• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AlbertaSmash

David is way too cool to be seen with you in public

• yes

Votes: 53 64.6%
  • Its true. I am way too cool to be seen with you in public.

Votes: 29 35.4%

• Total voters

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Ganon dittos!?

Actually I hope I vs Bread in the next tournament that we're both at. I think I could win now maybe =D

Also Vic, you should update the PR, put Carl in God Tier and then put Dan > Mike in Top Tier

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
luuke I totally would have done low tier!

and no doubt I had bad habits. the fact that I had habits at all means I wasn't preforming well and only relying on muscle memory, and I know i'm better than that.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
I kinda wanna update the PR. We can talk about it sometime if you'd like, get a group convo going or something.

Tyler getting mad cocky. IMO, Brad is better than both Matt and Luke('s ylink and mario) so we'll have to see.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm not getting cocky lol, Bread is definitely better than me but I think I do pretty well vs Ganon (when I'm trying) and Bread even said he can't handle Falco's lasers too well. I brought his Ganon down to 1 stock at ADAT2 first match (but I fell apart second match).

anyway get on msn vic

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Well Vania is holding a melee tournament in December and that's on the 20/21st I think, so I don't think it's necessary to have apoc hold another one unless you guys want two, in which case I won't go to one (too much smash :/).

Stevo

Smash Champion
+1 vote to hold another one

if there was to be another one, I would recommend early December (as in, in a few weeks) because people have exams.

if thats too early tho, then you guys could maybe have the next one after new years, but before Christmas break is over???

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Update on PR should be after another tournament. Not everyone was there (calgary), and 1 tournament is never a good indicator of how well everyone would place. Take Matt and Tyler for example. Do you really think Matt would suck that badly and Tyler would do that well normally? I have my suspicions.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
yeah i agree but i'd still like to have a small update. Something like, jarrett goes up, adding dragonz, stuff like that

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yeah Jarret should go up and Dragonz needs to be on. That would be acceptable. Maybe Tyler a little bit up, but other than that no changes.

Bread~

Smash Journeyman
Actually I hope I vs Bread in the next tournament that we're both at. I think I could win now maybe =D
At this rate, apparently you got a lot better. It would be interesting to see. Thats a match I look forward to, so long as I don't lose =P

I kinda wanna update the PR. We can talk about it sometime if you'd like, get a group convo going or something.

Tyler getting mad cocky. IMO, Brad is better than both Matt and Luke('s ylink and mario) so we'll have to see.
Oh please Victor, we all know Mario and Y.Link are trash. As it stands, I'm better or at least as good as Luke's fox, considering I took him last time we played (not trying to be cocky, I'm just saying, I don't wanna be measured to a ****ing young link)

But on a serious note, wait till after birthdayoshi- to update the PR at least, even though Calgary doesnt really care, we'll be playing (with Sid, and whoever else from edmonton who comes) so we can get a general concensus.

I'm not getting cocky lol, Bread is definitely better than me but I think I do pretty well vs Ganon (when I'm trying) and Bread even said he can't handle Falco's lasers too well. I brought his Ganon down to 1 stock at ADAT2 first match (but I fell apart second match).
You played me at ADAT2? I don't even remember lol. I do remember that match at Sid's though when no one recognized you lolololool.

Well, it's not that "I" can't handle the lasers, it's that Ganon can't. When I'm a fast character, I ignore projectiles so hard, you have no idea. But then I get ***** by normal stuff.

Regardless, I'm gonna agree I'm better and I'm glad you admit it, but hey, after what I heard about this, I can't be so sure.

P.S: Don't go falco on my ganon or I'll be sad face.

Update on PR should be after another tournament. Not everyone was there (calgary), and 1 tournament is never a good indicator of how well everyone would place. Take Matt and Tyler for example. Do you really think Matt would suck that badly and Tyler would do that well normally? I have my suspicions.
I agree but would like to point out that you've been using not even tournament placings, just a MM from a long time ago to determine that you're better than me. So suck my **** you douchebag.

Also don't put down Tyler.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Tyler did pretty legit yesterday, I gotta say.

Yeah we'll do something after levi's birthday, that makes sense.

