• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Go for GAW, I picked him up a couple of weeks ago. Soooo much fun! :reverse:

You can replace his roll with his wavedash

Dtilt ***** everything, same with the chute

Yoshi's sheild sucks too (in a different way), but v3ctorman still *****

Lol G&W sucks against anyone who can pressure

D-tilt is ****, chute is ****, every one of G&W's moves ****

Lol you can frikkin edgeguard fast fallers by running off with them, waiting for them to recover to the ledge, up-b into them from below, land on the stage, u-tilt and f-air brick them off again

2 good

His edgeguards are so **** cause every single one of his moves lasts days

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Sheik ***** low tiers better than Fox does. most low tiers are low tiers cause they have no combo game, can't approach, get chaingrabbed or comboed really hard, or they can't kill. Rolls don't mean much as much as having good oos options or a large shield.

And yeah G&W's moves last forever...even after you land and then you figure you can't L-cancel them >_>

edit: funny thing last night; i was at a playground with some people doing what you would expect people to do at a playground at midnight...this truck pulls up in the parking lot and just sits there and parks, and we get kinda worried that they're watching us or some ****, or maybe gonna call the cops. then we wait a few minutes and you see lighters going and they're hotboxing hahahaha

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Sheik ***** low tiers better than Fox does. most low tiers are low tiers cause they have no combo game, can't approach, get chaingrabbed or comboed really hard, or they can't kill. Rolls don't mean much as much as having good oos options or a large shield.

And yeah G&W's moves last forever...even after you land and then you figure you can't L-cancel them >_>

edit: funny thing last night; i was at a playground with some people doing what you would expect people to do at a playground at midnight...this truck pulls up in the parking lot and just sits there and parks, and we get kinda worried that they're watching us or some ****, or maybe gonna call the cops. then we wait a few minutes and you see lighters going and they're hotboxing hahahaha
Only meh moves can't be l-cancelled... u-air and b-air

Fox u-smash > all of Sheik's moves > G&W

G&W can't approach, he can just throw out high priority moves and space his brick/manhole

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
Would GAWs light sheild make up for it's size?

Also, GAW is pretty much a glass cannon. He has a dominating attack game, but his defense sux. :(

Edit: lol Tyler, sketching out. Fun fact: even if it was cops, just don't mind them, they will just think you don't know better

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
His light shield is still balls + now he will slide. You can't get away from GaW sucking unless you play brawl.
What's wrong with sliding? Isn't it a good way to get some breathing room? Better than his roll at least.

Brawl GAW is actually a guilty pleasure of mine. He's the only thing I like about brawl.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Nobody has really tried using lightshielding effectively in the melee metagame. I bet it would have some interesting results. I want to try using it with marth sometimes because he gets stabbed really easy when he's on a platform, but it's really hard to do it properly. Most of the time I end up not shielding instead of lightshielding.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Nobody has really tried using lightshielding effectively in the melee metagame. I bet it would have some interesting results. I want to try using it with marth sometimes because he gets stabbed really easy when he's on a platform, but it's really hard to do it properly. Most of the time I end up not shielding instead of lightshielding.
What? You can Light Shield near the edge of a platform to be able to perform an instant aerial. Its a decent trap.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
If I recall, Shiz really liked doing that shield pushed off instant aerial. No one else really does it as much but I've seen it several times at least \o/

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Paul (sleak): are you gonna come to alberta beat down?
Calgary: are you gonna come to alberta beat down?
I'd like to.

Question answered.

I guess I will just have to gamble with the shield, just like with the hammer. Or perhaps this is more incentive to incorporate WD into my game. Hmmmm....
Wavedash =/= replacement for shield. Just learn to powershield.

Ironically I like to powershield a lot now that I use marth more.

What? You can Light Shield near the edge of a platform to be able to perform an instant aerial. Its a decent trap.
^I do this sometimes.

kage vs carl 2011 rematch gogo
I'd watch

edit: as long as victor isn't commentating

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
How do you get out of pressure with G&W lol

I guess you could tilt your shield and lightshield, but with his crap rolls it's like Samus but with less defence

lots of WD OoS I guess

TBH I don't even know how to lightshield properly other than holding Z and pulling it out AFTER your grab

Lol but the manhole/chair edgeguard. Chair TRADES WITH MARTH'S UP B

Characters I now play:
Falco
Fox
Puff (Not really anymore)
Falcon
Roy
G&W
Doc/Mario (Sorta)
Ganon (Not really)

sleak-

Smash Journeyman
daymmm I would LOVE to go but me and alot of calgary are taking spring courses and we dont finish till late june :[. However Ill let allan know cause hes beassssssssssssssttt at mvc3

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Here's the link http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=302670

It's on June 25th, in edmonton. There will be both MvC3 and melee.

VICTOR PLEASE PUT THIS IN THE OP AND TITLE.
Are you ever going to realize Victor isn't useful and just ask Mike to do it?

TBH I don't even know how to lightshield properly other than holding Z and pulling it out AFTER your grab
You press R or L (lightly)

daymmm I would LOVE to go but me and alot of calgary are taking spring courses and we dont finish till late june :[. However Ill let allan know cause hes beassssssssssssssttt at mvc3
My main concern is how is this all going to fit into one day, really. And is it gonna end up like the last one...

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
"6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored."

Lol is this how you try to lower metaknight on the tier list? or are you just being unfair. I'd hate to play on norfair with MK

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
"6. There is a Ledge Grab Limit of 35 for Meta Knight and 50 for all other characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored."

Lol is this how you try to lower metaknight on the tier list? or are you just being unfair. I'd hate to play on norfair with MK
he didn't make up that rule, that's off the unity ruleset. and norfair is banned

Alphicans

Smash Hero

Brad you really have no business commenting about anything brawl related.

'nuff said.

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
brad, i've told you like three times. i don't have any control over canada boards =P
But you have a voice that people might actually listen to.

he didn't make up that rule, that's off the unity ruleset. and norfair is banned
I was lol'ing at brawl players, not him.

Brad you really have no business commenting about anything brawl related.

'nuff said.
Brawl has no business being competitive.

Nuff Said.

it's japan
To me the first one definately is more of a chick, and thankfully it is. By no means whatsoever did I think the second wasn't a dude. And even if I was wrong, it's not like anyone could ever be attracted to it and then unpleasantly surprised.

Top Bottom