• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

lemonlau36

Smash Journeyman
I kind of like the ensemble in the last video. I don't like a lot of new music, but that was almost enjoyable! The piece just needs to be about 5 mins shorter and have some dynamic contrast. And maybe something a little more interesting.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
The shines were cool, but those guys play soooo flashy.

Didn't seem like they bothered trying to change their playstyle from game 1 to 3 :\

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
I don't even want to check smashboards anymore cause brad's posts are do annoying.
Now you know how i feel

Yeah.

Brad why the **** are you arguing that 6 rests in one match is perfectly reasonable? That's the dumbest **** I've ever heard, and you should feel bad.
I'm glad I'm not you Luke, that would make my life significantly worse.

p.s I played smash today, and got 6 rests against Allan and Simon in one match. In fact I got 7, but one didn't kill so I won't even count it.

and I'm not even good.

i like brad's posts, they're not about engineering or handjobs
they arn't? I can't tell.

levi you are in engineering too

embrace
No he's not.

+1 for Bread posts. They are somewhat entertaining, and they aren't handjobs.

Basically what Levi said.
*****es don't know about my handjobs

I kind of like the ensemble in the last video. I don't like a lot of new music, but that was almost enjoyable! The piece just needs to be about 5 mins shorter and have some dynamic contrast. And maybe something a little more interesting.
You should listen to sharktits

That match reminds me a lot of me vs Victor. :(
sounds like me and luke in our fox ditto days
I'm very glad I didn't click this link, or even consider it.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
Alberta has like the 3rd or 4th best smash scene in Canada, which is more sad than impressive.
I can't believe Nova Scotia's scene is so large, they're capital is even smaller than Calgary (so surprised when I learned this).

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
the main reason our community isn't as extravagant as most, i think, is the majority of us are now uni students and we're definitely not able to smash as much as we used to years ago. Like, we definitely can't spend an entire day or two smashing every week like we used to. Or at least like I used to back in RD.

I know the entire melee-only scene for edmonton are at the U with the exception of riley and jarrett who are still high schoolers. so yeah. life. lol.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I'm so jealous of calgary right now. XD uofa's 'smash club' definitely fails to impress. A lot of potential newcomers at UofA but it doesn't seem like anyone really cares too much about newer players. Residence having a smash club and smash themed volleyball team (with Tshirts lmao) and they even have a painting in one of the halls of a handful of the characters. I've already met this year, so many people in engineering who are interested in competitive smash after over hearing. Engineering First Year's club play smash all the time, and there was smash happening on a projector in the middle of this major building not too long ago (SUB). So much potential, but the brawl community keeps to much to themselves and melee is dead. :<

Plus, so many asians in calgary, and paul is <3

Stevo

Smash Champion
I used to play melee with my whole residence back in the day. of course, they had no idea how to play competitively, but it was still pretty fun. (this was at the U of A when I started)
They even chanted "FALCO!, FALCO!, FALCO!" when one of the guys went up to get his diploma lol

also, new players duking it out is sooooo hype.

I guess all I'm saying is I agree that we need to get some new players in on this, but it's tough since nobody really has the time.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Victor, stop being ********. We want new comers obviously, but how the hell are we supposed to reach to these random people who play? If those people also have a smash club, and we don't know about it, how are you expected for them to know about us? I agree that we haven't spent enough time advertising our tournaments, and our club is definitely not a club lol. I think next year we need to like actually have a booth during the clubs fair. Nothing special, just a poster, table, and someone there to say what we do.

And maybe you could talk to these people that you are over hearing?

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Pssh, I helped re-spark a crew into Brawl myself, and I'm building up a Melee group. You guys need to give people a reason to stay interested and not just take their money.

Victor, stop being ********. We want new comers obviously, but how the hell are we supposed to reach to these random people who play? If those people also have a smash club, and we don't know about it, how are you expected for them to know about us? I agree that we haven't spent enough time advertising our tournaments, and our club is definitely not a club lol. I think next year we need to like actually have a booth during the clubs fair. Nothing special, just a poster, table, and someone there to say what we do.

Needs moar hype.

This. Also would anyone be able to house me if I were to go up during the Winter break? The Coaldale bros may come too and while they're still learning a lot about Melee, they're absolutely phenomenal in Brawl teams. I've also improved by a ton in Melee and I'd love to see you guys all again. =D Falco dittos all day.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah man I did. I mentioned that I did before in the monthlies thread.
victor

you are being ****ing overdramatic

stop it

that is all
i think thats just how it came across cause its typed out and lacked emoticons. If I were talking about it in person i'd be flailing my arms and making xD faces irl.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Having a booth where we just sit down and smash would draw people if we were to get involved with club fairs. I think smashing on the sub projector will gain interest. But there's lots of bulletins around campus, we just gotta post post post.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Hmm yeah, playing smash in SUB would probably get people's interest. I'd love for smash club to actually become a club where we smash regularly. That way any new people can just smash for fun most of the time instead of only coming to tournaments and losing money.

I am thinking from a noob's POV seeing someone being really technical with fox/falco or getting stupid rests with jiggs or doing some insane combos with c.falcon would really make them stop and stare (for people who like smash alot just don't know there is a competitive side to it). I could see attracting people to melee easier through that method than brawl :(

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
Alberta has like the 3rd or 4th best smash scene in Canada, which is more sad than impressive.
I can't believe Nova Scotia's scene is so large, they're capital is even smaller than Calgary (so surprised when I learned this).
East coast = tournaments.

I'm so jealous of calgary right now. XD uofa's 'smash club' definitely fails to impress.
First of all, our "VGC" club is actually pretty ****ty, all it does is provide a TV and a room for us, it's filled with shouting LoL players and stupid Xbox halo idiots who just run the campaign or something stupid, it's nothing to be proud of, we're just putting in an effort to actually smash, which you obviously arn't considering you have smash playing in multiple places, a club specificly for it and you ARE NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

god, you have no organizational skills or teamwork. I think I'm going to get together a football game.

Something, I wasn't really reading
Playing smash at a club event might as well be a tournament, count me in.

that is all
Can I be a mod yet?

diddy kongggggggg
Do not use brawl or nobody cool will come.

Hansel34

Smash Cadet
On a side point... I know someone in U of A who does play melee... Whens the next melee tournament ^.^, and I'll tell him xD.

Imagination

Smash Apprentice
most lcd screens have a natural motion blur from the lagtime it takes for the crystals to change colours. That video's motion blur took a lot of processing. It pretty much emulated 60 fps video for a 30 fps stream by having gameplay captured at an insane framerate (like many more times faster than the human eye can even see) and then basically used all of the extra frames that we wouldn't see to "fill in" the differences between the frames we do see... if that makes sense.

simplified it uses a lot of information to make it look smoother. I'm not like an expert or anything but a tv with that kind of processing power to do it live would probably cost a buttload of money. Also because of being so used to playing the game at the precise level we do, the mixed together frames would make the game feel less concrete. Its a nice eye candy for vids though

Top Bottom