown not brawl beatdown

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Uh just a heads up question. Can anyone drive me to the LRT after ABD2? Not a ride home or anything, just to the LRT. :x

Top Bottom