• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
no i'm kidding. That was a huge upset.

But Luke and I always have to have the same placing at every tourney so the gods did what the had to to keep luke in 7th place.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
This was a really fun tournament although im really disappointed on my singles performance. Both my losses (Matt & Solaris) came down to the final game last stock :(

Im not that good, i just shine alot.

Hopefully ill see you guys at the next monthly. Was great meeting all of you.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I kinda wanted to do a low tier tourney tonight but I went around asking everybody and everybody said they wouldn't enter except for you and Sid. And that's how the MM started

This was a really fun tournament although im really disappointed on my singles performance. Both my losses (Matt & Solaris) came down to the final game last stock :(

Im not that good, i just shine alot.

Hopefully ill see you guys at the next monthly. Was great meeting all of you.
Dang, you've been playing since 2006 and this is your first tourney? haha

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Yup...never knew a smash community existed here O.o I just train against Cpu's haha. I never got to play you though Tyler =/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
k

1. Dragonz, whats your first name? Also, totally add me on facebook plz. We should keep in touch. Thug life.

2. wtf cpu training for 3 years is legit cause you're god **** bad ***. Like, mad smart I can't even believe it.

Dragonz7

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I watched you play vs Matt, you definitely impressed me for your first tourney

Maybe we can get some matches in next time =)
lol thanks. Yeah for sure. Who do you even main? :p

k

1. Dragonz, whats your first name? Also, totally add me on facebook plz. We should keep in touch. Thug life.

2. wtf cpu training for 3 years is legit cause you're god **** bad ***. Like, mad smart I can't even believe it.
1. David Le. Haha add me! Your peach is ****.

2. Cpu's are legit.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Graaaah we never got to play 1v1 though I don't think. XD Your fox and marth are delic.

Next time we gotta play lots. =D

Yeah but seriously, how did you get so good just facing cpus. Makes no sense XD I swear.

Yeaaaah there's a lot of David Le. Just add me. www.facebook.com/victra =D

G

Ganon Funk

GANON FUNK -
(i went with dragonz)
**** u guys are crazy!
good tourny, looking forward to next one,
i have to learn to wave dash! lol

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yo, you're pretty freakin legit too man. Some really good spacing when I was playing your Ganon. XD

I hope you come to more as well. XD

FalseFalco

Smash Master
melee wrecked jarrett's brawl samus

his z-air wall was unsatisfactory
BAWWWWWW

jarret you just need to grab instead of dash attacking sometimes and you have a terrible habit of doublejumping above people to escape combos. Kage had this same problem until a year ago, you'll see in the vids of me vs him from ame that I really abused this habit. I took advantage of this during our third match.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Brad you're still an idiot for not understanding anything. When I was asking Carl to team it must've been the most obvious joke in this thread other than you as a person.
The thing is, if Carl didn't have Dan as a teammate, he'd probs say yes, so I dun joke it

I'd just like to say ahead of time, that I totally called this.
Armada Armada Armada?

I kinda wanted to do a low tier tourney tonight but I went around asking everybody and everybody said they wouldn't enter except for you and Sid. And that's how the MM started
Yeah thats really common, you guys should try starting with FREE tournaments, then people actually play. It's better than no tournament. Ah well, It's really uncommon to have time for a real secondary event anyways. I prefer friendlies generally.

2. Cpu's are legit.
Powershield, Jab.

i have to learn to wave dash! lol
Ganon you say? I suggest looking into useful wavelanding, it's a lot cooler and actually more useful with ganon than regular ol' wavedashing. Frankly it's easier too, I don't wavedash with Ganon ever cause it's rarely more useful than anything else he has.

doublejumping above people to escape combos.
Most common mistake ever bro. I do it too, I've gotten better since I learned to DI, but it's so common.

That and the same thing but they try to dair.

BankaiPwn

Smash Cadet
I swear to god Sid, one day. ONE DAY. My Peach WILL beat your Pikachu!
On that note, I want to mirror pikachu matchup someday with you Sid =D... when I get a lot better as of current I stand no chance in hell... but it should be fun lol.

Fun tourny, hope there's the same participation next month.

Personally... must get better xD

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yo Brad, Ganon Funk is legit though. I'm pretty sure he wavelands already,cause if I remember he was **** good at covering options when I was playing with him in teams.

And don't even diss cpu's yo. Dragonz is the most legit I have ever seen.

On that note, I want to mirror pikachu matchup someday with you Sid =D... when I get a lot better as of current I stand no chance in hell... but it should be fun lol.

Fun tourny, hope there's the same participation next month.

Personally... must get better xD
<33333 I'm glad that you liked your first tourney Sam! I really like your pikachu so far, and considering you've only played for a month or so I think if you play with us more often you're gonna get way better! Just get Carl to give you some hxc smash training or something. XD

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Yeah thats really common, you guys should try starting with FREE tournaments, then people actually play. It's better than no tournament. Ah well, It's really uncommon to have time for a real secondary event anyways. I prefer friendlies generally.
It wasn't necessarily because of the money, but people were saying they felt like going home

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
oh yeah, we were gonna do low tiers or something right? Next Melee monthly, we should start a little earlier if possible, that way everyones not tired/hungry by the time singles is over.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
The moral of the story is, don't play brawl.
Or you'll end up thinking you can get top 3 with a bad character, and get 7th regardless.

It wasn't necessarily because of the money, but people were saying they felt like going home
Well that too, it's ahrd to get low tier because theres a general people who don't like a lot of low tiers, and never play them, so they're not interested. Not to mention, Singles and Doubles are by and far better, so low tier ends pretty late, like you said.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I thought there would be more interest for low tier too be honest. Obviously me/sid, then there is that new pikachu main, sraigux who I am pretty sure plays mewtwo, Dan/Carl probably both have good low tier characters they can whip out of their *****, Victor and his pichu, and there was that other reddeer guy that played link or something. Maybe next time :(.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
It wasn't even that late when singles ended lol, it was like 8 or 9 something and we had the venue until 1, but the sun does set at like 4:30 which sucks =(

We can probably get people to start coming at around 1 next month so we can start doubles at 2 and end at 4, then singles from then until 7ish. But yeah, it's basically what Brad said. And I guess if people don't feel like paying money, we COULD always lower the pot entry to $2 or $1 or even free =/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Yeah. I dunno, I completely forgot about low tiers. If someone had made mention, I would have loved to stay later.

Low Tiers is manly for kicks so yeah, lower pot would have been great. I wouldn't have minded playing low tiers, like Luke said, there's a lot of us with some somewhat legit low tiers. It would have been fun.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Yeah. I dunno, I completely forgot about low tiers. If someone had made mention, I would have loved to stay later.

Low Tiers is manly for kicks so yeah, lower pot would have been great. I wouldn't have minded playing low tiers, like Luke said, there's a lot of us with some somewhat legit low tiers. It would have been fun.
Yea like that one time when your Marth got styled on by my GaW? :D

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
your GaW just got less ***** than your other characters lol

which I don't even know how that happened but I guess it was legit.

Top Bottom