• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
What is the legitimacy of the source on that picture? I don't exactly feel like doing the research and i'm not an expert on the topic, but it seriously just looks like someone just took screen cap of google maps and then added the rest. Look at the width of that radiation spread, not only does it look like it is intentionally headed for north america, the phase timeline doesn't even follow the logarithmic laws of nuclear halflife. Why is there no spread of the day 3 or 10 phase closer to japan (adjacent to the direction it appears to be flowing)? I mean the radiation is practically a projectile headed for North America. Also it looks like whoever made the picture forgot to put the layer that reads; "day 10" above the layer that has the affected areas higlighted. One more thing... why does it stop at day 10? They should have an accurate prediction of where radiation would go from day 10 considering how well meteoroligists can identify and predict wind currents.

The picture has me believing that any idiot who knows how to edit an image could've made it just to try and scare North Americans... specifically the United States.

edit: yes there are people that hate americans and would troll them like this

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
just sayin none of my classes covered chernobyl. history is a pretty useless class when its main focus is canadian history.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I learned of France, USSR, Japan, Germany, America, the works, in my Social Studies classes in Junior High & High School. Be they revolutions, war related, etc.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Old curriculum covered USSR and such in grade 9, while the new one (switched 2009/2010 or something like that) covers Candian history, justice system, and economics. It does do Japan, Renaissance and Aztecs in grade 8 to compensate though.

Canadian history is a joke compared to European history. =(

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
yeah but scott and levi graduated from junior high in 2006 iirc cause i graduated in 2007

so they either changed the curriculum twice in the past few years or people didn't have good teachers (probly the latter)

i heard you only need a 2.0 gpa to become a teacher lol

Tyson651

Smash Lord
faculty of education only requires like 2.0 or 2.3 from science or arts so pretty much only 2.0 to be a teacher

smarms

Smash Cadet

Frio

Smash Champion
yeah but scott and levi graduated from junior high in 2006 iirc cause i graduated in 2007

so they either changed the curriculum twice in the past few years or people didn't have good teachers (probly the latter)

i heard you only need a 2.0 gpa to become a teacher lol
Hey. Hey. T-T

Crusayer

Smash Lord
Yeah yeah ._. I've been lazy and didn't want to retransfer that 39 gb vid back into my laptop to edit `-`.

Also been busy with blazblue and madoka :D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i remember mine was almost all about ussr

though i dont mind it, it was really interesting. i think over the years of soc, i learned about greece, japan, ussr and the world wars which were rather interesting.

Stevo

Smash Champion
faculty of education only requires like 2.0 or 2.3 from science or arts so pretty much only 2.0 to be a teacher
yea its pretty slack, which is a shame because we really could use some good teachers these days. Though I am not so sure how related a good GPA with being a good teacher is.

It at least shows some dedication, though.

EDIT: Smarms combo too good.

Tyson651

Smash Lord
The problem is that the gpa entrance is low so there's always too many graduates and not enough jobs for all of them. They should make the entrance more competitive, instead of saturating the amount of graduates.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah pretty much. If they were paid more then we'd have better teachers. But do we really need super high quality teachers? Like sure it makes the school experience more enjoyable, but in the end the result is the generally the same.

Although I tend to do a lot better based on how much I enjoy my teacher, like it's highly significant, but I think I am an outlier.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Even if they pay the teachers more, that doesn't mean the teacher is going to be awesome. Everyone's different remember? You'll still have boring teachers and you'll want to sleep in class because either the teacher is not exciting or the subject sucks.. etc. It really depends on the person.

Stevo

Smash Champion
true, but some people might sleep in class because the school system is not set up for the type of learning that would best benefit them.

Im not saying it can be perfect for everyone, but there is room for improvement.

but yea, there will always be people who dont care about their jobs and putting in their best effort.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Even if they pay the teachers more, that doesn't mean the teacher is going to be awesome. Everyone's different remember? You'll still have boring teachers and you'll want to sleep in class because either the teacher is not exciting or the subject sucks.. etc. It really depends on the person.
If they make becoming a teacher a more competitive environment + pay teachers more, then you'll get better teachers. Usually it's pretty obvious who is a good teacher and who isn't.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
why would paying a teacher better wages make them a better teacher? that's horrible logic. making it a competitive environment would mean lowering the amount of graduates by increasing the entrance gpa needed to get into the faculty and then increasing the gpa needed to graduate in the first place. paying a ****ty teacher isn't going to make him/her better, in fact i hope you realize that lower wages increase work efficiency in nearly all fields

Top Bottom