• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Sraigux

Smash Journeyman
sorry for the late reply, I was skiing

There was a whole bunch of just statements of stufffffff (ie filler) in your post but I will address some things:
Yeah, sorry about that, I am really struggling in english. I really need to learn how to structure my sentences.

It means people are spending more time talking about it and arguing over what is better than what when in reality none of it is original to begin with.
Haters are gonna hate. It's just like cars, people will always argue about the brand. It is up to the individual to pick which model they like. What do you mean none of it is original to begin with? Are you implying that all the songs are the same? Or that they sound the same? Again this can be classified with any genre. Especially rock, they use the same 4 instruments for every song.

a good example someone else has used to illustrate overproduction: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxYHuZrg1ms

BT takes a perfectly good earth wind and fire song, loops it, does some computer wizardry with his macbook and makes it sound like **** and doesn't even care. This happens to a lesser extent in LOTS of modern electronic music.
You make a valid point here, but as you said this is mostly with modern electronic music. Do you classify modern as just anything produced in the past couple of years or commercial stuff?

You would probably enjoy all the IDM stuff that's out there right now. It's not really danceable but tons of fun to listen to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAkFBQ6sIcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apoZaIERYgk
Thank you, I always enjoy new music. (Although IDM is a hard genre to follow, seeing as how it is pretty much the miscellaneous subgenre of the EDM family)

only the ****ty Rock, Hip-hop, Reggae, etc.
Define ****ty. And following that statement couldn't I just quote that and replace the genre with Electronic music to counter your arguments in just saying that it only applies to ****ty EDM?

FalseFalco

Smash Master
My frustration is that artists these days are quite content with sticking to boring formulaic **** that's been done and done over again. Rather than try and do something interesting like 100% of the electronic artists in the 80's, 95% are content with doing the same song I've already heard but just overproduce it to death and sell it to macbook dj's.

And when I say 'artists these days' I mean pick an artist that's ever been to Edmonton or you've heard someone talk about out loud and I probably already think they're a hack. That's how bad it is right now.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Did Jarrett pull out a fox & marth at the calgary tourney? Or who is that that also plays samus?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am the worst at taking tests of all time. I think I lose an average of 15% per test due to bad decisions and not because I don't know the material. FML.

Facebook status smashboards style lol.

Frio

Smash Champion
Dude. 1 word. English. You try to fail and they'll give you at least an 80 (Unless you're asian)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Dude. 1 word. English. You try to fail and they'll give you at least an 80 (Unless you're asian)
Lol yeah english is great. No chance to mess up due to dumb mistakes. Still what can I do in life with english? If there was a good and fun career to pursue then yeah I'd definitely go 100% english, but there isn't. :/

How do you make a bad decision but still know your material?
Pretty easy. Mostly reading the question wrong. Sometimes doubting myself even though I knew when I first answered it it was right. Something comes over me in tests, I don't know what it is. Like you ask me to explain/do questions in a non-test environment I can usually explain and do them with ease. Give the same question in a test situation and I **** up. That exact thing happened today.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
i know exactly how you feel but i'm pretty sure most people have that same problem which means it doesn't really matter in curved courses

the tests that i do well on aren't necessarily because i know my material but more cause i don't do stupid ****

or because it's english lololol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Lol yeah english is great. No chance to mess up due to dumb mistakes. Still what can I do in life with english? If there was a good and fun career to pursue then yeah I'd definitely go 100% english, but there isn't. :/
loloololool
Pretty easy. Mostly reading the question wrong. Sometimes doubting myself even though I knew when I first answered it it was right. Something comes over me in tests, I don't know what it is. Like you ask me to explain/do questions in a non-test environment I can usually explain and do them with ease. Give the same question in a test situation and I **** up. That exact thing happened today.
yeah i sometimes have that problem as well. I wish things were straight forward like math, where the just give you the question and you can do it without having to interpret what the question is asking, or mistaken what it is asking

Frio

Smash Champion
Becoming an English teacher and failing all the Asian kids. I think you`d love that.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
but that stuff happens all the time in assignments too. i kinda meant purely doing it on exams but meh, that happens to everyone, not just you.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I know it happenes to everyone, but not all the time. I am consistently bad on tests, and teachers have told me this themselves.... It's depressing.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Don't crack under pressure.

Just **** tests' **** up and make them beg to you, "Stop answering and writing everything correctly!!!:(:(:(". And then just do it anyway.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
lol calm down luke. obviously im just joking.

if you make hella bad mistakes on exams, just make sure you double check your answers, and never change your initial answer unless you can 100% prove your first answer to be wrong.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
LOOOOOOOOOOOL i was actually not expecting that tyson, well done

oh yeah i was studying/doing hw today on a computer at school while listening to some dubstep song and this random cuban/mexican/latino *** turns to me and was like "OH MAN YOU'RE LISTENIN TO DUBSTEP? MAN THAT STUFF'S SO SICK I BLAST THAT STUFF IN THE CAR WITH MY MOM AND SHE THINKS IT'S LIKE UFO **** OR SOMETHING!"

-_-

Tyson651

Smash Lord
LOOOOOOOOOOOL i was actually not expecting that tyson, well done

oh yeah i was studying/doing hw today on a computer at school while listening to some dubstep song and this random cuban/mexican/latino *** turns to me and was like "OH MAN YOU'RE LISTENIN TO DUBSTEP? MAN THAT STUFF'S SO SICK I BLAST THAT STUFF IN THE CAR WITH MY MOM AND SHE THINKS IT'S LIKE UFO **** OR SOMETHING!"

-_-
rofl wtf

I wasn't like seriously saying "**** you." It was a lighthearted **** you. :)
oh ok, but seriously, did kat tell you that too?

Crusayer

Smash Lord
^ wat

Moar calgary questions: Black Falcon Vs blue ribbon puff.

I'm guessing puff is tyson (?). Black Falcon i dunno since you guys said will plays green and victor plays pink.

Crusayer

Smash Lord
You were at the calgary tourney? If you played blue ribbon puff, were you the one that teamed with Mach5?

Addition to the black falcon vs puff above, the black falcon changed to green fox for 2nd game. Maybe dan?

????????

Top Bottom