• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Brad it's really dumb to say one person carries the team. If one of the teammates really sucks, the team WILL fall apart no matter what. When Tyson goes jiggs he's good at keeping stocks, that doesn't equal carrying the team, it just means he's playing a passive role, while I have to play a more aggressive one.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Apparently according to the edmonton gamers website, the venue has been changed to the ramada inn?

"We have an announcement to make about Alberta Beatdown 2 on June 25th.

Due to unforeseen and uncontrollable delays in construction at OverKlocked the venue will not be ready in time for Alberta Beatdown. OverKlocked & Edmonton Gamers have been hard at work looking for an intermediary solution to make Alberta Beatdown 2 possible! and we have Found it! We will be hosting the Event at the Ramada across the street from OverKlocked in their “Ridgewood” room.

Due to the network infrastructure at the Ramada, we don’t feel confident that we would be able to run a SC2 tournament to the standards we want to apply. Therefore we have decided to move the SC2 portion of Alberta Beatdown 2 to July 23rd at OverKlocked.

We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this may cause, and we want to make up for it, so here are some things we are going to do for you!

1. We are going to cut the venue fee in half for both events! The Alberta Beatdown 2 Venue fee will only be $5 as well as the SC2 tournament July 23rd.
2. For Alberta Beatdown 2 OverKlocked will be giving away 4 Fightsticks during the event!
3. For the Starcraft 2 Event July 23rd OverKlocked will be giving SteelSeries professional Gaming Equipment including:
SteelSeries 7G Gaming Keyboard
SteelSeries Ikari Laser Gaming Mouse
SteelSeries 9HD Mouse Pads
SteelSeries Siberia v2 Headset
4. OverKlocked and Edmonton Gamers will also be providing other prizes to be given away during both events
5. As an extra thank you for all the support from the Gaming Community OverKlocked will be bringing in free pizza for everyone at both events. So make sure you stick around for the whole tournament, play some casuals and have a great time!

Stay posted for more information on the SC2 Tournament, which will be coming out in the next week.

The Ramada is Located @ 11834 Kingsway Northwest Edmonton AB
The Tournament will be taking place in the “Ridgewood” Room which is located on the second floor. To get to the Ridgewood you have to take the elevator which is visible from the Main Entrance.
Due to setup/Room Bookings the tournament should be setup by 2:00pm starting no later than 3:00pm

Get Ready, and stay pumped because it’s almost time for Alberta Beatdown 2!

Are you ready?"

i'm so down for free pizza and cheaper venue fee but we're gonna be hard pressed on time if it starts at 2-3 pm

Alphicans

Smash Hero
That is also posted on the tournament thread on smashboards.

I should hope everyone looks at that before they come to the tournament... It'd be pretty dumb not to.

And yes I am very aware the time limitations. I want everyone to be there as early as possible. Anyone bringing set-ups should be there by 1 at the latest.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
HEY CARL wanna pick me up the morning of beatdown and we can jam to some tunes in your car while we try to find the ramada inn?

no dubstep if you want i promise\

Edit: Brad, I just talked to allan and he wants to come to alberta beatdown with you. can you squish another seat in your ride? contact him

FalseFalco

Smash Master
I'm gonna try and cram my car with TV's tyler but I'll let you know friday evening how it's gonna go down and if I can drive you. Also my car is
in the shop right now

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
naw, that was his friend on his facebook

brad wanna team for melee? assuming i'm able to make it there?
oh i guess i need a melee partner too
I need a teammate for brawl and melee; i'm bad at brawl and melee though.
OH THE CHOICES!!

This may seem rude of me, but who do you guys think is the best suited for doubles? I don't mean to be rude, but it's the only part of the tournament I really try during, So I'd prefer not to end up with someone who really only cares about singles. I'm leaving towards Jarett since you're the ****ing man, man. But Tyler you've said you've been getting really good and frankly I think our team chemistry might be a little better. SO I guess whoever gets back to me first- wait hold on a sec, Tyler actually asked me, lol nevermind Tyler you can be it, unless you're just ****ing around.

Sorry Mike I love you to death but I don't love Jiggs and I know your heart is in brawl more than melee. (I'll enjoy losing to you in both I'm sure XD)

1. We are going to cut the venue fee in half for both events! The Alberta Beatdown 2 Venue fee will only be $5 as well as the SC2 tournament July 23rd.
2. For Alberta Beatdown 2 OverKlocked will be giving away 4 Fightsticks during the event!
4. OverKlocked and Edmonton Gamers will also be providing other prizes to be given away during both events
5. As an extra thank you for all the support from the Gaming Community OverKlocked will be bringing in free pizza for everyone at both events. So make sure you stick around for the whole tournament, play some casuals and have a great time!
These are all good things, I assume Shiro knows some more details, so in that case SHIRO HEAR MY CALL!!! but yeah, could you tell me how you plan to dish out the bonus prizes? Cause I'd love to get my hands on them, all of them.

I should hope everyone looks at that before they come to the tournament... It'd be pretty dumb not to.
You'd be surprised.

no dubstep if you want i promise\

Edit: Brad, I just talked to allan and he wants to come to alberta beatdown with you. can you squish another seat in your ride? contact him
Better be no dubsteb.

Sadly I'm going oldschool and going with my parents since I don't know why, but theres always a wedding in edmonton when theres a tournament. Seriously ask Sid 90% of tournaments I've come for I've gotten away with this.

or allan could have asked brad personally, instead of you being his slave
He did that too lol Allans cool no worries.

