• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Yeah. I won't dis Brawl anymore. I'll take out the "work to win" and rephrase it as "taking my style of work" to win. I understand the perspective of where Dragons is coming from. In Melee, I never get the time to take a step back and think about what I'm doing. IMO it's a lot more feeling and on the spot; what comes next in a setup or a combo just has to come to you naturally. I don't think I would be very fitted to Brawl; actually thinking about the next thing I'll do, etc. IMO I'd suck if I actually tried to think "where is the guy going to move next, and what moves can I follow up with", and I'd be a lot better just getting caught in the moment and feeling where the person will move.

That being said, I need to play you in a Melee tournament or something. I could play Brawl with you too, but I'd probably just go MK and spam B.

Jams.

+15 Attack
NNID
DumberChild
If anyone wants an example of how bad he is, he STILL hasn't updated the official club websites date to say the tenth, it still says this friday. I wonder how many people are gonna go expecting it to happen. Then again, probably none, cause it NEVER SAID A TIME OR PLACE

Here's hoping. I probably can't even go now anyways.

We're talking Join Date Levi, do you know my original join date bro?
You have to go Brad, to represent white people. You're practically Calgary's only hope of not having a totally Asian top 4/8.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
Lemme tell ya, spamming tornado against Sonic is just gonna get you bent over and violated hard. lmao
I wouldn't know. It's the only thing I know that works decently well. I used to play a decent Wolf, but I realized the game wasn't for me, and I stopped trying to be good. I'd probably get 4 stocked by any Brawl player here

Ben and his DACUS-happy Snake got the Brawl part covered, but yeah, Melee is going to be like all Asian + Brad

But wait, there's still Kevin and... Levi's bro?

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i don't cc dsmash i only fc nair and float in tipper range.

you should be more afraid of jamie. In all seriousness.

KillLock

Smash Lord
Yeah. I won't dis Brawl anymore. I'll take out the "work to win" and rephrase it as "taking my style of work" to win. I understand the perspective of where Dragons is coming from. In Melee, I never get the time to take a step back and think about what I'm doing. IMO it's a lot more feeling and on the spot; what comes next in a setup or a combo just has to come to you naturally. I don't think I would be very fitted to Brawl; actually thinking about the next thing I'll do, etc. IMO I'd suck if I actually tried to think "where is the guy going to move next, and what moves can I follow up with", and I'd be a lot better just getting caught in the moment and feeling where the person will move.

That being said, I need to play you in a Melee tournament or something. I could play Brawl with you too, but I'd probably just go MK and spam B.
I'd be down for melee. Weren't you guys having a melee tournament coming up soon? If anyone from Edmonton would be willing to road trip there I would be down to hit up Calgary for some smash.

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
My Puff isn't good enough against Fox. I just play Puff against people Falco has a hard time pillaring + Marths that are just tech skill
*coughPAULcough*

Yeah I'd probably play Falco vs Fox

But if you play campy + slow, DON'T GET GRABBED!

EDIT: I don't think you'd like playing my Puff either. I spam b-airs and rest

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
With Fox.

Jiggz is so fun to play. I hated on Hbox's playstyle until I realized that it's so fun to piss people off by getting 6 rests on one player in a doubles match + the winning rest

WOP is also really fun to do IMO

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
oh, i'm opposite bread then. i started playing in 05, and then to ask carl questions about ct2 made an account in 06.
More like that

ruhtraeel is a hilarious melee bandwagoner

:009:
Nah, he's actually pretty cool for a new guy

sprinkle a bit of ignorance on that cup cake and you're quite the pastry.
Cupcakes arn't pastries...

I get satisfaction from reading my opponent, not some tech heavy combo.
This is the one reason to not hate brawl competitively

lee your post was solid till you said you work harder for the win in melee

my dsmash begs to differ

:009:
MY downsmash differs your downsmash

Lemme tell ya, spamming tornado against Sonic is just gonna get you bent over and violated hard. lmao
Playing against sonic is a violation of fun

You have to go Brad, to represent white people. You're practically Calgary's only hope of not having a totally Asian top 4/8.
But wait, there's still Kevin and... Levi's bro?
Yeah, only chance of top 4 =_=

I'd be down for melee. Weren't you guys having a melee tournament coming up soon? If anyone from Edmonton would be willing to road trip there I would be down to hit up Calgary for some smash.
Tbh it won't be worth it, I mean I'd love you guys to come, but I'll probs be too busy and as far as I've heard the tournament is expecting to do all three games double and singles in 4 hours.

But who knows, maybe the host will pull through, if only he'd tell us anything

6 rest kills on one player in a doubles match...?

who the hell are you playing against
Uhhh, have you never played a decent jiggs in teams? This is every jiggs teams match ever.

unless the jiggs loses.

ruhtraeel's posts should have a disclaimer about how he doesn't represent the melee community.
On the bright side, he's a lot better than the average new guy/luke/tyler

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I do feel like I'm hating on Brawl too much, but I was just dissapointed from the standpoint of it being a sequel. I should probably treat it like a new game, also with Starcraft 2.
I'll play Brawl+ and Brawl- cause they are like completely new games, something I can just play casually and for fun. In terms of getting good and practicing, only 3 games = Starcraft 1, Starsiege: Tribes, Super Smash Bros. Melee.

EDIT: I said that I don't want to play Brawl at the tournament because IMO, a tournament for a party game doesn't work very well.

Items rock in Brawl
every super smash bros game is intended as a party fighter/game forced competitive

KlTHKlN

Smash Journeyman
when you imagine a cake you imagine, well a cake, right? When you imagine pastries, I bet you imagine things more like danishes.

Small cakes only relate to pastries in the sense that some ******** people call small batter cups pastries, like, the same batter in the bowl is cake batter, but once you put it in a little paper cup it's "pastries" and then once cooked, it is cake again? Yeah, I think someone should point out thats absolutely rediculous

T-block

B2B TST
1. a dough of flour, water, shortening, and sometimes other ingredients
2. baked foods, such as tarts, made with this dough
3. an individual cake or pastry pie

cupcakes are pastries

ruhtraeel

Smash Ace
So I've started a discussion about Puff and Pastries. Get it? Hah.

But yeah. Tournament's on the 10th of December, www.vgccalgary.ca (under events and at the top I think)
5-9pm or later
All 3 smash games
Cash prizes
Bring controllers if you want, not mandatory
Bring in consoles please

Brad, remember to tell Kevin, and maybe Levi's bro if he wants to go. You should keep coming to Monday smashfests with us to practice up for the tournament.

Also, there's going to be a digital library thing built, where apparently there will be video games to play during a spare, etc. Doesn't open until sometime in 2011 though, from what I heard. Calgary smashers should go there

I'm out

Top Bottom