• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Doom SHL is so legit, even if it is 2001. Keeps pressure on larger characters and ones with non-instant supers.

Anyone know what the largest Melee money match has been?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I think it was $500 or something between the Great Leon and jkun in Cali. Math Dittos lolol

Tyson651

Smash Lord
What a match. I almost had a heart attack even though I don't know them or the meta game.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
Anyone wanna smash in a workroom tomorrow? I'm trying to get a Smash Club started but we need at least 20 UofC students and their info.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
whoa wtf my post bit location was showing stuff at the top for some reason and when i checked it, it was still set to left

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
what's the deal with vgc? do they meet every monday? what time, what is it like, etc.?
VGC is every Monday from 6:00pm to 10:00. Fair amount of people, one HDTV usually used for playing the latest Xbox 360 games, while the other 2 TV's we usually steal for smash in either 64, Melee or Brawl form (or other Wii titles). $5 for the entire year.

However, we basically smash about 3-4 times a week now. We discovered that you can book workrooms in digital and McKimmie libraries, and you can do whatever you want in them. Some of them have a TV, so we use those. Also, if people don't show up within 10 minutes of when they booked the time, we can steal their block.

FRIDAY WORKROOM SMASH 2:00-6:00!!!!

EDIT: People who already workroom smash with us all the time who could help fill the list:

Melee:

Daniel
Me
Tom
Brent
Yosuke
Brandon
Paul
Simon
Allan
Victor
Aaron?
Aaron's friend?
Ganon player whatever his name is

Brawl:

Ben
Hansel?
James?
The other 4-6 people who play Brawl at the VGC

I'm sure we can advertise a bit and find people outside of VGC to join smash club; I think at least 20 people at the tournament weren't part of the VGC but were in U of C

Rush

Smash Apprentice

T-block

B2B TST
all right sick...i'll have my car by monday so i'll try to come after work

i don't finish work until 5 or so... do you guys ever smash after 6, or is it just vgc?

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
i'm assuming you guys need 20 UofC students..

I'm in grade 10, and james is in grade 11 :). So, XD.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
all right sick...i'll have my car by monday so i'll try to come after work

i don't finish work until 5 or so... do you guys ever smash after 6, or is it just vgc?
We smash a lot during our breaks in workrooms. For example, I'm playing with Daniel, Paul, and maybe Tom tomorrow at 10:00, and then on Friday lots of people are playing from 2 to 6.

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow? I said Friday!

Also, I'm not so sure how many people would be willing to come tbh. Admittedly I'm still a little smashed out from last time, but I would like to host something for you :p

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Mmmmm, I've got a physics exam Friday from 1-3, so the earliest I can be at U of C is 4, that is assuming I don't get lost and wander around for 2 hours (reminds me of my first smashfest >.<). I'll see about Friday, but I'll probably be there Monday.

Rush

Smash Apprentice
We smash a lot during our breaks in workrooms. For example, I'm playing with Daniel, Paul, and maybe Tom tomorrow at 10:00, and then on Friday lots of people are playing from 2 to 6.
Fox/Sheik Vs Falco
Marth vs Puff (maybe not this one...-.-)

...salty matches. I'll bring a camera if we want anything recorded (in choppy quality).

Stevo

Smash Champion
so um.... I hate to bail at the last minute since this was sort of for me, but I have to work extra late tomorrow (new job with more responsibilities and all)

and my car is encased in snow, and its like almost 3 hour drive to Sid's place from where I am so I wouldnt get there till probably 8 or 9 now that I have to stay longer at work.... I dunno.

I really wanna smash. I have a craving to try and play Pikachu, believe it or not, as pika is one of the only characters I never use in melee. Playing some double zelda would be awesome too, but I'm just really exhausted and all that travel there and back just for a couple hours of melee when people are already starting to get tired of playing just doesn't sound that great

Hope you guys understand.

thanks for attempting to host for me Sid

Top Bottom