I might be able topost a couple of images, we'll see
Steve continuing his trend of top posts.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
jarrett is a very good singles player.

and a really good doubles player.. but only if you know how to dodge missiles and doesnt afraid

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
You probably could stay at my place on Friday Brad. It really depends what those 64 players are doing? Did they disappear?
Don't you live way out of edmonton though? (although if I can get there, I appreciate the sentiment I'll keep it in mind)

Yeah, I really hope they still intend to come.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing and sent the dude a message earlier this morning, we'll see I suppose.

jarrett is a very good singles player.

and a really good doubles player.. but only if you know how to dodge missiles and doesnt afraid
Well I am good at dogging missiles and cannot afraid

I intend to get 2nd at the smash 64 tournament...
Thanks for the insightful info regarding my question

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
Don't you live way out of edmonton though? (although if I can get there, I appreciate the sentiment I'll keep it in mind)

SuPeRbOoM SuPeRbOoM is online now [Captain Falcon] 64 BRoomer
64 Backroom Member

I live northwest Edmonton(Westmount).

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
OH THE CHOICES!!

This may seem rude of me, but who do you guys think is the best suited for doubles? I don't mean to be rude, but it's the only part of the tournament I really try during, So I'd prefer not to end up with someone who really only cares about singles. I'm leaving towards Jarett since you're the ****ing man, man. But Tyler you've said you've been getting really good and frankly I think our team chemistry might be a little better. SO I guess whoever gets back to me first- wait hold on a sec, Tyler actually asked me, lol nevermind Tyler you can be it, unless you're just ****ing around.

Sorry Mike I love you to death but I don't love Jiggs and I know your heart is in brawl more than melee. (I'll enjoy losing to you in both I'm sure XD)
Actually you're probably better off teaming with jarrett than me in that case, i'm kind of the opposite of you and i care a lot more about singles than dubs and i'll probly end up not entering doubles or, if i'm somehow up for it, i'll maybe go like double jiggz with mike lolol

SuPeRbOoM SuPeRbOoM is online now [Captain Falcon] 64 BRoomer
64 Backroom Member

I live northwest Edmonton(Westmount).
that's kinda central btw, both west end and north end are at least 15 minutes away from there

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Brandon ***** PLZ i didnt know you were asking me any questionsbtw WHO WANTS SOME IN 64? HUH yall fray so fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
(cept dan, he's kinda a challenge)

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Westmount is not central.

Steve im too fray for 64. Just too fray. Also kithkin=brad but that doesn't really change anything.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Oh, cool.

Brandon ***** PLZ i didnt know you were asking me any questionsbtw WHO WANTS SOME IN 64? HUH yall fray so fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
(cept dan, he's kinda a challenge)
Well I was just curious since, wern't you running this or something? Guess not.

Westmount is not central.
Is it close to Sid's at all? Cause thats where I'm staying at the end of the day lol

ALSO JARETT WANNA TEAM THEN <3?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Sid lives pretty much near the south edge of edmonton where as westmount is relatively close to downtown. Just a 10 minute drive west. Pretty far distance from Sid's unfortunately.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
well if you want to get technical its north west, but to be fair its more north relative to downtown than it is west. =p

also i might be down too depending on the interest. I haven't played smash in like 2 and a half months. =__=

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah if i'm not doing anything else that day i'll come. I'd say i'm pretty much confirmed for the time being.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Wait what? Ok I need to have some serious chattage with whoever is involving themselves with me when I come, Sid obviously, but perhaps anyone else interested in hosting me etc.

I need to confirm what exactly is happening with me before I go including addresses and relative times otherwise I won't be able to make it.

(edit: Also Sid: ranom unrelated to smasjh sidenote: what're you doing the first weekend of july 1st-whatever, I might be driving in to town myself)

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
hey steve, if you wanna smash today I can host. I'll be off work at 4 so i'll be at the U. Tyler is meeting up with me there so anyone else who wants to come feel free to just let me know and we'll wait for ya. Otherwise i'll PM my address and number if you don't already have it.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
if you wanna get super technical, ya'll northwest. except my house.

edit: i thought discoverE was volunteering, not work

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
Oh, cool.

Well I was just curious since, wern't you running this or something? Guess not.

Is it close to Sid's at all? Cause thats where I'm staying at the end of the day lol

ALSO JARETT WANNA TEAM THEN <3?
My role as event organizer does not lock me into running a bracket and not doing a single thing. I'll be entering a few games as well.
btw

"In a short interview with 1up, Smash Bros series producer Masahiro Sakurai had one extremely interesting thing to say about the development of the next generation Smash Bros games (for Wii U and 3DS); They haven’t even started yet!

“We’ve got no plans whatsoever,” he said. “We’ve got two new games out in the open when there’s no extra time to work with them at all. It makes me cringe, and I’m not sure it’s the smartest thing to make gamers wait for several years, but the early announcement was made chiefly in order to attract new team members.”

Does that leave the new project on shaky ground? Sakurai seems to think so, saying;

“With previous projects I had a game design document in place before forming a team, but with this I don’t have time for that. I won’t be able to look at every aspect of the game and balance out all the characters by myself this time. I’m trying to think about how this is going to work out, but probably I’ll have to discuss it with my future development team. The future of this project really depends on the people I can get involved with it.”

It should be years before the release of the new Smash game, so don’t expect any news on it for quite some time."

Top Bottom