Vitality

Smash Ace
your GaW just got less ***** than your other characters lol

which I don't even know how that happened but I guess it was legit.
People underestimate his attacks. They're so freaking long especially his up-b. Luke kept getting hit by his up-b even while he was falling lol.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Bread, I think that we have played in brackets together at every tournament that we have both attended

ADAT1, ADAT2, Breadoshi

amirite?

Also I could go Fox but idk, my Fox really isn't that good. I could also go Marth but my Marth gets destroyed by Ganon >_>

Tyson651

Smash Lord
i have a lot of things to say from all these pages lol

1. try not to confuse david in singles isnt the same david in doubles. david in doubles is dragonz.

2. brad needs to stop being a troll

3. yes vic, we team again.

4. mike wong, lol ya, it was **** but then again, im pretty easily compatible with anyone in teams.

5. tyler is better than brad. ill say it myself, tyler got a lot better. i was even surprised about his falco. its better than mine now.

6. dragonz is a great addition to our melee scene. great player. just needs human experience!

7. ganon boy (dragonz's friend) is pretty good too. but i see a lot of bad habits that i took advantage of in teams, rolling is the main one.

8. sucks that i left early, i stayed up till 3:30am doing my report lol

9. luke legitimately chokes when its down to 1 vs 1 stock. even in friendly teams.

10. funny that mike and jarrod always counter picks corneria. except against vic and i o.o

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I'm trying to get the results thread up, but every time I open up a tio file, it says it's corrupted when it's not. My computer is glitched or something. =/

edit: apparently tio 1.2 can't open files made by tio 1.1 beta.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
2 things.

1. Brad stop making an *** of yourself.

2. And there's no way to compare tyler to brad until they play or someone plays them both recently. When was hte last time you played Brad, tyson? I haven't played Tyler since ADAT so I can't tell who's better because of that.

3. I refuse to accept that Peach is in Melee.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Results thread is up

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8861459

Also I played REALLY badly at ADAT2, plus I've gotten a lot better since, so I really wouldn't consider that as an indication of my current skill. The next time I see Brad, I'll play his Ganon and we can get a better picture of how good each other is. That and I like playing Brad's Ganon because eating his fair is a good incentive to stop rushing so hard =3

Ermine

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure I remember you not wanting to be on because you weren't above Allan or something. IIRC you were right under (Or above) me.
Yeah, I asked to be off because I sucked hardcore and didn't think my placing reflected where I should be. Then I actually played like I should at lolPit tourney.

Edit: It wasn't because I was below you and Allan, it was because I was below everyone forever.

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
Victraaaaa, edit the poll for this thread and make it something like "How did you like stage striking at the first Melee Monthly?" with choices like "I liked it", "I didn't like it", "I don't mind it / don't care" cause I actually wanna know what people thought of it

Tyson651

Smash Lord
the last time i played brad was at sid's house. i forgot exactly when but it was less than 2 months ago

G

Ganon Funk

Yo, you're pretty freakin legit too man. Some really good spacing when I was playing your Ganon. XD

I hope you come to more as well. XD -------------

thanks man, - yea and i do have a bad habit of rolling, im trying to fix it.
i can waveland, but wave dashing i have troubles with.
-****ing ganon.... its like C Falcon food lol
- maybe ill stay for singles next time and get tanked
-u guys are pretty sick i have to admit, me and Dragonz would just play for fun at his house lol..... then we were like DUDE TOURNYS! lol,

- cheers.

halcyon.days

Smash Journeyman
I have no johns.

But I was incredibly impressed by Jarrett (especially vs Carl on YS!!!!) and Dragonz. Hopefully next time I get there earlier and have time for some friendlies (since for a huge portion of the tourney friendlies weren't really allowed).

I have to stop being a technical ****** and stick to basics lol. Makes me either SD or makes matches go too long. I'm for sure going to stick with one character nwo instead of playing like 5. Should be fun.

Pumped for the next one.

The_Game

Smash Apprentice
I don't mean to be a ****, but can you guys post this in the pr thread? I don't really care who's better than who.

Another thing: if the poll changes make sure that you have an option for didn't use it. I'm going to guess some people didn't bother with it.

Top Bottom