• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So guys, I'm trying to start planning a national for Canada. Right now I'm just trying to figure out how to get people here.

What are general prices to get to places from Alberta? I'm trying to find the cheapest place travel-wise on average for all the regions.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
cheapest would PROBLY mean hosting in manitoba...which is the deadest province for smash in the midwest

sask is an option too but again, pretty dead there

probably best off hosting either in ontario or here in alberta, although this "national" would have to be pretty big and at the right time if alberta were to come. ec seems more flexible for travelling though

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, I actually was considering Manitoba. I'm going to make sure to announce it considerably ahead of time and not on a weekend that's anything special to try and keep airfare/bus prices down for people.

And yeah, with any luck it'll be big.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
@supreme dirt

Ontario is the best place to host a national. Anywhere on the west coast and no east coasters will come and vice versa. Also it's extremely unlikely any americans will travel to it unless it's in ontario.

I don't mind traveling to the east coast for a big tournament, I've done it twice in the past and had a great time.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Also it's extremely unlikely any americans will travel to it unless it's in ontario.
not true, washington came for cast4 and i don't think cast4 was nearly as big as what this guy is planning

they were going to come to adat2 as well but they had last minute passport issues. they also frequently come up to BC, and they could always drive with BC down to alberta if needed

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Come to think of it, I should probably announce it sooner rather than later so people can get passport issues figured out.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
so uhh, what did the super jump do again?
Well, it jumped.

not true, washington came for cast4 and i don't think cast4 was nearly as big as what this guy is planning

they were going to come to adat2 as well but they had last minute passport issues. they also frequently come up to BC, and they could always drive with BC down to alberta if needed
Key words being not as big as this guy is planning, Cast4 is probably the biggest tournament alberta has had besides maybe CT3, and neither of those actually had major turnouts, sure they we're hard advertised as national tournaments, but frankly I doubt we would've gotten more even if we had, The key thing to remember is proximity and hype, if you get Mango coming cause he's close, M2K will come to exact revenge, and if they're both coming SS will come to combo video, and if SS comes, Silent wolf will come to prove to SS he is flashier, and if Silent Wolf comes, then DJnintendo will come to comment. Etc. Etc.

get hype to make hype

FalseFalco

Smash Master
"blunted_object10"? more like I'm gonna shove my blunt object into 10 bird orifices you never thought possible.

see you at alberta beatdown BICH.

Dezmu

Smash Ace
NNID
Dezmu780
3DS FC
1435-5832-6827
THAT SOUNDS LIKE BEEF

I think we need to see Blunted vs False Falco MONAAAAAAAAAAY MATCH!

Who wants to see this **** go down?

Or since Dan is going to be at this event, I say we get SUPER BOOM vs False Falco!

GET FCUKING HYPE

FalseFalco

Smash Master
lol dan and I have pretty ******** matches sometimes, it's not really a fair fight cause we know eachothers habits really well

I am open to all money matches though :)

Tyson651

Smash Lord
tru nigas stay home and play LoL.

sup

also i dont think it was 0C at 4am, cause 4am is around the time i leave my house to catch the company bus and it wasnt even cold at all

Top Bottom